ALDI Estelle King Mattress In A Box

See the Best Mattresses in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It's ok.

Great, cheap mattress albeit being very stiff. Very little padding. We bought a foam mattress topper to put on top of it because it was too firm for us. It's awesome now with that on top and still worked out cheaper than buying a new mattress from a mattress shop.

Purchased in January 2019 at ALDI for $350.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues No
Discomfort No
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessHard

Incredible value for money!

Writing this after having slept on the Estelle for only one night, but I am confident that we will be just as happy after 100 nights (I will update if not!)

Have been wanting to upsize to a king for a few months (or years, even) having bought the king size sheets a year or so ago, but it took longer to take the plunge with the mattress.

As luck would have it, this week (from 9th March) these mattresses came on special at Aldi. And luckier still, on Sunday 10th, there was just one king sized left in our local store! It was meant to be!

It’s a hefty box, but luckily comes with a sturdy handle and wheels so we were able to wheel it home the two blocks to ours.

I was intrigued as to how a bed in a box would transform. There is an outer layer of plastic which maintains the rolled shape, and once that has been unrolled, the final layer is what keeps it compressed. It is truly incredible to watch the mattress inflate in a matter of minutes!

The mattress is medium firm but probably on the former side - perhaps a 7.5-8/10? There’s a little give - it’s supoortive, but doesn’t yield or sag as much as our last one did. There is no partner disturbance, which for us is fab as I am sharing with our two children at present! The less disturbance for us all the better!

The memory foam top seems to be just the right amount to cushion. I’m of slight build, so don’t have much natural padding, but I can honestly say last night was my most comfy sleep outside of a hotel in the last 6 months. So glad we have transitioned!

We are awaiting the bed base, there was one in Aldi but not my style, so currently the mattress is on the floor, however this makes no difference to the comfort provided by the mattress.

I am just gutted we didn’t purchase the Estelle sooner! I had seen them previously on offer in stall and dismissed as I thought they would be of cheap quality. But for $299 for a king mattress, amidst all the ‘bed in a box’ marketing online, I would say this is a very well kept secret and I highly recommend others. The only instance I wouldn’t recommend is if you desire a soft-medium mattress. But for the med-firm support I can’t imagine a more comfortable sleep.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $299.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side