Airtasker

Airtasker Questions & Answers (page 4 of 6)

Listing monitored by Airtasker

106 questions from our users

Rosemary Nasked

You claimed that your service fee is to cover insurance. Can you provide a summary of how much claims you have paid out of far. Pretty sure this should be published to ensure transparency ie like insurance companies. Or else, I think you just take money and never pay claims. And time to call royal commission.

Rosemary N

Annual report of claim payment by trade or states should be provided on the website

Lana O
Lana Oasked

Did you remove the call function through the app? I've had some bad experiences with posters abusing my personal contact information after assigning me the task, so I prefer to communicate solely through the app, however, the call function seems to have gone missing.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Lana, thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we no longer offer the option to call other members through the app.

When you are assigned to a task, you can send a private message to the Poster to start organising the logistics of the task by confirming things such as the specific time, location and requirements.

If you prefer not to exchange your personal contact information with other members, there is no obligation for you to do so. In fact, we recommend that where possible, you keep discussions about the task on the Airtasker platform, as this is helpful for us in case anything doesn't go to plan.

For more information on how to communicate well on Airtasker, please see the following link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/360020701892-How-to-communicate-well-on-Airtasker

Sherief R.
Sherief R.

"Airtasker's role is to provide an open marketplace which connects people who want to outsource tasks with Taskers who are ready to work and earn income." - their exact words- but don't expect them to allow any phone conversations to happen between both groups.
Like most people, exchange numbers once you've assigned the task and agreed to work together.

Tanu R
Tanu Rasked

is airtasker safe for young adults? as i am conscious about the safety of this service? and will i be allowed to bring a friend along if i feel unsafe?

Hi Tanu,

Thank you for your question!

Airtaskers role is to provide an open online marketplace and we only permit individuals over 18 years of age to become Users.

All Posters and Taskers are independent parties with free member accounts who engage directly in task contracts. To help you choose the right Poster or Tasker, we have several resources available. You can view the reviews from previous tasks on their account, as well as their completion rate. We also have verification badges which show if we have verified someone's ID or if they have done a police check. If you’d like to clarify any details with a specific user, you can ask them questions in the comments section. Please only be aware not to share your private contact details before the task has been assigned.

You can bring a friend with you if you like, just be sure to communicate with the other member and discuss this first. Also, always ensure that the other person you bring also has an Airtasker account and you are always present on any tasks you undertake.

For more information, please see the following link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/202402894-I-m-doing-tasks-What-are-some-safety-tips-I-should-follow-

Yasemin B
Yasemin Basked

Just wondering if people sometimes request jobs to have fun with offers. There are some that makes no sense at all. Such as
Rubbish to be taken to the dump, $150
How many trips to be made I wonder and after asking questions, you don't get a reply with most.
Bond cleaning a 1 bedroom unit for $350 !!!???
How much of that bond will you get back after paying that much to get it cleaned.
I am new to the sight and have been sending offers , never got a response yet. Just wondering if it's all honest posts that's all.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Yasemin, thank you for getting in touch! Airtasker’s role is to provide an open online marketplace and both Poster and Taskers are independent parties with free member accounts.

The budget entered by the Poster does not restrict how much you can offer to do a task for. We understand that sometimes it can be difficult for Posters to know how much their task will cost, so we have a number of price guides to help align expectations, and you can find these here: https://www.airtasker.com/price-guide/

The public comments section on a task is also there so you can ask for more details or clear up any confusion about the task.

We're always working on improving to provide the best possible outcomes for the marketplace and the Airtasker company as a whole. If you have any suggestions, please get in touch at stayopen@airtasker.com

JGLSasked

You've taken my money for a job meant to be done today that has fallen through and the guy wants to do it next week but said 10 am is too late for him and he'd be halfway through his day. I am trying to cater to his inability to come today, the promised day, and an old lady, my foster child and my own daughter and suggested a different time but he now won't respond. Meanwhile you're getting interest on my $ and I am unsure what to do. I also don't agree with you holding money in credit on Airtasker, that means you gets heaps of interest when people may only want one or two jobs done in a long while - and yes, we can ask for it back but it seems, from what i've read, that that's v fiddley. So, can you help me here? Not sure what to do? Do i cancel the job and state tasker failed to turn up etc? And how do i get my money back, not held in credit by you? being a pensioner, i need that money more than you I think.

