Air New Zealand

Air New Zealand (page 4 of 12)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi
Vanesa Thaler

Vanesa ThalerSydney

Fight left 14 hours earlier with no notification

I had a ticket to return from Buenos Aires to sydney (vía Auckland) on the 22!nd of November 2018 and when I went to check in 24 hours before, my flight was marked as departed on the app. I called and was told that my flight was moved and for some reason I didn’t receive a notification. I had to stay an extra day in Buenos Aires before returning home.... not sure how that could happen

William S

William SCanberra

Nothing amazing

Ed W

Ed WMelbourne

Clear your cookies

Find out how Air New Zealand compares to other International Airlines

Stay away, very very far away....

Don't book with air New Zealand unless you are happy to pay through the nose to pick your seat, you cant even select a standard seat without paying your only choice is to turn up at the airport and hope you can be seated together on the day. I recommend picking a lower cost airline as air new zealand offers little more and at a far greater price, classic bait and switch.

Missed my flight

The company change the gate, i lost the flight, then the next flight will be in 2 days, the company just kick me out of the airport and dont care anymore, i have to pay everything and spend plus 2 days waiting other flight.

Terrible, the company make money like that from a international student.

Very poor communication

We had a flight booked with air new zealand from perth to auckland.
Everything was booked and we got an online check in email.
When we arrived at the airport there was no sign of the flight. We called air new zealand and only then we were told that the flight was cancelled.
This is very poor communication from air new zealand.
I would definitely avoid them.

Kathryn

KathrynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Five star experience

We booked skycouch for my son and Me and regular economy seat for my husband. Long haul Melbourne to NY. The flight from Mel to Auk canceled but they informed us 12 hours earlier and we didn’t have any problem to get the connection from Auk to Houston. Skycouch was very helpful, food is ok, flight crews were excellent.same as return flight. Air New Zealand got connecting flights with united airlines. Here comes the story. The plane to took us to NY left because of 1 hr of checking process and they asked us to catch the last flight of the day which took us in New Jersey airport instead

Mozzie

MozziePerf Western Australia

Real bad, what happened to Ear Nu Zalland?

Flights changed
Filthy tables
“the works” aka servo food
Entertainment screen broken
Flight attendants bogan.
Disappointed... flying kangaroo next time.

Overcharging

Booked through Amex travel as a Virgin Australia flight. Found out later it was operated by Air NZ. no recognition of platinum velocity benefits and charged $130 for 1 bag to check-in. Stay clear of this airline. Like other reviewers have stated they price gouge where they can.

Jen

JenSydney

Damaged baggage

sunshinelady

sunshinelady

Air New Zealand, you are baiting customers and charging. It is sneaky and not really ethical.

Tiago

TiagoMelbourne

Used to be a loyal fan, now feeling disappointed...

Exceptional flight crew!

Today we arrived back from a holiday in Vietnam, and I would just like to say that the flight attendants were awesome, not just one or two but all of them! They were so nice, helpful and supportive (im a nervous flyer) cant praise you enough! Thanks for being so great at your jobs!

They rip you off any any given chance

6 hours added to my travel time and had no notification.

Saif S

Saif SHamilton

Flight delayed, then after 3 hrs, cancelled!!

Booked to go from Auckland to Melbourne for a 2-day course. Departure time was 6:30 pm, when we arrived at airport, they said 7:30. We even boarded the plane at 8:30pm. They continues to say delayed, delayed then after sitting in the plane for 90min, they announced flight cancelled. We couldn’t get to the course. Just to get a refund of flight fare, we have to jump through hoops, process will take 12 weeks!!
Air New Zealand number 1 in the world??!! Load of nonsense!!!!its one of the worst airlines in the world!!!!

MuzzyMate

MuzzyMate

Never will fly with Air New Zealand again

I will never fly with Air New Zealand again. They have cancelled my flight and I don't know if I will get to my daughter's wedding . I am so distraughr and upset..

Terrible

Terrible booking process, plane changed, so seat selection void. Sent us email with wrong details, can’t rebook seats online. Wanted to charge us $25 fee for ringing them to rebook seats!!! Very unimpressed!! Never travel Air New Zealand again!!

Delays

I have recently returned to live back in the home land, New Zealand. Thought I would start visiting different parts of New Zealand to once again enjoy our beautiful country. In the past I never found fault with Air New Zealand. But now. How many delayed flights can there possibly be? And none due to weather. It is almost impossible to arrange a quick weekend away without having one if not both flights delayed. What has happened? Feels as though Air New Zealand has lost that something special which I use to always highlight to others when living overseas. No more, feels like any other airline. Also, very disappointed in the whole rewards program. Very little reward for travel compared to overseas companies. Thanks

Bad service

Booked Singapore Auckland. Flight returned after one hour. Rescheduled numerous times. In total 30 hours delay. Almost no communication. Endless queues. Terrible.

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang

johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet

Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.