4.1

74% · 7317 · 17%

Natalie
Natalie

Quality is terrible now

I have had an album printed every year over the last 9 years with Album works. I was always very happy with the product and recommend to all friends. They were printed in HD with glossy pages and the colours and sharpness was brilliant. They have since upgraded to a “new” Hi Colour 7 printer. I am extremely disappointed with the product I have just received, the photos are blurry and dull, not vivid, colourful nor clear like all the past albums. My album has been reprinted by Albumworks and it is not any better. I have spent hours compiling these albums and to have them turn out like this is extremely disappointing.
Sharon D.
Sharon D.Southwest, VIC2 posts

Quality has diminished

I have had over a dozen albums printed over the last 6 years with Album works. I was always happy with the product. They were printed in HD with glossy pages and the colours and sharpness was brilliant. They have since upgraded to a “new” Hi Colour 7 printer with only lustre pages. I am extremely disappointed with the product I have just received, the photos are blurry and dull, not vivid, colourful nor clear. The original photos on my phone and computer are 100% clearer and brighter. I have been told that HD and glossy pages are not offered anymore. They have asked me to send them a copy of “three” photos only to show them so they can check the quality. I doubt this issue will be resolved.
Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Album maker in Australia

Just had my 43rd album delivered and this is the best ever! The enhanced printing is absolutely marvellous.
Albumworks deliver a fabulous product within a few days of printing with a quality I have not seen in other productions. Additionally they are on the phone for instant help if required. Show reply
B. Late
B. LateSouth Australia7 posts

Two attempts

Two years ago I wrote a glowing review because Albumworks did produce excellent quality books. I say the word "did" with emphasis. Since moving to their Next Gen 2 printer the quality is now bordering on terrible. What leads me to say this is that the cameras we use are the same & so is the laptop we upload with. The only changes made is their printer & the 260gm paper they use. Looking at the previous dozen or so books we have had done by Albumworks they were brilliant. The latest one (Dec 2023) was reprinted after my complaints. The 2nd attempt was no better. Sorry Albumworks but after spending over $4000 with you this is my last purchase.
Rates and Fees
Sam
SamPerth, WA

Very easy to use, delivered very fast and ultimately great quality

I wanted to make a photo album for a Europe contiki I did 6 years ago. I planned to make 7 copies to send to friends I'd made, so the book had to look good!
I decided to use Albumworks after seeing positive reviews on here.
Once I had downloaded the software, it was very easy to use and very user friendly. Once I had finished, I was constantly updated on the progress of my order. It arrived at my door and I couldn't be happier with the end result. definitely recommend!
Tracy
TracyMount Gambier6 posts

Very dark pictures, standards have dropped

So after lots of emails, my item finally arrived. Production has moved to Malaysia to improve quality, well that has failed. So many of my pictures have been darkened from the original, it is only just acceptable, not worth the money if this is what their standard is now. I wont use them again, the beautiful bright photobooks seem to be gone and whilst im sure it is less expensive to produce the item off shore, prices havent changed. No longer value for the quality of product.
Hnin
HninGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent ! Truely recommend albumworks

First time order for my daughter birthday celebration photos and so so happy with the outcome and exactly what we would love. Already recommended to friends. I can’t wait for my next order.
km400
km400AU2 posts

Flawless- the final product looks fantastic

I was very pleasantly surprised by the superb quality of the album. Super professional looking, and I chose premium paper, which turned out fabulous. Didn’t have to wait too long for it to arrive. Very happy customer!
Sas
SasHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Anne K.
Anne K.South East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommend, beautiful quality, will order again from this company

Excellent quality, chose the beautiful leather binding with gold lettering, absolutely first class, printing quality surpassed my expectations, will DEFINITELY use this company again. So pleased to have found them, more orders to come Albumworks! Show reply
Irena
IrenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Fantastic product and excellent customer service

I've been printing my albums with albumworks for 10 years now and have been consistently extremely happy with the excellent quality and fantastic customer service I have received. Highly recommended.
Jill
Jill

Not particularly impressed

When my album arrived I was not impressed with the quality of print. I had decided to use Albumworks because it was recommended to me. The print of the photos, (some of which had been used in similar projects with other printing companies), was disappointing as some were not clear or sharp. I was also disappointed to learn that the albums were printed in Malaysia especially as the company represents itself as Australian owned and run.
66lilstars
66lilstars2 posts

Good quality but not produced in australian

received my books that i ordered through albumworks ..... i was very happy with the product but im not happy that they were sent from Malaysia .. .. i chose albumworks on the basis that they claim to be a small Australian owned and operated company that runs out of Melbourne ..... I thought i was spending the considerable amount that they charge on an Australian made product .... quite disappointed to see it was sent from Malaysia were it was obviously produced ....
JJM
JJM2 posts

Such amazing customer service and products!

