AGL Energy Questions & Answers

1.3 from 1,564 reviews

49 questions from our users

Karen O.

Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Andrew, great question! You can find the rates and times relevant to your area here: aglener.gy/Price. If you can't find the information you're after for whatever reason, feel free to get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Barryasked

Hi,
If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product?
Assume I'm on Essentials Plus.
Thanks,

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Thanks Jayden.

Bryan Kasked

we've recently connected to solar and have been recommended to join agl but upon reading "product review" i'm very reluctant to join up, hoping someone will put me at ease

Fay
Fay

Based on my dealings with AGL I cannot recommend them to anyone else. I am in the process of looking for another energy provider.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Bryan, thank you for reaching out here. I can confidently say that our Product Review rating is not an accurate reflection of the level of service we provide. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please get in touch with us here and we'll be happy to help: aglener.gy/FBReview.

thanks Fay am now talking to Origin, cheers

Heantley Wicksasked

Hi Customer Service
Please let me know with the Seniors plus plan. Do i still receive the discount if i pay by the due date
Both for Electricity and Gas bill
I have just changed my plan from current Savers to Seniors plus plan

Heantley Wicks

Still awaiting for an answer

Angelyn
Angelyn

if You have changed your plan, your best to look at the email AGL should have sent to you or check your bill on new plan- it should indicate what the actual bill amount and the discount amount is. If it’s not indicating any discount speak to their customer service who have been very helpful - just make sure you write the name of the person you speak to and reference number of that call to avoid any misunderstandings

Njamo

Njamoasked

Can pay bills like a normal business transaction, ie, I use product, you bill me, I pay with the terms (days) we agree or, do you only do direct debit ?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Njamo, of course you can! Our customers are under no obligation to set up a direct debit, and should they choose not to they're provided with a due date for each bill issued. Kind regards, Jayden.

meuhrina

meuhrinaasked

Hi,
I receive a letter recently, from AGL, informing me that I should contact them for setting up an account. If I don't do this by the 4th of July, there might be disruption of hot water. I live in a shared building, but the water heating system is common, but we each have our own meter.
I was very surprised to receive this letter, which was not even directly addressed to me, and was signed by some salesperson, In addition I have been leaving in this flat for 2 years now, and I have never received anything from them.

As no information is provided about why I suddenly receive this mail, I am very suspicious (I have seen some cases like this overseas, where the company uses some very aggressive advertising techniques to get new contract). So my question is: is this a legit letter or is it some advertising?

Simon
Simon

Sounds suss to me.

Mark
Mark

Sounds like a scam to me too.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi meuhrina, great question! This is a legitimate letter. If you have any concerns or questions, I encourage you to follow the instructions listed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Hendrikaasked

I keep getting sms to register bit.ly/ AGL Peak Rewards to claim $10 but can never register what is the problem H M

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Hendrika, great question! To claim your AGL Rewards benefits, you need to simply log into your AGL My Account and click the 'Rewards' tab at the top of the screen. Kind regards, Jayden.

Hendrika

Thanks Jayden i have done that l have done that but they say that peakenergyrewards@agl.com.au is a diffrent department which i haye tried no response. Also why do i nee d a code no evry time i want to log into my account Thanks

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Thanks for your reply Hendrika! If you haven't received a response, please feel free to reach out to our team here directly and we'll be happy to help: aglener.gy/FBReview. Also, once you've logged into your AGL My Account, you can opt to use a password instead of a one time code by managing your account settings. Kind regards, Jayden.

Yosr

Yosrasked

My question is what is pic and off pic you write on my electricity bill although i have solahart and i don't know the write time to save electricity ?Thank you

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Yosr, great question! The times in which your 'peak' and 'off peak' charges apply vary depending on which suburb you live in. We'll need to take a look at your account to give you a precise answer, so please feel free to get in touch with us here to have a chat: http://aglener.gy/FBReview. Cheers, Jayden.

Minh

Minhasked

Does agl charge off peak on weekend?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Minh, thank you for your question! Off peak rates may be available to you depending on where you live and what type of meter you have. We'd need to take a look at your account to give you a straight-forward 'yes' or 'no' answer! You can get in touch with us here if you'd like to chat further: m.me/aglenergy. Cheers, Jayden

Joan A

Joan Aasked

Why does it take 9 days to process a refund to an NAB account?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hey Joan, apologies for the delayed reply! Our refunds by EFT take 3-5 business days at the most. If yours has taken longer, then we'd need to take a closer look at your account to clarify this! Cheers, Jayden.

