Air New Zealand

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi
nissacow
nissacowSydney, NSW

Rescheduling isn't covered by travel insurance - only cancellations

Mick
MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

1 year later still can’t get a refund

Booked return flights for April 2020, flights were cancelled 2 days before due to COVID. Spent a year a year trying to call their team for a refund. Finally after 13 months I got to speak with their team to be told, no there is no refund, for a flight that never left. Will never use them again as they have stolen my money with no assistance from their team. Poor service air new zealand

Ben
BenPerth, WA

Expensive budget airline

For some reason air New Zealand have got a great reputation. But ive NEVER had a good reliable flight them always delayed leaving little time at connections. The last flight i took cost me $975 including extra baggage and for that i didn't get a meal on either flight my bags didn't make it to my final destination and arrived 2 days later. Also the first flight was delayed making me nearly miss the next 2 flights. Contacted Air New Zealand to get compensation for the baggage which they agreed to but the process makes it next to impossible to get the money back.
I have found there lounges to be pretty depressing and cheaply run.
Also they have lost there oneworld status
Simple fix FLY QANTAS

Year Round Rider
Year Round RiderVictoria, Canada

Avoid Air New Zealand!

Horrible system unflexible, arrived 2 minutes later and although airplane was not even boarding, and there was space available on the flight, was not allowed to board. Avoid Air New Zealand!

glopaul
glopaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful procrastination

Our return flights from Gold Coast to San Francisco on 28.8.2020 were cancelled by Air NZ on July 31, 2020.
6 Months later, we are still waiting for our refund. We are a couple of pensioners in our mid 70's and need this refund. unfortunately it seems Air NZ are not particularly bothered about this and just keep us waiting. The travel agent submitted our refund request 4 months ago and say it is up to Air NZ.

ClassEconomy
BookingThird Party

Horrible customer service. Make sure you fly Qantas if you're looking for trans tasman flights

After years and years of loyalty they won't offer refunds for April flights (peak covid lockdown). Will never fly again, Qantas have been more than accommodating with their policy so they'll be my airline of choice for the future.

David R.
David R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

flight is cancelled by them but wont refund all of the flight cost - out of pocket by $1000 - total failure

We had our trip to the US cancelled due to covid and managed to get full refunds from all airlines (even on cheap flights in the US) but air new zealand refused to do the same due to their local travel refund laws. ACC in australia forced all local airlines to offer refunds and many other overseas airlines who were not subject to this law also followed with this guideline. This law is seen by many within NZ as a loophole and have called for the government to change it. So dissappointed in their total lack of customer service in this matter. This is not one of the best airlines in the world. You have to look after your customers even when things are tough.

Philski
PhilskiForest Lake

Do not use them

Buying their service that was never delivered and refusing a refund is a crime. I don't care what the terms and conditions are. Paying in full for airline seats has to me made illegal. Email your State MP and Federal MP and demand something be done to protect consumers from airlines taking our money for nothing in return. The public are not a interest free bank. People need to stand up to this nonsense.

Worst airline ever

We bought 2 tickets Sydney-Papeete and they cancelled it 10 days later supposedly because of the COVID when the situation has not changed since (no mandatory quarantine in Papeete and no change on restrictions at the NZ border). And they don't even offer us a refund because “it's not they fault”. They sell tickets to cancel them shortly after and thus accumulate credit knowing that some customers will not be able to use or sell it... I absolutely do not recommend Air New Zealand

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia

Shocking customer service.

No customer care at all!! Trying to get home to Fiji melb-Syd- Fiji new Zealand had imposed 12 hr limit on layover time which they knew of but couldn't be bothered notifying the 30 customers it affected. 2 flights to and from Melbourne to Sydney plus quarantine expenses and they don't want to refund. Never want to use them again! And will chase like crazy for my money Back!

Terrible customer service.

The way Air Newzealand handle the Covid-19 situation is really terrible. Flight got cancelled WITHOUT WARNING.

For 3 weeks I had been requesting call back twice from online platform and twice from phone calls, ZERO CALLBACKS. First they say 3 days waiting period, then 5 days, then 7 days. Total rubbish.

I'm not even asking for a refund. I just want to book a flight home. Airline reputation tarnished with almost zero response. It is as if the airline has collapsed. I would not recommend.

Damaged bikes and improper bad service

Chezza38
Chezza38BRISBANE

Price gouging at its finest!

Similar to other reviews. Air NZ canceled our flight which was scheduled for September supposedly because of covid-19. They refuse to refund and will only offer a credit and have requested we rebook. This is obvious price gouging. They are now inflating prices. We scheduled this trip around an event so rebooking is not a suitable option. Corporate bullying at its finest. We would never trust them to fly with them.

BookingThrough Airline

Corporate thieves.

My family paid $6000 for flights in July which the airline have now cancelled. We don’t know if or when we will be able to reschedule our trip, but Air NZ refuse to give refunds, despite them being unable to provide the service which we paid for. - They are no more than greedy corporate thieves. Avoid at all cost, unless you are in a position to voluntarily hand over your hard earned money with no guarantee of getting anything in return.

Moose
MooseTauranga

Only care about shareholders, not customers!

Won't refund our flights to Canada which THEY cancelled, and can not even let you know what credit you have. Shocking service, and disregard for customers. They only care about shareholders!

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang
johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet
Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.