AGL Energy

AGL Energy (page 2 of 10)

Listing monitored by AGL Australia

• Rates and Fees

PhilipSydney, NSW

Very disappointed with customer service

Philip

Forget it pal. I will send the email but doubt you will do anything except try to blame someone else.

Annieo
AnnieoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overcharged every month and have to spend hours getting bill corrected

Tom
TomPerth, WA

Worst company ever

Signed up for gas and 2 and a half months later they still hadn't activated the account and I received a letter from the gas company who serviced the former owner saying that they were going to bill me as I didn't have an account with any gas provider also there internet services were terrible they were happy to charge me for an internet plan where they couldn't supply the speeds for the plan I no longer deal with AGL and life is good now

Rates and Fees
AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Customer service? What customer service?

The billing is all over the place, I was issued bills for the quarter for both gas and electricity, nearly a month after the quarter ended. Althiugh quite late, not really a problem, until I was reissued the bills later the same day with the extra time frame they took to send the bill added on. So now my quarter bill is for almost 4 months, not 3 as a standard quarter. Try getting customer service to understand and amend the problem, forget about it. Customer service is non existent, online chats, phone calls, emailed complaints department, nothing has happened. This company doesn't give a rats a#$ about their customers, just the money.

Philip B.
Philip B.South Australia

Was a satisfied customer for 12 years until Smart Meter installed

Was a satisfied customer for about 12 years until AGL installed a Smart Meter on the 2nd of December last year. It does not communicate with AGL very well, on the bill it says I produced 450 KWh when it was 903 KWh of Solar, and used 175 KWh when it was 489 KWh. I have rang them twice they say that I do not know how to read a smart meter. Since the new meter was installed I have recorded the readings every day. I have had Solar for 12 years so I know how much my Solar producers by now. Very disappointed

senrab n.
senrab n.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gross incompetence

AGL, have shown nothing but incompetence the whole time I've been with them, first they set up our internet at the wrong address, and it took getting in contact with NBN to even find out, and after explaining the situation to them they still didn't fix it until I eventually got to a supervisor.

Now that we have internet it's quite common for it to drop out in the evening, and it's impossible to contact support since agls' internet support only runs until 8pm, so I cannot get help by phone or online from them.

AGL needs to increase the reliabilty of their service and invest in a 24 hour support line

Martin TurnerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A bill that is correct a rarity with AGL

My latest bill is a complete donkeys breakfast. Ive been billed for 16kWh of power from a controlled load meter that hasn't had anything attached to it for 2 years. Power used from the grid via the normal meter is listed on the bill..but in the charges and fees section of the bill nothing charged for the power Ive used via the normal meter. Reported the issues last thursday and got told it would be sorted by today (4 days). Now I'm being told it will take 1-2 weeks to fix the issues and that "we'' be in touch". Seems to me that someone simply stuffed up reprogramming of the meters at last rate change.

Martin Turner

Information emailed to Puneet on 1/3/2022 as requested. Lets see how we go.

Martin Turner

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
brenton_ta23
brenton_ta23Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent supplier. Therefore not the cheapest

They have and app and a widget to monitor your usage and bill. Great! Huge balls-up with connection but not entirely their fault, mostly the builder Rivergum...
They notified me well in advance of my plan ending. Good comms. the occasional email offer. Can swap between monthly or quarterly billing. No complaints from me.
Plans aren't the cheapest but if you are happy to pay slightly more to have flexibilty and reliability then AGL is for you. I'll still probably switch once this plan ends though. I can save $300 a year, so I will.

Hi Brenton,
Thank you for the feedback that's great to hear! Please don't ever hesitate to get back in touch for any assistance.
Thanks,
Puneet

Poor customer service

Don’t waste your time and money with these guys!!
We have been with AGL gas and electricity for 30 years. I rang to find out what plans they have on offer as I wanted to compare rates. As the bill wasn’t in my name they refuse to discuss with me their rates until I provide them my date of birth. When I refuse to give such confidential details for making a general enquiry, she simply said she can’t help me. Thanks AGL for giving me a reason to switch providers.

Puddy
Puddy

My name is not Ray! Seriously people why would you go with a provider who don’t even pay attention to details.

