AHM (Australian Health Management)

AHM (Australian Health Management) (page 2 of 12)

See the Best Health Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Marco

MarcoSydney, NSW

AHM OSHC AMBULANCE REFUND

AHM OSHC doesn`t want to give me ambulance refund because the ambulance didn`t take me to hospital when I dislocated my shoulder.

They came and gave me loads of medicine to relieve pain before putting it back in place. According to AHM, their ambulance policy only covers ambulance when they take you to hospital, that means if you get injured like in my case, it is better to ask them to take you to hospital even after getting my shoulder fixed. So, instead of saving lives, they should be cruising with me to hospital in order to save AHM $423 dollars.

Overseas students, be very careful when choosing them in order to save some dollars, because when you need them, this 100 or 200$ you save upfront is gonna cost you much more.

Coverage TypeSingle
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Steve

SteveNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst Service and support

I was previously with Medibank Private and looking to find a lower cost option to health Insurance. Only to be lead astray, especially through the consultant at the time, where certain aspects of cover removed that were not supposed to happen. After trying to claim and finding out I was not covered, I was told I would have to wait 6 months. However when I go to claim I am told it is actually 12 months. No care from the company, even though it was their error, so once again I am out of pocket up to $800. I'll be leaving this fund immediately.

Plan CoverageHospital and extras
Coverage TypeSingle Parent Family
Claim MadeNo
Book AgainNo

Be careful with receipts

I have been with AHM for 12 years and was happy with them until they changed to online. They recently requested that I send in receipts for claims dating back 2 years, as part of an audit process.
I haven't kept all receipts so they are now saying I will have to pay back any benefit received.
Interestingly in some cases my provider has not kept records either.
The is a terrible fund, they look cheap and they are cheap, avoid at all costs, I recommend HCF or anyone else.

Very bad service

Terrible service
Ahm team always tells lie to the customer
I hate the service and the way says lie all the time

Lucyliu77

Lucyliu77NSW, 2228

Better than others

Jaja

JajaNewcastle

Not too bad for overseas student

aiislinn

aiislinnsydney

Will go out of their way with ridiculous excuses to not pay

Outstanding service

I have dealt with various insurance companies, both personally and professionally and the service provided to me and my family by AHM was first rate. They are courteous, fair and professional.

Insurance claim madeYes

WHEN IN TROUBLE DON'T CALL AHM!

Incompetent customer service

Insurance claim madeYes

Worst Health Insurance Provider in the World!

If I could leave negative stars then I would. This firm is just like it's parent company (Medibank) - Profit oriented and don't pay attention to their customers' needs. They use enticing marketing tactics and promotions that they could not live up to. I wasted a lot of time following up on their 1 month free promo. Month after month, they charged me the full amount when I should have gotten the 2nd month free. Took them until 4th or 5th month before they were able to resolve this. They also could not deliver to any other promotional promises they make such as bonus flybuys points. Such scammers!

Amanda

AmandaSydney

Don’t buy their Travel Insurance!! Terrible service and can never speak to an actual person

We had two claims denied for ‘not being covered’ which is incorrect. Have tried to call for three weeks to speak to someone and call never gets answered (on hold for 30 mins or more) Called to today and selected purchase insurance option and call picked up in less than 1 minute. Absolutely hopeless!!! Never purchasing again

Mimi

MimiCairns

First Insurance for me and no stress

I've been having this product and claim automatically for dentist sometimes already. This is my first health insurance, easy to clime no stress at all.

midsomer

midsomer

Excellent customer service!

Insurance claim madeNo

Horrible customer service, either a crappy company or a company that hires crappy people

Isabella McLeod

Isabella McLeod

Super Extras is everything I never knew I needed.

I have been a member on and off over the last few years and only take it out when me and my partner need to get some dental work at short notice. The perks far outweigh what you pay in premiums.

My partner had bad dental health and I'm pregnant but fully intend on having my birth in my public hospital (was amazing last pregnancy). Claims are done within a day and almost everything has no wait periods. I have claimed extensive dental work, designer optical frames, gym membership, birthing classes and some pharmaceutical reciepts. I have no regrets and would recommend a friend or family member join 100 percent. If you don't like it, simply cancel it and move on.

Brett

BrettBrisbane

AHM turned their back on me - no loyalty no support.

Avoid at all cost. This is your cliche insurance company that happily takes fees for years, returning nothing in the instance you wish to claim. After 10 years + of contributing to a "family policy" which includes a $150 per person per annum eyeglass cover, my first opportunity of claiming for glasses I was refused due to a fine print LIMIT of $300. There are three persons mentioned in the policy and my wife and daughter claimed 150 each this year. It was sold to us as a family policy, three mentioned and among other items $150 each for glasses. In summary, decidedly sold in my mind. Looking at other reviews here, we are not alone. Fine print is fine print and we will be going elsewhere. Don't make the same mistake!

Worst customer service

I left AHM to go to another and they responded by harassing me calling up to 3 times a day. Whenever I answered the call the representative would hang up. Not to mentioned the service I received while on the fund was poor. Stay away from AHM!

Jess

JessGold Coast

Through my time of Financial Hardship they have no solution other than to cancel and loose everythin

SuzM

SuzMRichmond-Tweed, NSW

No loyalty whatsoever!

After 30 years with AHM with hospital/extras cover, I found myself in the premature situation of requiring a knee replacement (I'm only 57). AHM refuse to waiver or reduce the 12 month waiting period stating 'Some members join up, get the procedure done, then cancel'. Does 30 years of loyalty count - NOPE!! I will painfully await the procedure and curse them every day, then move cover.