JGLS

PS: Also, when one writes to your support email, we don't get a ticket number or proof we've sent it at all. as it doesn't even go thru the "sent" section of one's own email, and there's nothing on airtasker to show a message has been sent to you guys. It might be a good idea that you provide receipts or ticket numbers for queries and emails sent to you. Since the above query, I've received an email saying my money will take five days to get back to me so I will rate and comment when I see that happen, hopefully positively (not your fault the guy did not follow through). It was my first experience with AT and a terrible one.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear that the Tasker you assigned didn't turn up and wasn't responsive.

When you assign a Tasker to your task, the payment is captured at this time and held securely with Airtasker Pay until you agree that the task was completed.

If you need to cancel the task, your payment may be returned as Airtasker Credit which you can use right away for your next task and you are sent an email about this. If you would prefer to have your payment returned to your bank account, you just need to send a quick reply to the cancellation email and we will be happy to do this for you.

For more information on this, please check out this help centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/221269248-How-long-will-my-refund-take-

If you need any help or can't see the email, please contact support@airtasker.com so our team can assist.

JGLS

Thank you. For all interested parties, I was refunded into my bank account within three days and was suitably impressed. My issue was the fear of losing those funds given other feedbacks, but my experience has been pretty good.

Kasun
Kasunasked

My account has been blocked because i logged to my account from my wife's mobile due to battery failure in my phone. So I want to have digital card verification by post office. I have my passport and police check. They ask keypass or aged proof card. I went to vicroads and apply for aged proof card. It takes 20 days to have. So I have to complete some tasks in tomorrow and near future. Is there any way to proof my verification. Please help me to active my account?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Kasun, thank you for getting in touch!

If your account has been flagged as requiring ID verification and you are having trouble completing this, please send an email to support@airtasker.com. Our dedicated support team will be happy to assist you where they can.

Clare H.
Clare H.

We have been waiting over two weeks for resolution of the same matter and s reply to one of our multiple emails on the matter. Ridiculous.

chris
chrisasked

Brendan from Air tanker completed a job for me and the doors he installed have fallen apart already how do I write a review on him?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Chris, we're sorry to hear this.

When a task is completed on Airtasker you have the option to leave a review for the other party. This is a two-way system where members can leave valuable feedback for each other.

If you'd like to leave a review for a task, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Log into Airtasker.

2. Go to the task page.

3. Press on 'Leave a review', choose the star rating and leave a review comment.

Please note that all reviews must follow our review guidelines and must be posted within 14 days of the task completion.

You can learn more about how to leave a review here: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/115010267547-How-do-I-leave-a-review-for-this-Poster-

helen j silk
helen j silkasked

How do I find my job I advettised

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Helen, to view a Task you posted on Airtasker, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to our website www.airtasker.com and log in to your account.
2. Click on the 'My Tasks' tab.

You should be able to view the task you posted here.

If you have any other questions or need help, please send an email to support@airtasker.com so our team can assist.

Peter Megarhiotis
Peter Megarhiotisasked

Why does it take so long to get My money back refund?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Peter, thank you for getting in touch!

When a task is cancelled, your payment may be returned as Airtasker Credit which you can use right away for your next task.

Our payments are processed by a third party payment provider called Stripe and due to processing times between Stripe and your bank, the payment may take 3-5 business days to arrive in your nominated account.

For more information, please see the following link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/221269248-How-long-will-my-refund-take-

If you need any help or can't see the cancellation email, please contact support@airtasker.com so our dedicated team can assist.

Karen

Because that's the way they roll..What company doesn't have a phone number or customer service?..AIRTASKER

Rahul
Rahulasked

hi team, can someone from AT contact me urgently please? thanks

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Rahul, thank you for reaching out. Please send an email to support@airtasker.com and outline your query. Our dedicated support team will be happy to assist you.

Conner winter
Conner winterasked

I completed a task, and the payment has not been released, the tasker is attempting to cancel the job, how will this be resolved?

