Airtasker
See the Best Trades Comparison Websites in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Airtasker

Tera Z.
Tera Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be careful to choose taskers

pengua2
pengua2Sydney, NSW

It’s excellent but fees are too high.

Fees way too high! Should be no charge for person advertising job! Makes earnings & cost unrealistic, generates too much friction between both & person doing job then pushes for more money.

Joe
JoeSydney

They don't care about clients

Posted a task,got a couple of offers,contacted person with SUPPOSEDLY best reviews (SHONK)must've had friends and relos write reviews. Anyway I bought and cut to size, square galvanised metal tubes,which I need to be welded together to make a manual press..agreed on time for tasker to pick up materials from my house, complete the job and return to me..but didn't hear from him since he picked them up.would not answer my calls or messages,privately or through the airtasker app...complained to airtasker (help)but they have done nothing to rectify the problem..apart from cancelling the task.

In other words..they have THIEVES as taskers..DO NOT TRUST

ANDREW
ANDREWGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Platform but expensive to use

This platform is really good. There are a couple of problems. They take away too much money 25%. The other thing is as a videographer we can’t post videos to show our clients.

Nan Z.
Nan Z.Sydney, NSW

EXPENSIVE !!!

Wanted to accept an offer of $130 and found out the poster will be charged 10%. All in all, from this $130 job, Airtaskers is gonna make over $40's profit. Besides the high service fee, the worst part is you, as a poster, only found it out when you were ready to accept an offer, after spending time posting the job and communicating with contractors, although they market their services being free to posters.

I will avoid using it as much as I can.

Ben
BenPerth, WA

Seriously flawed system

Used it to get a quote but the tradie cant even attend site to check masure without me awarding the job and placing about 4k in trust with airtasker. What if the samples dont match my expectation? Hipages is way better. The tradies pays for the lead and quotes and you have each others contact. Apparently tradies pay 22% comission on airtasker. Pretty extortionate and no way to verify specifics before comitting. Who though this up?

Wayne 59
Wayne 59Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unexpected costs for booking

Airtasker FAQs state “posting a task is free”, but be aware - BOOKING a task will cost you 10% of the task cost - up to $24.90AUD.
I didn’t see this mentioned when posting on the site, certainly nowhere obvious. It’s in the FAQs, but it took me some time to find it. It is not mentioned when submitting the task, nor when entering payment details.
Also, the task cost is deducted when a quote is accepted - possibly well before the task is complete.
Communication was very good when I queried this, but I would have expected this to be made obvious during the posting process.

Daniel Vo
Daniel VoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fees are too high.

Their fees are too high.
Airtasker now charges on both posters and assignees...
For a task that is more than a few hundred dollars, it gonna be their maximum fee from the posters plus 20% of the assignees. It comes up with 25-30% in general...

Sam79
Sam79South East Queensland, QLD

Airtasker is Dangerous - Be Cautious

Glenn
GlennMurray Region, NSW

Selection criteria.

I used Hannah to do a complicated localgovernment selection criteria and cover letter. She did a fantastic job in such a short time l appreciated what she did. I give her 5 stars

Kristoffer
KristofferGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Without Airtasker, we won’t kick start our marketing.

We struggle on getting clients on our own. With Airtasker, everything seems magic. Everything is super simple and easy to use. Love the way they connect posters and service providers.

MLB removes tragicVictoria

They took my money

Posted a task,was told by my brother,structurally it can’t be done. I cancelled the task but airtasker had taken4241.90 Cents out. They have not responded to my requests for it back. So much for saying they don’t take money till job completed.

megafoxfae
megafoxfaePerth, WA

Harrowing experience

I advertised for some light cleaning in my house, the person who arrived was late, high on drugs, didn't complete the assigned tasks and I felt very very uncomfortable.
All I can say is be extremely careful with who you pick to do tasks on this app.

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a waste of a day and my time!!! Never again Airscammer!!!

Filled with Con-Idiot Taskers

Posted my first job after registering - Had a response by a Tasker an idiot of a human ! unsure why product review doesn't allow to name these Con-Taskers to warn other posters . I have de activated my account not worth a penny to spend on the quality of taskers listed here ...

Pure rubbish the Taskers know each other and bully given a chance ! They try to pass on their fees to posters seperate to the bid price ! Morons that is your investment to do business via Airtasker platform

Angela S.
Angela S.asked

Adding credit card - Too many requests. Please try again later

BarrySumpter
BarrySumpterasked

I'd like to hire and airtasker.
I'd like the airtasker to pickup and pay for items he needs for the task.
Is there a way I can pay the airtasker for the items thru airtasker either before or after the task
WITHOUT airtasker taking a percentage of the cost of the items?

Christopher O.
Christopher O.

Well no, I think that Airtasker is a broad plat form, that needs that percentage of money, to offer, all of there extra services, and you would simply pay, after the task is complete, for no confusion regarding payment, re job completion you see, thus task done, here's your money, I'm happy, and so am I, good reviews, better percentage, great, done. You may need to Have set some money aside, re task of a percentage regarding them to be able to start a job, if there, down on there economy, side of things, in order to get it up and running, but than you run the risk of possibly losing the initial.
Regards Chris O.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Barry, thanks for your query. Payment for materials and other purchases on behalf of the Poster can be reimbursed directly by Posters and are not to be added to the task price. You can let the Tasker know that payment is needed upon pickup of the item. You can then arrange to reimburse them when they deliver the item to you. Please also remember to release payment for the task on the platform only after the job has been completed.

For more information about payments on Airtasker, please see:

Hope this helps!

Wanderer
Wandererasked

I have just "deactivated" my account on Airtasker, to use their term. Can Airtasker assure me that this means my credit card has been deleted?
Ron

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, so that our dedicated support team can assist you, please send us a request by visiting this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

They will respond as quickly as they can and typically within 24 hours.

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites