1 question from our users

Cambojones

Cambojonesasked

AI Insurance

Well I guess I am about to find out if the AI Isurance can back up there policy. Someone has just run into my parked car, thankfully another driver witnessed it happen and the police have been called. Any advice on a successful claim with no driver at fault would be greatly appreciated. ( I will defiantly ask the question of the hire car
re-embursment) how can i do this?

June W.AI Insurance

Hi Cambojones,
It's sad to hear that someone person could run into your vehicle and take off but this does happen from time to time.
Hire car is an option on the AI Insurance policy, or being you may have some of the other persons details AI Insurance maybe able to recovery the costs for you. (You should keep invoices & documents for any cost of a hire car)
We look forward to you contacting our claims centre to talk over the details of the policy you have in place.

maki
maki

Cambojones, I had similar situation. In my case 3rd Party is at fault and left their number. You can get your insurer to claim it from the 3rd party insurer to cover for your car hire cost until your car is repaired. There was a precedent court case in NSW where the the plaintiff in same situation, inconvenience, seek compensation and won the court case. There is a statutory clause where it states that as long as you are not at fault and were inconvenienced, you are entitle for compensation (even if the car was hit inside your garage). Fortunately for me, I worked in an insurance debt recovery, I sought my solicitor director to fight for my case. We won the battle too!! He use the NSW precedented case, harsh legal demand letter and his legal clerk to speak with my insurer before it gets to the court proceeding. **Any insurer will try and get away in giving you compensation for transport inconvenience & emotional stress. I am very blessed that he accept this case as 'pro bono'. Even my Malt whisky gift for him as a token of gratitude couldn't repay his kindness. If you want to find out the name of the NSW case. Buzz me here. Hope this helps everyone! It is a real nightmare dealing with insurance company.

Get an answer from our members and AI Insurance representatives