Airtasker

Airtasker Questions & Answers (page 2 of 6)

Listing monitored by Airtasker

106 questions from our users

Marco Dasked

my account got restricted yesterday morning until I verified my identity.. which I did within half an hour of receiving the request.. and did so successfully.. yet still almost 36 hours later, my account is still restricted??? I replied immediately after successful verification asking for reinstatement of my account yet still no reply??? I've since completed over 30 tasks with only 5 star reviews, bar one 4 star review, I now rely on airtasker as a full-time source of income, please help

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Marco, thanks for raising this. User accounts may get restricted if a user is found to be in serious breach of the Community Guidelines (https://www.airtasker.com/community-guidelines/). Breaches of the guidelines include creation of duplicate accounts. If you need further assistance or clarification on the matter, please get back to our support team so they can assist.

Marco D

Hi, It's not a duplicate account??? I successfully verified my identity over 2 days ago??? I sent you about half a dozen messages over the past 2 days and still haven't gotten a reply yet??? what's taking you so long to get back to me???

Saad
Saad

You won’t get reply back their system put your email in spam/trash and it’s going straight to there not reaching to them

Alicia
Aliciaasked

Hi, I have completed 2 tasks and both posters have released payment on the spot - they showed it to me however on my account it is still saying “awaiting payment”. It’s been few days since I completed the task, request payment, and poster released payment - but it is still not “completed” on my end. Is there an error for this? I sent email about the case but still no reply ID#2773708

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Alicia, sorry to hear you haven't received payment for your tasks. For tasks where the payment was successfully released by the Poster, the task page should show the task status as Completed. I see you've already reached out to our Support team about the matter. They should get in touch with you soon, usually within 24-48 hours.

Lachlan hasked

Hi I have got my account locked how do I fix this ..this is my only income

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Lachlan, thanks for reaching out!

We only restrict users if they are not following the community guidelines. For info on our policy, see here: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/115014761427-I-m-an-Airtasker-what-happens-if-I-breach-Community-Guidelines

If you haven't already, you can reach out to us at support@airtasker.com so we can assist you accordingly.

Can this be fixed

Darren B.
Darren B.asked

Hi, I have sent you an email (ID #2702189) after the tasker had not completed the tasker has damaged the oven and bbqs. Can someone please contact me over this matter and explain how I claim for the damage. I contacted airtasker immediately after the tasker left on the 11 July

Darryl
Darryl

Call you insurance

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Darren, we're sorry to hear you had this experience.

We always try to respond to emails as quickly as we can, and usually this is within 24 hours. We’re sorry you’ve been waiting to hear from us for a long time. If you haven't received a response by end of today please send a new message to support@airtasker.com and so we can follow up for you.

Greenhol
Greenhol

Hi

I am waiting for a refund from 10 days ago, why can't I talk to someone directly?

Wiser Now
Wiser Nowasked

Do both the poster and the airtasker pay fees? A fellow responded to my post and said I need to pay 22% service fee. Is this standard? Also is it possible to leave a negative review on your site or only positive?

AJA
AJA

There is a service fee charged on every task. This is paid by the tasker. Some taskers aren't willing to absorb that cost, so they charge a higher price, so that their income isn't affected.

With the reviews, are you referring to the reviews left on people's profiles about the work they complete?

Ausies12
Ausies12

I posted a job and I had to pay a booking fee... This was the last time i will use Airtasker again !!!!!

Morag McHugh
Morag McHughasked

Money has been paid to Airtasker from my account however I have not ordered any task ??? Please explain

Hi Morag,

Sorry to hear that you see an unknown charge on your account.

Generally, funds are taken from your account if a task is assigned. It is then held securely in Airtasker pay which can be released by Posters once the task is complete. If you don't recall using Airtasker recently, please contact our support team through support@airtasker.com for assistance.

To facilitate their review of the matter, kindly include the date & amount of the unknown charge and the statement description which are available in your bank statement. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Ali
Aliasked

A tasker damaged my bed while assembling. They used power tools excessively which caused the MDF panels to split. They claim that it was already like that but I know that there was no damage prior to starting the assembly. Now they are requesting payment.

How do I get reimbursed for the damage caused by the airtasker?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Ali, we're sorry to hear you had this experience with the Tasker you assigned.

While the Taskers on Airtasker are independent contractors, if things haven't gone to plan with a task, the Airtasker Support Team will help where they can. If you haven't already, please provide the details of what happened by visiting this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

Sarah S.
Sarah S.asked

Can I ask the trade person questions before I accept the quote

Hi Sarah,

Prior to assigning the task, you can communicate with the Tasker via the comments section to ask for more information such as clarifying the scope of their offer.

The comment section is a good space to confirm details about the task and the Tasker’s offer, which sets you up for success later in the task. You can learn more about this here: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360020701892-How-to-communicate-well-on-Airtasker

hnr
hnrasked

I have got my account limited and Airtasker is my source of income. I learned from my mistake, but I am really stressed now if I am unable to assign any tasks. What should I do to convince them to grant my account back? I also made a promise I am ok to get suspended forever if I made the same mistake in the future.

