See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Exceptionally good

Very happy with the Ambiano 34Litre Microwave oven with grill.Has all the features I was looking for including sequential cooking,timer,sensor cooking,quickstart etc.
Looks very stylish with stainless steel trims & black exterior.The see through door is fantastic to wach your food cook without having to open the door.
It comes with a 3 year warranty which is an absolute bonus,buy it you can't go wrong.

Purchased in August 2019 at ALDI for $129.00.

Noise Level

Very happy with this oven

We've been using this convection/microwave oven since the start of 2016. It have preformed very well. I did have to get to know its characteristics and adjust my expectations of microwave strength and oven cooking results. We don't have a conventional oven and this unit has provided to all our needs.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Very nicely made microwave

We are well pleased with this microwave - we have actually always (within reason) had good luck with appliances from Aldi. If there are any problems their guarantees are always excellent and you have up to 60 days to return anything, This is a keeper though. It has a lovely look to it in our kitchen and functions as well as any of the big brands. The menus are particularly simple and clear. The door closes with a solid thud. Its strongly made and cooks very well.

Good microwave

As far as microwaves go this is pretty good.
Easy enough to use however the defrost setting tends to cook the meat. Has a high watage so heats up quick. I would recommend this as its great value and does the job. Seems very sturdy and would buy another one.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Simple Well Made Microwave

I am happy with this Stirling microwave. . It cooks defrosts and reheats just as you would expect. It covers all the basics and does them well I really like the large metal door handle and wider than usual cooking area. It looks great in the kitchen and is easy to clean. Aldi can be a it hit and miss but this is a good product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice Microwave From Aldi.

Nice microwave from Aldi. It looks great and matches our new kitchen decor. I don't cook in the microwave that much, mostly just defrosting and reheating and for those purposes, its perfect. The menus are well laid out and make sense. The machine feels quite solid and is easy to clean. We are happy with it and so all things going well, we will have it for years to come.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

So far, so good!

We purchased this microwave after our very old secondhand microwave stopped working. So far, I’ve only used this microwaves basic functions. Express bittton and timed cooking. I haven’t used any other feature like Memory, defrost or preset button. I can’t figure out how to set the time again. I did it once and then unplugged it and can’t get it to work. I do feel like it’s sturdy and well-built. I do wish I thought about it more and got a microwave with the door opening the other way due to my kitchen layout.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great product

So far it still functions well
The only trouble is the start button doesn't work as well so I need to press twice to get the oven work. But not a big issue
34 L is a great size only downside it's a tad bulky for the tiny kitchen but overall it is a great product worth buying.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Nice unit

I have had the Aldi Lumina 30 litre 950 watt micr wave and comb oven now for about 4 years , It has always been great for heating up things, defrosting, and also using it as a oven on its own, the best and most effective cooking method is mixed cooking ( micro and oven)

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Affordable compact microwave which does the job

this microwave is compact with a relatively low capacity and rating ... would not recommend for purposes of daily cooking ... on the other hand it is simple , user friendly and ideal for making tea or coffee , heating up or warming various food products , though the size is a bit restrictive for larger quantities of food ...

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Does the job

Had a sharp microwave prior this one has more power. I use it for reheating and defrosting so functions are easy to use but basic. It's quiet, streamline and I bought the black and it cleans easily. Looks good in the kitchen hubby uses it easily. Inside is easy to clean. Good product

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great little microwave/convection oven/griller

We have had 5 of the Aldi microwave/convection oven/griller ovens and all have worked very well for a long time. We use them for everything, not just reheating as we do not have any other oven and for 20 years never had any hotplates. We would highly recommend these unit to anyone. They are unfortunately not as big as other brands but still fit a lot in them.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

It works

It looks quality and well-built but the light blew after a few months. The food cooks fairly evenly though but the sound notification indicating the food is done is rather irritating. It rings non-stop. You can't really see the food cooking which isn't handy at all. It's lasted but microwaves aren't good for you so I barely used in the past 6 months.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Sterling 20L Microwave model no. STR-G20MG

A great smaller microwave if you don't have much room for it, say countertop. It has a grill capacity with a metal stand to get closer to the element and a combination of microwave/grill as well as straight microwave. It is a little underpowered at 700 watts, however for the price it is very good. All it needs is the hotplate that Whirlpool has which heats and crisps pastries but you can buy one elsewhere. But I believe it is not available now (they did have a larger one later).

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Perfect first microwave.

