AGL Energy

Listing monitored by AGL Australia

66 questions from our users

Arn
Arnasked

Not accurate actual meter reading and no explanation of account adjustments.

I'm having problem about my billing for this month May2022, Because Its doesn't look right that's why I phoned AGL resolution team to explain they said they will come back to me soon., I watched my electric meter and recorded monthly because I would like to know how much I earn and save having solar panel. I get information from customer service about monthly billing, etc. since i got agl apps I can easily monitor my used KWH or General usage every month. I also advised from agl that need to input my meter reading every month both (REG-1 and REG-2) Solar credit and KWH used(General usage) using agl apps. According to the agl staff every month they estimate both general usage and solar credit and in every quarterly then physical actual read the meter. 19th April was the actual reading and I was surprise and annoyed at the same time because Reg-1 is lower that the actual reading and reg-2 is higher reading to the actual reading bills that come to me I also expecting credit/money more than a couple hundreds that my solar harvested in the month of Jan thru April 2022. as my calculation but suddenly they announce on my bill that there is account adjustment and turns only twenty one dollars credit. Can you please investigate this matter. Thank you.

David P.AGL AustraliaSend a private message
Ella Gokhmarkasked

Due to a transposed meter issue I had lost electricity for most part of the day last month and then had to contact AGL on a number of occasions to resolve both the cross-metering problem as well as the billing of the wrong meter going back to when we first connected our property to AGL. I have been directed by AGL to first call United Energy to find out who the correct retailer for the meter in question is, then contact the said retailer and set up a "temporary" account with them, so that pass it back to AGL. At the same time I was promised that the money I paid to AGL for the wrong meter/usage would be credited back to me, which as of now has not occurred. I was also asked to send through proof of payment of all my bills (although I was on direct debit arrangement with AGL) as well as proof of account ownership (all this was sent almost a week ago but generated no action so far).
At the moment, after multiple calls with AGL and Alinta, I got a "welcome back" letter from AGL advising I am now offered a standard retail contract (after 25 years with AGL) and a request to call them in order to make changes, i.e. select a different plan, etc. I made three attempts to call today and was not able to get past identity verification stage on the phone, when I enter my account number (tried both old and new accounts), after which the line went silent on all three occasions.
I am now at a stage when I need an AGL representative to call me back on 0404 002 356 asap and take some steps to resolve my issues:
1. Resolve overpaid bills due to cross-metering issue from the time we moved in (March 2020) - I have a reference number from when I spoke to AGL on a number of occasions on the matter
2. Change current plan from standard retail contract to a plan of my choice
I believe that it is not my fault this has occurred and therefore I should not be punished by having to sort all this out myself. I expect AGL to take a more active position now, after I have done a lot more that I should have and wasted a lot of extra time, unnecessarily, and resolve this for me to my satisfaction.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Search for energy ombudsman and you can log your complaint with them and they will see it through. Furthermore agl will get a hefty fine for those mistakes. Only way to punish them for their misdoings

Hi Puneet,
Good to know that you are investigating - in fact, you have been investigating since 10 January 2022. How much longer do you think the investigation will take? I hope to hear back within days from now, that will be much appreciated.

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

Roberto R.
Roberto R.asked

i just got bad experience with AGL , i just move to a house with my wife, first 3 moths bill come $122.00 , next follow months come $267 and next one $295. I complain and they reduce about $100 each but the problem is a headache call and wait , and take time to fix problem and explain , customer service not good at all the hand you up and when you call back have to wait and explain the problem again and again, i am not happy and i will move to other company for sure.

dna96
dna96asked

I was getting a credit of about $250 a quarter last year, so about $1000 a year, until they changed the bill cycle to monthly. I then started getting bills on average of $20 per month, so over a year that’s $240. So somehow I’ve gone from $1000 in credit per year to $240 in debit with no explanation. My plan hasn’t changed and nothing has changed in my home.
After talking to a representative who told me it’s all the same and made me out to be stupid, I then spoke to another lady who gave me no explanation as to why I’m out of pocket about $1240 per year? Everything seemed the same as last year, apart from me getting a credit, I’m now getting a bill.

Brad T.
Brad T.

I wouldn’t even know where to begin except I would change companies.

FTS CLARKY
FTS CLARKYasked

How often do you send out modems that have been used by others? Had to reset the one you sent me because I couldn't log into through the router page with the login details on the back. Also could be something wrong with the modem, I don't get any lag spikes but still occasionally disconnect for 3-5 seconds, maybe twice or three times an hour

Cute A.
Cute A.asked

Could you please notify me with the off-peak hours of AGL Electricity in NSW.

Jimmy T.
Jimmy T.

Should be explain CIS on the plan on AGL. Or msg AGL via there website chat

11pm to 2am

tedfthis
tedfthisasked

AGL just took over Click Energy, will I still be able to pay my account with BillPay?

Trevor
Trevor

No idea. However I suggest you look for an alternate supplier.

