ALDI Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (2016-2021)

See the Best Food Sealers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

3.9

Nola C.
    Nola C.Queensland

Love love love this item

I use this product nearly every day, I find it works really well and no more food wastage.
    the first time I used it I didn't think it worked well but I didn't have the bag in the right position

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for $69.00.

Around_Here
    Around_HereAU

Sucks and Seals. Does a good job

Overall I am very happy with the product. The bags for the sealer are available in pre-made sizes or an open ended roll allowing you to make your own size bag - length wise. Interestingly I find I am using the 'self sized' bags more often than the pre-made.

The only couple of detractors for mine is that 1. it could, on occasion suck a bit more air out where there might be an air pocket trapped, and, 2. very rarely, I have found a small leak where the bag has not completely sealed although it might look fine visually.

I am pleased that Aldi seem to stock replacement bags fairly frequently and I do hope they continue to do so. My machine is probably going on to a year old now and thankfully no issues have surfaced on my unit.

Purchased in August 2018.

Other Food Sealers

Louise
    Louisensw

Would have given 5 stars except for the fact that there is no mention in the manual that you must close the lid quite forcibly to get it to lock. I almost returned it to Aldi thinking it was faulty cause it wasn't heating up. It looked to be locked but wasn't. You really have to apply strong pressure at the corners when you close the lid. Once that was sorted it worked extremely well. The vacuum seal was very strong. They recommend to use the gentle setting for delicate foods and I would head that warning.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for $70.00.

Charmaine
    CharmaineSydney, NSW

Should have bought one ages ago

This review might not be super helpful as I only recently bought my Ambiano vacuum food sealer.
    I love this gadget. I can't believe it took me so long to buy one. It is super easy to operate and is quick.
    I find the plastic rolls are better as there is less wastage compared to the precut bags that you can buy.
    The quality of the plastic is amazing. I keep looking for things to vac pack!
    I love the seal only function and I love how you can control how much air is taken out before sealing.

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi for $59.00.

Food Sealers

Find out how ALDI Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (2016-2021) compares to other Food Sealers

Alexey
    Alexey

Very good product for the portion of price of its competitors

I have been regularly using Lumina food sealer for already half a year and am very satisfied with its performance and quality. In distinction from its expensive competitors it is much smaller and takes much less storage space while doing exactly the same job. It is a great device helping to save various types of food for longer time.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
    L P
    L P

An absolutely great product. Handy for vacuum sealing food for freezing. Has 2 different options for moist products and dry products which is really fantastic. It also has a bottle sealing tube. We use it all the time to portion our meat for freezing. We love the Ambiano vacuum sealer.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Louie Malteser
    Louie MalteserOxenford

Love my new toy

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
    Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
    budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers
    Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
    alanz
    alanzAU

Excellent, but you have to take it slowly

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Other Food Sealers

RonaSydney

GREAT KITCHEN ACCESSORY FOR SERIOUS COOKING

I love our vacuum food sealer. Has assisted heaps with food and storage from stews to pizzas. It's sad some buyers have not had the same experience. I need to buy more rolls! Where can I get them? If the product is discontinued please advise on a different brand that works. Eager for tips!

Rona

An update: Aldi has food sealers and bags in store now. They have changed brands but identical in functionality.

Food Sealers

See all ALDI Vacuum Food Sealer reviews

Fabio
    Fabioasked
    Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (2016-2021)

Hi there, where can I repair my vacuum food saver in Melbourne?

David S
    David Sasked
    Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (2016-2021)

My machine won’t seal the bags once they have been vacuumed (when pressing the vacuum/seal button)
    It will seal the bag otherwise when just the seal only button is pressed
    Does anyone have an idea as to what may be wrong with it?

Lee
    Lee

I've never encountered that problem before, sounds like a fault.
    One thing i would do when sealing potentially wet items would be to press the vac/seal button but manually press the "seal only" once the air was out as often with wet items it would pull fluid through preventing it from sealing.

Dave
    Dave

Mine has started to act the same way after about five years. Research shows it is due to the gaskets mounted in the two halves not sealing. Trying to find out where to buy the spare gaskets!

Steven J.
    Steven J.

Where do you buy the gaskets?

Moire
    Moireasked
    Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (2016-2021)

Where can purchase the plastic roll? I have run out and only have a few already ut bags left.

Kerrie
    Kerrie

I've bought them on eBay, but make sure you get the ones with ribbing on them, smooth bags don't work in the lumina machine. Aldi have them on sale periodically as well, and I think you can get them at Myer etc, in their appliance section.

See all ALDI Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (2016-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 10 ALDI Vacuum Food Sealer