Airtasker
See the Best Trades Comparison Websites in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Airtasker

TimmyHaden
TimmyHadenVictoria

a bit confusing

I encounter bugs, such as an indicator that I have a request, yet when I click it I just get the last map I viewed? Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm exploring as a tasker or ...as a tasker? Am I advertising my skills or looking for skills? The interface appears unclear sometimes, and tracing alerts is not always easy. Plus knowing what is publicly displayed/private messaged isn't always obvious. Look below: "Which of the options below describes you?" You have to choose between "I did work for someone" and "I posted a job".... I did both, but I can't select both. Immediately i feel I am being compromised when i submit info

JennaK
JennaKPerth, WA

Not very user friendly but plenty of tasks to do

Great for getting extra work but the app and website could be more user friendly. The fee is on the high side too and the incentive to work more to have a lower fee is to earn $800, that is also rather high.

Adrian
AdrianSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but …..

Well I have to say it’s a great idea , but I am finding the app/ site a little hard to navigate as a tradie time is money, so spending excessive amounts of time trying to sort & submit for tasks and the percentage that you take is perhaps a little more than it should be

Brett C.
Brett C.South East Queensland, QLD

Handy service but far to expensive

Find out how Airtasker compares to other Trades Comparison Websites

Expenses fees and high competition resulting in well below average industry pay

If you're happy to take the hit on income to help advertise your business then airtasker can be useful.
Would not recommend long term. Far too expensive and too many non professionals working for less

ANDREW
ANDREWGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Platform but expensive to use

This platform is really good. There are a couple of problems. They take away too much money 25%. The other thing is as a videographer we can’t post videos to show our clients.

Commission is too high!

I like this app a lot but I find that the commission they’re asking for per job is ridiculous. Not worth doing little jobs some times as the commission just kills you wanting to do the job. If the commission was lower I think this app would be fair and reasonable.

Wayne 59
Wayne 59Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unexpected costs for booking

Airtasker FAQs state “posting a task is free”, but be aware - BOOKING a task will cost you 10% of the task cost - up to $24.90AUD.
I didn’t see this mentioned when posting on the site, certainly nowhere obvious. It’s in the FAQs, but it took me some time to find it. It is not mentioned when submitting the task, nor when entering payment details.
Also, the task cost is deducted when a quote is accepted - possibly well before the task is complete.
Communication was very good when I queried this, but I would have expected this to be made obvious during the posting process.

James
James South East Queensland, QLD

content moderated

Not happy my content gets moderated when I am only trying to get information to quote the job correctly you ask simple questions like size and put up photos is their a brand name and bang content moderated

BobDylan
BobDylanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It okay many flaws

AirTasker Review

Any profit over 10% is just greedy
Not only booking fees for customers but you charge the person who takes on the task at Like 17% over the top
Especially since it all online
PayPal only charge us 3% and look at all the security’s they offer
eBay only charges 13% and have recently changed PayPal integration forcing Extra 3%
It okay to use not my favourite like it doesn’t auto return my funds wants to create AirTasker points which expires
You can’t write review for the person if they don’t complete
It also charges ridiculous booking fee if they at fault

JamieIllawarra, NSW

Charge exorbitant fees for tasks

While Airtasker is a great idea & started off well enough, their fees have become exorbitant for what you get from that payment as a tasker. Their support team is also a 'support team' in name only. I have never found them to be supportive in any way, shape or form & have been with them from the very early days

Brendan F.
Brendan F.Far North Queensland, QLD

Good app, but the fee is too high

My fee was 60 which I took 46 , that’s a high percentage . On the low paid jobs you should take only a few dollars in my opinion. Also the notifications are hard to navigate on where you are in the conversation. The concept is very good though , just needs tweaking .

Find out how Airtasker compares to other Trades Comparison Websites

I think airtasker could do a better job to motivate people to complete the job.

Some people failed to show up after they accepted the job and most of they complained about the high commissioning fee. Airtasker should reduce the commissioning for the large amount task to motivate people to complete the job. 20-25% seems like it is too much.

Chan
ChanLithgow

It’s ok

It’s a great platform to get extra money and have work done, however they take way too much of the cut and then charge the person who is hiring as well.

jimgonesouth
jimgonesouthGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handy but not perfect and fees too high

Good way to find casual work but fee was high.40 dollars from a 180 dollar job. I get taxed at higher rate so not much left out of it for 5 hours work.Did one job but found generally people expect you to work for nothing. The gig economy not that great financially.

Angela S.
Angela S.asked

Adding credit card - Too many requests. Please try again later

BarrySumpter
BarrySumpterasked

I'd like to hire and airtasker.
I'd like the airtasker to pickup and pay for items he needs for the task.
Is there a way I can pay the airtasker for the items thru airtasker either before or after the task
WITHOUT airtasker taking a percentage of the cost of the items?

Christopher O.
Christopher O.

Well no, I think that Airtasker is a broad plat form, that needs that percentage of money, to offer, all of there extra services, and you would simply pay, after the task is complete, for no confusion regarding payment, re job completion you see, thus task done, here's your money, I'm happy, and so am I, good reviews, better percentage, great, done. You may need to Have set some money aside, re task of a percentage regarding them to be able to start a job, if there, down on there economy, side of things, in order to get it up and running, but than you run the risk of possibly losing the initial.
Regards Chris O.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Barry, thanks for your query. Payment for materials and other purchases on behalf of the Poster can be reimbursed directly by Posters and are not to be added to the task price. You can let the Tasker know that payment is needed upon pickup of the item. You can then arrange to reimburse them when they deliver the item to you. Please also remember to release payment for the task on the platform only after the job has been completed.

For more information about payments on Airtasker, please see:

Hope this helps!

Wanderer
Wandererasked

I have just "deactivated" my account on Airtasker, to use their term. Can Airtasker assure me that this means my credit card has been deleted?
Ron

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, so that our dedicated support team can assist you, please send us a request by visiting this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

They will respond as quickly as they can and typically within 24 hours.

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites