AGL Energy

• Rates and Fees

Harli
Harli

Lack online support

They have only virtual chat which doesn't help at all to solve customer issues. The app still showing my previous bill eventhough we have already paid the bill. Need to fix that app.

ServicesElectricity

AGL applied Utilities relief grant (which are eligible) on behalf of us and never heard from them since.

Matt
MattGoulburn Valley, VIC

They like to rip customers off !

Had been with agl for a while , they bully you in to signing up for phone and internet , that is crap . Then charge you $ 140.00 to cancel contract , for a service l didn't want . Just changed to RED ENERGY ,for my Gas and Electricity, with no contracts , late fees , and paper bill payment .
I advise not to use AGL , they are CROOKS.

MBD
MBDVictoria

Worst company!

Gas accoubt signed up by a third party (builder) via a form which states no where that they can do this, just that they can contact us to discuss setting one up. Asked them to cancel the contract in 7 different occasions and they refused each time. Now with ombudsmen.

Cardless
CardlessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moved house & AGL give us two estimate invoices and NOT a FINAL reading

We advised AGL that we were moving house so they give us TWO Estimate invoices instead of a Final one. In the meantime the owner is renovating this property, probably at our cost! They redyed their carpet, spray painted the back & side fences, installed ducted air conditioning & put in a sky light. Our FINAL meter reading is done by AGL 2 weeks after we had moved out. Not happy!!!!!

KylieSydney, NSW

The most disgraceful customer service

After having to put my mothers electricity bill in my name since she past away last year and waiting for the estate to settle, i am absolutley astounded at the disgraceful, heartless service of AGL.
This electricity ill was two weeks late in being paid. I received three phone calls at work today. They would not give me the option of calling back later - clearly they don't like to be disturbed. No one needs to recieve three phone calls in one day about a bill that is over due by twoo weeks - why not just send a reminder?

Also, there is no explanation as to why this bill is nearly $100 more when nobody has been at the house since the last bill. Price gouging, heartless organisation.

kylie G

sayitlikeitis
sayitlikeitisPerth, WA

Completely useless avoid at all costs

Organised for house move via the agl system. Been in my new house for 3mths still receiving bills from the old property. Called three times. Complained twice. They changed the account dates and sent out a bigger bill. Dodgy!

Jenna C.AGL AustraliaSend a private message

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Inconsistent advice, frustrating and time wasting "service".

paid fee

KathrynSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Brent Andrew
Brent AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

No contact

Horrible experience!

Absolutely horrible experience!
After receiving few bills for the same period of time I spoke with AGL & my direct debit was canceled. Apparently “ resolution team” supported to contact with me - they never did!
Finally I called them again - they told me that I don’t have to worry about it ( thanks!) but they changed my monthly payments to quarterly ( without my knowledge & approval). I disagree as I prefer to pay monthly & after receiving 3 bills for the same period of time I don’t trust them enough to now wait for new 3 bills for 3 months period! I’ve been told that I have to wait till 17 of May ( & I’m already waiting from 9th of March).

Absolutely horrible experience & customer service from AGL team!

ServicesElectricity

Cat
Cat

Worst Energy Provider Stay Away!

Worst energy provider. They have sent me 5 bills in 2 weeks!!! You guys need to get your sh** together. I advise to stay away from this energy provider. Good riddance.

Dr. Truth
Dr. Truth

AGL - Awful, Ghastly, Lowsy

I have changed electricity supplier due to repeated inaccurate, undelivered and late invoices, poor communication and support. Certainly, more value can be achieved elsewhere too. Don't get me started on their NBN network. Makes their energy supply look gold standard. Pity there isn't a 0 star rating.

Lucas
LucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful company

I switched from quarterly bills to monthly to keep on-top of them more easily and was charged the same amount for 1 month as I was for 3. So after paying a ridiculous bill for 2 months in a row I switched back to quarterly and still paid the same amount. Went from $160 quarterly to $160 monthly. Thank god I'm not with them anymore. Customer service just said it was correct and didn't look into the issue anymore. Ridiculous

Arn
Arnasked

Not accurate actual meter reading and no explanation of account adjustments.

I'm having problem about my billing for this month May2022, Because Its doesn't look right that's why I phoned AGL resolution team to explain they said they will come back to me soon., I watched my electric meter and recorded monthly because I would like to know how much I earn and save having solar panel. I get information from customer service about monthly billing, etc. since i got agl apps I can easily monitor my used KWH or General usage every month. I also advised from agl that need to input my meter reading every month both (REG-1 and REG-2) Solar credit and KWH used(General usage) using agl apps. According to the agl staff every month they estimate both general usage and solar credit and in every quarterly then physical actual read the meter. 19th April was the actual reading and I was surprise and annoyed at the same time because Reg-1 is lower that the actual reading and reg-2 is higher reading to the actual reading bills that come to me I also expecting credit/money more than a couple hundreds that my solar harvested in the month of Jan thru April 2022. as my calculation but suddenly they announce on my bill that there is account adjustment and turns only twenty one dollars credit. Can you please investigate this matter. Thank you.

Ella Gokhmarkasked

Due to a transposed meter issue I had lost electricity for most part of the day last month and then had to contact AGL on a number of occasions to resolve both the cross-metering problem as well as the billing of the wrong meter going back to when we first connected our property to AGL. I have been directed by AGL to first call United Energy to find out who the correct retailer for the meter in question is, then contact the said retailer and set up a "temporary" account with them, so that pass it back to AGL. At the same time I was promised that the money I paid to AGL for the wrong meter/usage would be credited back to me, which as of now has not occurred. I was also asked to send through proof of payment of all my bills (although I was on direct debit arrangement with AGL) as well as proof of account ownership (all this was sent almost a week ago but generated no action so far).
At the moment, after multiple calls with AGL and Alinta, I got a "welcome back" letter from AGL advising I am now offered a standard retail contract (after 25 years with AGL) and a request to call them in order to make changes, i.e. select a different plan, etc. I made three attempts to call today and was not able to get past identity verification stage on the phone, when I enter my account number (tried both old and new accounts), after which the line went silent on all three occasions.
I am now at a stage when I need an AGL representative to call me back on 0404 002 356 asap and take some steps to resolve my issues:
1. Resolve overpaid bills due to cross-metering issue from the time we moved in (March 2020) - I have a reference number from when I spoke to AGL on a number of occasions on the matter
2. Change current plan from standard retail contract to a plan of my choice
I believe that it is not my fault this has occurred and therefore I should not be punished by having to sort all this out myself. I expect AGL to take a more active position now, after I have done a lot more that I should have and wasted a lot of extra time, unnecessarily, and resolve this for me to my satisfaction.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Search for energy ombudsman and you can log your complaint with them and they will see it through. Furthermore agl will get a hefty fine for those mistakes. Only way to punish them for their misdoings

Hi Puneet,
Good to know that you are investigating - in fact, you have been investigating since 10 January 2022. How much longer do you think the investigation will take? I hope to hear back within days from now, that will be much appreciated.

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity and Gas

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now