ALDI Lawn Edger

• Product is used
  • Safety

M HoulihanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Do not recommend to purchase

Only used 3 times now pull cord won’t turn over motor even though Pull cord is working perfectly, an is fitted to motor.
Motor won’t turn , is free for 90 degree turn back an forth, but not 360 turn
Bloody frustrating

Rob W.

Rob W.Perth, WA

Great little Edger.

I currently own a Gardenline lawn edger which I purchased from Aldi model #LE3200P. It’s a great little unit, easy to start, dose a great job with edging. Blade requires replacement which I’ve sourced through Bunnings special order dept. at a cost of $15.30 per unit, taken around 2 weeks for delivery.
Very happy with it.

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI for $179.00.

Lawn Edger

Lawn EdgerPerth, WA

Don't bother wasting money

Rang support numerous times 1300855831, for assistance re purchasing new blade for the lawn Edger.
Told each time we would be contacted that day.
Have never received a call back..
No after sale service at all.

John T

John TSydney, NSW

Worked a few times and then......

It worked great until the motor seized. I rang the 1300 number. Waste of time. They wouldn't know anything about customer service. I took it to my local mower shop to see if they could fix it. I told them the problem and they still charged me $30 to tell me they couldn't get parts for it. Its hit and miss with Aldi electrical products. If there was a negative rating, I would give it to this product.

Very happy with my easy start Aldi petrol lawn edger.

Aldi petro lawn edger. Have had no issues. Very easy to start. Replaced blade march 2019. Blade replacement purchased from Bunnings Ozito item no.3381116 $15.90 Fitted relatively easy once locking nut loosened.

Purchased in August 2015 at ALDI for $179.00.

Swaggy

SwaggyBrisbane

Blade Problems

Customer care is useless, do not return calls or do things they say. Product is good. For anyone needing a new blade you can get from Bunnings Special Orders as the blade is the same as the Ozito PED-3000. Bunnings Item Number is 3381116. Use the edger on a 3000 square meter block.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
jack

jackADELAIDE

Aldi lawn edger

Hi guys, I was interested in the Aldi lawn edger and saw your reviews, and in my research I think the echo is very similar to the Aldi so think the blades may suit also, but take your old blade with you to check and also check in your instruction book on direction to undo nut as most will be clock wise to undo. Hope this helps, but still tossing up wether to pay a bit more for my purchase.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
dwjl2000

dwjl2000Sydney, NSW

Can't replace or get blades... impossible to get.

The edger looks good.. but when the blade goes... it is impossible to get a replacement blade... Called Aldi... they said they have no parts and to buy a new edger... Heartless... such bad service... Stay clear of Aldi products... buy a known product... that way you can get parts.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Allan C

Allan CSydney, NSW

Safety Nightmare

Date PurchasedAug 2018

9000RPMS CANT EVEN GET 1RPM

First time purchasing garden products from ALDI put it all together used aldi oil starts up perfectly started to use it & noticed the blade speed was slow then lifted blade up pressed throttle started to spin a bit then stopped now it won't even spin very disappointed as other products I have bought have been excellent. Will never trust a aldi garden tool again.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Check direction your removal holding nut!

Date PurchasedJune 2016
charlie

charlieGeelong

Can live without it as have needed new blade. So it's useless. As it stands at the moment it's a was

Yes I was until I needed to replace blade. Blade would NOT come of without heating up bolt to remove it. Have asked for new blades well before Christmas . Company is terrible NO customer service what so ever!
It would be nice if you could get the parts. Have rang and asked for new blade with no success.

Not the usual Aldi standard

The first one could not be put together as the holes in the handles for the bolts did not line up, so I had it replaced. Same problem but at least this time I was able to force the bolt through.
After approx 10 minutes of use the motor made some clunking sounds and just stopped. I could not re-start it because the rip cord was locked or jammed. Twice back to the store is my limit, it is obviously poorly made. Apparently two others had been returned to the same store with identical stories to mine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Won't Start.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Good product, very happy with it after two uses

Sorry this one's a

10 minutes use, then concked out. Wouldn't restart...Checked the spark plug with the tool provided. Ok...However after much effort. Refused to start, so disappointing as Aldis normally very good high end products. Sorry not this one..phoned 1300355255. --- Answering machine--- run around--- message bank full-- TACTICS--- left an email no response as yet. I don't recommend this lawn edger it's a D o g--------L e m o n ------1st Aldi. Dud.....Ps left an email @ 1300helpline@gmail.com

No response as YET...

Mal

MalNewcastle

BRILLIANT

On purchase it instructed it was not pre-filled with oil. Just a quick look told me this was incorrect and the oil level was perfect. I followed start instructions and pressed primer 6 times. It was still empty so common sense told me pump a few more times until fuel appeared. Started on the first pull. I did some edging and stopped the engine. It started first pull hot and an hour or so after I tried to start it, quick prime and again first pull. Looking at other reviews it looks like they were unlucky. I have a friend with a Honda Atom edger which of course starts easily the same as my Gardenline but his was 7 times the price. For $189 I'll give Aldi a go instead of over $800 for a Honda.

barb

barbbarbcologon@yahoo.com

save a little more and get one that works

I used it once. I did have a lot of trouble trying to restart it but eventually it restarted. 6 weeks later it will not start no matter what I do. I got a neighbour who is mechanically savvy but he couldn't start it.
I will try to take it back to Aldi.

Rockey