John Fanning
John Fanningasked

Is it true that scammers intercept the bills, phone calls and payments between the customer and the real AGL. Put up the pricing and pocket the difference. People should be aware that bit.ly is a shortened URL and is a redirect to a scammers webpage. Look out. I'm onto you..

William B.
William B.asked

After months of arguments over our mysteriously (and unlawful) disappearing solar feed in tariff, legal threats, direct instructions and also legal warnings from Engergex and endlessly yelling and screaming into the phone, they reinstated our tariff. No idea why these idiots removed it and no explanations given. This company is an embarrassment and efforts must be made to deregister this obscenely awful organisation. You better believe the fact that they are disastrous to be associated with. Unreal..

Connie19
Connie19

Hi Wayne I read your post we are in exactly the same position can you please let us know how do you dealt with the situation and HR rebel

wayne m.
wayne m.asked

I looked up ownership of AGL and it said they were Australian owned.as a loyal customer of AGL I have been with them for 15 years.Being in credit I asked for a refund as my wife and I were made redundant due corona virus..The grief they put us through was unbelievable we have since moved to Origin Energy for a company that is Australian owned is a disgraceful behaviour don’t recommend any one dealing with AGL

kathy

Its your money they can not hold onto it,you need to call fair trading you have your legal rights,im so sorry to hear of the stress you were put through hopefully things will work out for you both once this cov-19 settles

Marg
Marg

Is AGL an Australian owned company?
AGL was established in 1837 and currently has over 1.9 million residential customers - it is a publicly owned entity, which means it is PARTIALLY Australian owned.15 Apr 2021

Peter Donnellan
Peter Donnellanasked

Question regarding AGL controlled load time or clock?
I know the AGL controlled load is available between 1am and 6am, but how do I check the hours my meter is set to be on for during the controlled load to run a storage hot water service.
Looking at my AGL bill it appears to be on for only 2 hours, from 1am to 3am.
The meter is an Atlas Mk7A.
Occasionally we run out of hot water, I know I can press the green boost button.

Chris Bennettasked

Why don't AGL care about their customer service record. Are they arrogant enough to think that, as a previous default supplier, they don't need to retain customers?

Rcon Homes
Rcon Homes

They don't care much. Whenever you call them, feels like talking to a robot. Not helping at all.

kathy

Oh this dosent sound good i was told that this company was good i just joined

Phil S.
Phil S.

you can never get them on the phone they never show you a proper bill layout so you can understand there bills Thinking its time for a change

WayneSasked

I've been with AGL for three weeks after being with Powershop for the past 17 months. I have been told by an AGL representative that I would be much better off. I logged into my AGL account yesterday and found a major discrepency, where I'm apparently using a 1/3 more power and making less than half the solar than I was with my previous supplier. According to the AGL website, i'm using the most power at 12am when I'm asleep. (our hot water system is gas, so no its not electric hot water using power). The usage slowly decreases until about 4am when it stabilises. Anyway, when I questioned an AGL representative about this. I was given every reason as to how it must be a problem with devices on standby + fridge, etc. I told the AGL rep, this only started happening when we changed to them as a supplier and I can provide the past 17mnths of records from Powershop to show when we use most power. Midnight to dawn is when we use the least. Anyway, I been told it's probably an issue with the smart meter so they are sending someone out in the next 10 days to check it. I strongly doubt anything I've been told and really think it's an AGL issue, which may take some time to remedy.
I have all the proof to hold AGL to account for overcharging if this is not fix in a timely manner.

Chris Bennett

AGL billing is a joke. As an energy assessor I saw a number of incorrect accounts billed by AGL. Approach the ombudsmen, and find another provider.

Lam
Lamasked

I am with AGL for many years. Recently because of COV-19 I am out of job. My family have the health care card . My wife is the primary card holder. I and my children names on the card. My wife wants to change her name on AGL bills as I am name on AGL bills now. I can’t have discounts because my wife a primary HCC holder. AGL informs that They will charge disconnected and connect . My wife has to sign up a new account. Is that right? We are family, swap up the name will cost money. We intended to change provider. Anyone give me advice?

Chris Bennett

Just find a better provider and name your wife as primary account holder. AGL have no interest in retaining customers.

tarek e
tarek easked

I’ve been with AGL for years, and it’s gradually got worse and worse. The way I’ve been spoken to by AGL staff is bad They really don’t care about their customers. unhelpful and i am going to look for another company today never agl again

Tony M
Tony M
Lord12
Lord12

Get away from them. Fast...

Susan H.
Susan H.asked

All big companies seem to be constantly making changes, throwing a spanner in the works ,I waste so much time rectifying the messes they make it is sickening,is there some reason for this

Robinsons
Robinsons

The reason given was that our contract had expired. In the current situation, would have been more considerate to us if they had extended the existing contract.

Karen O.
Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy
Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Barryasked

Hi,
If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product?
Assume I'm on Essentials Plus.
Thanks,

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Thanks Jayden.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives

Other Energy Providers

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now