Air New Zealand

• In-Flight Entertainment
Leslie D.
Leslie D.

Great Service comfortable flight

Melbourne to Auckland flight. Booked online via Air NZ app, easy and efficient.

I was a bit worried as I’d had some recent upgrades to business on Emirates. But all was pretty comfy for cattle class.

Check in was quick and easy the self service system works well with. O queues.

Meals was ok, better than a recent Qantas flight. Staff service was pretty good. I had a blocked nose and one if the attendants got me a cup with civjsand hot water in it to clear me head for the descent. Very kind. Luggage collection was quite smooth. My Seay was acceptable for economy.all in all trouble free flying.

Kathryn
KathrynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Five star experience

We booked skycouch for my son and Me and regular economy seat for my husband. Long haul Melbourne to NY. The flight from Mel to Auk canceled but they informed us 12 hours earlier and we didn’t have any problem to get the connection from Auk to Houston. Skycouch was very helpful, food is ok, flight crews were excellent.same as return flight. Air New Zealand got connecting flights with united airlines. Here comes the story. The plane to took us to NY left because of 1 hr of checking process and they asked us to catch the last flight of the day which took us in New Jersey airport instead

Ammiy
AmmiySydney

Good service

Service was good, food was good.
Booked kids meal for daughter and she liked it.
Was able to prebook seats.

Aud
AudPerth

Hifly!

Great airline usually - but don’t like their use of ‘hifly’! Paid for premium economy on dreamliner and now advised on ‘hifly’ flight... no premium economy .. and below standard online reviews about ‘hifly’. Cancelled booking. Dissappointing!

Jake
JakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Baggage from Brisbane to Sao Paulo

We have flown with Air New Zealand on several occasions across the Tasman and to the United States. The customer service is consistently first class – Air New Zealand is an exceptional company.
It should be noted that their economy fares into South America only offer one piece of checked baggage, which is
less than the standard two pieces by other airlines.

Boarding aircraft

Today we completed another of our many trips from Palmerston North to Auckland with air New Zealand can you provide a decent disembarking ramp in Auckland it would be more user friendly otherwise we are happy customers .

Don Keba
Don KebaGreenwich, NSW

GOOD AIRLINE, NICE COUNTRY

Arrived back yesterday from NZ after looking for plastics suppliers and manufacturers for 4 days.
I've never been to NZ or flown Air New Zealand business class before and I was very impressed.
Great food and refreshments with excellent service from check-in to landing back home.
NZ is a wonderful place to do business plus the scenery is awesome, for what I saw.
I see a few unhappy reviews and sometimes things go wrong, usually at the agent end mostly, unless you go to China where everything goes wrong.
I hope to get the chance to fly Air New Zealand again and recommend them.

TheTrue
TheTrueAdelaide

You get what you pay for.

I had a flight to LA from Adelaide, SA with one stop-over in Auckland, NZ on the way in 2013. Air NZ had friendly staff and it was a smooth flight on the way there and return. On the way to the USA I had a family with a heap of young kids behind which annoyed me but that is not the airline's fault. One thing that was frustrating is that the seats do not go back far enough to try and get some sleep, also if the person in front of you puts their seat back it gives you barely any room to move. But it's exactly the kind of thing you would expect with their low prices. Would definitely fly with them again though.

Mark G. C
Mark G. CSydney

Great value Premium Economy!

Since my company is allow premium economy on business trips, I have been trying different airlines on my trips to the US. Two months ago I tried Air New Zealand for the first time from Sydney to LA and it was surprisingly nice. There are only 6 seats across a row in 2-2-2 configuration which means if you are never in the center seat. There are plenty of privacy with excellent service. And their "Space Seats" are really well designed. Really unique. All in all, highly recommended, especially for those that fly on premium economy. Only reason for 4 star is on the final leg (from Aukland to Sydney) the flight was delayed for 90 minutes due to mechanical issues and that's on a older plane.

jenjenz
jenjenz

Love Air New Zealand!

We travel a couple times a year back to NZ and Air New Zealand is definitely my favourite airline.

Hardly ever delayed, never lost our luggage (touch wood) and pleasant staff.

It is however frustrating when you have booked a Air New Zealand flight, and they change it to a Virgin. I know the companies are owned together, and everything should be of the same level but it's really not.

The safety movie shown before flights

Travelled to Australia and back last week and really don't like the new cartoon type movie demonstrating the safety procedures. Why on earth do we have to have it with American accents and corny jokes? We have such excellent producers of movies here that surely we could have something that reflects our own country. Why have ridiculous jokes if you expect people to take the safety message seriously?
Didn't like anything about the safety movie BUT the NZ Quiz questions are a great way to while away the time on flights.

blueboy11
blueboy11South Australia

Good

Flew from Adelaide to Auckland A320 and then Premium Economy on to LA 747 in September 2010!
Flew back via San Francisco Premium Economy 777!
I would have to say both seats would have to be the most uncomfortable, hardest seat I'll every had on a plane!!
Even the A320 economy seats were better!!
Good airlines but they need to replace those very bad seats!!
Great service! On time! Food was o'k.
Great leg room!
Premium Economy seats very hard!
Premium Economy seats should be alot better for the price you pay!
Many of the TV monitors had no colour!

chriswiecek
chriswiecek

Good Basic Service

Flight booked well in advance of holiday. Accommodation etc then booked then Air NZ changed our flights. This cost us extra in accomodation and hire car costs (more than the flights). Staff at airports fine, flight attendants fine
Good friendly service
Airline changing its flight times

klc
klcAU

Good

I've flown an number of times with Air Nz and I have yet to have a bad experience. The crew are always friendly and welcoming.. and available, which on long haul flights is sometimes a big ask. I flew with Air NZ from London to Christchirch with 2 children under 4 and I recommend the service unreservedly. Gien the choice I would always fligh Air NZ but for short flights ( between AU and NZ for example) I go with price.
professional cabin crew
more expensive

Becardo
BecardoAU

Most spacious economy class room on a long-haul flight

Marionasked

Hello, we are flying from Sydney to Rarotonga via Air New Zealand. The flight is at 9.30 pm. I was wondering what meal is served. I purchased an economy with the works ticket. Thank you.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why ask the public?

Marion

Because the public is very knowledgeable. P.S. This question is over a year old.

johnlang
johnlangasked

If you have a complaint about the airline who should you send it to? I was told flightcomment@airnz.co.nz by a groundstaff manager but no anwer yet

The Y-man
The Y-man

According to their website:

Skivet
Skivetasked

Recently flew Gold Coast to Houston premium economy. The first leg was Gold Coast to Auckland works delux. I was 1 D and 1F was an expectant mother with toddler who she promptly sat in the reserved spare seat between us.wondering what is airnz policy on this situation? I would not go works delux again if there was a chance of this happening again.

Emily

The free seat is fair game - airlines generally like to accomodate parents with lap toddlers by offering spare seats if they can. Trust me, your experience would've truly been absolutely awful if that baby was forces to stay in poor mum's arms the whole time (hello temper tantrums!) She didn't break any rules. In other words - get over yourself and have a little compassion, it's survival mode in the air. For goodness sakes the poor woman was pregnant and flying a toddler without help! She deserves a medal!

Dymo
Dymo

Emily is wrong. It is a guaranteed empty seat so that you have a bit more room. It is not for a toddler. It should never have been used and is not 'fair game'. You don't pay extra to have a toddler seated next to you. It is Emily who feels entitled and needs to get over herself.