Good luck airtasker don’t care about anyone to be honest. It will take days. Better to message the tasker/poster yourself to get the job done as I had to battle them for a refund that was needed and then 5 days later I get a reply from airtasker when I’d already sorted it. I’ve saved all paper trail from them and abou to go visit current affair.

Eric T
Eric T

Airtasker is a joke. I'm currently pursuing legal action against them. Their service is atrocious.
They've held over 10 completed task currently. Still haven't received it & no email response.

Donna Spittles
Donna Spittles

See if you can get proof you completed the job such as photos, email, text messages etc. and then approach airtasker about it

Namrata S
Namrata Sasked

Hi
I am new to Airtasker, looking for some painting and handyman services. I would need the taskers visit the property once and give me a quote first. I need to choose a tasker once I have received the quotes. My question is I can only get in touch with a tasker via private message once I assign the task? How about if I accept the offers from 3 people or assign to 3 people but would finally only choose one person. what happens to the other accepted offers in that case?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Namrata, thank you for getting in touch! When you accept an offer, your payment is held securely with Airtasker Pay until the task is complete.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Namrata, thank you for getting in touch! You can only send private messages once your task has been assigned. This allows you to exchange contact details with the other member and arrange finer details about the task.

Private messages are not available before a task has been assigned, however, all members can ask questions and respond in the public comments section.

You should only accept a Tasker's offer if you are sure that you want them to complete your task. When you accept an offer, your payment for the Task will be captured at this time and held securely with Airtasker Pay until the task is complete.

For more information on how Airtasker works, please see the following link: https://www.airtasker.com/how-it-works/

If you have any questions or need assistance, please send an email to support@airtasker.com and our team will be happy to help.

Karen

Place your request on here and that way you can post your email as well.

Lyn
Lynasked

Hi if the job been lock in for the specific amount and you send the agreed amount to airtasker and hold it temp, if the person who will do the job will ask for deposit and half to be paid on the spot after finishing the job, is the legit
Are they allowed to receive money in cash?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Lyn, thank you for getting in touch!

When you assign a Tasker to your task, the payment is captured and held securely in Airtasker Pay until the task is complete. You should only release the payment to the Tasker once you are satisfied that the task has been completed to your requirements. Cash payments are not supported on the Airtasker platform.

For more information on this, please see the following link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/224861347-Payment-Community-Guidelines-for-Taskers-

If you have further questions or need any help, please send an email to support@airtasker.com so our team can assist.

bellair
bellairasked

how to report 'fradulant' airtasker account holders who are just fronts to farm work overseas.. I mean they are not even in the country.. at some stage as an overseas student they created the account and the account is now managed by several others..
this is particularly risky for unsuspecting posters who assign 'online tasks' sharing login details giving full access to their websites/ecommerce site.. only to later find out that they person (account holder) is just a front.. who has hand balled the task to others ( ~ saying it is the team.. who are anonymous and unidentifiable)

At first glance the account holder 'has glowing reviews and completion rates' but once assigned.. the poster is faced with the reality.

what is Airtasker's stance on this matter?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thank you for getting in touch! If you believe a Tasker is fraudulent or you see any tasks posted on Airtasker which don't fit within the Community Guidelines (or anything else that makes you feel uncomfortable), you're able to report it to the Customer Support Team.

To report a Tasker, click on their name to go to their public profile. On the left-hand side, underneath their name and location, click "Report this member" and you will be prompted to fill in some information and then submit the report.

Alternatively, you can send an email to our team, support@airtasker.com so we can assist you. For information on how to report a task, please see the following link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/200835274-How-can-I-report-an-inappropriate-task-or-comment-

john
john

Looks like the AIrtasker Official has missed the mark on answering a direct question on
1 How to report the 'tasker' and not necessarily the 'task'... and
2 Will Airtasker shut down these fraudulent accounts?

Jacky
Jacky

Airtasker’s dispute resolution is a joke. There needs to be regulation as to how this company operates. They take your money and they hold onto it as long as possible. They don’t disclose how much cut they make for each task you post. I found out from the Airtasker who accepted the job and complained about how much money the Airtasker company takes and how little he gets so he wanted more money than what was agreed.
When you have a dispute and you can only do it via email as no one wants to confront the issue and talk to you about it. The email response takes 24 hours and it only seems to get responded early hours of the morning which suggests it’s being dealt by someone overseas. So there is no one is Australia to deal with the issue. APPALLING. BEWARE. Government needs to get involved and fix this.

