AGL Energy

AGL Energy (page 2 of 83)

1.3 from 1,642 reviews

1.3

1,642 reviews
  • Rates and Fees

AussieSteve

AussieStevebrisbane

They won't maintain social distance

While walking through a shopping centre their rude salesperson approached me and wouldn't social distance. They made threats towards me and agl won't do anything to stop them. Not happy.

P Tchung

P Tchung

Appalling customer service

I've contacted AGL customer service at approximately at 2:00pm today, the 5/8/2020, in order to update my gas payment plan. I've been served by a very incompetent, unprofessional and rude lady. After putting me on wait for around 15 minutes, she just hung up the phone and disappeared without solving my issue. Now I find it hard to report her to the head office, because she didn't even tell me her name which is really disappointing.

ServicesGas

Useless communication - have just ignored me!

I had a gas and electricity account with AGL - left the country in May due to losing our visa during covid. I emailed AGL 10 days before we left to their email that they were advertising online asking them to cancel our account on the day of move out NO REPLY. 3 more emails NO REPLY. Went on chat and they said can't backdate even though it has been there fault we're in this mess now. I had to argue for a callback to my German number (as we don't have access to call Australia), finally confirmed they would call back in 48 hours NEVER DID. Clearly this company don't want me to make my final payment? OK then, I give up!

Tony MMelbourne

AGL service is extremely poor and they are deceiving

Stu

StuSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sales staff tell blatant lies

We initially moved to AGL after being offered a 30% prompt payment discount. When I tried to open an account at a different property the salesperson told me that the plan we are currently on is no longer available but the new plan is definitely much cheaper than my existing plan.
Our current plan is 22.5c/kWh, less 30% for paying on time (15.7c/kWh after discount).
She wanted to sign me up without telling me the actual new rate but when I specifically asked, she told me it was 21.4c/kWh.
I then told her that this is actually much more expensive than my old plan. She grudgingly admitted that was true, despite her initial claim to the contrary.

Bill75

Bill75South East Queensland, QLD

Horrific gas providers

After years of arguments, dubious and error laden billing practices and fees, 3rd world customer service from clueless operators, endless excuses and horrendously expensive mains gas prices we've abandoned them. We have gone back to electric hot water. When we informed them, they hit us with a $65 fee and we were told we will be waiting a month for proper disconnection. Still paying the gas tariff may I add for gas we no longer use. And with no way of knowing when they are turning up, if we were not home when they come to disconnect we will incur another $150 fee. Bitter retribution for leaving them it appears. Keep well clear folks or you'll regret it. They are horrible. Cheers.

Nat

Nat

No accurate bill in 5 months

Registered the date that I was moving house with AGL. They kept billing me for the old place for two months even though they had the move out date on their system. Then I notice they dropped my concession status on my bills even though that too remains on their system. Difficult to contact. I haven't had an accurate bill in close to five months even though I'm billed monthly. I am now concerned it may affect my credit rating, as I have no indication of what to pay.

mocca

mocca

Disgusting

Unbelievable I have just received a letter informing me that my payment plan has been stopped, we have a pandemic at the moment where AGL support? just appalling best shop elsewhere

Deb R

Deb RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So disrespectful.

I’ve been with AGL for years, and it’s gradually got worse and worse. The way I’ve been spoken to by AGL staff is appalling. They really don’t care about their customers. Rude, disrespectful, sarcastic, unhelpful and unprofessional. I’ve worked in customer service and visitor engagement roles for 30 years. If I treated customers in this manner, I wouldn’t have a job. I’ve tried to remain loyal, but I think it’s time to change providers. Please don’t choose this company if you’re deciding on changing providers, unless you enjoy being overcharged and spoken to like scum.

HowItReallyIs

HowItReallyIsSydney, NSW

Check out deals with comparison sites first :)

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi HowItReallyIs, thank you for your feedback! You make some very valid points here so we'll be sure to pass on your comments. Cheers, Jayden.

Izadora Couto

Izadora CoutoSydney, NSW

AGL poor quality with customer satisfaction

Andy.ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Serious account safety issue

Had AGL for few years for my property and recently put the property as investment. When the tenant moved in, they incidentally request a provider transfer( which they been noticed that electricity stay under my name). On 07/07/20 AGL accept the transfer request without my permission( Not even have any contact with me). How this happened? Is that mean anyone can takeover or transfer my electricity provider away without my permission? I believe it is a serious account safety issue and it may become a LEGAL ISSUE!

Kevin Ferguson

Kevin FergusonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes no sense, poor service

I Received my quarterly a/c from AGL a $1200 Bill when previous a/c's
have been around $300. Bill included several adjustments dated back over 12 months since I moved into the house which didn't make any sense. I have rang customer service twice now. Just received another a/c after investigation saying they made an error reading the meter; no phone call to explain anything or how it occurred; really poor!

Legrope

LegropeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gas provider

Not too bad - good billing system and provides insights on your account and usage.
Was good enough to say another provider offered better electricity rates.
Was happy enough to connect again on a new apartment

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Legrope, thank you for you feedback! It's great to hear that your experiences with AGL thus far have been positive. Cheers, Jayden.

McKellars Park.Central West, NSW

Resolutions are a joke.

Lou.s.

Lou.s.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The worst electrical company ever

bullying, incompetent, un helpful, staff have no care ,staff are inadequately trained ,hung up on threatened with disconnection, cancell appointments continually. Don't ring to ask questions they forget just cancell on you. Three months to fix there mistake. Cost me a lot of money and no hot water. Dealing with complaints department but staff keep ringing wanting money explain what's going on . Then email., phone calls t xt messages . They don't care about customers they just don't care.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Tom

TomWestern Sydney

2/10 customer service

Pushy and inexperienced staff
Gas installation took months because there was "miscommunication"
There is no follow up or anything and I had to call through severtal departments just to get the answer I needed. Things just esculate until it is priority.

Too bad we dont have a choice and the government is subsidising them.

Naga

NagaPerth, WA

Worst experience with customer rip off bill

Worst experience with customer rip off bill
Worst experience with customer service..they have to train how to speak with customers.Bill rates are rip off better stay away from them..
I should give them 0 rating if there available.saying that 50% off from bill but they not adding card fee,admin fee,adds up price more than usually and then reduced.people the not thinking just concentrate on discount price.but end up been rip off.better stay out

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Amazing

I had a good experience with AGL they are providing very good rates in my area and After changing lots of retalers finally I got AGL I am very happy with AGL.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Paul, thank you for this great feedback! It's fantastic to hear that you're happy with your decision to make the move to AGL. Cheers, Jayden.

Rob

RobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

offered one deal, but charge you more!!

I spoke to a AGL sales guy online who offered me a good deal.
23cents peak
16cents off peak
80cents supply charge

I get the bill and its
30cents peak
16cents off peak
$1.10 supply charge
don't trust them. Even have proof but still deny the quoted charges

Peter Donnellan

Peter Donnellanasked

Question regarding AGL controlled load time or clock?
I know the AGL controlled load is available between 1am and 6am, but how do I check the hours my meter is set to be on for during the controlled load to run a storage hot water service.
Looking at my AGL bill it appears to be on for only 2 hours, from 1am to 3am.
The meter is an Atlas Mk7A.
Occasionally we run out of hot water, I know I can press the green boost button.

Chris Bennettasked

Why don't AGL care about their customer service record. Are they arrogant enough to think that, as a previous default supplier, they don't need to retain customers?

Rcon Homes
Rcon Homes

They don't care much. Whenever you call them, feels like talking to a robot. Not helping at all.

WayneSasked

I've been with AGL for three weeks after being with Powershop for the past 17 months. I have been told by an AGL representative that I would be much better off. I logged into my AGL account yesterday and found a major discrepency, where I'm apparently using a 1/3 more power and making less than half the solar than I was with my previous supplier. According to the AGL website, i'm using the most power at 12am when I'm asleep. (our hot water system is gas, so no its not electric hot water using power). The usage slowly decreases until about 4am when it stabilises. Anyway, when I questioned an AGL representative about this. I was given every reason as to how it must be a problem with devices on standby + fridge, etc. I told the AGL rep, this only started happening when we changed to them as a supplier and I can provide the past 17mnths of records from Powershop to show when we use most power. Midnight to dawn is when we use the least. Anyway, I been told it's probably an issue with the smart meter so they are sending someone out in the next 10 days to check it. I strongly doubt anything I've been told and really think it's an AGL issue, which may take some time to remedy.
I have all the proof to hold AGL to account for overcharging if this is not fix in a timely manner.

Chris Bennett

AGL billing is a joke. As an energy assessor I saw a number of incorrect accounts billed by AGL. Approach the ombudsmen, and find another provider.

WayneS

I've since had their resolutions centre call me, in which I explained all that what was wrong. After a week had passed I hadn't received an update so I rang them. I was then asked to upload the power & solar meter readings which I've taken regularly since joining AGL. So basically it seems nothing had been done to resolve the problem after my first call. There is an obvious problem as my power & solar usage details on the AGL website has not been updated since August 26 & its now Sept 17.
I'm now awaiting another another call back from AGL.

Get an answer from our members and AGL Energy representatives