AGL Energy

AGL Energy (page 2 of 79)

1.3 from 1,568 reviews

• Rates and Fees

More expensive then any other provider and shocking customer service DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AGL

I have never had a $600 quarter invoice before IN MY LIFE! I called and they did not care, I offered a payment plan and they would not accept. They keep emailing and texting from a no-reply address and phone number so I am unable to communicate to them in writting. I looked into another provider and turns out AGL rates are so expensive so I switched. Still unable to contact anyone in writting about a payment plan, I didn’t even get a full copy if the last bill just an email saying it to was close to $600 - all support when I call is overseas.

Shocking.

Toni from Wynnum
Toni from Wynnum

An apology is no good when you have a $1200 bill. And the link is just an online chat - again, of no use.
Happy that I have gone elsewhere

horrible company ever.

Do not buy gas from this company. I have booked on 17/02/20 to my gas to be connected on 21/02/2020 when I have moved house, on 21 the gas was not connected and calling the customer service they told me to call the company that does the connection. It is not my problem with the company that connects the gas, I have dealed with AGL and not with the other company. I dont have gas in my shower and stove. I will pass all the weekend without hot water. After connecting the gas, I will change the company.

ServicesGas
Grace

Grace

Frustrating experience

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Darren G.

Darren G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

overpriced and understaffed

We have been with AGL for a few years now. Anytime we need to inquire about anything it is either we talk to someone on the phone who is speaking such broken english that you get 1 in 3 words. Or if you use their typed assist online it is so slow that we get so frustrated I am amazed a laptop hasn't gone flying yet. Getting solar installed in a few days so hopefully we will be paying these LEECHES next to nothing from now on. Thank you The Australian Federal Government for selling off our power grid and letting overseas Monopolise our infrastructure. GOOD JOB IDIOTS!!!

AdrianSydney, NSW

Lying thieving scum

Adrian

I am going to the Ombudsman about my final bill. It is a fraud

unauthorised payment

I cancelled a weekly debit payment and agl debited a stupid amount of money out of my account same day after I finish talking to an agent which put my bank in overdraw. I got back in touch with another agent and told him I did not authorise For them to take any funds from my account. I got an apology and told I will have funds refunded back into my account in 48-72 hours..... Quick to take money AGL but make us wait to have it refunded. Still waiting for refund!

Hayden

HaydenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far so good

I have been with AGL since late Jan. They have been really good and I find their rates to be really competitive. The set up process was easy, the only thing I would suggest as part of the moving in process, they request that the main's switch is off. This only applies if there is currently no connection to the house. But if there is already electricity there, it doesn't need to be off. So the day we moved in, I had to call AGL for them to say, that it was already done. To be clearer on this process would be better. Apart from this we have experience no drop outs.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Hayden, thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed feedback! I'll be sure to pass on your suggestion. We're glad to hear that you're otherwise satisfied as an AGL customer! Cheers, Jayden.

Chardonnay loverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking customer support and played blame game.

Had solar installed. Followed advised process with forms. Took 12 months to have solar come online and then we were accused of installing illegally. This all went through a reputable agency. Could not get a sensible conversation out of AGL.

Oli

OliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service and Good Value

Very handy online account with detailed usage info (including daily usage). Support team is always available and prompt in solving any issues I have. I did receive miscalculated bills a few times, but always got any support I needed in time. Loved the bonus point for my flybuys card too.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Thank you for your kind words Oli! It's awesome to hear that you're happy with the services we offer. Cheers, Jayden.

Patricia Puzon

Patricia PuzonSydney, NSW

People on life support not being considered.

There are people who never choose to be unwell and on life support. Your service team when we called just then, very unhelpful and instead of letting me know of the electricity issues as im on dialysis overnight, she just told me to have a back up plan... Very rude and unhelpful service team AGL! We didn't ask to be sick in the first place!

Thomas J MahonSouth East Queensland, QLD

No concern for customers

10 Jan 20. Applied by email for refund of my credit for electricity supplied.
16 Jan 20. AGL email advised "refund has been processed. Allow up to 10 business days for a cheque refund to be received."(i.e. 17th to 30th Jan 20.)
Why 20 days to get money owing to me.
No cheque to date - 1 feb 2020. What would agl do if I was 20 days late paying an electricity bill.

Never use AGL

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
David W

And today they locked me out of the app completely while trying to fix it!

I am starting to think the randomness of their solutions must be for a hidden camera show. No one can be that useless.

David W

Appalling phone and email service

I continued to receive various spam emails regarding my non-existent join request when I wanted to cancel my contract. They refused to send me a cancellation confirmation email, because they're somehow unable to due to their system. I am disappointed that such a big company cannot perform such a simple action.

Steve y.

Steve y.Sydney, NSW

Discounts not received due to their website issues

Doug

DougSydney, NSW

Being honest is not the business ethos of AGL

Tim

TimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic service, best FIT

Pathetic. Daily issues for 4 of 6 months I've been with them. Never proactive, always reactive to my concerns. Monitoring has been non-existent due to their inept business process. Cannot track usage. Zero trust. I have no idea how they are in business. Absolutely mind-boggling. Unfortunately they have the best FIT currently, or else I would be gone. That is literally the only thing keeping me with AGL.

Chad

ChadPerth

Never connected gas

Requested them to connect gas when moving into home. On the date given the gas wasn't connected. Called and they hadn't actioned it because they didn't have the meter number. Lied about contacting me. Gave them another chance to connect gas. Called them on the day gas was meant to be connected. Still no gas and they claimed a fault in their system. Wasted a over week of my time and no gas. Extremely unreliable company.

ServicesGas
Adam

AdamSydney, NSW

Immense Time waste

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Terrible service & lack of ownership

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

Hi Jayden,
Sorry, but this has annoyed me so much that I've already joined with Origin and am in the process of having everything finalised with them.
Thanks, Samantha.

HighlandsSydney, NSW

New Customer Sign Up - Dreadfully Let Down

Highlands

Hi Jayden, link you have provided does not work.

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Apologies Highlands. If you have a Facebook profile, you'll be best served getting in touch with us here instead: m.me/aglenergy. Kind regards, Jayden.

Karen O.

Karen O.asked

Do you receive a discount if on Newstart

Ashwin S.
Ashwin S.

No this is not only if you start new. Everyone that joins gets to be part of the Agl rewards! You can get as many discounted gift cards as you want!

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Karen, you absolutely do! Our customers eligibility for specific plans doesn't depend in any way on their financial situation. You can find out more about our available plans here: aglener.gy/Plans. Kind regards, Jayden.

Andy

Andyasked

Hi, Can anyone direct me to the time of use details for AGL. I cant seem to find on their website the times and rates.
Andrew

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Andrew, great question! You can find the rates and times relevant to your area here: aglener.gy/Price. If you can't find the information you're after for whatever reason, feel free to get in touch with us here: aglener.gy/FBReview. Kind regards, Jayden.

Barryasked

Hi,
If I join AGL on a single rate product (assume United distribution area), then over time, decide to add controlled load to my metering configuration - is my original contract terminated and do I need to start a new contract OR, will I automatically be moved to the Two rate product?
Assume I'm on Essentials Plus.
Thanks,

Jayden Y.AGL Energy

Hi Barry, great question! When adding a controlled load, no changes to your existing contract are required. Your controlled load usage and supply charges will automatically be added to your bill from the day it is installed. Kind regards, Jayden.

Thanks Jayden.