Their support seems taking a bit longer to get back (1-2 business days) .

Lachlan h

Me too how can I fix this please

Hayley S.
Hayley S.asked

Hi, Im trying to communicate however we cant share details. It keep saying 'content moderated'??

Hideo
Hideo

Airtasker will moderate or censor anything it thinks is an attempt at contacting each other before agreeing on an offer.

Matt M.asked

Hi! I have the same problem. Airtasker limited my account by a mistake ive done and i didnt know partially offer is against the guidelines. I offered gor the carpet cleaning and in the questions lady asked if i do the pest control too. I said yes and we can talk about it in person if you like or i can increase the bid here. She said in person. Then ive received an email from Airtasker that my account has been limited for 12 months. I already sent them an email and apologized and told themill make sure it wont happen in the future, but no respond. Im stressed now as because of this Covid19 i dont have enough business to support my wife and little boy. What should i do? 12 months is really not fair for something like that:(

Ross

I would assume the worst and consider air tasker a lost cause. In my opinion, I would do letter box leaflet handouts offering 'discount' carpet cleaning in your area and try get more bookings that way. I am a motor mechanic in northmead in the same problem, I need to attract more jobs and air tasker has not really helped, it's more trouble than profit.
Good luck though, I'll mention to anyone i know that i know someone keen to do some carpet cleaning.

Ps. How much do you charge to clean 3 average bedroom carpets, a 2 piece fabric lounge and an armchair? (Northmead suburb)

Matt M.

Hi Ross, thanks for your support mate. Yes i can not really digest it that they limited my account for 12 months. Im truly sorry, but im based in Brisbane so i cant do that for you. Again i really appreciate your support

Oh sht. Im in Sydney, damn

Bec W.asked

My account got restricted and I really need my account because I’m out of a job due to Covid 19. It’s my only way to make money so I’m very stressed!
How long will it be restricted for and is there any chance they could lift the restriction?

Cleber
Cleber

Hi Bec,
I have never had this problem before,but I believe should not take too long.
Did you try to get in touch with them?

Bec W.

Yes thank you! They gave me access back! I’ll be more careful in future!

AndyD
AndyDasked

Got a email saying my access has been restricted, not sure why? Is this permanent? when I try to write a comment or a offer it says 'temporary limited' so how long??

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Andy, apologies for the confusion. We would like to check this for you. With this, please contact our support team who are the best people to help and confirm the timeframe of the restriction placed by responding through the email sent. Hope this helps.

karin h.
karin h.asked

Hi, we had an Aircon installed 2 months ago. It is not cooling properly. What's the warranty period for airtasker jobs?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Karin, thanks for your query. Once a task has been completed and the Poster releases payment, this serves as a confirmation that the task has been completed to requirements, hence, the task contract ends.

Airtasker's role is to serve as a platform enabling users to post tasks and other users to make offers on those tasks. Except for liability in relation to any Non-excludable Condition, the Airtasker Service is provided on an "as is" basis, and without any warranty or condition, express or implied.

As the Tasker is an independent service provider, they may provide a certain type of warranty for work done. You may consider contacting the Tasker directly about the matter. If you need further assistance, please get in touch with our support team via support.airtasker.com.

Hilda B.
Hilda B.asked

Hello.

I just wanna know if a student visa who has worked or has a TFN job already can still work in airtasker?
What if,she or he has already 20 hrs a week job?
Can he or she still be an airtasker t?
Pls respond.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Hilda, thanks for your interest in Airtasker! All Taskers must be legally entitled to perform the task. To learn more about Airtasker's "account eligibility", you may visit this link: https://www.airtasker.com/community-guidelines/

As for your question about your work limitations, you may contact the relevant authorities to ensure that you are getting the right answer

Teddingtonasked

Why does AirTasker not allow us to block individuals? Tonight I’ve had someone who is clearly deranged spamming my listing, and abusing me and anyone else who had quoted or asked a question on the listing. Reporting each individual comment so a bot may or may not eventually review it is not a workable solution. The only way I have to stop them commenting is to assign the task, but I am still waiting on information from AirTaskers so it’s not reasonable I should be forced into a quick decision because of one person abusing your platform. What possible reason is there for not allowing one account to simply block another account if you do not wish to do business with them? Wouldn’t it save a lot of moderation on AirTasker’s part? And keep the platform safe and comfortable for users who want to use your business as intended? Honestly, if something like this happens again, I would just use Facebook or another online Trade hire service, as it’s been a nightmare to use today due to one person. It would be a real shame to have to walk away from AirTasker as it’s a great concept and I’ve used it many times for jobs to get done. But if I can’t feel safe or use it without copping hours of ceaseless abuse then it’s not for me. Just let users block and save yourself a tonne of work on reports and support.

Teddington

My suggestion, offer two types of blocking feature.

1. Block someone from a particular listing (eg I don’t want to use this AirTasker for this task and don’t wish for them to comment or view details)

2. Permanent block. (eg I wish to no longer have any interaction with this user. I don’t want to see any of their listings or for them to see any of mine)

That would reduce AirTasker’s need to receive the majority of reports for spam or harassment. It would keep all users feeling safe and comfortable. It would allow a certain amount of self-moderation. And would resolve issues such as spamming.

Miss Helpful
Miss Helpful

In the help section I found community guidelines and contact us. Good luck in solving your problem.

Teddington

Thanks, but neither of those sections help as they don’t respond straight away. The harassment and spam was during a live posting so it takes over the post. An immediate block would have resolved the issue but the platform doesn’t have that option. Waiting days for a reply to a support query defeats the purpose. Thanks anyway

Boris Yasminskyasked

Hi Airtasker. I have to agree with Brendan j about the transparency of fees. As Brendan j states, the fees payable by the person seeking a tasker are not once spelt out before the final click to assign the job. This is very misleading and I'm sure it leads to some disputes amongst the two parties. If I assign a job that has been quoted @ $220, that's what I should pay, and not find my credit card has been deducted around $240. You are not playing the game fairly Airtasker !.

nissacow

Yup, in all they now deduct 33% of monies paid for ANY task. That's why soo many Taskers now put in minimum $5 and pay in cash. Given how ARBITRARY Airtasker is in enforcing its guidelines MOST habitual offenders get away with it.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Boris, we have introduced a booking fee which is a small amount charged to Posters when they assign their task. It allows us to spread costs across the marketplace to make way for beneficial features. It also helps us grow on big projects and aims to lower fees within the marketplace.

The booking fee will appear at the Payments page when you accept an offer and assign the task. This includes a breakdown of the task and the booking fee.

You can learn more about the booking fee in this help centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360031769372-What-is-the-booking-fee-

Boris Yasminsky

Thanks for the reply, however as I said previously, you are not playing the game fairly.

Kim
Kimasked

Hi Airtasker
I was assigned a job today.. clean 'wreckage' after kids had party.
on arrival the clean up had mostly been done. no real wreckage.
Their mum flew home from her holiday. My services were not really needed.
The poster has offered me part payment.. however i feel for her. if i suggest she cancels the task will it effect my rating?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Kim, thanks for your query. Generally, if a user submits a task cancellation request, the other party will be notified to confirm the cancellation. At that point, the other party will have the opportunity to agree or disagree with the task cancellation reason, and both will be given the opportunity to provide their perspective on the cancellation. The cancellation will be attributed by the system accordingly based on the reasons provided by both parties.

You just have to make sure that the reason for the cancellation is correct and there is clear documentation for the cancellation in Airtasker private messages between yourself and the other user. If you believe a cancellation should not be marked against you, please send us an email via support.airtasker.com so our dedicated support team can review.

Svetlana P.asked

Why do you refuse to provide any proofs and evidences where I breached your rules?
I need evidences and proofs from you. Do you understand, Airtasker?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi, Svetlana. We take trust and integrity in the marketplace very seriously. Users who are found to be in breach of the community guidelines may have their accounts restricted. If you have further queries regarding the status of your account, you may get back in touch with our support team via support.airtasker.com.

Dear Airtasker,
I am Svetlana P. on your site. You restricted my account without providing any proofs and evidences of breaching your rules by me. Your Support Team refused to contact me and to provide any evidences. [Name Removed] from Airtasker Support Team restricted my account and refused to contact me and provide any evidences. This attitude is very rude and unprofessional. If you are taking everything very seriously you must let me use my account on Airtasker and bring your apologies to me for the restriction of my account without any proofs and evidences where I breached the community guidelines.

Eric T

Absolute misuse of power.
Airtasker lacks transparency, logic and understanding.
There support staff is in Philippines & they don't understand how Australian laws work. They love to threaten restrictions & make u work like a dog to rack in there astronomical commission 22%. It's just plain greed!

I'm consulting legal representation against airtasker. If anyone else like to support my quest, please let me know...

Airtasker shouldn't be allowed to misuse their powers & get away with this...

Svetlana P.asked

Hi Airtasker,
I am still waiting from you any proofs and evidences why did you restrict my account.
Nasty, rude, acting unprofessionally. One of the worse website in Australia!

Eric T

I've done over 1000 completed task with 100% completion rate. I take great pride in my work...
Did a job & got conned by a tasker & didn't get paid by them, wrote to support at airtasker & they restricted my account & decided to continue to restrict my account access & then restricted my fellow colleagues account...

There simply isn't any point trying to reason with them, because there response is always robot generated replies without clear investigations and logic or reasoning...

So frustrating. Just a matter of time, I'll get a good corporate legal representation against airtasker & teach them what their community guidelines is really worth...

nissacow

Happy to help Eric.. Currently my database base is 615 screen captures of their hypocrisy

michaeal c.
michaeal c.

I'm also waiting to get paid I must admit I put the wrong account number originally when I set up I was curious to see why I was getting paid they assured via email it has been paid. I went to bank and they seen it bounced bank to them you would think that air tasker will send me a email saying that not I have put my correct bank details in a d they assured me it will be in my account within 3 days guess what been over a week and nothing. Also blocked my account as well.

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites