Airtasker

Airtasker (page 2 of 481)

4.4 from 9,615 reviews

• User Type
    • I posted a job (799)
    • I did work for someone (503)
    • I only browsed the website / app (128)

A good way to earn some cash

I have been working or taking tasks with Airtasker for a couple of weeks now. It is a great way to earn some cash without committing to a long term job. Easy to accept a task and I get paid straight away.

Amanda M

Amanda MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Airtasker Support has been unresponsive for 2 weeks

Miss C

Miss CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Payments could be faster.

When completing jobs I find of it's a small amount the money is processed within 24 hours in my account. The larger amounts take 2 to 3 days, I'm not sure why that happens.

Great!!

Great application!!! Will always use it, anytime i get the chance, im on it. Meet great people, do work to new people, and get work done from great people.
Thanks for a convenient app!!

[name removed] AVOID
Was all keen to quote, arranged a time, he didn’t turn up, no further communication from him. I asked are you still coming, no response!
Please AVOID [name removed], he will waste your time.
Try one flare airtasker is rubbish!

Cam.kQueensland

5 star app but minus 2 stars for high fees

Great 5 star app I love it, the excessively high fees I don’t love. Happy to pay a fee just not 22% as we work so hard to lose that

suranga k.

suranga k.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great help

Its very helpful to find some extra money. Good service to the community. People can find the best out of best service professionals . And good pathway to build up a new business as well .

jess

jess

great place to find odd jobs

great place to find odd jobs of all different kinds! simple and easy to use, easy to sign up, not too complicated you can get started instantly.
fees on bronze users are abit high though

Absolutely horrible business model

Do not book if you are in serious need.
I book movers through their website and all booking confirmation was done. My account’s holding deposit was taken. On the day of moving(I was under super time constraint) the movers did not show up. I had so much trouble finding another company..it was a nightmare! Horrible company! Horrible business model!

The worst part is they don’t allow you to share phone number on the chat to confirm and speak with people, making it easier for job takers to screw around.

No don’t risk your valuable time with these people.

Angelica M.

Angelica M.South East Queensland, QLD

Been used them three times, will never use it again

First time, I got someone to fix my sink and toilet, payment went through the next day but the toilet was broken again in few days. Last week I hired a girl to setup the venue for me on my wedding day. She didn't show up that morning and kept lying that she was on the way. She cancelled the job right after and I can't even leave a bad review for her. Its my wedding day after all. AirTasker is full of irresponsible people and do not let you to point it out, thats why everyone got good reviews. DO NOT USE IT!!!!

Poor coustomer service

I asked a guy in comment to inbox his details which obviously ment to accept the offer and inbox it to me then but they restricted my account I have been sending them emails after e mail but did not get any appropriate reply one e mail a day is not enough plz have a better support team who understand English

Efficient and effective

This platform is great for searching for tasks and the management between posters and taskers - I have found it easy to use and a very efficient way of communicating with posters

Miss HelpfulSydney, NSW

Not easy to follow

Glad I could help.

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

Too much competition

Posters want to pay minimum amount for maximum finish. If Airtasker fee is lower it would help a lot. Too many taskers take on task almost next to nothing. Cheers

Janette K

Janette KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Easy process to join and seek jobs. I would recommend to friends. It would be nice to see new jobs and highlight the ones that interest you and then come back and apply afterwards.

Aaron F.

Aaron F.South West, WA

Not bad fees suck

Not bad but not great as Airtasker scab a fair percentage, better off just doing jobs advertised on local buy swap sell type of Facebook pages and Facebook labour hire groups

Randolph

RandolphHobart, TAS

Excellent app to earn extra income.

The app is easy to use and navigate. The community and environment is also safe to make transaction. Excellent app to earn extra income and or look for specific someone to do a job I need to accomplish.

Dave S.

Dave S.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Payment

Payment could be faster. But work was really good and client was great good to deal with. The whole process from start to finish was really easy to navigate and organise

Awesome Business Boost.

Airtasker is a great way to improve and get extra work plus promote your business to more people. I don't have a my complaints as of yet. Great job well done.

Ana

Ana

Pleased

A reliable platform that pay mutual respect and is quick in make payment assuring to taskers like me peace of mind and a willingness to keep searching for new tasks.

karin h.

karin h.asked

Hi, we had an Aircon installed 2 months ago. It is not cooling properly. What's the warranty period for airtasker jobs?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Karin, thanks for your query. Once a task has been completed and the Poster releases payment, this serves as a confirmation that the task has been completed to requirements, hence, the task contract ends.

Airtasker's role is to serve as a platform enabling users to post tasks and other users to make offers on those tasks. Except for liability in relation to any Non-excludable Condition, the Airtasker Service is provided on an "as is" basis, and without any warranty or condition, express or implied.

As the Tasker is an independent service provider, they may provide a certain type of warranty for work done. You may consider contacting the Tasker directly about the matter. If you need further assistance, please get in touch with our support team via support.airtasker.com.

Hilda B.

Hilda B.asked

Hello.

I just wanna know if a student visa who has worked or has a TFN job already can still work in airtasker?
What if,she or he has already 20 hrs a week job?
Can he or she still be an airtasker t?
Pls respond.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Hilda, thanks for your interest in Airtasker! All Taskers must be legally entitled to perform the task. To learn more about Airtasker's "account eligibility", you may visit this link: https://www.airtasker.com/community-guidelines/

As for your question about your work limitations, you may contact the relevant authorities to ensure that you are getting the right answer

Teddingtonasked

Why does AirTasker not allow us to block individuals? Tonight I’ve had someone who is clearly deranged spamming my listing, and abusing me and anyone else who had quoted or asked a question on the listing. Reporting each individual comment so a bot may or may not eventually review it is not a workable solution. The only way I have to stop them commenting is to assign the task, but I am still waiting on information from AirTaskers so it’s not reasonable I should be forced into a quick decision because of one person abusing your platform. What possible reason is there for not allowing one account to simply block another account if you do not wish to do business with them? Wouldn’t it save a lot of moderation on AirTasker’s part? And keep the platform safe and comfortable for users who want to use your business as intended? Honestly, if something like this happens again, I would just use Facebook or another online Trade hire service, as it’s been a nightmare to use today due to one person. It would be a real shame to have to walk away from AirTasker as it’s a great concept and I’ve used it many times for jobs to get done. But if I can’t feel safe or use it without copping hours of ceaseless abuse then it’s not for me. Just let users block and save yourself a tonne of work on reports and support.

Teddington

My suggestion, offer two types of blocking feature.

1. Block someone from a particular listing (eg I don’t want to use this AirTasker for this task and don’t wish for them to comment or view details)

2. Permanent block. (eg I wish to no longer have any interaction with this user. I don’t want to see any of their listings or for them to see any of mine)

That would reduce AirTasker’s need to receive the majority of reports for spam or harassment. It would keep all users feeling safe and comfortable. It would allow a certain amount of self-moderation. And would resolve issues such as spamming.

Miss Helpful

In the help section I found community guidelines and contact us. Good luck in solving your problem.

Teddington

Thanks, but neither of those sections help as they don’t respond straight away. The harassment and spam was during a live posting so it takes over the post. An immediate block would have resolved the issue but the platform doesn’t have that option. Waiting days for a reply to a support query defeats the purpose. Thanks anyway

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites