Blake.wisse

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Moriarty2

Moriarty2AU

Dissapointment Extreme

I use chainsaws a lot, thought this was a bargain so bought one. Recoil is extreme, hard to start and runs for about 2 minutes then cuts out, chain is as blunt as you could get and keeps coming extremely loose. Really cheap quality and not even worth the cheap price it's sold for. This thing is going in the bin and a real waste of money on my part. Would take it back to Aldi and ask for a replacement, but can't see the point as from these reviews it seems they are all the same. One to avoid and will not be buying anything similar from Aldi in future, had my eye on a pool pump but this has really put me off cheap products.

S J

S JSydney

Had So Much Promise

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how ALDI Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015) compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Absolute crap

I bought the chainsaw and from word go it would not start just about ripped my arm off took it back to aldi replaced it and the same thing happened wouldnt start avoid like the plague rubbish.

Wiz.auWoden 2606, ACT

Same as the others...hard to start, won't start hot.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue

Gotta Agree

My review is similar to the last two reviews. It is a great little saw if you can get it started. It does leak chain oil when stored. However the most damming thing about the saw is trying to get is started. After getting caught with a hedge trimmer that would not start, I was not going to get taken again and returned this for refund. I will give Aldi that, no questions asked, returned with cash refund.
Price and lightweight.
Very hard to start initially and would not start at all after that.

ron93
ron93

it worked fine for some time.after that fitted new spark plug and reset fuel air mixture,its good now.

Michael N.

Michael N.asked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

How do I remove the chain drive sprocket wheel to access and seal the panel screwed onto side of oil tank to stop the chain oil leaking out?

Suzanne

Suzanneasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

Hi where can I buy the chains to suit this model can’t seem to find them anywhere. What is the part number please

Mouhannad

Mouhannadasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

How to change the chainsaw? How to tighten the chain ? Any user manual for this chainsaw ?

Deb
Deb

When we tried our with no success initially, I noticed that the on symbol (I) was directly under the word STOP if you look closely. We put the switch the opposite way to which we had it and it started. The trouble is can’t remember which way we had the switch first. We’ll find out today. Also if you keep pressing the fuel bubble you may flood it, so let it rest a while before trying again.

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Compare all 11 ALDI Petrol Chainsaw