Air New Zealand

• In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
Angela

Angela

Stole my stuff and broke bags

ClassEconomy
BookingThrough Airline
Maria

MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice flights but overall service horrendous

We recently flew to San Francisco from Brisbane and spent over $12000 in flights. My simple complaint is I tried numerous times to contact Air NZ as my suitcase was damaged on the way and way back. The first was the handle breaking. On the way back, the shell inside was smashed into thousands of pieces and silver logo missing. This suitcase has been used once for a move. You can see it is in new condition. I have contacted through Facebook, email and even called and it has been a carousel I am getting off and expressing complete disappointment. The last contact was with photos and a full report to the team in charge and I have heard nothing after following up myself.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
Nat Dunbar

Nat DunbarSouth East Queensland, QLD

No cancellation confirmation for insurance

Had to call and cancel flights due to illness. The first guy was really vague and hard to understand. I asked to speak to someome else & he refused. The second lady was eager to get me off the phone and never processed the cancellation. The last guy seemed promising and mentioned a cancellation email would be sent out. It's been a week and I need it to lodge my insurance claim before the eligible period expires. Let's just say I'm glad I never got on that flight at all.

Carolena

CarolenaSydney, NSW

Do not fly Air NZ!!!!

testdriver

testdriverMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Business class joke

Before booking business class, take a look at the cabin layout. You are effectively facing the people across the aisle ! Economy has more privacy ! And also be aware that unless you are a gold member, a business class ticket does not get you in to a lounge prior to a business class domestic partner airline connection. I'm posting this to help others as it is hard to find this out at the time of booking. On the positive side the help centre helpfully and efficiently confirmed the lack of lounge access at Houston (and everywhere else it seems)

N Nguyen

N NguyenSydney

Portable cot not included as baby item

Only pram, stroller and car seats are allowed as free items when you travel with baby. I got official response from Air NZ that portable cot is not free baby item. I never had any problem with other airlines about bringing portable cot. How can they call themselves "Family Friendly"? Very disappointed!

Not happy!!!!!

I have flown twice with this airline. Our trip to Australia was fine...good service and friendly attendants. On our way back I asked for a drink as I wasn't feeling well and it took 3 hours and asking 4 times. I finally got it after the breakfast meal was served. The female attendant was rude and made me feel like I had inconvenienced her. I was feeling very dehydrated and just needed a glass of water but had to wait until everyone was served.

Mozzie

MozziePerf Western Australia

Real bad, what happened to Ear Nu Zalland?

Flights changed
Filthy tables
“the works” aka servo food
Entertainment screen broken
Flight attendants bogan.
Disappointed... flying kangaroo next time.

Tiago

TiagoMelbourne

Used to be a loyal fan, now feeling disappointed...

Find out how Air New Zealand compares to other International Airlines

6 hours added to my travel time and had no notification.

Terrible

Terrible booking process, plane changed, so seat selection void. Sent us email with wrong details, can’t rebook seats online. Wanted to charge us $25 fee for ringing them to rebook seats!!! Very unimpressed!! Never travel Air New Zealand again!!

Delays

I have recently returned to live back in the home land, New Zealand. Thought I would start visiting different parts of New Zealand to once again enjoy our beautiful country. In the past I never found fault with Air New Zealand. But now. How many delayed flights can there possibly be? And none due to weather. It is almost impossible to arrange a quick weekend away without having one if not both flights delayed. What has happened? Feels as though Air New Zealand has lost that something special which I use to always highlight to others when living overseas. No more, feels like any other airline. Also, very disappointed in the whole rewards program. Very little reward for travel compared to overseas companies. Thanks

Very disappointed

Loyalty challenged by

Stu

Stu

2nd best airline

After booing my flight 12 months ago to have it cancelled last minute with no assistance for an alternative flight we got to walk past the selective seating we had paid for and reserved at $80 pper person so we could sit at the back of the plane. And to make things worse the plane was late Guess the extra money will be regarded as a donation.
Only upside was the cabin crew were excellent but thats not enough to recommend them.

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang

johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet

Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.