The support, kindness and understanding from the customer service has been the best I have ever experienced (for real!) I have ordered lots of "instagram photo prints" and love them! Show reply
Singapore holiday
Singapore holidaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with overall product, with one reservation

I have at least 14 albums through Albumworks, and very happy with quality. Only downsides usually my own errors. My last book is also very good. However only downside is the size. My previous books have been landscape 12" x 8". This book is 11" x 8". Even with this change I will continue with Albumworks.
Mike C
Mike C3 posts

Nathalie P.
Nathalie P.Sydney, NSW

Wedding album of my dreams!!!

Highly recommended!!! I was really worried about having my wedding photos printed and a friend recommended me albumworks.
User friendly, speedy delivery and finally, the wedding album I’ve always dreamed of!!!
Now, I’m getting ready to do my honey moon album with them, too!
Miss M
Miss M2 posts

Very pleased

I have just received my 3rd photo book from Albumworks. I've been very pleased with all the results, other than my spelling mistake in the last one!!!
The software is easy to use and has lots of options and layouts to try. The quality is very good and the printing and dispatching has been very prompt.
It might be helpful if there was some way a spell check could be incorporated in the software, for people like me who "think" they are reading correctly when doing a final check!! Obviously my lack of editorial skills is not an Albumworks issue. Thanks for the speedy service and great quality. Miss M
Rach McEachran
Rach McEachranSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Quality prints! Happy with the product!

I recently ordered several sets of the ‘Instagram Prints’ and I was absolutely stoked with the quality of the product and the price was amazing! It was exactly what I had envisioned for my project and would highly recommend the product to others The only thing I would have to say is disappointing, would be the cost of postage but it wouldn’t stop me from ordering again as I’m extremely happy with the product itself!
Amanda
Amanda5 posts

Good quality

I ordered 3 photo books, a large one with premium printing and 2 smaller ones. The large is very good quality, but I didn’t order the highest quality printing for the smaller ones and they aren’t as vibrant and clear.
Overall though, better than I expected and fun to make.
MWN
MWNSydney, NSW20 posts

Albumworks works great

The software is easy to use with a lot of different and interesting layouts to try. The upload process is easy and shipping is quick. I use albumworks for all my family photo albums as they produce beautiful keepsakes that people love to pick up and go through. It is a great way to capture our memories especially when you have small children.
Disappointed
Disappointed

Misleading customer service

I liked the design options and the software, but after tracking my order daily (I was eager to get my product in time for a significant birthday) and using the customer service chat, I was told conflicting information (that it would be dispatched on a particular day - it wasn't; that I would receive it in time for my deadline; I am unlikely to) and was not impressed with how the person on the other end dealt with my concern about this. They were defensive and dismissive.
Despite being assured I would make the deadline of when I needed the book by, I am unlikely to now. I won't be using again or recommending them.
George
George

Great customer service. Very satisfied with the quality of the product

Software was easy to use. Albumworks went above and beyond when they contacted me with advice regarding a few of the pages. The book was better for it. Shipment was quick. I feel like this small Melbourne business really cares about their customers and wants to establish themselves as a big contender. I hope they continue to grow. I'll definitely use them again.
Michael S.
Michael S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Excellent quality and easy to do

I wanted a good photo quality photobook of our travels and tested Albumworks.
The image quality on the higher quality 250gsm photo paper is excellent and the overall product is well put together.
I had a small issue of the website not accepting my card for payment and a quick call to customer service cleared this up quickly.
From what I can tell, It's an Australian company and the printing is done in Malaysia.
Delivery was fast and traceable.
They have been a pleasure to deal with and I am now working on my next Albumworks photobook project.
Zoe. W
Zoe. WEdinburgh
lotuslily
lotuslily

Great quality, speedy processing and delivery

First time Albumworks user after trying many other suppliers. Both of my books were printed beautifully, with fabulous colour reproduction and sharp images. The books are very well bound (one of my books had over 100 pages) and paper quality is superb. Production and delivery time was incredibly fast (within a week), especially for xmas time. Books arrived securely packaged. The software I found to be relatively easy and far less "clunky" than others. I compile numerous books each year and will only be using Albumworks from now on.

Elimatta
ElimattaSydney5 posts

Excellent quality and service

This is the second year that I have used this company to make a calendar, and the third time I have dealt with the company. The printing is now done in Malaysia, not sure whether that is a change from last year. The quality of the printing is unchanged, and is still excellent. Last time I found the software to be a bit difficult, not so this time. I now use Windows rather than Mac, which might explain the difference. There is online help available.

What is most impressive is the speed of printing and delivery. We ordered the calendar on a Thursday and it arrived before 8 on Monday morning, Christmas Eve. It was printed and sent to the courier on Friday. DHL couriers are excellent, tracking all the way.

Very highly recommended company.

sandy
sandyHalls Head

Beautiful Wedding Album

I can't praise your company enough. The album you did for me was amazing. Firstly I got sent a sample of the paper as I was unsure. You then picked up a couple of my mistakes which I corrected before print. From then on I got notification of where the album was up to. Even into the delivery right up to the day it was delivered. I will definitely be using Album works again and recommend your company to my friends. Thank you.

tony
tony

No longer functional

Having previously completed five photo books in the old format, I recent tried the new format and found it not to be user friendly with reduced options for formating pages. After four attempts at trying to create a new photo book I have given up in disgust and I will use another service provider.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Darkish photos

First time user of albumworks after using several other services. I found the photos to be too dark. I won’t be using the service again.

Laura
Laura

happy with my result

I was sceptical after reading the reviews But I just got my book today and it turned out really good. I’m really happy with the result. None of the photos were out of place all the photos came out clear. Thank you

Sam
Sam7 posts

Worst Photo Book Ever!

I created 2 books with Albumworks, first and last time that I use them. The images do not look sharp and bright as they do when I took them. Some were taken on a beautiful sunny day and in the album book they look dark, almost like it was sunset time and it definitely wasn't. Some of these were taken at lunch time. The images no longer look sharp and bright. I am so disappointed to say the least. I tried contacting them but they did not respond. I will re-do them at K-Mart. No longer trust online photo sites now.

Mel Webb
Mel WebbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
Tim
TimAdelaide

Best Photo Book Ever!

I was sceptical about the quality of the pages and the whole process itself at first. I took some amazing photos with a high quality camera and was not 100% certain that the resolution would be right.

I was wrong.

The colours are vibrant, the pictures are exactly like that on my camera and to see them blown up on a two page spread was amazing!

I got this as a first year wedding anniversary for my wife, I know she will love it and so will everyone else that looks at it.

I will definitely create another book with Albumworks!

Mark T
Mark TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Excellent as always

This is our 5 book, (but 1st one I have actually done myself), my wife is the expert.

As we have come to expect the support & service are excellent.

I had 2 technical issues but with help of them I was able to resolve with a simple telephone call.

The book is even better than I had thought.

They are not the cheapest on the market, but as they say "You get what you pay for" and it is well worth spending the little extra.

Mark T

Janice P
Janice PSydney

Good product, good service

I have made seven books using Albumworks and I have been very satisfied with the finished product. I used Microsoft for the first 5 and had no problem but now I have Apple Mac and had problems downloading and uploading but the support team were very helpful - thanks Micah, Clyde and Naomi. The Albumworks system is very user friendly and the delivery time exceptionally fast.

Janice Pearson

Jax
Jax

Perfection!

This was the first time we had used albumworks and we couldn’t be happier! We have just received the most beautiful photo book of our wedding! The colours were perfect and the photos looked absolutely brilliant in the book! It was so easy to put together and we received our album within a week! We can’t wait to show it off to friends and family and will definitely be recommending albumworks to everyone!

LindseyD
LindseyDSydney

Excellent Customer Service

This was the first time I used Albumworks and I couldn't have been more impressed with their customer service. I made an error when submitting the file and I received very prompt emails alerting me to this and then when I phoned to ask a question, I was surprised to actually be able to speak to the person, Micah, who was working on my Album. He helped find a workable solution and also made sure that the order was processed quickly as the album was required within a few days.

Just received the album today and it looks wonderful. My only suggestion would be that the range of page backgrounds was increased/improved to include a better range of plainish but not totally plain options.

Varcha
Varcha2 posts

Exceeded all expectations!

First time with albumworks, spent hours on creating three special albums, I've received them in record time and each one exceeded all expectations, utterly delighted when I unwrapped them. Thank you Micah for the tips and patience when I called for support. Going with the hard covers and printing in HD proved brilliant. I would recommend this reliable Aussie company without hesitation, I will be back for more.

Bruce M
Bruce M

A quality product with excellent customer support

I have been using albumworks for years now having produced a number of photobooks and calendars. I have always found the quality of the product to be excellent and customer service second to none. I recently had a query and a minor problem which was solved in a very friendly and professional manner by Naomi. Thanks for your assistance. Naomi subsequently contacted me with a follow-up call and that's something that doesn't happen much these days. Keep up the good work. I already recommend albumworks to my family and friends.