Kaz
Kazasked

How to get out of an impossible task without it affecting completion rate?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Kaz, thanks for the question. If you're finding the task is not as expected and need to cancel, you can do so and contact us to ask about the effect on your completion rate. Email support@airtasker.com and our team can help.

rinshedal
rinshedal

There's no way to cancel and not have your account affected. Airtaskers imposes sanctions on your account for cancelled task.

Ann
Annasked

Hi I posted the day before haven't heard back from gentleman I chose and don't want to pay money to airtasker for a job not done. What if I need more doing it sounds a bit dodgy paying before?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Ann, thanks for reaching out. If you haven't heard back from the Tasker yet, we'd encourage you to get in touch with our support team by emailing support@airtasker.com. We can then help you come to a resolution. If the task hasn't been completed and you need to cancel, the funds will be returned to your account.

happyfeet
happyfeetasked

What to do if I offered to do a job, and then when I get to the Make Offer section find that the Poster only wants to pay $20 for 8.5 hours work?
How do I withdraw my offer to help them and my comments?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thanks for your question. You can withdraw your offer if it hasn't yet been accepted. At the moment, we don't have the option to remove your comment, however, you can contact our team to do this for you if you'd like. If the offer has been accepted, you will need to lodge a task cancellation request. It sounds like you wouldn't be responsible for the task being cancelled in this case, so please be sure to select the correct reason so the cancellation does not effect your completion rate. If you need to reach our team for assistance on this at any point, please contact support@airtasker.com

nissacow
nissacow

Be wary... If YOU cancel the task for whatever reasonable issue it will affect YOUR completion rate ...

Dustinasked

What do I I do if a Tasker hasn’t completed the task and has damaged things in the process, and is expecting full payment?

Eldho K
Eldho K

Don’t release the payment for a bad job. Through airtasker you can only leave negative review for the tasker. Dispute resolution process can be found here-

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Dustin - Eldho is right, we have a dispute resolution process (at the link they included) to help towards a positive and fair outcome for the task. It's important that you not release the funds if the task has not been completed - get in touch with us by emailing support@airtasker.com so we can assist with negotiating an outcome between you and the Tasker.

Dustin

The Tasker is expecting money and doesn’t want me to leave a review..
How dodgy is that..?
I have an experienced carpenter coming over tonight to have a look at the damaged doors x3 out of the 4 doors are damaged and they cost $170 each

Awaz
Awazasked

Hi how can i get back my money assigned air tasker?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Awaz, please contact support@airtasker.com to help you out with any outstanding payments

jeevac
jeevac

I tried this and was asked to become a member of a different website and demand the money from them..Don't even think of Airtasker you will lose your money as they demand payment in advance and won't make a refund .They direct you to various websites and ask you to become a member on these sites.I have lost $150 I paid in advance the person assigned the job accepted the job and stopped communicating .I think airtasker must have stooges to respond and stop communicating so airtasker can refuse to refund the money.

Davo
Davoasked

Cancelled task two weeks ago. No funds returned from Airtasker. Have emailed support@airtasker.com several times just to receive their generic response.

How do they not have an office or a call centre? Any suggestions on how I escalate this situation?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Davo, thanks for reaching out. When a task is cancelled, you may receive the funds back as a credit to your Airtasker account. If you want to receive a return to your payment method instead, please let us know in a reply email to support@airtasker.com. Every refund request we receive is handled by a human support agent and will be actioned as soon as possible.

Susieb
Susieb

Same thing with me.

JGLS

If this is your issue you can go direct to your bank and make a claim against AT and the debit made from your account or credit card. I've not experienced this and am waiting on my money to be refunded (I will wait till next Friday) from my AT account. I don't want it sitting there (they are probably gaining interest and i'm on a pension and need my $). I'm sure your bank would organise your money back to you but so far I have not had anyone direct me to other people or other "sign ups", just been told my money will be returned to my bank within a week. To be fair, that is about the right time for returns of funds (though three days is more usual).

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites