Airtasker
See the Best Trades Comparison Websites in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Airtasker

Underpayment and bottom feeding is getting worse, fees have become too high. Platform is trying to be too many things

Sunshine2021
Sunshine2021
Ben
BenPerth, WA

Seriously flawed system

Used it to get a quote but the tradie cant even attend site to check masure without me awarding the job and placing about 4k in trust with airtasker. What if the samples dont match my expectation? Hipages is way better. The tradies pays for the lead and quotes and you have each others contact. Apparently tradies pay 22% comission on airtasker. Pretty extortionate and no way to verify specifics before comitting. Who though this up?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Bad experience no loyalty for good worker

I was using Airtasker for a couple of months and that support my business,
Then suddenly they restricted my account as they mention I have another account but I didn't.
I try to contact Airtasker support. one of the guys was very helpful and help me with that.
Then after two days, they restricted my account again for the same reason.
My. The completion rate was very high 95% and my rank was platinum and all my reviews is 5 stars.
I was earning well for me and Airtasker.
But that Disappointed me after build a good reputation and reviews. They take all things and restrict me.

Islam
Islam

megafoxfae
megafoxfaePerth, WA

Harrowing experience

I advertised for some light cleaning in my house, the person who arrived was late, high on drugs, didn't complete the assigned tasks and I felt very very uncomfortable.
All I can say is be extremely careful with who you pick to do tasks on this app.

Find out how Airtasker compares to other Trades Comparison Websites

fees to much, poor communication links

People don’t describe the job properly and I quote with the best description they gave and ask them questions, but they always find it easier to text/call. You quote the job but always end up needing to buy extra materials because they have poorly explained it then you get taxed heaps by air tasker and loose money.

KellyPerth, WA

Rip off for the customers. I’m only using it for the referrals to get work.. certainly wouldn’t recommend to friends.

Kelly

No proper due diligence being done on taskers.

Never ever transact money directly with the tasker for material purchase, etc. The most Airtasker can do is provide their contact details and that’s it. They don’t have a proper system in place to check the background of the tasker even if they have committed multiple offences. Not all taskers are bad but one is enough to bring down the reputation of Airtasker. So be vigilant.

Hafeez A.
Hafeez A.

Airtasker gets too much money from out hard work

Too much fees from our hard earned money. 30% Of all our Payment is just ridiculous! I did a task for $50 but only gut paid $39 because airtasker decided to get $11 off my hard earned money. I’m never using Airtasker again!

RIPMelbourne

Airtasker rip off

Robbie H.
Robbie H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No pay

I found getting jobs was ok but airtasker failed to pay me . They said it's my account number but it's all correct .... this isn't good for business. Please pay me !!!

NooHunter Region, NSW

When placing an add don't bother setting a budget

Twice now I've tried airtasker, both times people contacted me offering to charge me triple the price. I thought $45 was a reasonable offer to have an oven picked up and dropped off, job would take less than a hr, people wanted $150. Same thing today, need a tile replaced on the roof, 15 min job, prepared to pay $50 people again wanting $150. Either people need to be reasonable or Airtasker needs to cut their rates as people tell me they need to cover Airtaskers 22% take.

Veli S.

Don’t give them access to your credit card

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Veli, thanks for raising this. When assigning the task, on the Payment page, a Poster is shown a breakdown of the amount that will be charged. This includes the task price and the booking fee.

AWONG
AWONGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems interested only in making money and nothing else.

I am a freelance graphic designer and have used airtasker to get new clients on occassions. There are numerous users that steal work from other sites claiming them as their own work. When this is bought to the attention of the service team they have zero interest in conducting an investigation or reprimanding the user in question and I simply receive a template response and the user is allowed to use the site with no restrictions. However if someone posts contact info (so both parties are able to initiate contact without having the service fee deducted by the site) the moderation team is very quick to delete the content in question.

Tai
TaiSouth Australia

Charge fee too high

Should be less charge for the task. At the beginning, should let more people want to join the platform.i think the rate is too high. It was not really good

User TypeI did work for someone

They keep moderating my offers without me doing anything wrong.

I am a photographer; in the last few months Airtasker keeps moderating my offers and comments without me writing absolutely any personal info, no website, no number, literally nothing. This app is cool because there's a lot of work but they make it very difficult for us to communicate and show our work as they keep moderating content without any reason.

Angela S.
Angela S.asked

Adding credit card - Too many requests. Please try again later

BarrySumpter
BarrySumpterasked

I'd like to hire and airtasker.
I'd like the airtasker to pickup and pay for items he needs for the task.
Is there a way I can pay the airtasker for the items thru airtasker either before or after the task
WITHOUT airtasker taking a percentage of the cost of the items?

Christopher O.
Christopher O.

Well no, I think that Airtasker is a broad plat form, that needs that percentage of money, to offer, all of there extra services, and you would simply pay, after the task is complete, for no confusion regarding payment, re job completion you see, thus task done, here's your money, I'm happy, and so am I, good reviews, better percentage, great, done. You may need to Have set some money aside, re task of a percentage regarding them to be able to start a job, if there, down on there economy, side of things, in order to get it up and running, but than you run the risk of possibly losing the initial.
Regards Chris O.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Barry, thanks for your query. Payment for materials and other purchases on behalf of the Poster can be reimbursed directly by Posters and are not to be added to the task price. You can let the Tasker know that payment is needed upon pickup of the item. You can then arrange to reimburse them when they deliver the item to you. Please also remember to release payment for the task on the platform only after the job has been completed.

For more information about payments on Airtasker, please see:

Hope this helps!

Wanderer
Wandererasked

I have just "deactivated" my account on Airtasker, to use their term. Can Airtasker assure me that this means my credit card has been deleted?
Ron

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, so that our dedicated support team can assist you, please send us a request by visiting this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

They will respond as quickly as they can and typically within 24 hours.

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites