AGL Energy

• Rates and Fees
Blake
BlakeSydney

Shop around.

Was originally signed up for electricity and gas through my real-estate agent when I was moving in to a rental property, everything was done on time and thought I was in a good place being on a fixed rate. Got first bill and thought that it seemed expensive, checked rates of other providers and found I could save 25% switching. No problem with the company but they do seem to be one of the most expensive.

James D.
James D.South East Queensland, QLD

Check your bill carefully

In the first two months we found our power bill was twice as much as previous provider (click energy). I noticed a second meter had been added to my bill (not mine). I called and it was fixed in about a week. Still, I'm disappointed agl didn't notice this themselves or compensate me for their error.

ServicesElectricity
Lupe M.
Lupe M.Sydney, NSW

I only came here to see if I should stay or leave

So I've had friends tell me to switch electricity companies because I'm getting charged too much... And I came here for moral support but I guess everyone is complaining so to save myself trouble in the future I'm moving to this mystery electricity company that my friends have been begging me to move to because it's so cheap AND I read a review that their concession card was removed deliberately and honestly I find that they ask me The same question if I have concession to get the discount every time but I thought you only need to tell them once and then it's set in the form but I guess you have to tell them all the time because I've told them three times already what my concession number is

ServicesElectricity and Gas
HowItReallyIs
HowItReallyIsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Check out deals with comparison sites first :)

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi HowItReallyIs, thank you for your feedback! You make some very valid points here so we'll be sure to pass on your comments. Cheers, Jayden.

Legrope
LegropeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gas provider

Not too bad - good billing system and provides insights on your account and usage.
Was good enough to say another provider offered better electricity rates.
Was happy enough to connect again on a new apartment

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Legrope, thank you for you feedback! It's great to hear that your experiences with AGL thus far have been positive. Cheers, Jayden.

Kat
Kat

Nice doesn’t get resolution

ServicesGas

Rita
RitaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Had solar installation on 19th April this year. A 5kw system and 21panels. Bill due at end if May. R

Solar panels. Had to wait 6 months for bill, then got two within a week totalling 2900 on the eve of my heart operation. Needless to say it's taking almost 4 months to pay. Issue was that I rang at least 4 times looking for that first bill, only to be told it wasn't there.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Rita, thank you for your feedback. It's easy to see what a difficult position this incident would have left you in and we'd like to apologise for this. I'll be sure to pass on your comments. Kind regards, Jayden.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Shocking money stealing grubs

Agl kept sending my paper Bill's to old house when clearly we moved and then didnt even email any Bill's to nominated email address then hit us with 3 Bill's at once.. not the first time they have done it to customers.. ACA will be notified of not fixed

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Don't talk to overseas call centres !!!

Ok, I have found from experience ( last eight years or so ) one does NOT speak to AGL's overseas call center if one want any positive action at all. The only way to get any satisfaction is to speak DIRECTLY with either the AGL Sydney or Melbourne office. I have had many dealings with AGL over this time and I found once one gets the Energy and Water Ombudsman involved you get action. I would suggest one exhausts all avenues prior to this action however if one is honest and open with your complaint the Ombudsman will act on one's behalf and AGL DO take notice !!!

Agl app

The recently introduced agl app is a step backwards. It does not enable hourly use data only daily use data. It is the hourly use data that is valuable and allows you to understand usage pattens. Please give us back the old app or change the new one agl.

Terry
Terry

Well that's a good response Thankyou for letting me know that it is in fact coming.

micholas
micholasmelbourne

Expensive but great customer service

I've been with AGL for 2 years. During that time I've noticed they have gotten more expensive each billing cycle. I recently received a $600 bill and I live alone and don't understand how i could have used that much power. However AGL have been great when it comes to paying off the bill. I've had a bit of financial hardship this year, and their representatives have been very understanding and reasonable. They also don't make harassing or threatening daily phone calls to follow up overdue amounts. So yes, they are very expensive, but their customer service has been amazing.

Brooke
BrookeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Our bills are more expensive after getting solar.

I need to shopping and doing camparison.
We have solar and our bill are $500 dearer.
Time to research.

Keep your gas

I am a happy customer with AGL. In saying that, if they call me one more time trying to up-sell me a gas connection, I'm out. Third time today and second day in a row. Leave me alone to enjoy my energy in peace.

Cass.B
Cass.BBallarat

Not too bad.

They were pricy, but not the worst out there. The longer your with them the bills get higher and higher and then they 'explain' your % off deal has expired. Very determined to keep their customers.

tjDandenong Ranges

ethics worse than the banks

Arn
Arnasked

Not accurate actual meter reading and no explanation of account adjustments.

I'm having problem about my billing for this month May2022, Because Its doesn't look right that's why I phoned AGL resolution team to explain they said they will come back to me soon., I watched my electric meter and recorded monthly because I would like to know how much I earn and save having solar panel. I get information from customer service about monthly billing, etc. since i got agl apps I can easily monitor my used KWH or General usage every month. I also advised from agl that need to input my meter reading every month both (REG-1 and REG-2) Solar credit and KWH used(General usage) using agl apps. According to the agl staff every month they estimate both general usage and solar credit and in every quarterly then physical actual read the meter. 19th April was the actual reading and I was surprise and annoyed at the same time because Reg-1 is lower that the actual reading and reg-2 is higher reading to the actual reading bills that come to me I also expecting credit/money more than a couple hundreds that my solar harvested in the month of Jan thru April 2022. as my calculation but suddenly they announce on my bill that there is account adjustment and turns only twenty one dollars credit. Can you please investigate this matter. Thank you.

David P.AGL AustraliaSend a private message
Ella Gokhmarkasked

Due to a transposed meter issue I had lost electricity for most part of the day last month and then had to contact AGL on a number of occasions to resolve both the cross-metering problem as well as the billing of the wrong meter going back to when we first connected our property to AGL. I have been directed by AGL to first call United Energy to find out who the correct retailer for the meter in question is, then contact the said retailer and set up a "temporary" account with them, so that pass it back to AGL. At the same time I was promised that the money I paid to AGL for the wrong meter/usage would be credited back to me, which as of now has not occurred. I was also asked to send through proof of payment of all my bills (although I was on direct debit arrangement with AGL) as well as proof of account ownership (all this was sent almost a week ago but generated no action so far).
At the moment, after multiple calls with AGL and Alinta, I got a "welcome back" letter from AGL advising I am now offered a standard retail contract (after 25 years with AGL) and a request to call them in order to make changes, i.e. select a different plan, etc. I made three attempts to call today and was not able to get past identity verification stage on the phone, when I enter my account number (tried both old and new accounts), after which the line went silent on all three occasions.
I am now at a stage when I need an AGL representative to call me back on 0404 002 356 asap and take some steps to resolve my issues:
1. Resolve overpaid bills due to cross-metering issue from the time we moved in (March 2020) - I have a reference number from when I spoke to AGL on a number of occasions on the matter
2. Change current plan from standard retail contract to a plan of my choice
I believe that it is not my fault this has occurred and therefore I should not be punished by having to sort all this out myself. I expect AGL to take a more active position now, after I have done a lot more that I should have and wasted a lot of extra time, unnecessarily, and resolve this for me to my satisfaction.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Search for energy ombudsman and you can log your complaint with them and they will see it through. Furthermore agl will get a hefty fine for those mistakes. Only way to punish them for their misdoings

Hi Puneet,
Good to know that you are investigating - in fact, you have been investigating since 10 January 2022. How much longer do you think the investigation will take? I hope to hear back within days from now, that will be much appreciated.

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity and Gas

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now