ALDI Bauhn 2010-2015 Models

See the Best Full HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

This is not a quality product!

Have had this Bauhn ATV-46FLEM 46” tv for 7 years and it ages ok. The reason for giving it a 3-star rating is that you really just get what you pay for. It has been great to me for the past 6 years but most electrical technology (in this case, a tv) start to die after 7 years, and this is the case for me. The remote is cheap, weak and now hardly works. Have to press the back of the remote down with some force for tv to respond to remote. In the last year or less, the display has started to act very strange. The display blacks-out but the tv is still on as the LED back light is still shining behind the LCD screen but there is nothing displayed. The display also glitches and goes black and sound and all cuts out, resulting in the same way that I just described. Sound quality is quite standard for the price and the picture quality is standard HD 1080p, so basically, it’s just a standard affordable device. Overall, this is a pretty good product as all tv’s and other similar technology generally last for a period of about 6-7 years and then your due for an upgrade. 3 stars is what this TV deserves I think as it has served it’s time well for me, but now I’d say that it’s ready for at trip to the tip. Hope this helps with deciding whether or not you should buy one of these second-hand off Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace or somewhere else as they are discontinued due to the manufacturing of new Bauhn Actios models, so there is a high possibly that, being 7 years old, there is no longer any new stock left anywhere. If you ask me, most people selling their ATV-46FLEM 46” are probably selling it because of these issues, so save your time and cash and just buy a new tv. Being 2019, you can get a big bang for your buck as technology is advancing rapidly, providing cheaper ways to make better products.

Purchased in December 2012 for $550.00.

Software

Excellent value for money

Excellent TV, settings need to be tweeked a bit in order to get the best quality and visuals but otherwise a great TV for the money. Aldi doesn't help with moving purchases so prepare to suffer a little

Purchased in May 2017 at ALDI for $299.00.

Software

Excellent value and still going at 7 years

Everything is perfect about this TV except the option to lighten the brightness. For movies that have a lot of dark scenes I am left in the dark... But that is only one negative in 7 years of viewing. I have this TV on 5 hours plus daily. The colour, clarity, contrast and sound were all perfectly adjusted the first time I turned it on. My previous analogue had a brilliant sound system which I miss and this is just basic sound but for $550 I can't expect more. I hope I get more years out of this TV and hope when it needs replacing that Aldis new models will be as brilliant as this one - looking forward to having a smart TV that I can download from You Tube and have direct internet access too as I have disability. Though reading the current model reviews it's not looking good....

Purchased in August 2012 for $550.00.

Lasted 2 years

Tv was working fine then the screen went blue, green, red and white and now it doesn’t it consistent. The tv has sound but no picture just color screens. Won’t bother buying another

Purchased in May 2017.

Perfect working

Buy 52'" tv from Aldi i am using it from 2 years. Still working very finely. No problem in this 2 years. Worth to buy it. Picture quality is great. Good working condition. Love this product. Price is also in range. Best product. Screen size is good. Worth to buy it from aldi.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

TV dead after 11 month. Waiting on repair for a month now.

TV dead after 11 month.
Reported to Bauhn warranty provider "tempo" a month ago.
Now I am still Waiting for the repair person to come.
The repair person said he will come Today, but never show up.

What a disaster .
I wish I can give this rubbish product 0 star.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

reasonable for the price you pay

4k had just been launched not too long before that, and while other TVs of that size and 4k were expensive, it made $500+ a good deal. Worked fine, easy to use, never once broke down. Color was off though... super 'red'.. tried adjusting it, but didn't help much. Sound was ok. As did not expect much for that price, it served its purpose. It's been 4 years and the TV is still going fine. It has so far survived 2 moves/relocations, and no issues.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

bad enough

The one I am using was made back in early 2015, only have been using it for 2 or three months, before that, it has been sitting in the spare bedroom rarely been used. Now it’s totally dead, very dissipating and a waste of money that’s for sure! No more TV from Aldi and no more this brand!

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Garbage

17 months later it’s dead. The standby lights is on and the TV is non-responsive. The TV has terrible sound quality, is slow to start up and the HDMI seems to lose the signal. Clearly another one who buys this garbage will be sorry. A waste of $700, very disappointed and will not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible TV no back up support

The picture quality was average at best, the in built speakers will distort at basic levels, plenty of ports with this unit, My main beef is their attitude to my complaint -that the picture stopped coming on after about 9 months and you would just get the sound after about 5 minutes the picture would come on -this was repaired under warranty and the failed part was replaced -the tech said yes this part was faulty in this tv range-now another year down the track the same thing started happening but now the picture has stopped working altogether and you just get the sound. I thought that it should be fixed again as warranty because the same replaced part has failed again but NO ! that's not how they see it- so now I throw it in the bin because by the time I pay to get the tv fixed outside of warranty I may as well buy a better one and be done with it ! I am actually a big fan of Aldi we easily spend 5 grand a year there and my friends call me an Aldi Nut case- so now all because they won't support their product's- sadly I have had to write a bad review about Aldi and their TV's-

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Good basic tv

Recently purchased this tv. Set up was easy. Picture quality is ok. Size is great. The only negative would be the sound. I would recommend you also purchase a sound bar or speaker. Havent had any issues to date. I would recommend this tv if you are after a good basic tv for the family.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Beware. What you get is very deceptive

While it worked it was a decent television set. Almost 2 years to the date the transformer/power supply died. I get a standby power light but the set won't turn on. Since then I've bought a Hisense because I was getting nowhere trying to get the thing fixed. The customer service setup for afterpurchase service and support doesn't really exist even if it looks like it does. Aldi sells the sets, Bauhn are just a branding company, and Tempo Australia are supposed to service warranties and repairs. Notice that there is no obvious manufacturer? Tempo don't want to know you, and will try and get you to give up. It's been almost 12 months on and off trying to get parts or set up a repair. I'm going to have to repair the set myself by finding parts from a second hand set on gumtree or curbside rubbish pickup day or I may eventually give up this time... The lesson is to only buy televisions where the manufacturer also OWNS the brand. When reputation stakes are higher the customer service is likely to better.

If this television had of been half the price then I might have been less disappointed and satisfied with the 2 years use I got. But then your stuck with getting rid of the thing when it's had it's day.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Didn't last 2 years

We got this in aldi thinking it was a good deal. Always was slow to turn on. For the 2 years we had it it wasn't even used that much.. maybe every other day. Yet it barely lasted 2 years. It started flickering and then the sound went. Then it just would not turn on at all! Should've kept receipt as i think there was a 2 year warranty on it

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Good TV from Aldi

The Bauhn 55 inch ultra HD was a great buy from Aldi, keeping in mind its a budget TV so its adequate but not the best on the market.
The picture quality was great, I haven't tried it for gaming and it being 60hz it most likely not be the best for this, the picture is sharp and the colour is fantastic, it does have reasonable blacks and vivid colours. With TV speakers well really there is no TV that really has overwhelming fantastic sound so its always best to place onto a amp to pass sound through in digital surround sound. I have no negative comments to say about this TV, as really the price being a major factor and really within the next few years 8k TV comes out soon.
I would recommend this to anyone, its price is fantastic and its a actual good size and can enjoy 4k TV the MHz is a bit low and I do feel it should be a minimum of all tvs from 40" to be 100mhz to begin with, the control feels comfortable to use and its simplistic so I do give this a thumbs up

Date PurchasedAug 2016

18 months and working well.

We purchased this TV in June 15, it is working well, good picture, no problems. Built-in sound is not great so we use a Bose aux system. A good TV for the price paid. We also have an old Bauhn Plasma TV that was bought from Aldi in 2008 and it is still going well.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Bauhn (Aldi) 50 inch ATV-50FHD3

Purchased in June 2013 and quite happy with it until we lost the whole left hand half of the picture about a year ago. Then after several tries it restored itself, but did it again and again at an increasing rate. Now the whole screen has lost its backlight panels with no sign of any illumination at all. As a retired TV station engineer, I could attempt to trace the fault if I could get hold of a circuit or even block diagrams. Who can help? I am not impressed with such a short life of a modern piece of equipment, but then does Aldi sell only factory rejects or seconds?

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Absolute rubbish!

Sound quality is extremely poor with echoing. Very slow to start up & "initialise". Have contacted Aldi supplier - Bauhn/ Tempo several times whilst under warranty & subsequently with no real successful resolution. Technician actually agreed that the sound is not great!
Not a patch on our old Panasonic (or even older LG).
Don't waste your time or money on these types of Aldi TV products!

Date PurchasedNov 2012

A great product for the price point

We purchased this product because we wanted a new TV in our spare room.
Every time we have a guest stay over, they all comment about the great performance of the television.
We made a great purchase when we bought this product! We have not had any issues at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Display panel useless!

Display panel very annoying, shows channel I.d. In big letters - pointless as this also appears elsewhere on screen
Actual name of program showing is microscopic - pointless as you need to move close to read it.
Picture quality is reasonable for a cheap unit, bought to watch in bed.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Sound Bar won't work with it

Been going ok for me, bought a new sound bar from LG and its just not compatible, works every now and then . I have to turn things off, pull out plugs to get sound. Best to stick with a recognised brand i guess. Need to buy another Tv so the sound bar can work properly not bloody happy about that

Date PurchasedJun 2014