Afterpay

Pros

• Free to use - Zero Interest and No Establishment Fees

• Seamless integration within stores with a large number of merchants offering AfterPay

• Automatic payment plan of 4 equal instalments each fortnight

• Credit check not required; doesn't affect your credit score

Cons

• $10 Late Fee for missing an automatic payment

• $7 Fee on top of $10 Late Fee if you fail to repay the missed instalment within 7 days of the due date

• May affect your ability to secure a loan as lenders consider Afterpay a line of credit

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Gloria
GloriaIllawarra, NSW

I did love it til the cardthing came in at bigw

Not happy my phone doesn't support the new card system and I can't afford a new phone..should of left barcode in bigw and let's us chose which one to use

Gretel C.Afterpay

Hi Gloria. Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with Afterpay - we'd love a chance to try and resolve this for you. Could you please send us a DM with your contact details so our team can look into this? Thanks, Gretel.

Review collected in partnership with Afterpay

Minime R.
Minime R.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointing update

The App was great befor it was updated now i have log in issues when i try to do instore purchases. Why change something that was good before updating it

Gretel C.Afterpay

Hi Minime. Thanks for reaching out! We'd love a chance to resolve this for you. Could you please send us a DM so our team can look into this for you? Thanks, Gretel.

Review collected in partnership with Afterpay

James Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Afterpay limit decreased no reasonable explanation

Ive used afterpay for sometime now and always made payments before they were due, they then reduced my spending limit by $1000 for no reason???
When i asked why ,i received an automated response which didn't explain why.
With many other platforms available to pay i am closing the account and moving on.

James

It still didn't make any sense to reward a responsible and loyal customer with a credit reduction, if this is the way the accounts are automatically processed then there needs to be review of the system.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hi James. I understand that this must have been frustrating. I've sent you a direct message requesting further details so we can get in touch directly and have one of our team look into this for you. Thanks, Isabelle.

Find out how Afterpay compares to other Buy Now, Pay Later Services

Afterpay can be good and very annoying

I don't understand.

I've been an afterpay customer for years now, always had $2000 max limit never missed payment's.
I open my afterpay moments ago to finish off my last payment's,to find my max limit went down.

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What are Buy Now, Pay Later Services?

Your guide to the ins and out of Buy Now Pay Later services, including a look at the top companies Afterpay, Zip Pay, Openpay, and Latitude Pay.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019
what-are-buy-now-pay-later-services
Sam
SamNorthern Region, NSW

Frozen afterpay account

So I logged onto my afterpay today and it says that “your account is currently frozen. You can not shop in-store at this time” now I am up to date with all my payments and it’s frozen?

Isabelle C.Afterpay

Hey Sam. I'm sorry to hear this and would like to help resolve this for you. Could you please call us on (AU) 1300 100 729 Mon-Fri 8AM-6PM (AEDT) or email info@afterpay.com.au. Our team will be happy to assist! Thanks, Isabelle.

K A.
K A.Darling Downs, QLD

Handy but problematic

Have used it alot, however when buying online its a risk if item doesn't arrive. PayPal guarantee refund and will work with you to talk to the seller and In many cases if you prove your right to refund and pay by credit card the credit card company can issue a reversal, but if you pay by afterpay there is no recourse in such circumstances as afterpay tell you to talk to the seller and bank tells you to talk to afterpay.

Matt M.

Can't even make their security emails not seem like a scam

'They' send account security emails, that totally look like scam emails, where it tells you to go and report it on their website if you notice suspicious activity, where you can't report scam emails actually. They don't even have an 'other' option to report it. Also don't have an unsubscribe option at the bottom of their emails which they are legally obligated to do (yeah they claim to have this option on 'their' emails too). Laughable really. A pretty amateurish company dealing with a lot of people's money. I bought a phone with it, made two late payments now I can't get something that costs $20.

Matt M.

No Yvonne I can't because the reason for dissatisfaction list doesn't have enough answers or an 'other' option.

Afterpay CSAfterpay

Hey Matt - just added "other" to our drop down list so get in touch and tell me how we can help you help.afterpay.com

Juliana Y.
Juliana Y.Sydney, NSW

Amount Available To spend

Afterpay just reduced my available amount to spend without explanation. I got in touch to understand why, as I have been using the service for over 2 years and always paying in time and their reply was just an automatic thing, totally “I don’t care “ and someone called Cameron was totally rude when I got back again asking for a decent explanation.
So disappointed as I’ve been a good customer that was always telling my friends to try the service.

Rachael
RachaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love Afterpay but dislike App update

I dislike the update on the app. I prefer seeing how much I owed (14 days, 30 days etc) compared to how much I can spend. If I wanted to see how much I could spend I would just click on the voucher. It feels like a sneaky way to encourage people to spend instead giving people clarity on their payments.

Shane D.
Shane D.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A little difficult, could be better!

Tried to use via a new EBAY (test it out) and to take advantage of 4 payment option.
Could not setup the account as using a different email address, as I have many but would only link to one phone and one email. Support was via email and no desktop access only via mobile app.
Just a little difficult to use. Suggest to avoid!

Call us pretty sure we could help you to shop 1300 100 729

Dudemaster
DudemasterCentral Queensland, QLD

Good product and it is everywhere. But the App is terrible

I used to love Afterpay and used it quite a bit but the app on my phone just won't load the code. All they ever do at customer service is to tell me to delete and reinstall. I had to load it onto my ipad to take that instore to buy - which was a bit annoying. It did help me stop doing impulse buys so a win for me and loss for them.
It was easy to use and I spent a lot with them...but I have stopped using as the app just keeps me locked out. So many other options now.

Google User
Google UserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish more than 4 times payment option

I never have issue with Afterpay. When I faced a rude merchant, Afterpay customer service was really nice and helpful. I wish they give more than 4 times payment option though.

Payment

Use need to let us buy the item theb 2 weeks after we place order then pay first payment because some people don't allways have money wehe they won't somthink

Stephanie
Stephanie

Convenient but offers little buyer protection

Afterpay is a great, convenient service for consumers however they do not seem to check that businesses offering afterpay are reputable. This is a huge negative compared to other financial services as afterpay offer very little buyer protection in the event items are missing or faulty. I have recently dealt with a business that failed to fulfil an order however afterpay are not proactive for the consumer in securing either a refund or replacement. Compare this to PayPal or a credit cards where disputes are very easy to file and are well managed by these services. For this reason I will no longer use afterpay.

Application Process