albumworks (page 2 of 3)

4.1

No longer functional

Having previously completed five photo books in the old format, I recent tried the new format and found it not to be user friendly with reduced options for formating pages. After four attempts at trying to create a new photo book I have given up in disgust and I will use another service provider.

PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Darkish photos

First time user of albumworks after using several other services. I found the photos to be too dark. I won’t be using the service again.

Peter

Thank you Albumworks. After some discussions with the people at Albumworks I was able to get a reprint free of charge. Much nicer result. Once again thanks.
Regards Peter Clark

happy with my result

I was sceptical after reading the reviews But I just got my book today and it turned out really good. I’m really happy with the result. None of the photos were out of place all the photos came out clear. Thank you

Sam

Sam

Worst Photo Book Ever!

I created 2 books with Albumworks, first and last time that I use them. The images do not look sharp and bright as they do when I took them. Some were taken on a beautiful sunny day and in the album book they look dark, almost like it was sunset time and it definitely wasn't. Some of these were taken at lunch time. The images no longer look sharp and bright. I am so disappointed to say the least. I tried contacting them but they did not respond. I will re-do them at K-Mart. No longer trust online photo sites now.

Mel Webb

Mel WebbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2nd time disappointment

Tim

TimAdelaide

Best Photo Book Ever!

I was sceptical about the quality of the pages and the whole process itself at first. I took some amazing photos with a high quality camera and was not 100% certain that the resolution would be right.
I was wrong.
The colours are vibrant, the pictures are exactly like that on my camera and to see them blown up on a two page spread was amazing!
I got this as a first year wedding anniversary for my wife, I know she will love it and so will everyone else that looks at it.
I will definitely create another book with Albumworks!

Mark T

Mark TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent as always

This is our 5 book, (but 1st one I have actually done myself), my wife is the expert.

As we have come to expect the support & service are excellent.

I had 2 technical issues but with help of them I was able to resolve with a simple telephone call.

The book is even better than I had thought.

They are not the cheapest on the market, but as they say "You get what you pay for" and it is well worth spending the little extra.

Mark T

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Mark, thanks very much for leaving a review.
We're thrilled to hear the final product exceeded your expectations! We hope you love sharing it with friends and family - enjoy!

Janice P

Janice PSydney

Good product, good service

I have made seven books using Albumworks and I have been very satisfied with the finished product. I used Microsoft for the first 5 and had no problem but now I have Apple Mac and had problems downloading and uploading but the support team were very helpful - thanks Micah, Clyde and Naomi. The Albumworks system is very user friendly and the delivery time exceptionally fast.
Janice Pearson

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Janice, thanks for your review. We're happy to hear our customer service team were able to lend some assistance when you needed it. We're always here to help no matter how big or small the problem! We hope you love your new book!

Perfection!

This was the first time we had used albumworks and we couldn’t be happier! We have just received the most beautiful photo book of our wedding! The colours were perfect and the photos looked absolutely brilliant in the book! It was so easy to put together and we received our album within a week! We can’t wait to show it off to friends and family and will definitely be recommending albumworks to everyone!

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Jax, thanks very much for your review. It's always great news to hear when our customers are more than happy with their products. Enjoy your wedding album!

LindseyD

LindseyDSydney

Excellent Customer Service

This was the first time I used Albumworks and I couldn't have been more impressed with their customer service. I made an error when submitting the file and I received very prompt emails alerting me to this and then when I phoned to ask a question, I was surprised to actually be able to speak to the person, Micah, who was working on my Album. He helped find a workable solution and also made sure that the order was processed quickly as the album was required within a few days.
Just received the album today and it looks wonderful. My only suggestion would be that the range of page backgrounds was increased/improved to include a better range of plainish but not totally plain options.

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Lindsey, thanks for your review. We appreciate it!
We're glad to hear you had a great experience with us and that we were able to help when you needed it - we're always a phone call away!

Exceeded all expectations!

First time with albumworks, spent hours on creating three special albums, I've received them in record time and each one exceeded all expectations, utterly delighted when I unwrapped them. Thank you Micah for the tips and patience when I called for support. Going with the hard covers and printing in HD proved brilliant. I would recommend this reliable Aussie company without hesitation, I will be back for more.

Nathan B.albumworks

A quality product with excellent customer support

I have been using albumworks for years now having produced a number of photobooks and calendars. I have always found the quality of the product to be excellent and customer service second to none. I recently had a query and a minor problem which was solved in a very friendly and professional manner by Naomi. Thanks for your assistance. Naomi subsequently contacted me with a follow-up call and that's something that doesn't happen much these days. Keep up the good work. I already recommend albumworks to my family and friends.

Nathan B.albumworks

Hi Bruce, thanks very much for leaving us a review. We appreciate it.
We're so glad to hear you had a great experience with albumworks, we will pass your feedback on to Naomi. All the best with future projects!

Lizzie T

Lizzie TAdelaide

I rang several times and received great advice and help every time. Special thanks to Naomi for getting me across the line. Product good quality, delivered on time and makes a wonderful personalised gift. Bought great joy to my friend on a special birthday.

Good product, fast service

I was given an albumworks voucher as a gift. The software was easy to use and a good range of layouts available. Backgrounds were ok - didn't love a lot of them but still a reasonable range. Product printed quickly and was a good quality.
My main complaint is that gift vouchers are counted as a discount code and therefore cannot be used with other offers such as the sign up offer or monthly offer. This seems unfair as you aren't getting any discounts and are essentially paying full price since someone has already paid for the voucher.

Erin

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I've already completed my purchase but that's good to know for next time.

Tane W

Tane WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful, vibrant & classy

It's a rare occasion that I purchase printing services online, especially for such important events. I recently purchased a beautiful 16"x12" photobook from Albumworks. And being that I am so picky when it comes to the work that is produced from online manufacturers of such things, I was pleasantly surprised!

The album arrived ahead of schedule - even after a problem with their printer (which they told me about just as it happened). What arrived can only be described as a "High quality, beautifully constructed piece of work".

The pages were ultra-premium material and it was assembled with the most fantastic fabric cover.

I take my hat off, this is some exceptional work. I will be using them again.

Phelpel

PhelpelCanberra 2600, ACT

Product and service decline

Andrew

Andrewaandtmassey@optusnet.com.au

Terrible Quality - What Has Happened?

I have ordered 5 albums through this company since 2013. Unfortunately the latest effort is abysmal. It feels cheap and badly made - even though it cost over $400 - and worse still the photos are flat and lack life or definition despite being quite the opposite when I prepared and downloaded the files. It has the feel of a 3 colour home printer about it. Very, very disappointing. Interestingly, the tracking of my order on the DHL website shows that my photobook was delivered from Malaysia. I can only surmise that, between this one and the previous one, Albumworks have shifted their printing overseas to that country. A bad move I'd say.

Sandra

SandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Just LOVE my book

My 5th book and this time I decided on a Layflat 11" x 8.5" Photo Book and everyone who looks at the book are all just amazed at the quality and finish of the book. I can't thank Albumworks enough for the customer service which I used a couple of times and ease of using the site and quick delivery enabling me to produce a great book. The Promotion for Mother's Day made me get the book finished quicker so I could start my 6th book which will also be a Layflat Book. I will definitely recommend Albumworks.

tomfoto

tomfoto

Quality HD albums

Just received my latest 12x16 HD album. All the pages look great. Colours are much better than SD. If you have high quality photos the upgrade to Hd is essential. Took about one week from upload to arrival of the album.
Very impressed.

Kat

KatWollongong Nsw

Wonderful Album

I have been using Albumworks for many years, must be close to one hundred books and have never had the slightest trouble, The books are beautiful, service is all I can ask for, the helpline people are very courteous and very knowledgeable. If there is any problems with delivery it isn't Albumworks IT IS Australia Post!!!!

Petronella

Petronellaasked

Can I import a scanned pdf file into albumworks. If so how do I go about it. Cheers
Petronella

Hi Petronella,

Unfortunately our editor does not accept PDFs therefore you would need to convert it to a jpg or png file first. Then you'll be able to use it. There are many free converters if you do a simple Google search of 'convert PDF to JPG'.

Alternatively you could re-scan in JPG format. With scanned documents or images we recommend scanning between 300-600dpi to ensure the quality is sufficient. Don't scan higher than 600dpi though, as it makes the file size too large and doesn't improve the print quality.

Hope that helps.
- albumworks

Nick

Nickasked

I'm in the United States. how expensive is it to ship albums to the US? AND: Can i work on a single album for a while off and onb before printing or does it get deleted? thanks!

Hi Nick,

Yes, you sure can. You can work on any project for as you like. Just ensure you check for updates in our editor.

Shipping is dependant on size and ranges from$9.95AU to $17.95AU. We charge the same shipping rates worldwide.

Feel free to contact our customer service team if you have any more enquiries - service@albumworks.com.au or use our live chat feature on our website - www.albumworks.com.au

Take care,
Kim

albumworks customer service manager

Graeme T.asked

Can a photo album be worked on from different devices? As in, is it accessible via a login from different devices?
Cheers,
Graeme
graemetrewin76@gmail.com

Hi Graeme.

We've responded personally to your email. But here is an overview to your question.

If you use our online editor then you can work on more than one device. You access your project by logging in on our website.

If you use our download editor then your project is stored on the computer that you start it on. You can't easily move it to another device.

Regards

Mike C
Mike C

I make my albums on my desk top computer where I have all my photos to chose from and the ability to edit some as necessary using Lightroom and/or Photoshop. However, Albumworks are the best people to ask as they often update their services. Cheers

Thanks, Mike!

Get an answer from our members and albumworks representatives