Airtasker

Airtasker Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

Listing monitored by Airtasker

106 questions from our users

RLFasked

I would like to know how long it takes to get help from Airtasker support. I have left numerous emails asking for support on a job I completed 5 days ago. I suspect the poster is using a stolen card as he has posted similar jobs under different names. If it is found that the card is stolen after the money is secure, do Airtasker still honour payment to the tasker. You state below that you are using the airtasker fee of 20 per cent to resolve issues. But so far have not received any feedback. Do I go to the police with my suspicions? I have a photo of the poster. Has anyone been in this position be for?. Need all the help I can get. RLF

Ricky F.

Sorry cant help with ur question

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that you feel our support team has not met your expectations as we understand that you're following up on payment for your completed task.

Generally, new queries are being handled within the day and depending on the nature of the issue, it may take a few days to finalise. Be assured that we will be doing a follow-up to the relevant team handling your concern.

Airtasker encourages all users to be aware of features on the platform to assist them in making informed choices to secure the best possible experience while using the platform. Feel free to check our help centre article for some tips:

Hope this helps.

Svetlana P.

YOU ARE LIARS, LIARS, LIARS!

Stockton Boyasked

Can I work for other people if I work on Airtasker or can I only work for Airtasker?

Ricky F.

People post up jobs they need doing and you make an offer within their allocated balance. Though airtasker do take a small fee

Stockton Boy

Thanks Ricky F, what I want to know is if I do jobs on Airtasker am I legally bound to work for only them?
Stockton Boy.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thanks for your query. Taskers on the platform are individual contractors and are not employees of Airtasker. You have complete control over the hours you wish to spend doing tasks. Feel free to check out our handy explainer here: https://www.airtasker.com/earn-money/

RLFasked

I was just wondering if Airtasker have sent a message saying that I could go ahead with a task and that the funds were secured, what happens if the credit card is stolen. Are airtasker responsible to still pay the funds to the tasker who has completed the task or does the tasker not get ther money? I

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch.

When a Poster assigns a Tasker, the funds are immediately debited from the Poster's account and is held in Airtasker Pay, our safe and secure payment system. Since the funds are already secured, you will be able to receive payment when the Poster releases the funds from the escrow account.

Hi Airtasker

Its nice to know that money is secure, but my second question to you is why have none of my emails been returned with help in releasing my money for task completed. I have followed all guidelines that you suggest in your help section to no avail. I have also reported poster as a suspected on credit card fraud. No reply for this either. Tell me what time frame should be your response when we need your help. Really disappointed. Rlf

Svetlana P.

Nasty, rude, acting unprofessionally. One of the worsed website in Australia!

Red Caboose
Red Cabooseasked

Hi There

I posted a task for $60 to hang a mirror. I accepted the offer and Airtasker too the funds from my account immediately. The person did not show up or reply to messages.

It seems unfair that I now have to wait for 2 business days for the person to accept my cancellation request and then up to 7 business days for the funds to get back into my account. I don't think I'll be pre-paying for a service through air tasker again knowing that my funds can be tied u for 2 weeks due to a no show.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, we're sorry to hear the Tasker you assigned didn't show up. When a payment return is processed for a cancelled task, the funds are immediately released from Airtasker. Our payments are processed by a secure third party called Stripe and due to processing times between Stripe and your bank, the payment may take 3-5 business days to arrive in your nominated account.

You can learn more about the payment return process in this help centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/221269248-How-long-will-my-refund-take-

Svetlana P.

YOU ARE LIARS, LIARS, LIARS!
Nasty, rude, acting unprofessionally. One of the worsted website in Australia!
I am still waiting from you any proofs and evidences why did you restrict my account.

Sonaasked

I posted my address and it was deleted. How do i communicate with the Person. Is it that i have to accept and only then can communicate privately.

Nik Vukoja
Nik Vukoja

Yes, you have to accept /be accepted and only then can you share personal info like email, phone, address.

Sona

After i meet the person and im not happy with his quote.Can i cancel him .will i be charged for it.Can i click accept for 2 persons quote and decide.Im totally confused now.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Sona, Airtasker does not allow you to share private contact details in any public areas of the site, in order to protect your safety and security and to prevent spam. Once you have assigned a Tasker to your task, you will be able to provide your address and contact details through Airtasker Private Messages.

We have put together some tips to help you choose the right Tasker for your task: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/200956050-How-do-I-choose-the-right-Tasker-for-my-task-

j94us2000
j94us2000asked

Discrepancies in Airtasker reviews. Upon close examination of all the 5 star reviews left for my (soon to be) cleaner I discovered some of them for a different person or names and some for interstate or country jobs. Are some people gaining the system?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. If you noticed another user has different names in their reviews, they may have other people helping them with tasks.

When you assign someone to your task, it should be that person who does your task. Your assigned Tasker can bring a helper or send someone else on their behalf, but only if you agree to it and they should ask you about this beforehand.

You can learn more about this through this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/224996728-What-is-subcontracting

North Brisbane
North Brisbane

It's a rort. I know of one person who writes his own reviews and sends them to the Poster. Asks them to post the review THAT HE WROTE. Once, the poster just copied and pasted the whole review, including the date and time it was sent obviously via some sort of messenger app. It's a ridiculous system. The fact that people can even post a task for $5 so that someone can leave a good review on their business etc online is absolute rort also.

nissacow

TRUE that .. I have seen same.

Business mostly gain the system (in order to qualify for reduced fees 20 down to 8) mainly by subcontracting. There are Tasker review sites out there where 8 differently NAMED people have turned up in lieu of the Tasker listed and their accounts are STILL operational. Despite Airtasker purporting the Tasker MUST attend/person replacing them has own account. EXTREMELY arbitrary to whom they enforce their guidelines.

Arshasked

Hi
I had posted a task and cancelled later due to doggy mechanic
Now 100$ is in my account as airtasker credit
I need my money back
Can u please help me how can i get the money back?
I dont want to use airtasker in future
Its not a good platform for me
Please help me

shirali b.
shirali b.

just email airtasker and tell them what happened they should able to help you return your money...

Arsh

I have tried to contact using Airtasker app with ‘Contact us’ 4 times and no reply received. All they say is that we have received your message and will reply if required.
Went to google to find a phone of Airtasker NSW and it is not responding
I dont know where and how to contact them?
Which email address to write to or where to call? If someone can help?
100$ is sitting in ‘Not released yet’ inside the app. And i dont want to use this app.
Looks like non-professional people scamming n ripping off peoples money using this app.

C I.
C I.

You would have received an email advising you of the credit reply fto that email and request a refund back to your account.

Sophiethea
Sophietheaasked

I posted a task and accepted a tasker but he was unable to attend to the task, Airtasker refunded my payment ($750) as Airtasker credits. I've used some but definitely not all, how do i tell how much i have left?

Wendy McCabe
Wendy McCabe

Go into your profile and there is a button says "Airtasker credit" try that

chris
chris

It was their error and you should get your money back as cash or via your acct not as Airtasker credits.
I can’t believe they are giving your money back as credits!!

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear the Tasker you assigned canceled your task. When an assigned task is cancelled, your payment may be returned as Airtasker credit so you can re-post your task without having to wait for a refund to process.

You can check your credit balance by logging into your Airtasker account and clicking on "payment methods".

If you have some credit remaining and you would prefer to have the payment returned to your credit card, you just need to send a quick reply to the cancellation email and we will be happy to do this for you.

If you need any help or can't see the email, please send an email to support@airtasker.com so our dedicated team can assist.

Weiwei
Weiweiasked

Hi,
I posted a task which has since expired and I would like to allocate the task to someone who offered their services on the expired post, however I can’t see the offers anymore. How do I retrieve this?

Sherilyn
Sherilyn

Unfortunately since the offer expires the offers are lost. Airtasker don’t warn the poster (an area for improvement). As a Tasker who has submitted an offer I would contact the poster with a reminder to extend the due date or assign the task. That’s because I’m organised and proactive!!

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Weiwei, when you post a Task, the task due date you select will determine when the task expires. If the deadline passes and you have not assigned a Tasker, your task will be removed from the tasks feed.

If you still need the task done, you can repost it to find yourself a Tasker. To do this, follow the below steps:

1. Log in to Airtasker and go to My Tasks.
2. Click on the task that you want to repost.
3. Select the drop down menu that says More Options.
4. Select Post a Similar Task.

Your task will then be copied into a new listing and you can make any changes you like before posting. Be sure to check that the date and location are still correct.

prestonsGirl52
prestonsGirl52

I don’t want credit :( I will not be using your services ever again, just refund my $200 please.

Ranyasked

who does fencing

need approx. 60 metres side & back fence

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Rany, thanks for your question.

Post your task at www.airtasker.com and Taskers can then offer their services for fencing from there.

If you haven't used Airtasker before, please check out our handy explainer on how it works: https://www.airtasker.com/how-it-works/

If you have any questions or need a hand, please send an email to support@airtasker.com so we can assist.

Robyn G.asked

I am wondering why I am being treated so poorly by the staff at the help center for a task that I know has been completed but the poster is threatening to call the police and cancel the task without paying. It's extremely stressful and I am being made out to be the one causing trouble! I am being accused of lying and of possibly damaging the items to be handed over, none of which is true.

Hi Robyn,
We're sorry you feel you are being unfairly targeted. The Airtasker team are here to help mediate communication between the Tasker and Poster as required. We take all complaints onboard and then complete an investigation before making decisions regarding the complaint. If you feel you are being treated unfairly by another member of the Airtasker community please reach out to Airtasker support at support@airtasker.com and they can help.

Robyn G.

Bit late. I lost access to my account due to cancelling tasks because of anxiety/ptsd issues, so no matter what I said, my feelings or concerns were completely ignored . It seems all Airtasker cares about is the experience for posters, not tasters like myself who are trying to supplement their piffling govt incomes with actual work. This is unfair predjudice to say the least and if anything has done little to improve my situation

nissacow

TRUE that Robyn... In mine, and several other Taskers experience, Airtasker has LOST ALL OF ITS INTEGRITY in pursuit of profit. Just click on $5 tasks and though they purport FAIR pricing they actually DONT support it in the race-2-the-bottom they have become :-(

Peterasked

I need a reply from Airtasker support about what's happening with my account so we can end that silly & strisful situation !!! They don't reply & ignore my queries for so long now !!! How that can be any professional !!?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Peter, if your account was limited for breaching the Community Guidelines, it is done by the Marketplace Operations team. Their role is to keep the marketplace safe and rewarding for everyone.

If you don’t agree with the reason for limitation, you can make an appeal simply by responding to the email sent to you by the Marketplace Operations team.

If you have already sent an email to support@airtasker.com you should hear from our dedicated team soon. We always reply to enquiries as soon as possible and usually, this will be within 24 hours.

Peter

Katherine from AT support team Sent me the last email on 22nd of March informing me that the restriction is for 1 month until 15th of April then up till now I had my account restricted still & received no email since the 22nd March ... I sent so many requests with no single reply !!!!! What shall I do now in order to get a reply from Airtasker????
P.s there was no reason mentioned for the restriction anyways

Peterasked

To Airtasker
Hope u the understand how stressful my situation is I got no income for more than a month , the restriction as per Airtasker last email ends 15th of April ...why no one reply to my query to explain anything , I am I getting my account active again or is it deleted permanently ? I don’t understand anything what’s happening can u please reply ? I am so stressed and I need to have income ... please reply

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Peter, if your account has been restricted and you believe the restriction should have ended, please send an email to support@airtasker.com so our dedicated team can assist you.

For more information on this, please check out this Help Centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360018794372-My-account-has-been-limited-but-I-disagree-what-do-I-do-

Peter

Of coarse I already sent many emails Since 15th April got no reply ... How do I contact Airtasker !!!!

nissacow

SINCERELY Peter, they DONT care. And it appears these COWBOYS are accountable to NO other entity but themselves

Garth J.
Garth J.asked

I have been trying for 3 Days to log into my account. I have emailed support numerous times and all I get told is to "clear my cookies" - from support center that obviously does not have a clue. Rubbish

The issue is I request a Password Reset, I am told an email will be sent, but no email arrives. Checked Junk etc.
I have been in IT for 37+ years, I know what I'm doing.

I need to accept jobs and pay people, You have my money in your account.
I need to post new jobs, and I simply cannot get back in ??!!

Airtasker Support is an absolute Joke. !! I make it clar in my emails what is wrong, and I get told, try a new web browser and clear the cookies. NO NO NO !! It is a Password Reset issue, my Password is not being recognized.

Just get someone who understands and fix that damn thing PLEASE !!!

Sag. S
Sag. Sasked

hi, I am an international student in sydney and studying. Can I perform airtasker task? Or will there be legal action against me?

Hi Sag,
Anyone over the legal age of 18 is able to create an Airtasker account and start bidding on tasks/ posting tasks. However, our terms and conditions state that you need to have a legal right to work in Australia. You may wish to check if your visa allows you to work as an independent contractor and how many hours you are allowed to work. If you wish to find out more information regarding our terms and conditions please see the following link: https://www.airtasker.com/terms/

nissacow

Or under the age of 18, if through subcontracting through anothers account or simply lying about their age...

Alex L.
Alex L.asked

Is there any contact number I have had an issue with a job , have requested a refund and was sent a generic email with no help is there anyway I can call someone's and get this sorted .

Hi Alex,
We are sorry to hear you have recently had an issue with your Airtasker task. Airtasker is an online based platform we do not currently offer phone support. If you email support@airtasker one of our friendly support team members will endeavour to reply to you within 24 hours.

