AGL Energy Questions & Answers

1.3 from 1,624 reviews

52 questions from our users

Lam

Lamasked

I am with AGL for many years. Recently because of COV-19 I am out of job. My family have the health care card . My wife is the primary card holder. I and my children names on the card. My wife wants to change her name on AGL bills as I am name on AGL bills now. I can’t have discounts because my wife a primary HCC holder. AGL informs that They will charge disconnected and connect . My wife has to sign up a new account. Is that right? We are family, swap up the name will cost money. We intended to change provider. Anyone give me advice?

tarek e

tarek easked

I’ve been with AGL for years, and it’s gradually got worse and worse. The way I’ve been spoken to by AGL staff is bad They really don’t care about their customers. unhelpful and i am going to look for another company today never agl again

Tony M
Tony M

My advice is to do your own research. I have tried 'compare the market', 'i-select' and even 'ichoosi', and I end up with suppliers that aren't always cheaper and better (in the past). The feeling is that they have a panel and get remunerated accordingly. If your based in Victoria, start with this https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/

They provide a fair comparison but I would then individually contact say top 3 or 4 suppliers that come up for you on Electricity and Gas when you use their comparison questionnaire. I then emailed each supplier my last AGL bill relating to electricity and gas. As a result found an Electricity supplier cheaper (and they proved it in writing) and different supplier for gas (again they put it in writing that showed they are cheaper and also a fact sheet that showed their rates). I then to double check, compare their rates to AGL using their fact sheets to ensure they are cheaper.

Agree get away from AGL and seriously if the new suppliers I'm using are half as bad as AGL when it comes to service then I will be satisfied as long as I'm saving. Can't get any worse than the service from AGL, so I'm excited already with the move.

All the best and hope this helps.

Bill75
Bill75

Get away from them. Fast...

Susan H.

Susan H.asked

All big companies seem to be constantly making changes, throwing a spanner in the works ,I waste so much time rectifying the messes they make it is sickening,is there some reason for this

Robinsons
Robinsons

The reason given was that our contract had expired. In the current situation, would have been more considerate to us if they had extended the existing contract.

Karen O.

Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Andrew, great question! You can find the rates and times relevant to your area here: aglener.gy/Price. If you can't find the information you're after for whatever reason, feel free to get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Barryasked

Hi,
If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product?
Assume I'm on Essentials Plus.
Thanks,

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Thanks Jayden.

Bryan Kasked

we've recently connected to solar and have been recommended to join agl but upon reading "product review" i'm very reluctant to join up, hoping someone will put me at ease

Fay
Fay

Based on my dealings with AGL I cannot recommend them to anyone else. I am in the process of looking for another energy provider.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Bryan, thank you for reaching out here. I can confidently say that our Product Review rating is not an accurate reflection of the level of service we provide. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please get in touch with us here and we'll be happy to help: aglener.gy/FBReview.

thanks Fay am now talking to Origin, cheers

Heantley Wicksasked

Hi Customer Service
Please let me know with the Seniors plus plan. Do i still receive the discount if i pay by the due date
Both for Electricity and Gas bill
I have just changed my plan from current Savers to Seniors plus plan

Heantley Wicks

Still awaiting for an answer

Angelyn
Angelyn

if You have changed your plan, your best to look at the email AGL should have sent to you or check your bill on new plan- it should indicate what the actual bill amount and the discount amount is. If it’s not indicating any discount speak to their customer service who have been very helpful - just make sure you write the name of the person you speak to and reference number of that call to avoid any misunderstandings

Njamo

Njamoasked

Can pay bills like a normal business transaction, ie, I use product, you bill me, I pay with the terms (days) we agree or, do you only do direct debit ?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Njamo, of course you can! Our customers are under no obligation to set up a direct debit, and should they choose not to they're provided with a due date for each bill issued. Kind regards, Jayden.

meuhrina

meuhrinaasked

Hi,
I receive a letter recently, from AGL, informing me that I should contact them for setting up an account. If I don't do this by the 4th of July, there might be disruption of hot water. I live in a shared building, but the water heating system is common, but we each have our own meter.
I was very surprised to receive this letter, which was not even directly addressed to me, and was signed by some salesperson, In addition I have been leaving in this flat for 2 years now, and I have never received anything from them.

As no information is provided about why I suddenly receive this mail, I am very suspicious (I have seen some cases like this overseas, where the company uses some very aggressive advertising techniques to get new contract). So my question is: is this a legit letter or is it some advertising?

Simon
Simon

Sounds suss to me.

Mark
Mark

Sounds like a scam to me too.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi meuhrina, great question! This is a legitimate letter. If you have any concerns or questions, I encourage you to follow the instructions listed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Hendrikaasked

I keep getting sms to register bit.ly/ AGL Peak Rewards to claim $10 but can never register what is the problem H M

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Hendrika, great question! To claim your AGL Rewards benefits, you need to simply log into your AGL My Account and click the 'Rewards' tab at the top of the screen. Kind regards, Jayden.

Hendrika

Thanks Jayden i have done that l have done that but they say that peakenergyrewards@agl.com.au is a diffrent department which i haye tried no response. Also why do i nee d a code no evry time i want to log into my account Thanks

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Thanks for your reply Hendrika! If you haven't received a response, please feel free to reach out to our team here directly and we'll be happy to help: aglener.gy/FBReview. Also, once you've logged into your AGL My Account, you can opt to use a password instead of a one time code by managing your account settings. Kind regards, Jayden.

Yosr

Yosrasked

My question is what is pic and off pic you write on my electricity bill although i have solahart and i don't know the write time to save electricity ?Thank you

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Yosr, great question! The times in which your 'peak' and 'off peak' charges apply vary depending on which suburb you live in. We'll need to take a look at your account to give you a precise answer, so please feel free to get in touch with us here to have a chat: http://aglener.gy/FBReview. Cheers, Jayden.

Minh

Minhasked

Does agl charge off peak on weekend?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Minh, thank you for your question! Off peak rates may be available to you depending on where you live and what type of meter you have. We'd need to take a look at your account to give you a straight-forward 'yes' or 'no' answer! You can get in touch with us here if you'd like to chat further: m.me/aglenergy. Cheers, Jayden

Joan A

Joan Aasked

Why does it take 9 days to process a refund to an NAB account?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hey Joan, apologies for the delayed reply! Our refunds by EFT take 3-5 business days at the most. If yours has taken longer, then we'd need to take a closer look at your account to clarify this! Cheers, Jayden.

Ken

Kenasked

Hello what is the general usage next charge on the agl gas bill?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Ken, great question! This is commonly referred to as 'stepped pricing'. Once you have used a certain amount of gas for a billing period, you will then be charged at the next 'step' which is a different rate. Kind regards, Jayden.

Les H

Les Hasked

Do u do power in rockingham?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Les, thank you for getting in touch! We do not currently offer electricity services to any of WA I'm sorry to say. However, we do offer gas services in your area! You can find out more here: aglener.gy/WA. Kind regards, Jayden.

Autafa O

Autafa Oasked

Please advise what is your general concession rate when one is using an essential life support machine and receives 1880 kw/per hr concession per annum? Is this general rate different for various retailers or is it always a standard rate to receive reimbursement from the Victorian State Government?

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Autafa, thank you for your question! This rebate is calculated against the rate charged by your retailer specifically. As a result, the rebate offered by retailers as a dollar amount for 1,880 kWh may vary slightly. You can find out more here: https://services.dhhs.vic.gov.au/life-support-concession. Kind regards, Jayden.

MarkS

MarkSasked

Why is time of use time so confused - energy australi - the ditsributor says one thing an agl another and the australian govt another. Seems like you set time zones to suit yourself. Surely this is regulated and surely its based on a common distribution standard.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi MarkS, thank you for getting in the touch! The time at which certain charges apply can vary depending on your distribution zone and meter configuration, so this in addition to any potential misunderstandings from customer service representatives may have unfortunately resulted in you receiving some inconsistent information. If you'd like us to confirm these times as they relate to you, please get in touch with us via Facebook here: m.me/aglenergy. Kind regards, Jayden.

Chantelle

Chantelleasked

What times are AGLs peak and controlled times? I called yesterday and got emailed a copy of my contract which did not answer my question, I would to know in am - pm times

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Chantelle, thank you for your question! The answer to this can vary depending on your state, distribution area, and meter configuration. As a result, we're unable to answer this without taking a closer look at your account first! Please get in touch with us via Facebook (m.me/aglenergy) and we'll be happy to clarify this information for you. Kind regards, Jayden.

Gen

Genasked

Hi AGL, how do I work out off peak and on peak times? Does it depend on the plan I’m on or is there set times statewide??

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Gen, this is a great question! The times in which certain charges apply is not specific to your plan, but to your meter configuration. To your point, these times can also vary between states. If you'd like us to take a closer at your account and provide you with this information specific to your account, please get in touch with us at onlinereviews@agl.com.au! Kind regards, Jayden.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Energy representatives