Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanSouth East Queensland, QLD

snapped in two at the head.

The hedger broke in two at the swivel area. Luckily I was not underneath. The black plastic is too thin and too brittle.
I thought I might be able to use the chainsaw tilting part because the chainsaw keeps cutting out if the is cut is not a perfectly straight up and down but the two are not changeable.
Avoid and buy one that is made from aluminium at the swivel area.

Purchased in January 2019 for $200.00.

bonniecahy

bonniecahy

Solid Product

Only had it for 1 week but so far it's great. It has the feel of a well built product and performs in the same manner. For $99 this is a great buy. It doesn't come with a battery or a charger which it states plainly on the box. If you don't bother to read what's on the box you shouldn't be allowed to post negative reviews regarding this.

Purchased in January 2021 for $99.00.

Rogue

RogueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic for price

Totally happy with this unit since I bought it, I'm not really gentle with tools but keeping in mind it's price I am careful with it, it can be a little wobbly but overall it's quite good, sharp chainsaw and cuts thicker branches than I thought, the hedge trimmer works well, wouldn't say it's crazy powerful but no problems at all, and a $40 4ah battery lasts me at least half a day to all day and only charges in about an hour!

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how ALDI Battery / Cordless Hedge Trimmer compares to other Hedge Trimmers

Dis custard

Dis custard

NO Batteries No Charger

Totally useless with NO battery or charger and NO contact other than internet. ALDI you need to be able to be contacted by phone. There are many people that do not have internet and need answers

Purchased in November 2020 at Australind for $300.00.

Solid performance for the price

Bought it a couple of years ago and has been reliable and useful ever since. Nothing has gone wrong though now the chain is super blunt. Would definitely recommend it. Now just adding words to get to the minimum.

Works Great! Battery lasts quite awhile!!

I have a lot of shrubs. The battery lasts a long time. The battery also charges quickly. I can't believe other reviews that say otherwise. I really like these trimmers!

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $29.99.

Rosalind W.

Rosalind W.

it has been such a good thing to keep my liittle shrubs so neat & tidy

had trimmer for a year wonderfull little gadget for 83 year old lady,bjut I am soo disappointed as it just won't go I put the battery on charge and is said green but I connect to trimmer & does not go .it is under guarantee but I don't want the money back I want my little friend fixedly any solutions.it is a 7.2v li -iom cordless grass &hedge trimmer

Purchased in March 2018.

Brizziechuck

BrizziechuckQueensland

Assemblers at the factory put the chainsaw chain on back to front.

Assemblers at the factory put the chainsaw chain on back to front. Nearly caused an accident as the tree branch grabbed the chainsaw body and pulled the handle from my grip. Bit hard on the wrists. Purchased Oct 2019. Check needed by buyers. Works fine now it's on the right way. Aldi please take note of this please!

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $99.99.

Max

Max

Waste of money

Only needed to use 3 times a year, Battery only lasted 10 minutes then had to be charged again and would take forever to charge and then on using again it would only last ten minutes so stopped using

Purchased in October 2012.

Jesse7

Jesse7Hunter Region, NSW

Great product works well

Once again generally surprised how effective and efficiently these aldi tools work.
I have a large 3m tall hedge at my house and this product just powered through the hedge as some branches had a diameter between 3 to 12mm, it was sharp, easy to use and light enough to handle when fully extanded to its maximum length.
Impressed!!!!

very disappointed

hedge trimmer was working well then stopped cutting .the motor would turn but would not engage the cutter. i am a home gardener and only used the hedge trimmer on a not overly large hedge about 3 times around twenty minutes each time.

garryaussie

garryaussieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gardenline battery

i purchased a Gardenline trimmer from Aldi and it ran for 3 yrs then battery died. Trying to obtain new battery is impossible bad customer service. so i looked on web for battery to no avail, then discovered a black and decker that looked the same $30 but when it came would not slot in the slots, so took top off the gardenline top to attatch to the new battery and the negative and positive was different so soldered to the same setup as gardenline glued some plastic plates to the side with liquid nails to hold top to bottom and bingo runs like a charm no need to buy new trimmer.
Hope this helps

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Graeme

GraemeGold Coast

Faulty chargers on Hedgetrimmer.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Gune

GuneSydney

Very poor service

I had a problem with a Gardenline electric Line trimmer one week after purchase. Unfortunate I did not have Aldi docket so I contacted Gardenline after sales service. Phone does not answer they want you to send emails which I did several of them. No answer. Very very terrible service. Will never purchase any Gardenline products as long as I live.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Matt

MattSydney

Big waste of money

After the second use of this trimmer it just stopped working and the battery doesn't get charged again. The lights in the battery turn on when the charger is plugged but doesn't work once attached to the trimmer.
I went to Aldi but their return policies is up to 60 days after the purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hedge Trimmers

Same issue with battery and abusive service

I ordered and received a new battery (cost $60) when old one would only hold a charge for 2mins. New battery was also defective. I phone the help line 1300355255 and spoke with [name removed] who accused me of trying to con for a new battery, talked over me, would not listen and would not let me speak with a manager. Aftersales service is terrible. Was told that they have no problems with batteries and it was me. I've lodged a complaint with Fair Trading.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good machine, poor battery and lack of supply/service

The hedge trimmer worked well to begin with but the single battery supplied, soon faded in length of work time. It takes 2 hours to recharge and now only lasts 10 minutes. Service is difficult to contact and we are told that no resupply of batteries is available. With 3 batts. One could possibly still get the work done, but one poor batt can't cope.

Lou Dorf

Lou DorfMoss Vale 2577

Chargers and batteries

Places like battery world can replace the batteries by taking apart the old battery and replacing with new ones.
Chargers can be bought from them or try J car electronics, even hobby shops may be able to get them.
Hope this clue may help..and what about taking it back to aldi for a refund??

Date PurchasedMay 2015

A pile of junk

I dont frequent Aldi that much but yesterday saw a hedge trimmer for 52 bucks... Bought it to trim a bush around the letterbox... When I got home I found out it is rechargable,,,,,oh silly me. Then thought charge it up and trim tomorrow but then find out it does not come with a battery or charger!!!!! Soon as I saw this I figured European cheap rubbish will be hard to find a battery and charger and I was correct. I now have a brand new hedge trimmer that is completely useless. I will endeavour to smash it into little pieces and post it back to Aldi as I really cannot be bothered trying to use their "help" line as life is all too short

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Gardenline battery

Exactly the same garden line hedge trimmer battery won't charge, no satisfaction from aldis. Very disappointed as I only used it a few times and the battery would not charge cannot get any response not good enough. I am pleased to hear that there are others who have had this problem and it was not just me who thought I may have misused the charger.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Beryl stead

Beryl steadasked

Battery / Cordless Hedge Trimmer

I purchased a Ferrex Cordless Grass and Hedge Trimming Shears just over 12 months ago from Aldi and have found this item very handy in our garden. We have only used it intermittently - therefore hasn't had a lot of use. However recently we found that although fully charged it did not last very long before going flat and now it is completely dead and won't charge at all. This has been very disappointing. Where can I purchase another battery from. regards Beryl

John H.

John H.asked

Gardenline 20V Cordless 2-in-1 Pole Pruner/Hedge Trimmer

ii have one it lasted 1 hour before the chain washer adjuster broke and found out cant supply parts absolute rubbish

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Thanks for sharing

DougP

DougPasked

Gardenline 20V Cordless 2-in-1 Pole Pruner/Hedge Trimmer

I have just purchased a Ferrex cordless 2 in 1 Pole Pruner Hedger Model-ET-410-200 from Aldi but do not have a battery of charger. The battery and charger were not available from Aldi when I purchased the pole pruner. I was led to believe that charger and 2 types of battery would be available end of March early April. At present I have purchased a completely useless piece of equipment. Please advise me where I can purchase the required battery and charger. I can be contacted on dp128877@gmail.com

See all ALDI Battery / Cordless Hedge Trimmer questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Battery / Cordless Hedge Trimmer