Air New Zealand

• Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment

Disappointed with Air New Zealand

Travelled in Business Class from Hong Kong to Auckland recently. Must say I was disappointed with most aspects of the flight.
Business seats were arranged in a strange position facing away from the windows. No privacy at all. Lie flat bed was only achievable with help of cabin crew........ same when you want to sit up. Food was extremely mediocre. Cabin staff were friendly enough though.
Tip:---- Cathay Pacific were in a different league for Business Class. Far, far better. Better seat/bed, better food, cabin crew were super efficient (if not so friendly). Loads of privacy and much better seating layout all together.

george335igmail.com
george335igmail.comSydney, NSW

Average airline, pretending to be more

Up grade not value for money

We recently paid for a "one-up" upgrade between Sydney and Auckland. The plane was a rental, but there was nothing wrong with our comfort in flight. It was the service that was not up to Air NZ reputation. It was slow, and at times non-existent, the toilets were dirty, even though it was a short flight and the plane was not busy. Meal delivery was slow as was a top up on our drinks. I was offered a top up and I was still drinking my first glass, when a did require a little more, the steward was not to be found. Food was nice. Really would think twice before paying for an upgrade on our next flight in May

Seat Room
International Airlines

Find out how Air New Zealand compares to other International Airlines

Vanesa Thaler
Vanesa ThalerSydney

Fight left 14 hours earlier with no notification

I had a ticket to return from Buenos Aires to sydney (vía Auckland) on the 22!nd of November 2018 and when I went to check in 24 hours before, my flight was marked as departed on the app. I called and was told that my flight was moved and for some reason I didn’t receive a notification. I had to stay an extra day in Buenos Aires before returning home.... not sure how that could happen

William S
William SCanberra

Nothing amazing

Air New Zealand Great Virgin Australia disappointing

I have always been very impressed with air New Zealand but on a recent trip to Gold Coast our return flight although booked with AirNz was on Virgin Airlines. Although we apparently paid the same fare as other economy passengers we were given seats 12E and 12F which unfortunately were not able to recline. When the person in front reclined his seat to the max I was left with very little leg space . When we asked the staff for help we were told sorry they don't go back and spent a very uncomfortable trip home. If this is the case surely these should be sold at a budget price.

rollopost
rollopostPerth, WA

on time, premium prices but discount offering

plan on time but if your travel agent (i.e. corporate travellers) booked economy, you get economy - no food,, no inflight entertainment, just water. And watch out if you bring sporting equipment, this is not like Qantas you need to pay first or you will pay big time

Its OK However OK in business is not OK

brettj
brettjAU

Generally good, but Skycouch not worth the expense

International Airlines

Find out how Air New Zealand compares to other International Airlines

Loris55
Loris55Brisbane

Economy - Brisbane to Vancouver

k8y_g
k8y_g

OK

we had a return flight from perth to welntn with a stop in auck. i had my 18 mnth daughter and requested a meal, to find she got jars of baby food which she would not eat and the staff were rude and helpful, the conecting flight was great. we then call end requested a kids meal for her on the return back.but she got nothing. the on board staff were helpful and gave me extra but it was dissapointing.
entertainment, food and drinks, helpful staff
the dont make a flight with kids easy

Jay V
Jay VSydney, NSW

OK

Travel Christchrich - Sydney. Plane is old and small but OK. Staffs were old and chatty but did their job well. New Zealand's wine served onboard was quite good. Entertainment TV/Video onboard were good. Onground service were bad, not friendly. Should give 2.5 point.
National airline carrier of New Zealand!
Average service both onground and onboard. Not competitive ticket price.

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang
johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet
Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.