Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand (page 2 of 16)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Corporate thieves.

My family paid $6000 for flights in July which the airline have now cancelled. We don’t know if or when we will be able to reschedule our trip, but Air NZ refuse to give refunds, despite them being unable to provide the service which we paid for. - They are no more than greedy corporate thieves. Avoid at all cost, unless you are in a position to voluntarily hand over your hard earned money with no guarantee of getting anything in return.

Moose
MooseTauranga

Only care about shareholders, not customers!

Won't refund our flights to Canada which THEY cancelled, and can not even let you know what credit you have. Shocking service, and disregard for customers. They only care about shareholders!

No refund after cancelled flights

It is not acceptable to refuse to refund customers after you cant deliver your services, no matter the circumstances. I have always been a loyal customer, that makes this horrendous treatment feels even more unfair.

Sales manager13
Sales manager13Cairns

No refund after Air NZ cancelled my 6 flights

No refund after Air NZ cancelled my 6 flights, value of A$6200.
A credit will be applied automatically, where in the civilised can you get away with this stunt.
They cancelled a service I paid for 12 months prior to the flight and it's now my problem to use a credit, if it ever arrives.
What if at 70 yrs old I am unable to take flights and use the credit, it goes into Air NZ bottom line.
Great business model any other similar would get you a few years in jail.

I want my hard earned money please.

Tropic Girl
Tropic GirlSydney, NSW

Two emails via the lost and found section on their website completely ignored

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia

Air NZ deceitful response to customers

Air NZ cancelled my flight to London via LA weeks ago and have been trying to force me to take a credit instead of a refund despite US law stating they must refund people. I explained I'm currently unemployed & need my $ back urgently. They didn't care. I even wrote to the CEO. No response. Instead they tried to bully and deceive me into taking a credit. Air NZ management you should be ashamed of yourselves. Your incompetence and dishonesty is ruining the company's reputation. And without that you're in deep trouble post covid 19!

Sarah-Jane J.
Sarah-Jane J.

Flight cancelled due to COVID-19, but super quick and efficient customer service

We couldn't be happier than what we have been with Air New Zealand. We had tickets booked to Argentina for August, however due to COVID-19 these flights were cancelled. Air New Zealand gave us the option of a credit to be used within 12 months or a full refund. We chose a full refund and Air New Zealand contacted us within 24 hours to confirm details in this regard. We had the full $3,900 back in our bank account within a few days. When we go back to rebook, we will certainly rebook with Air New Zealand. Very happy!!

They changed my flights without my request and they are not refund the full amount

Horrible customer service, with a supervisor who does not listen to you and just repeat the same words. I bought a ticket to Brisbane and they changed my flight to go one day earlier and come back two days after. I did not ask for any change but they changed anyway. They just gave me taxes refund even not been my fault. I called, send an email and called again talking to Priya who did not help with anything and did not offer any solution. I could be manager of Airnz Customer Service and I would be able to do better. Shame.

Terrible responses to COVID-19

Very disappointed with the level of support offered to business class customers. I’ve spent $720 for admin fees already and now about to lose another $1200 for cancellation fees for the already cancelled flights. How could you expect people to plan their travel again in 12 months to use your credit? I’m paying 5 times more to fly business but not getting any adequate/ appropriate support from the airline. The airline should have smarter strategies to keep their customers. Instead of trying to hold on to $600 cancellation fees, think about the income you would earn from returning customers after the COVID-19 is over!

Maria
MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice flights but overall service horrendous

We recently flew to San Francisco from Brisbane and spent over $12000 in flights. My simple complaint is I tried numerous times to contact Air NZ as my suitcase was damaged on the way and way back. The first was the handle breaking. On the way back, the shell inside was smashed into thousands of pieces and silver logo missing. This suitcase has been used once for a move. You can see it is in new condition. I have contacted through Facebook, email and even called and it has been a carousel I am getting off and expressing complete disappointment. The last contact was with photos and a full report to the team in charge and I have heard nothing after following up myself.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia

They sneakily make you pay extra

I just made a booking with Air Newzealand and they intentionally changed my currency (at the final step of the payment) so that I pay more. When I changed the currency back to NZD, they change it back again to EUR which is a different price and a huge extra on the conversion rates. They do it sneakily in the same session because customers are already relaxed and don't expect it to be changed. Why? If I already picked NZD as my payment currency, why to change it back in the same session?

That is a horrible low-cost airline strategy! I am totally disappointed and will never fly with them.

Sonya
SonyaPerth, WA

Over a hour on hold to air n.z

at 1am N.Z time. It doesn't matter what time you ring you wait for hours...shocking service you take our money air n.z but slow in compensation. Come on air n.z sort yourselves out. Unacceptable.

mark
markSydney Surrounds, NSW

downgraded and not offered compensation

I booked a return to auckland from sydney and paid $400 for premium economy. Due to a change of aircraft I was downgraded to economy. No offer of refund or compensation for this was made - and the icing on the cake was I was told I would have to pay extra to take my 2 bags as I was now on an economy ticket! A real shame as I have had good experiences with these guys in the past. Not a good way to retain customers.

Nat Dunbar
Nat DunbarSouth East Queensland, QLD

No cancellation confirmation for insurance

Had to call and cancel flights due to illness. The first guy was really vague and hard to understand. I asked to speak to someome else & he refused. The second lady was eager to get me off the phone and never processed the cancellation. The last guy seemed promising and mentioned a cancellation email would be sent out. It's been a week and I need it to lodge my insurance claim before the eligible period expires. Let's just say I'm glad I never got on that flight at all.

Senoni P.
Senoni P.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

No help after flight cancelled

Air new zealand cancelled and "reassigned" our flight rather then delaying it, so they could avoid having to compensate us for two days worth of accommodation. We are stranded in new zealand with our infant, having to pay for our own accommodation.

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang
johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet
Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.