AGL Energy

Listing monitored by AGL Australia

• Rates and Fees
brenton_ta23
brenton_ta23Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent supplier. Therefore not the cheapest

They have and app and a widget to monitor your usage and bill. Great! Huge balls-up with connection but not entirely their fault, mostly the builder Rivergum...
They notified me well in advance of my plan ending. Good comms. the occasional email offer. Can swap between monthly or quarterly billing. No complaints from me.
Plans aren't the cheapest but if you are happy to pay slightly more to have flexibilty and reliability then AGL is for you. I'll still probably switch once this plan ends though. I can save $300 a year, so I will.

Hi Brenton,
Thank you for the feedback that's great to hear! Please don't ever hesitate to get back in touch for any assistance.
Thanks,
Puneet

Changing Plan.

I have not had problems with AGL, when I call them on the phone my issue gets attended to after a few minutes, I did get the email saying my plan was going to change and my solar tarrif would drop from 12.4c to 8c so I negotiated with them and we settled on 16c for a 1 year and my kwh is 33 cents, you just have to be more aggressive and demanding, switching companies does not automatically mean you are going to be better off.

AAA
AAASouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service

I have both electricity and gas with AGL. Their billing has been fair and allow me to transfer electricity credit onto my gas account. I have been with them for over 10 years and have been happy with their service. The online chat service Also allows issues to be addressed very quickly and efficiently.

Seamus
SeamusIllawarra, NSW

Really such a lot of poor reviews maybe my experience is a fluke?

SamSam21
SamSam21croydon

Happy with my choice

I’ve had very few issues with Agl, I check every year and update my plan to the beat rate and have been happy with my bill amount.

Sometimes they forget to email me the bill and I don’t find out until it’s overdue and I have to contact them to get the “early” discount amended. I’ve never had a problem amending it but it can be a bit annoying.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi SamSam21, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback! I'm sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your bills, but it's great to hear that our team were able to quickly rectify this. Kind regards, Jayden.

Hayden
HaydenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far so good

I have been with AGL since late Jan. They have been really good and I find their rates to be really competitive. The set up process was easy, the only thing I would suggest as part of the moving in process, they request that the main's switch is off. This only applies if there is currently no connection to the house. But if there is already electricity there, it doesn't need to be off. So the day we moved in, I had to call AGL for them to say, that it was already done. To be clearer on this process would be better. Apart from this we have experience no drop outs.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Hayden, thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed feedback! I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion. We're glad to hear that you're otherwise satisfied as an AGL customer! Cheers, Jayden.

Christine F.
Christine F.South East Queensland, QLD

As far as electricity provider's go, i find them really helpful.

I've had various issues including recent moving, hardship issues, dodgy landlords & I've found 99% time really good service. Maybe its the training in dispute resolution but with one exception staff have been helpful, don't talk down to customers answer promptly. They've given me good advice and haven't been heavy handed.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you for your feedback Christine! It's fantastic to hear that you're happy with the service we provide. Kind regards, Jayden.

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Thomas Family
Thomas FamilyPerth, WA

Great Gas company

We had Agl set up a new connection at our property we built as had used them previously in our rental, they rung me recently to tell me there was a cheaper plan we could go on extremely satisfied great customer service

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback! It's great that hear that you're happy with our service. Kind regards, Jayden.

B.Kelly
B.KellySydney, NSW

Easy to switch to

Switched my Electricity over to AGL with a very easy process. Have found them to be so much cheaper than my previous company. Have also attached my Flybuys so im earning points when I pay my bills.

ServicesElectricity
AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you for your feedback B.Kelly! It's great to see that you're already seeing the value in being an AGL customers. Cheers, Jayden.

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.Hunter Region, NSW

Pretty good!

They have been, giving me good deals on electricity, even though it's not the cheapest, they have good customer support. I moved to new unit and they made the move and connection easy. And they have also brilliant Coles rewards discounts and caltex discounts which makes so much more savings on regular use of money!

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you for this awesome feedback Ashwin! It's great to hear that you're making full use of our range of products and services. Cheers, Jayden.

MmwIllawarra, NSW

provider satisfaction

Been with agl gas and electricity fo 27 years was hoping to stay with them when I moved into my new premises as I was always satisfied with pricing and great customer service but there refusal to give me a pay on time discount which I always did has made me change electricity providers

Rates and Fees
AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you for this great feedback Mmw! We're glad to hear that you're happy with the products and services that we provide. Cheers, Jayden.

Mmw

Why would you comment its quiet obvious I'm not glad with the service since I moved why would I not be given a pay on time discount I was once a satisfied customer

Grace

I had an issue and it has since been resolved

Issue has since been resolved. It took many phone calls however I was finally compensated for a number of mistakes that were made on my account. Thank you AGL. Cheers

Grace

Thanks Jayden. Unfortunately the link didn't work.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Grace, my apologies. Try this: m.me/aglenergy. Kind regards, Jayden.