Find out how AGL Energy compares to other Energy Providers

Pushy contact centre staff, Bad bill estimates

ServicesGas

Start now

Absolute joke of a company

Have been with Agl for a few years now and overcharged so many times. Recently had a smart meter installed after solar was installed and now there is a lock and they cannot show my usage or issue a bill. The reply I get is it will be a considerable amount of time to wait.
What’s the point dealing with this company when I am forever chasing them up.
Time to change providers I believe.

Alyssa
Alyssa

Moving house, failed credit score eventhough paying on time for 3 years

Hoang

my name is not even Brian lol

AGL Made A Big mistake

Got home from work today and my power was off I live in a house that’s been built as 2 x units got a notice that said unit 2/12 has been disconnected my units unit 1/12 called agl up and they blamed the hole thing on me saying it was my fault that the meter number was mixed up thanks agl I’m now sitting in the dark with my wife and two boys all my food is going off in my fridge thanks agl …………………………

Jon
Jon

OWED THOUSANDS, REFUSE TO FIX THEIR ISSUES

Bhupinder
BhupinderSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

At the time of connection I was told that I will get concession on both gas and electricity bill. After my first gas bill I was told that concession doesn’t apply to gas bill as I reside in Queensland. All they could say that their staff provided the wrong information. Also, the connection was on my son’s name before I switched it to mine for the same property. He was getting 6 cents of solar Tarif and got $231 towards credit in three months. Now I have it at 12 cents. Guess what, we are in the middle of summer and I have only got about $192. 3 months are about to be complete. Wonder what’s going on there. I will definitely be switching soon. Stay away from AGL people. They don’t stick to their words.

Late, Late & Late

01/02/22 - 1:21pm, 35 Degrees Celsius.
Moved home, need them to turn on power.
They said 8am - 12pm. It is now 1pm and we are suffering this heatwave due to their horrible standards.

Dr Gay
Dr GayIllawarra, NSW

Stay Away From AGL

Terrible customer service- 80 years old on a pension. Spend countless hours on the phone to no avail. AGL charged me Business rates & not Residential Rates. Affected my Government rebate. The issue is still not resolved. Not Happy AGL My recommendation is if you don't want to waste your time and money stay well away from AGL

Sherry
SherrySydney, NSW

Offered $200 gift card to join. But never issued the $200 Gift card. No help customer support, said no record.

Don't trust any of their offer to join like Gift card. I joined up as they offered $200 gift card. Then I was told to wait 3 months. When followed up they say no record of our account. Account name and no were given to them. Then no more reply from them. Scam

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-TwiceAU

Better than Click Energy

I had my electricity with Click Energy after them being recommended by One Big Switch.

They were bought by AGL, and a year ago my account was switched (pun intended) to AGL.

AGL have an Australian based call centre, and are helpful sorting out paperwork issues.

Click insisted on monthly instalments with a catchup in the 3rd month. AGL are happy to wait for one payment at the end of the quarter. Their rates are excellent (for me) and I can only recommend them highly

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi there! That's great to hear it was a smooth transition for you! Please don't hesitate to get in touch for any assistance.
Kind regards, Puneet.

iamagirl1969South Australia

AGL has my home phone number, linked to another person's Electricity account (I am not an AGL customer)

iamagirl1969

I am not an AGL customer puneet, so how can I send you my account details??? What part of my email, did you not understand?

Horrible service very rude

Rude staff not willing to help and ridiculous policies do not go through agl horrible horrible.

Ariell
AriellPerth, WA

Disconnection a nightmare

My builder signed me up with AGL when I built the house and it was a relatively straightforward process. However, trying to disconnect took me days. The phone number cuts out all the time and so does the chat. I have limited availability to sit on these things for long periods. At the end, I get guy on the chat who tells me off for taking too long and hangs up. I am now paying for someone else's gas use.

Jay and Tazz
Jay and TazzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disgusting behaviour

Claire
Claire

Expensive, Cannot disconnect online

There is no online option of disconnecting the service. Had to do the online chat support and took me 2 hours in total. Such a waste of my time, this process should be 2 minute.
The agent responds so slowly and asks so many redundant questions. He tried to ‘retain’ me when I said agl is too expensive but then pointed me to the website and said that’s the best rate. Also it takes 3 business days to disconnect my energy which is 5 days including weekends, how is this acceptable?
If you go to Victoria energy compare, there are so many cheaper energy providers and I truely don’t understand why agl exist, extremely expensive rated and very poor service, what’s the premium for?

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now