Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand (page 2 of 12)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi
Maria

MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice flights but overall service horrendous

We recently flew to San Francisco from Brisbane and spent over $12000 in flights. My simple complaint is I tried numerous times to contact Air NZ as my suitcase was damaged on the way and way back. The first was the handle breaking. On the way back, the shell inside was smashed into thousands of pieces and silver logo missing. This suitcase has been used once for a move. You can see it is in new condition. I have contacted through Facebook, email and even called and it has been a carousel I am getting off and expressing complete disappointment. The last contact was with photos and a full report to the team in charge and I have heard nothing after following up myself.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationSan Francisco, CA, USA
BookingThird Party

They sneakily make you pay extra

I just made a booking with Air Newzealand and they intentionally changed my currency (at the final step of the payment) so that I pay more. When I changed the currency back to NZD, they change it back again to EUR which is a different price and a huge extra on the conversion rates. They do it sneakily in the same session because customers are already relaxed and don't expect it to be changed. Why? If I already picked NZD as my payment currency, why to change it back in the same session?

That is a horrible low-cost airline strategy! I am totally disappointed and will never fly with them.

DepartureNelson, New Zealand
Sonya

SonyaPerth, WA

Over a hour on hold to air n.z

at 1am N.Z time. It doesn't matter what time you ring you wait for hours...shocking service you take our money air n.z but slow in compensation. Come on air n.z sort yourselves out. Unacceptable.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
DestinationNew Zealand

mark

markSydney Surrounds, NSW

downgraded and not offered compensation

I booked a return to auckland from sydney and paid $400 for premium economy. Due to a change of aircraft I was downgraded to economy. No offer of refund or compensation for this was made - and the icing on the cake was I was told I would have to pay extra to take my 2 bags as I was now on an economy ticket! A real shame as I have had good experiences with these guys in the past. Not a good way to retain customers.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
ClassPremium Economy
Nat Dunbar

Nat DunbarSouth East Queensland, QLD

No cancellation confirmation for insurance

Had to call and cancel flights due to illness. The first guy was really vague and hard to understand. I asked to speak to someome else & he refused. The second lady was eager to get me off the phone and never processed the cancellation. The last guy seemed promising and mentioned a cancellation email would be sent out. It's been a week and I need it to lodge my insurance claim before the eligible period expires. Let's just say I'm glad I never got on that flight at all.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationChristchurch, New Zealand
Senoni P.

Senoni P.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

No help after flight cancelled

Air new zealand cancelled and "reassigned" our flight rather then delaying it, so they could avoid having to compensate us for two days worth of accommodation. We are stranded in new zealand with our infant, having to pay for our own accommodation.

DepartureAuckland, New Zealand
DestinationNiue
TLOR

TLOR

Fake Offers and an incredibly overall poor customer service experience

GeoffNelson, 7011, NZ

The New Zealand National Airline Charging Premium Fares offering Budget Service

DepartureAuckland, New Zealand
DestinationNelson, New Zealand
Geoff

24 hours after writing this review Air New Zealand made contact with us and have agreed to refund the Excess Baggage payment of $80 for which we are grateful. Maybe new management has already produced a change - we hope so!

Disappointed with Air New Zealand

Travelled in Business Class from Hong Kong to Auckland recently. Must say I was disappointed with most aspects of the flight.
Business seats were arranged in a strange position facing away from the windows. No privacy at all. Lie flat bed was only achievable with help of cabin crew........ same when you want to sit up. Food was extremely mediocre. Cabin staff were friendly enough though.
Tip:---- Cathay Pacific were in a different league for Business Class. Far, far better. Better seat/bed, better food, cabin crew were super efficient (if not so friendly). Loads of privacy and much better seating layout all together.

DepartureHong Kong

Bob Geeves

Bob GeevesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad experience

Flight from Auckland to Rotorua cancelled minibus ride instead worst bus ride of my life wet suitcase on arrival no compensation for this horrible experience would never fly with them again

November 19th 2019 Update: After looking forward to flying with air nz flight from Auckland to Rotorua was cancelled .

Auckland to Rotorua flight cancelled
Mechanical issues stuck us on a mini bus worst ride I have ever had for 3 hours wet suitcase on destination arrival not happy w

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia

Their safety of passengers travel is not number 1

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gluten Intolerance - Extremely Disappointing

On my return flight from LA to Auckland, I was given a meal that was not gluten free - even after selecting and informing the airline of my intolerance. This was raised with the airline and there apologies where addressed through a $100.00 voucher. The lack of remorse even after raising this issue with senior management is alarming. I have refused the credit as I believe this is inadequate and would rather inform potential clients wishing to travel with Air New Zealand to review your meal selection and double check throughout all flight legs to ensure all food intolerance's and/or religious believes are being meet.

Chris332

Chris332Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Business class, should have flown economy with some other airline

DestinationVancouver, BC, Canada
BookingThird Party
Leslie D.

Leslie D.

Great Service comfortable flight

Melbourne to Auckland flight. Booked online via Air NZ app, easy and efficient.

I was a bit worried as I’d had some recent upgrades to business on Emirates. But all was pretty comfy for cattle class.

Check in was quick and easy the self service system works well with. O queues.

Meals was ok, better than a recent Qantas flight. Staff service was pretty good. I had a blocked nose and one if the attendants got me a cup with civjsand hot water in it to clear me head for the descent. Very kind. Luggage collection was quite smooth. My Seay was acceptable for economy.all in all trouble free flying.

Use another airline

Booked Air NZ specifically for the service, paid extra for food etc. Plane was replaced last minute (with no communication to customers) entertainment system was from the 80's, barely worked and gave me a headache to watch it, nowhere to charge my phone, the food was awful and made me sick. Made a complaint, got a generic response. Useless, won't be travelling with them again.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
Cameron

CameronSydney, NSW

Terrible joke

Booked first class tickets
Plane was replaced by a rental plane from the 1980s. In flight entertainment was my mobile phone. We emailed a complaint to air New Zealand, whose response was that we had received priority check in which is a first class service. We had been regular customers of air New Zealand for years however their customer service is terrible
We will never fly with them again

ClassFirst Class
Rocket

RocketSouth East Queensland, QLD

They lie and off load bags. Worst airline

Queenstown to Brisbane 11 August. Told all people they were moving bags around for weight yet the plane was not full. Over 50 people in line at Brisbane now complaining the bags aren’t here. Basically NZ Airlines lies to all passengers. Never ever fly this airline again.

BookingThrough Airline

Cancelled my ticket. Didn't notify me.

I was booked to fly with Air New Zealand tonight (Firm Business Class ticket from Australia to USA) but they changed me to tomorrows flight without notifying me or giving a reason. I found this out when checking in a few hours before departure. After spending 70 minutes on the phone to customer service it was obvious they simply did not care and they offered no solution. I had to buy a last minute ticket on another airline at enormous cost as I could not arrive a day late. This is the third time in two years AirNZ have done this. Never again.

DestinationUSA

Not very ethical

Took our money months before flight & refused to refund when one of us got very ill. Never use them again. Had well over months notice & could easily have resold tickets.

ClassPremium Economy

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang

johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet

Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.