Afterpay

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Room for improvement

Most times when I log in, it tells me, “sorry we encountered a problem. Try again.” This is especially embarrassing when I’m at the cashier and in a queue. I may try several times to log in and the shop assistants are not always patient. Neither are those behind me in the queue.

Rates and Fees
Gretel C.Afterpay

Hi Vasiti. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with Afterpay - we'd love a chance to try and resolve this for you. Could you please send us a DM with your contact details so our team can look into this? Thanks, Gretel.

Annoyed
Annoyed

Great until you need customer service

I purchased a gift card from afterpay on 09/05 as I have done many times with no issues. I had the first installment taken out while also being declined for the purchase... So they took my money without providing the product. I received an email regarding a refund the same minute that I received confirmation of my order. It said 5-7 days for a refund so I waited but it's obviously been much longer. Ive had back and forth conversations with afterpay who just told me to speak to my bank but my bank says that they can't see any credit until it hits the account so now I'm left in limbo and wasting my time trying to recover money that shouldn't have been taken in the first place. Absolutely shocking customer service.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and would like another chance to resolve this for you. I've sent you a direct message requesting further information so we can get in touch directly. Thanks, Isabelle.

Nelson91
Nelson91Northern Region, NSW

Terrible

Been using afterpay for over a year now and i love it, as its really handy and helps a lot when your in need. But just one time missed one payment for one day and freeze my account and surprisingly my credit limit went down terribly to zero. Like wth for one payment and I paid it off the next day.
I Feel very very disappointed with afterpay. The costumer service are terrible. You ask them a question instead of clarifying things it makes u more insane. Unbelievable. I'm kinda hesitant of using afterpay again. Once I pay my debt won't use them again. Terrible service!

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Nelson. Thanks for getting in touch. I have sent you a direct message requesting further information so our team can be in touch to look into this for you. Thanks, Isabelle.

peter z
peter zSydney, NSW

Recent events

I been using afterpay for more then a year till now always trying to pay off early or whole amount before due date.
Today i tried to buy myself a gift card using the app very surprising got declined for no reason when having nearly $1600 in store purchases available not understand the logic at all my current balance is just 400 which i brought a laundry machine paid off using afterpay ....
After contacting the customer service there was no reply for nearly 3 hour's still waiting....
I will pay my outstanding balance soon as possible and move on...

Palo88
Palo88Sydney, NSW

It seemed every loyal customer have had limit reduced or taken away

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What are Buy Now, Pay Later Services?

Your guide to the ins and out of Buy Now Pay Later services, including a look at the top companies Afterpay, Zip Pay, Openpay, and Latitude Pay.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
what-are-buy-now-pay-later-services
Yasmina
YasminaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very disappointing

The recent changes to Afterpays instore purchases is absolutely rediculous! ALOT of customers do not have phones that are compatible with NFC, so they are unable to have access an afterpay card, leaving them unable to purchase anything instore ever again. Why try and fix something that wasn't broken. The barcode system was easy and accessible to all customers. When speaking to customer service about this, all they could do was apologise - yet offered no alternative option for customers who can not access an afterpay card. Very disappointing.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Yasmina. Thanks for getting in touch - we really appreciate all feedback from our customers and have passed this onto our team. Isabelle.

MattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Convenient but lack of service

Ok to use if its your thing but useless since a re-activation that needed to be put in place took five business days. So much for the 'buy now pay later...

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Peter. We're sorry to hear this and appreciate the feedback. It sounds like your account is now reactivated, but should you need further assistance please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks, Isabelle.

GaynorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Think they are so big they don’t care about the customer

Gaynor

I haven’t received your message yet. Can you send it in email. Thank you.

Disappointed

After pay is great until you have to contact them or talk to them you cant get anywhere with them
Card declines everytime and i hate the card would rather have the barcode system back again

Nathalie S.
Nathalie S.Perth, WA

Never get a straight answer to fix the problem

Haven't been able to purchase any gift cards at all.been emailing calling customer service and totally getting no where. .I was told it's communication error then was told it's a issue with prezzee told so many other reasons but Noone is able to resolve this issue. I also was told to purchase something other than a gift card then I will be able to purchase a gift card which didn't work either. This is becoming a joke as all emails say the same thing.

Ashleigh
Ashleigh

Terrible

Terrible customer service. They rather throw terms and conditions at you instead of answering your questions. There is no human element. If they wanted to truly reward their loyal customers they would have left their payment system the way it was rather than introduce this archaic Pulse Rewards system. What a joke.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Ashleigh. Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear this and really appreciate your feedback. We are always working to improve our experience for our customers so we have passed this onto the team. Isabelle.

Beth F.
Beth F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service but...

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Beth. We are always working to improve the Afterpay experience for our customers, so we really appreciate the feedback and have passed this onto our team as an area to improve. Thanks, Isabelle.

charlene ma
charlene maGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Returning Customer

I have to closed my afterpay account late last year to get a home loan approval. During late March when everything was done, I have request to reopen my account and I have a $3000 limit. At first I thought it was great, because it like a replacement to credit card. Somehow today I check the balance, the whole limit going down $0. To my surprise is that I have make all payment on time and some of the payment is still 2 weeks away. I guess because the company can't make money of the people paying on time which is fine with me. Anyway I will pay out my account as soon as possible.

Thanks afterpay for a great shopping experience and I have purchased what I need for this month.

Rates and Fees
Application Process
Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Charlene. Thanks for reaching out. Could you please send us an email on info@afterpay.com.au with further details so our team can look into this for you? Thanks, Isabelle.

Can't buy gift cards

I bought a few gift cards with Afterpay successfully, then they decided to random block me from getting any. Since then I havent used Afterpay for weeks and still am being blocked from buying any gift cards, with zero explanation from Afterpay

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Joshua. Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when attempting to purchase gift cards. Could you please email info@afterpay.com.au so our team can look into this for you? Thanks, Isabelle.

Merinda Kate J.
Merinda Kate J.Southwest, VIC

Zero Rewards

The first time I’ve ever been penalised by a company for spending and paying instalments early. They decreased my limit with no explanation. So much for rewards I was actually penalised. I’ll be sure to use Zippay in future where possible.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi Merinda. Thanks for getting in touch. Have you tried to get in contact with us at info@afterpay.com.au? You can also reach us by phone on (AU) 1300 100 729 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM (AEDT). Our team will be happy to look into this for you. Thanks, Isabelle.