Steve
Steve

Poor communication

A month ago we has solar installed.
All requests etc were sent and I was told on the phone that all had been done. Apparently it hadn't, as today I checked, and still no adjustment to the meter.

On contacting AGL they let me know that the names didn't match and I should email them or call them.
On choosing to call their number, I pressed 4 "For anything else" as no mention of solar. After 4 "Anything else answers their system hung up on me.

Turns out the issue lay with our solar company, sunboost.

In fairness, the solar team where excellent when they finally stepped in to resolve this, but it was hard to get answers I. The meantime.

ABC67
ABC67Perth, WA

So far so good

Just signed up for gas with AGL in WA, easy to set up online, a good and relevant selection of rewards and a good discount of 40%, although with higher daily fees & charges, to the other guys, so be careful here. Also, which was refreshing they offer a self read service online, unlike Kleenheat & Alinta.
Heard alot of poor feedback about these guys, but given the ordeal I had with Kleenheat, I suspect they cannot be any worse. Fingers Crossed!

Bella
BellaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for accuracy!

Reliable electricity source, zero dropouts since inception (NOV 2018) I have always had pleasant customer service interaction. The ability to submit metre reads via app to ensure correct amounts are being charged. As a bonus, I get flybuys points through Agl too.
Wish I had found them sooner.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Thank you for your kind words Bella! It's absolutely fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the benefits of being an AGL customer. Kind regards, Jayden.

Arn
Arnasked

Not accurate actual meter reading and no explanation of account adjustments.

I'm having problem about my billing for this month May2022, Because Its doesn't look right that's why I phoned AGL resolution team to explain they said they will come back to me soon., I watched my electric meter and recorded monthly because I would like to know how much I earn and save having solar panel. I get information from customer service about monthly billing, etc. since i got agl apps I can easily monitor my used KWH or General usage every month. I also advised from agl that need to input my meter reading every month both (REG-1 and REG-2) Solar credit and KWH used(General usage) using agl apps. According to the agl staff every month they estimate both general usage and solar credit and in every quarterly then physical actual read the meter. 19th April was the actual reading and I was surprise and annoyed at the same time because Reg-1 is lower that the actual reading and reg-2 is higher reading to the actual reading bills that come to me I also expecting credit/money more than a couple hundreds that my solar harvested in the month of Jan thru April 2022. as my calculation but suddenly they announce on my bill that there is account adjustment and turns only twenty one dollars credit. Can you please investigate this matter. Thank you.

David P.AGL AustraliaSend a private message
Ella Gokhmarkasked

Due to a transposed meter issue I had lost electricity for most part of the day last month and then had to contact AGL on a number of occasions to resolve both the cross-metering problem as well as the billing of the wrong meter going back to when we first connected our property to AGL. I have been directed by AGL to first call United Energy to find out who the correct retailer for the meter in question is, then contact the said retailer and set up a "temporary" account with them, so that pass it back to AGL. At the same time I was promised that the money I paid to AGL for the wrong meter/usage would be credited back to me, which as of now has not occurred. I was also asked to send through proof of payment of all my bills (although I was on direct debit arrangement with AGL) as well as proof of account ownership (all this was sent almost a week ago but generated no action so far).
At the moment, after multiple calls with AGL and Alinta, I got a "welcome back" letter from AGL advising I am now offered a standard retail contract (after 25 years with AGL) and a request to call them in order to make changes, i.e. select a different plan, etc. I made three attempts to call today and was not able to get past identity verification stage on the phone, when I enter my account number (tried both old and new accounts), after which the line went silent on all three occasions.
I am now at a stage when I need an AGL representative to call me back on 0404 002 356 asap and take some steps to resolve my issues:
1. Resolve overpaid bills due to cross-metering issue from the time we moved in (March 2020) - I have a reference number from when I spoke to AGL on a number of occasions on the matter
2. Change current plan from standard retail contract to a plan of my choice
I believe that it is not my fault this has occurred and therefore I should not be punished by having to sort all this out myself. I expect AGL to take a more active position now, after I have done a lot more that I should have and wasted a lot of extra time, unnecessarily, and resolve this for me to my satisfaction.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Search for energy ombudsman and you can log your complaint with them and they will see it through. Furthermore agl will get a hefty fine for those mistakes. Only way to punish them for their misdoings

Hi Puneet,
Good to know that you are investigating - in fact, you have been investigating since 10 January 2022. How much longer do you think the investigation will take? I hope to hear back within days from now, that will be much appreciated.

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity and Gas

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now