ALDI Estelle Queen Mattress In A Box (Apr 2018, Mar 2019, Jul 2019, Apr 2020)

ALDI Estelle Queen Mattress In A Box (Apr 2018, Mar 2019, Jul 2019, Apr 2020)

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.9

Yani

Yani

Disappointed by the mattress

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$249.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Lisa S

Lisa SSydney, NSW

I love this mattress! So comfortable and just the right amount of support! You would never know it came out of a box!

Fabulous, comfortable ! One year later it is just as good! No change in comfort . You wouldn’t believe it came out of a box! Our last mattress costing more than $3000 was very similar

Purchased at ALDI for A$189.00.

Stephen L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is pretty good value for the money.

On the firm side, but still quite comfortable, my sleep was noticeably better with less turning over.
The edge of the mattress is quite supportive too. Overall this represents very good value for the money.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$249.00.

Mattresses

Find out how ALDI Estelle Queen Mattress In A Box (Apr 2018, Mar 2019, Jul 2019, Apr 2020) compares to other Mattresses

Dennis G.

Dennis G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Surprisingly comfortable.

I purchased this mattress out of desperation as I could no longer sleep on our $1,800 mattress that we purchased from Harvey Norman 5 years ago. I have a pre existing back injury from my time in the military and would constantly wake up in pain, however I immediately noticed an improvement in my quality of sleep and lack of pain upon waking since sleeping on the aldi mattress. The mattress is medium to firm but the topper makes it quite comfortable.
A bargain buy.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$250.00.

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Surprisingly comfortable mattress

I bought this mattress ten days ago. I can only fault the edge support. Don't sit on the edges, and you will be fine. Once you lay on the mattress, you will not roll off if near the edge, so no dramas here. While I would like if the mattress was a bit firmer, it is still very comfortable. Partner disturbance is minimal.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$249.00.

Gateway7

Gateway7Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The third night I woke up with a huge rush on my back, hips and legs, awful. Would have expected better quality.

The mattress is comfortable to sleep on, just some poisonous chemicals what they used to make the mattress with but they don't. Useless mattress, look forward to bring it back to Aldi after Easter.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$299.00.

Caused Discomfort Yes
Rene

ReneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So glad i purchased it

Very comfortable,. feels like i'm sleeping on cloud also holds heat and only downside it has a bit of a smell ,. still new though. It was a bit a of a hassle to unwrap it , it took 2 of us to completely lay it out ,. Great the box had rollers to help transport around.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$249.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Heat Retention Yes

Really Great Value!

I highly recommend it!
It's so comfortable. I like a firm mattress and it's perfect.
I purchased 2 other expensive mattresses from Sleeping Giant and I prefer the Aldi bed in a box!

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Lach

LachCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worst mattress, much better options out there.

Brought it for a temporary replacement and wish I had saved my money for something better. This is a terrible mattress in all regards and would only be worth it for a cheap mattress for a spare bed that rarely gets used but even then there are much better options.

For some unknown reason it is also noticeably smaller than a regular queen mattress in both length and width.

Avoid.

Caused Discomfort Yes
Sagging Yes

peeeved1

peeeved1

Maybe the people giving 5 stars are paid?

Terrible horrible worst matress ever! My parents have one of these and i want to call it a total piece of sh!# matress. all i can say is horrendous kidney and lower back pain, side pain, shoulder pain and our heads feel like they dip down. its just rubbish. We now tip the bed and frame up and sleep on a couple of foam mats on the carpet over this thing. it is especially bad in the middle of the matress where i suspect it was folded? Im not sure as i didnt buy it thank god. If i did i would be soaking it in petrol and watching it burn in an aldi carpark, It absolutely ruins our holiday trips to family and all of my siblings hate sleeping on it.

Heat Retention Yes
Sagging Yes
Rickster

RicksterPerth, WA

No Partner Disturbance

Great quality. Was waking in the night from my wife rolling over. This mattress is fantastic for fixing that problem. No partner disturbance at all. A little firmer than Im used to but great back support. For the price it's amazing value. Will get the kids one when they're next in store.

Purchased at ALDI for A$249.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Geoffrey_Cartridge

Geoffrey_CartridgeAU

Despite my doubts, I was needlessly sceptical. It is excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$249.00.

disappointed harvey norm

disappointed harvey normSydney, NSW

This is a great bed! Great value for money!

Much more comfortable than the Koala bed in a box due to extra pillow top on the mattress. The bed is exceptional value at $250.00 No nasty smell on opening!

Purchased in July 2019 at Rosemeadow NSW for A$250.00.

Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A lot better then my expectations

We bought this thinking we don't need to spend over $2000 like we always did, thinking we'll get this and replace it again within couple of years?. It's not soft or hard, JUST right with the pillow top,that doesn't boil me like the expensive mattress we use to use, we both are very satisfied with our purchase, will recommend it .

Purchased in July 2019 at Aldi for A$250.00.

Dylan

DylanThe Mallee, VIC

Way better than expected!!

I have back issues and I honestly have noticed such an improvement in my quality of sleep since buying the mattress. I did read the reviews on here before purchasing because I was skeptical with the price only being $250 but honestly I would have paid a lot more for a mattress of this quality. The other reviews are correct, the sides are a little soft, but that’s understandable and I’m not one to sit on the side/end of the bed anyway. I would definitely consider it medium to hard. More on the medium side though. It was super easy to take home and to unravel and it didn’t smell at all. All in all I think this mattress is a steal at $250!

Purchased in April 2019 for A$250.00.

minkis

minkisVIC, 3000

Comfortable and cheap

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for A$250.00.

Jcd

JcdPerth

Seems to be good value!

Bought the mattress this morning around 11am. Opened it immediately once home. No weird smell from the memory foam topper (very common sometimes) and it expanded very quickly. By 3pm we laid on it and my husband who has severe hip pain commented it had lessened already after a only half hr lie down! and he has suffered this for months now.I have severe back issues but i too found it comfortable albeit slightly too firm. Its around 6 out of 10 for firmness i would say. But for $250 for a queen with a 60 day return you havent anything to lose!

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for A$250.00.

Perceived Firmness Medium

Best mattress we have ever bought. Over years have spent thousands tried Aldi mattress for 249.00 in

It’s the best mattress we have ever bought, my husband a heavy man but no movement when he rolls, Two years down the track still excellent I need to buy more and price fantastic

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Mariah123Qld, 4670

A Surprise Mattress in a Box 2018 :-)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mariah123

Now Jan 2019 and this mattress is still performing well and lovely to sleep on. No dipping and love that I don't get the "trampoline experience" when the other half turns around in his sleep!

Rajib

RajibHomebush west

Best quality at incredible price

Comfy mattress and top quality product at incredible price. Browse wide range of different stores in quest to buy a quality mattress at a lower price. Aldi won our heart

Date PurchasedMar 2018