AGL Energy

Listing monitored by AGL Australia

• Rates and Fees

JJ
JJHunter Region, NSW

Customer contact system is a disgrace

Never had a problem with AGL electricity and gas, but trying to contact them is a nightmare. Unable to discontinue a service without contacting them. Call wait times are disgraceful, no call back system and the chat service is a joke with long wait times and no notification when a response is finally written.
Credit refund also requires you to contact them after being sent to their app without any link to contact them. And of course nobody reads the case notes so you need to keep writing them with each agent.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Harry
HarrySydney, NSW

Okay rates but very Poor Customer Service

warybuyerSouth East Queensland, QLD

They don't want us!

AGL appear to have the best solar FIT rate available in Qld at 12c per kWh. BUT because we have 10,075W of panels on our roof, we exceed the 10kW limit, even tho we have only a 8.2kW inverter. The extra panels we have cater for the sun at different times of the day and it works very well. Why this arrangement disqualifies us is beyond me. I know of no other companies that count panels. All seem to count the inverter size only, which makes sense. Why, AGL?

Shivrani C.
Shivrani C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overdue charges

I am with Agl from last 5 years. Due to pendemic I had to pay my bills in split of 4 weeks. They agreed and took the payment.

In the next bill they charged me overdue charges without even informing.

Covid19 has been very stressful for small businesses like us , but for them it was a chance to make more money.

Since then I am thinking to change.

Enid Y.
Enid Y.Sydney, NSW

would look for an alternative provider next time

We moved house in September 2021 and when the final gas bill was received it was much higher than expected. AGL included a $12 charge for 'meter read' but it clearly stated on the invoice that they only estimated the usage. So I had to send a photo of the actual meter figures and then request a refund of their 'read' charge which effectively halved the amount due. For the unwary, this is gouging and opportunism at its best.

Xy guy
Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Major communication problems

AGl ?

I originally was with Click energy for years and was happy with their service they were taken over by AGl. I have a 5 kw solar panels installed. I live on my own am away quite a bit. With Click I was very seldom ever in debited. They always checked the Meter. I notice AGL is billing by estimates and requesting me to provide Meter details ( I don't live in suburbia) I'm seriously considering another provider as my credit is being witteled away with each account even though my usage has not increased substantially.
I may be wrong but I'm getting the impression they are more focussed on shareholder returns than customer service. I'm looking for another provider.

ServicesElectricity

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Excruciated
ExcruciatedCentral, SA

Long wait for Indian CC to answer then transfer to Melbourne AGL when you know that's who you need to talk to anyway.

Bhuwan
Bhuwan

Agl Telecommunications

Den
DenSydney

Their retention department is doing them big disservice

They need to dial down their retention efforts. I had AGL electricity accounts a few times over the years and it was always uneventful which is a good thing and that's the reason for the second star. But this time when I decided to switch from them they peeved me off big time. Dragged this over a few days, 1 rep hanged up on me, then I had to hang up on another idiot who just didn't wanna listen what I was saying and kept pushing his retention speech. Ended up writing a complaint to get things moving.

AGL doesn't seem to understand that it's easy to damage a reputation, yet almost impossible to restore.

Deniz U
Deniz UMelbourne

Another unhappy Click Energy customer switchover

AGL bought out Click Energy and my accounts were moved over. First AGL bills were up by 50%, switched power to Amber Electric, now need to move my gas bills

ozzie.scientist
ozzie.scientistHunter Region, NSW

AGL Internet

We decided to try AGL Internet because of their discount if you had an energy account with AGL. The provision of service was good but not documented/communicated well. Phone support to help get set up was good, however the internet (supplied by Southern phone,check their reviews) quality was poor, frequent pauses and delays causing much frustration. The internet speed was good but we couldn't cope with the interruptions. We changed to a different and much better provider within a couple of days.

ServicesGas

Coldwater
ColdwaterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AGL late payment SMS

Daniela
DanielaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

How many years in advance do I have to plan my internet connection to have it working?