Ken

Kenasked

Hello what is the general usage next charge on the agl gas bill?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Ken, great question! This is commonly referred to as 'stepped pricing'. Once you have used a certain amount of gas for a billing period, you will then be charged at the next 'step' which is a different rate. Kind regards, Jayden.

Les H

Les Hasked

Do u do power in rockingham?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Les, thank you for getting in touch! We do not currently offer electricity services to any of WA I'm sorry to say. However, we do offer gas services in your area! You can find out more here: aglener.gy/WA. Kind regards, Jayden.

Autafa O

Autafa Oasked

Please advise what is your general concession rate when one is using an essential life support machine and receives 1880 kw/per hr concession per annum? Is this general rate different for various retailers or is it always a standard rate to receive reimbursement from the Victorian State Government?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Autafa, thank you for your question! This rebate is calculated against the rate charged by your retailer specifically. As a result, the rebate offered by retailers as a dollar amount for 1,880 kWh may vary slightly. You can find out more here: https://services.dhhs.vic.gov.au/life-support-concession. Kind regards, Jayden.

MarkS

MarkSasked

Why is time of use time so confused - energy australi - the ditsributor says one thing an agl another and the australian govt another. Seems like you set time zones to suit yourself. Surely this is regulated and surely its based on a common distribution standard.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi MarkS, thank you for getting in the touch! The time at which certain charges apply can vary depending on your distribution zone and meter configuration, so this in addition to any potential misunderstandings from customer service representatives may have unfortunately resulted in you receiving some inconsistent information. If you'd like us to confirm these times as they relate to you, please get in touch with us via Facebook here: m.me/aglenergy. Kind regards, Jayden.

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

What times are AGLs peak and controlled times? I called yesterday and got emailed a copy of my contract which did not answer my question, I would to know in am - pm times

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Chantelle, thank you for your question! The answer to this can vary depending on your state, distribution area, and meter configuration. As a result, we're unable to answer this without taking a closer look at your account first! Please get in touch with us via Facebook (m.me/aglenergy) and we'll be happy to clarify this information for you. Kind regards, Jayden.

Gen

Genasked

Hi AGL, how do I work out off peak and on peak times? Does it depend on the plan I’m on or is there set times statewide??

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Gen, this is a great question! The times in which certain charges apply is not specific to your plan, but to your meter configuration. To your point, these times can also vary between states. If you'd like us to take a closer at your account and provide you with this information specific to your account, please get in touch with us at onlinereviews@agl.com.au! Kind regards, Jayden.

Hunjac

Hunjacasked

Good morning AGL, We have a holiday home in St Leonards but of course do not use it often. We always turn off the hot water system at the switch but we still get big bills even though the only thing running is the fridge. On our bills it shows Peak - Off Peak - Controlled Load and Supply charge. Is there some way of finding out if the hot water is still been charged even though its off? Your response would be helpful. Kristina

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Kristina, thank you for your question! Assuming you have an electronic hot water system, all usage drawn by this system should be listed under the 'Controlled Load' register. If your bill shows that usage has been recorded on this register then this would suggest that your hot water system is still drawing power. If there is nil usage listed, then this would suggest that another appliance is the culprit! If you'd like us to take a look at your bills for you, you're very welcome to get in touch with us at onlinereviews@agl.com.au. Kind regards, Jayden.

Mel

Melasked

I have been with AGL for my gas and electricity for a long time and have been happy until recently when I received an email saying my plans will be renewed. These changes to my plans include my discounts for my electricity to go down from 38% to 34% and my gas discounts will go down from 22% to 12%. Its bad enough that the rates have increased but to also reduce my discounts as well is a bit much. What reason do I have to continue to stay with AGL and not seek out another provider who will offer me better rates and discounts? Is there a way you can offer me better discounts like Alinta Energy is offering (43% on electricity and 25% on gas) to convince me to stay with AGL?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hey Mel, great question! I can tell you in confidence that we'll always do what we can to keep our valued customers onboard, though I can definitely appreciate how this experience may indicate otherwise. If you'd like to chat further about other discounts that are available to you, please get in touch with us at onlinereviews@agl.com.au. Kind regards, Jayden.

beachhouse

beachhouseasked

I have the AGl app. However I want to see the power usage for now . Not passed quarters.
Do I have to put in info from metre box?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi beachhouse, thank you for your question! To see your usage data update regularly in your AGL app, you need to have a smart meter at your property. You can find out more about smart meters and their benefits by following this link: http://aglener.gy/xNzrCL. In the meantime, you can take manual readings of your meter to keep a track of how your usage is tracking. If you'd like to chat further, you're welcome to get in touch with us at onlinereviews@agl.com.au. Kind regards, Jayden.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Energy representatives