Aldi Fabric Bed Frame

Aldi Fabric Bed Frame

Dont have intercourse on this bed

Put the bed together had problems with the slats but finally got it together put the mattress on had intercourse that night after 2 mins the slats broke the side frames bent & the mattress ended up on the floor packed it up & took it back to Aldi & was asked if someone had been jumping on it & i told them no my partner & had intercourse & it broke their response was oh it wasnt designed for that. Well what was it designed for beds are not only for sleeping on..... Ps apparently I am not allowed to write the word [removed] on here so i changed the wording. I was being honest yet my last post was rejected all because i used the word [removed]

Purchased in March 2019.

So far so good!

So far, so good for us. The bed was purchased a week ago in desperation to not have a noisy creaky wooden bed base, and the budget was key. For $300 this bed is perfectly acceptable although it's certainly not a life long purchase. A real temporary measure.
We purchased before reading the reveiws from the last run of beds too and panicked before building it up but decided to give it a go and give the designers of the thing the benefit of the doubt.
The building process was indeed challenging with the center support beams running width ways not quite linking up where the screw holes are drilled in the edges. With brute force we got there. Is definitely a two man job building these beds.
The slats are very thin and very narrow with the gap between them being much to wide for ultimate comfort. They are far too soft and don't offer any where enough support. Luckily for us we have a very firm, thin foam IKEA mattress so it's softer than what it was on our creaky bed with thicker, wider, closer together slats, but not terribly so. I would gladly spend an extra $50 to have thicker, wider and one or two extra slats.
The materials themselves used in the construction of the bed are clearly engineered to allow for the cost, but the MDF chemical smell was overwhelming. We both felt rather awful after the first night, even with windows wide open. The windows and bedroom door have remained open for the week and it's better but still there to a degree. Have felt a bit hungover each morning and we are currently not drinking so there you go.
They are my critiques of this very inexpensive bed whihh is really what you would expect when purchasing something at this price.
It looks great, is allowing us to have peaceful uninterrupted sleep when we move, and so far for us, has held together fine.
Am concerned by the small 60 day warranty but we shall see what happens.
The main point in writing this review is to offer suggestions to Aldi in how they can improve their product, for as long time Aldi customers, this is the first centre isle purchase we have made that holds concerns for us. It is at this point in time, not up to their usual high quality standard.

Purchased in March 2019 for $399.00.

Ease of Assembly

Do not buy this bed frame

Slats are all broken in one corner so the mattress falls in and can not sleep on the bed. Slats are also broken at the feet end but not as noticeable. Totally regret buying this bed. Aldi mattress is also uncomfortable.

Purchased in March 2018.

Bad purchase

I regret I did not read this reviews in time as it happens the same. After time the bed frame collapsed in the middle with the bed slats bending and not be able to use it. Unfortunately by the time I went to get a refund the warranty was expired so I am stuck with a bed frame that I cannot use or fixed. Waste of money!

Purchased in November 2017 at ALDI.

Slats collapse too easily

Like others, our slats fall out from the sides when you sit on the bed about a quarter of the way from the bedhead.

We bought this base with the mattress for our guest room but never assembled it until we were expecting a guest. The base assembled quite well but as soon as our guest sat on it to lie down a bunch of slats fell out from the side panel where she sat.

We tested it a few days later and it was the same. Tried changing the slats around, pulling them closer to the collapsing edge but the side panel bows out so the slat ends pop out of the slots.

Being totally useless as a base I looked at how proper slat bed bases were designed and made, and they all had additional support under the slat ends.

Apart from having to buy a proper bed base, not only is this Aldi bed base a waste of money, we'll also have to pay to take it to the tip. Stung thrice. The mattress seems quite comfortable though.

I wish we had assembled the bed and tested it immediately after buying so I could take it back for a refund.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Very bad packaging

We bought king size bed from Aldi,got wrong and missing components . Parts instead of king size we got some parts for gueen size bed.
Waste of money and time.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

So comfortable, people stay longer

Very comfortable, took a while to put together, but once sorted, was easy. Some slats initially popped out but only because i didn't put them in properly. Looks great too.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Regretful purchase

Unfortunately the slats just keep collapsing! Now we’ve got to a point where we’ve moved the defective ones to the bottom of the bed and there are parts where there are no slats at all because they just won’t stay in their slots!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Poor quality

Very poor quality. Bought it from aldi stores for my little son since my brother came and just sat on it and the leg has broken. 1 week old !!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good bed frame but wrong parts!

Purchased and Aldi King Size Bed and frame but we can’t use it because they have packed the wrong size parts in the box. So now we are sleeping on the floor and still waiting for the right parts to arrive.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Aldi QS Fabric Bed Frame

Purchased for $229 from Aldi Brandon Park. 2 months later when moved to new house, found the metal bars were missing drilled holes and could not be put together. Inconvenient as I cannot lift on my own to return. Annoying to find other people experienced exact same issue. At least my store Mgr has told me I will get full refund when I return. Strangely, my son bought one when price reduced for $80 and put it together without issue. I guess the quality control out of that factory was a little hit and miss. Always keep your receipt. I take a picture and upload to Dropbox. Very handy when things go wrong.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Poor quality

Bought a king size bed 2years ago and had problems to assemble. Mismatch of holes or not existing. Feet are not lining up and noisy. Slats hard to fit and breaking out the side frame support. The mattress is becoming very soft and lost shape. Never again

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great product

Great product and easy to assemble. Had all the necessary information. Instructions not as simple and easy as IKEA beds, but still clear. Took about 2-3 hours to finish up the job

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good bed

Bought the bed assembled that night no worries very happy

Went together good.
Would be easier to put together if the parts were numbered but worked it out you the pics

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Wrong parts, no quality control, no care

Purchased 2x queen size fabric bed frames, drove them 5 hours to the holiday house, went to assemble them and found one of the key components (in both beds) was wrong (basically three of the four rear side panels were the same as the front ones and so the holes did not line up). End result the beds cannot be put together at all.

To have two beds, with the wrong parts is completely unacceptable. From googling the issue, it's obvious we are not the only ones.

Never trust such "special buys" from Aldi ever again. And never try assembling them far from the shop, as you will probably have to return them.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

never buy an aldi bed

bought the bed. took it home. poor labelling of parts. 2 rods had some holes missing. we could not put bed together. aldi has no after sales service. it is handled by another company - uncle bill's. rang them. they have got all the paperwork but it MAY take another week or MORE for them to get back constructively on the complaint. MAYBE LONGER to actually get some constructive resolution? It seems there are many others ahead of us in the queue. we expected more of Aldi. the store told us to wait as they could only take a return. We don't have a car so that is not an option. we complained to ALDI on facebook but their customer service have not got back. We asked for someone to troubleshoot the problem and fix it. for this market there are real online bed in the box retailers who are cheaper but we trusted ALDI. They have lost a lot of goodwill with us. We still shop there but feel poorly done by. We will warn al others to be careful about the special buys as there appears to be poor quality control on these products and ALDI gets away with accepting returns. But this item is too bulky and we nearly died taking it back without a car.

Date PurchasedApr 2017