I have contacted AGL on the 16th of February to have my internet going on the 5th of March. Despite having all the time they needed, they waited until the 2nd of March to send the modem out. Their estimated time of delivery is 7 to 10 days, plus any corona-delay there may be. Then why wait until 3 days before my requested date?????
Moreover, after receiving the modem on the 9th of March, I called them to have the internet installed, and guess what.. it takes another 24 to 48 hours to get the internet connected..and guess another thing... 2 days after there is still no connection.
Thanks to this absolutely unnecessary waste of time, we are falling behind with our studies. I don't think we'll be staying with AGL for long.

Vtom
Vtom

Pricey

High end prices. They send you the break up of charges which to a layman is poof. No benefits for long term customers also. Solar feed in is also less.

Arn
Arnasked

Not accurate actual meter reading and no explanation of account adjustments.

I'm having problem about my billing for this month May2022, Because Its doesn't look right that's why I phoned AGL resolution team to explain they said they will come back to me soon., I watched my electric meter and recorded monthly because I would like to know how much I earn and save having solar panel. I get information from customer service about monthly billing, etc. since i got agl apps I can easily monitor my used KWH or General usage every month. I also advised from agl that need to input my meter reading every month both (REG-1 and REG-2) Solar credit and KWH used(General usage) using agl apps. According to the agl staff every month they estimate both general usage and solar credit and in every quarterly then physical actual read the meter. 19th April was the actual reading and I was surprise and annoyed at the same time because Reg-1 is lower that the actual reading and reg-2 is higher reading to the actual reading bills that come to me I also expecting credit/money more than a couple hundreds that my solar harvested in the month of Jan thru April 2022. as my calculation but suddenly they announce on my bill that there is account adjustment and turns only twenty one dollars credit. Can you please investigate this matter. Thank you.

David P.AGL AustraliaSend a private message
Ella Gokhmarkasked

Due to a transposed meter issue I had lost electricity for most part of the day last month and then had to contact AGL on a number of occasions to resolve both the cross-metering problem as well as the billing of the wrong meter going back to when we first connected our property to AGL. I have been directed by AGL to first call United Energy to find out who the correct retailer for the meter in question is, then contact the said retailer and set up a "temporary" account with them, so that pass it back to AGL. At the same time I was promised that the money I paid to AGL for the wrong meter/usage would be credited back to me, which as of now has not occurred. I was also asked to send through proof of payment of all my bills (although I was on direct debit arrangement with AGL) as well as proof of account ownership (all this was sent almost a week ago but generated no action so far).
At the moment, after multiple calls with AGL and Alinta, I got a "welcome back" letter from AGL advising I am now offered a standard retail contract (after 25 years with AGL) and a request to call them in order to make changes, i.e. select a different plan, etc. I made three attempts to call today and was not able to get past identity verification stage on the phone, when I enter my account number (tried both old and new accounts), after which the line went silent on all three occasions.
I am now at a stage when I need an AGL representative to call me back on 0404 002 356 asap and take some steps to resolve my issues:
1. Resolve overpaid bills due to cross-metering issue from the time we moved in (March 2020) - I have a reference number from when I spoke to AGL on a number of occasions on the matter
2. Change current plan from standard retail contract to a plan of my choice
I believe that it is not my fault this has occurred and therefore I should not be punished by having to sort all this out myself. I expect AGL to take a more active position now, after I have done a lot more that I should have and wasted a lot of extra time, unnecessarily, and resolve this for me to my satisfaction.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Search for energy ombudsman and you can log your complaint with them and they will see it through. Furthermore agl will get a hefty fine for those mistakes. Only way to punish them for their misdoings

Hi Puneet,
Good to know that you are investigating - in fact, you have been investigating since 10 January 2022. How much longer do you think the investigation will take? I hope to hear back within days from now, that will be much appreciated.

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity and Gas

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now