Gray
Grayasked

this problem I have is with a certain airtasker. As we both are mechanics we both probably get the same alerts when jobs get posted. Now as the way it goes this certain tasked constantly tries to persuade the posters to assign him the task which is fine by me. But once he / she doesn't get assigned all of a sudden they must report every comment and my account either gets suspended or comments get moderated. Now, I know the rules I know not to breach guidelines and so I'm careful. Still my account gets restricted comments lost and so on. I ask directly to airtasker to show me exactly where I have breached rules and get no answer. This tasked is by far the most frustrating human scumbag around. I could stoop to there level report the crap out of them but I know im the better person and don't bother. Airtasker need to check these comments themselves instead of using app bots

Teddington
Teddington

It’s crazy they don’t just allow the function to block accounts. That way you could quote / comment without having to deal with people like that. I’ve had a lunatic spamming and harassing my listing all night, attacking me as well as anyone who quoted / commented. It’s ridiculous that I can’t say thanks but no thanks I don’t want to do business with you and block them. All I can do is report them and maybe eventually a bot will review.... no help to me at all.

Seems blocking feature would help your issue and mine. Can’t understand why they wouldn’t offer it?

Baris Y.
Baris Y.asked

Ok so I've been using Airtasker for a while now. Never had any issues until before Christmas. I done multiple jobs that i haven't been paid for during this time my account was blocked for something petty. Ive tried contacting customer support and they keep telling me its paid. Also around the same time a task I agreed to do and was agreed to pay in advance to manufacture the products wasn't received so I wasn't able to install the products when i spoke to the customer he said he paid and i received notification that payment was released however i never received it so i think he made a complaint this also limited my account I'm not sure if these are the reasons I never got payed or whats going on. I ended up paying from my pocket to get the materials to complete his job incase that was the reason but still haven't got paid. What's going on?

Hi Baris,
Sorry to hear you are having problems receiving payments from your Airtasker account. As you have received a notification saying that the payment has been release it may still be processing through to your account. Payments can take between 2 - 5 working days to be seen in your account depending on the time of day and the bank we are transferring to. This is due to the confirmation from the Poster needing to be sent to Stripe (third party payment provided) and then processed into your account. If you would like more information please see link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/205276334-When-will-I-get-paid-

If you are still not receiving any payments after five working days please get in touch with our support team at support@airtasker.com and they can look into it further for you.

Kateasked

I posted a task on Airtasker and accepted a tradesman's offer to quote on the job. When the tasker assessed what was needed we decided it wasn't a workable solution. I wanted him to rehang French doors so they would open out rather than in. I hadn't realised the frame and door jamb wouldn't allow this and so I'm opting now for new doors. I cancelled the task and the tradesman accepted the cancellation; however I did not get a notification from Airtasker that the job was cancelled by both of us and after a week I don't know where my money is. I went onto the site yesterday and saw they money may be in my account as a credit, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I sent a message to the Airtasker HelpCentre to ask how what I need to do so that they can release the funds back to my account, but I have not heard back. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what it resolved or was the money forfeited? I'm in Australia. Thanks,
Kathryn

Hey Kathryn,

You are correct that when the task is cancelled the money may have been returned to your account as a credit. I'm not sure where you have checked, but ordinarily, you can see if a credit has been applied to your Airtasker account by checking the payment methods section on the app or website.

In the meantime, if you would prefer to have the payment returned to your credit card, you just need to send a quick reply to the cancellation email or email and we will be happy to do this for you.
Please see the following link for more information: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/221269248-How-long-will-my-refund-take-

If you need any help or can't see the email, please send an email to support@airtasker.com so our dedicated team can assist with 24 hours of receiving the email.

Kate

I did not receive a cancellation email, even though when I look on my account I see that I cancelled it and the Tasker accepted the cancellation. I have sent many emails to Airtasker but have had no reply. It has been 13 days now that I have been trying to arrange a refund. Why don't you just process it now.
This is a fraudulent joke. I wish I could get hold of lots of people's money to use as my own without paying interest.
Just refund my money, please.

Kate

Also, I have sent over five emails to support@airtasker.com and have received no reply nor even an acknowledgment of my request.

OscarP
OscarPasked

For some reason when I put in the address area in which I am looking for tasks, it gives me everything from WA to VIC when I am based in Brisbane. Can anyone tell me how to correct this so only the tasks in my area show up - thank you

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, on the Airtasker website you can browse tasks by suburb and you can adjust the amount of KM's you are willing to travel. If you adjust the KM's and are still seeing suburbs further away please send a screenshot to support@airtasker.com and we can have a look into it for you.

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites