AGL Energy

AGL Energy

Listing monitored by AGL Australia

• Rates and Fees

12 years without a problem

Electricity only, no gas or solar. Extremely pleased with AGL, no problems in 12 years. Use their website to make advance payments by checking past usages so account always in credit. In the past when I've contacted to check on any increased discounts, they've always been helpful, polite and accommodating. Power is reliable and things just tick along nicely.

Hi Michelle,
Thank you so much for your great feedback - so lovely to hear from our long term customers! ! Please don't hesitate to get in touch for any assistance.
Kind regards,
Puneet

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-TwiceAU

Better than Click Energy

I had my electricity with Click Energy after them being recommended by One Big Switch.

They were bought by AGL, and a year ago my account was switched (pun intended) to AGL.

AGL have an Australian based call centre, and are helpful sorting out paperwork issues.

Click insisted on monthly instalments with a catchup in the 3rd month. AGL are happy to wait for one payment at the end of the quarter. Their rates are excellent (for me) and I can only recommend them highly

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi there! That's great to hear it was a smooth transition for you! Please don't hesitate to get in touch for any assistance.
Kind regards, Puneet.

To the credit of Regan Baily

I was having a lot of trouble connecting my utilities and Regan personally helped me out with everything, replying super quick to emails and monitoring my entire connection, making it so easy Before this I had spoken to countless people and company’s before with little to no help, so this was really refreshing.
Thanks.

ServicesElectricity
AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Hi Justin, Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, it's great to hear! We are glad to see that you've been happy with the service. Thanks for being an AGL customer.
Regards,
Puneet

Roger A.
Roger A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incredible Energy, Internet and Mobile services!

I signed up with AGL and they had the Internet and energy ready from the second I moved in. Their Internet is incredibly fast as is their NBN, and mobile phone service which is only $30 a month. The Internet is also very reasonably priced and the cheapest I have seen around . Incredibly helpful staff, very highly recommended!

Hi Roger,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your lovely feedback, it's great to hear! We are glad to see that you are so happy with our services. Thanks for being an AGL customer!

Wayne P
Wayne PSoutheast, SA

Just the best service with great people.

Just the best service with Power as well as internet service and mobile phone service.
Excellent service unflappable knowledgeable staff that were eager as well as at ease with helping the customer.

Hi Wayne,
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review - always great to hear! We are glad to see that you are happy with our service. Thanks for being an AGL customer!

Tracy B
Tracy BSouth East Queensland, QLD

This offer was wonderful and so easy to change from my old subscriber.

Mobile phone plan,
Set u process was quick and painless. Timeframe roughly 2 days from start to change over.
Reception is good. I do not experience any more drop outs that my previous carrier and it could be faster internet speeds.

Hi Tracy,
Thanks,

Aman
AmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looking after loyal customers

Rang AGL today to ask for a better FIT on our solar, currently getting 12c but the cousin who signed up at same time is now receiving 15c... when I mentioned this to them... Iall i got was the run around saying 12c is the best we offer.. so looks to me agl aren't interested in keeping good customers... I have electricity gas and internet with agl, EVEN after letting them know that I'm prepared to take all my services over to another provide they didn't seem to care,

So now the shopping around begins.

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Irina
IrinaSydney, NSW

I am satisfied customer of 14 years

AGL AustraliaAGL AustraliaSend a private message

BYO Modem set up helped by technical support team member "Alex".

Dan E.
Dan E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic Value For Money

I'm very lucky to be on a Family and Friends Plan for Gas and Electricity, so you really can't get better value than that. Great prices and they recently updated their app, which looks super clean and easier to use.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic Service

I recently phoned AGL to ask a question about a bill I had recently received. The person I spoke with was so helpful and kind and really took the time to listen and understand my question. Thanks AGL

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Damien I.
Damien I.South East Queensland, QLD

Great

Electricity was connected fast, bonus I could go carbon neutral and switching Mobile number and having the number ported was fast simple process. Recommended service provider will be looking at the NBN plans too add (update) Had NBN connected , done over night very fast no drop outs

Marc
MarcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Connecting Services for Person with a Disability

My son is a non verbal Person with a Disability. He is moving to his own apartment. I rang AGL to connect his Electricity. I was transferred to a gentleman named Jordan. He was very understanding of the particular circumstance and provided A grade support to connect my son's electricity. I am now wishing to also use AGL for Internet and I will only talk to him when I need to call AGL.
I recommend you contact Jordan if you are speaking on behalf of a Person with a Disability.

AGL NBN Great service and affordable plans

I am wil AGL for NBN, Mobile and energy. Its all so simple and just works.

The plans are at a great price and good discounts on energy and mobile.

Customer service are always lovely and helpful

Would recommend them to everyone

Arn
Arnasked

Not accurate actual meter reading and no explanation of account adjustments.

I'm having problem about my billing for this month May2022, Because Its doesn't look right that's why I phoned AGL resolution team to explain they said they will come back to me soon., I watched my electric meter and recorded monthly because I would like to know how much I earn and save having solar panel. I get information from customer service about monthly billing, etc. since i got agl apps I can easily monitor my used KWH or General usage every month. I also advised from agl that need to input my meter reading every month both (REG-1 and REG-2) Solar credit and KWH used(General usage) using agl apps. According to the agl staff every month they estimate both general usage and solar credit and in every quarterly then physical actual read the meter. 19th April was the actual reading and I was surprise and annoyed at the same time because Reg-1 is lower that the actual reading and reg-2 is higher reading to the actual reading bills that come to me I also expecting credit/money more than a couple hundreds that my solar harvested in the month of Jan thru April 2022. as my calculation but suddenly they announce on my bill that there is account adjustment and turns only twenty one dollars credit. Can you please investigate this matter. Thank you.

David P.AGL AustraliaSend a private message
Ella Gokhmarkasked

Due to a transposed meter issue I had lost electricity for most part of the day last month and then had to contact AGL on a number of occasions to resolve both the cross-metering problem as well as the billing of the wrong meter going back to when we first connected our property to AGL. I have been directed by AGL to first call United Energy to find out who the correct retailer for the meter in question is, then contact the said retailer and set up a "temporary" account with them, so that pass it back to AGL. At the same time I was promised that the money I paid to AGL for the wrong meter/usage would be credited back to me, which as of now has not occurred. I was also asked to send through proof of payment of all my bills (although I was on direct debit arrangement with AGL) as well as proof of account ownership (all this was sent almost a week ago but generated no action so far).
At the moment, after multiple calls with AGL and Alinta, I got a "welcome back" letter from AGL advising I am now offered a standard retail contract (after 25 years with AGL) and a request to call them in order to make changes, i.e. select a different plan, etc. I made three attempts to call today and was not able to get past identity verification stage on the phone, when I enter my account number (tried both old and new accounts), after which the line went silent on all three occasions.
I am now at a stage when I need an AGL representative to call me back on 0404 002 356 asap and take some steps to resolve my issues:
1. Resolve overpaid bills due to cross-metering issue from the time we moved in (March 2020) - I have a reference number from when I spoke to AGL on a number of occasions on the matter
2. Change current plan from standard retail contract to a plan of my choice
I believe that it is not my fault this has occurred and therefore I should not be punished by having to sort all this out myself. I expect AGL to take a more active position now, after I have done a lot more that I should have and wasted a lot of extra time, unnecessarily, and resolve this for me to my satisfaction.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Search for energy ombudsman and you can log your complaint with them and they will see it through. Furthermore agl will get a hefty fine for those mistakes. Only way to punish them for their misdoings

Hi Puneet,
Good to know that you are investigating - in fact, you have been investigating since 10 January 2022. How much longer do you think the investigation will take? I hope to hear back within days from now, that will be much appreciated.

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Off peak time

Get an answer from our members and AGL Australia representatives

CategoryEnergy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricity and Gas

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now