Recently moved out of home and Aldi had their special buys microwave sale & we couldn't be happier! The microwave is small, so perfect for our first unit (not too big and bulky like some microwaves), great on power draw and perfect for what we need. It does take longer than packeted instructions to heat up some items but its just a matter of getting used to the cooking times.

Does the job

Stirling brand- Aldi comes cheap to do the job.
Good microwave and does the job. The cooking results with the microwave are OK. The cooking is well spread across the microwave.
The features are simple to understand.
Microwave is not loud.
We have used it for more than 2 years and it is still going on, so cant complain for the price we payed.
Would recommend it.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Excellent microwave

We bought this to replace our expensive sharp microwave which died just out of warranty. One of the main things I really love about this microwave is the turn of the button then press to heat up, it is incredibly easy to use. My family visits often and are my grandparents have trouble using some microwaves but find this one really easy. I got it for a fantastic price of $79. Its easy to clean and heats evenely. It fits well in the micowave compartment in my kitchen. It is stylish and has all the features we need. If this was needing to be replaced I would buy this one again as we havd been really happy with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great microwave

This was a great purchase for the price. It works really well and looks great in our kitchen. It looks much more expensive than it is. The only problem for us was the clock kept becoming around 10-15 minutes behind... but thats not too much of a concern. I guess the other negative is that if you haven't taken food out it keeps beeping at you after a minute, which is kind of annoying. Still well worth it for the price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Very short life span

Bought it in 2014. Overall it has done a good job but guess when the warranty is almost over so is the prodcuct. All of a sudden it doesn't heat up anymore - I have checked everything and everywhere and there is seems to be a problem at all. Very dissapointing. . Will never buy any electrical goods from ALDI again. Better stick back to my Panasonic!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

not great - returned

I usually love Aldi's products but haven't had much luck with their appliances. My mother purchased this as it was lightweight and small size but the turntable seemed to stall intermittently while turning and unit got quite hot on top while in use. We returned to store and manager was really helpful and gave refund

Date PurchasedAug 2016

It says item discontinued. Any possibility of it becoming available again? OR do you have in stock any other microwave/convection ovens? Thanks in advance Marg
The model available as of last week is a 32 litre with grillSorry but it was 25L model I was enquiring about. It has to fit into a specified space, which the 25L will do; the 32L will not. So is there any possibility of the 25L model becoming available again OR do you know of a retailer who may have one in stock. Thanks Marg.

How do I set the time without the manual

What is the wattage of the 34L Ambiano microwave?
1100 watt

ALDI Ambiano 20L Microwave Oven (Jul 2019)ALDI Stirling 25L Microwave Oven with Grill Function (Dec 2014, Dec 2015, Dec 2016)ALDI Stirling 30L Convection Microwave with Grill (Oct 2014, May 2015, Jun 2016, Jun 2017)ALDI Ambiano 23L Flatbed Inverter Microwave (Apr 2019)ALDI Stirling 20L with Grill (Aug 2014, Aug 2015, Aug 2016)ALDI Stirling 34L (May 2014, Oct 2015, Oct 2016, Oct 2017, Dec 2017)ALDI Maison 17L Microwave (Aug 2011)ALDI Lumina / Ambiano 20L Microwave (Jul 2015, Jul 2016, Jul 2017)ALDI Stirling 20L with Grill (Mar 2019)ALDI Stirling 20L with Grill (Aug 2017)ALDI Stirling 20L Microwave Oven (Mar 2016, Sep 2016)ALDI Stirling 20L Microwave Oven (Mar 2017)ALDI Stirling 20L Microwave Oven (Sep 2018)ALDI Ambiano 20L Microwave Oven (Nov 2018)ALDI 23L Microwave Oven (Feb 2018)ALDI Lumina / Ambiano 23L Microwave (Feb 2014, Jan 2015, Feb 2016, Feb 2017)ALDI Ambiano 25L Microwave Oven (Feb 2019)ALDI Stirling 25L Convection Microwave with Grill (Oct 2018)ALDI Ambiano 25L Convection Microwave with Grill (Jun 2019)
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $89.99$99.00$179.00$149.00$79.99$119.00$49.99$89.99$99.99$89.99$89.99$89.99$49.99$79.99$79.99$99.00$159.00$159.00
Type ConventionalConventionalConvectionConvectionConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConventionalConvectionConvection
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Grill FunctionChild Safety Lock and Grill FunctionInverterGrill FunctionChild Safety LockGrill FunctionGrill FunctionChild Safety LockChild Safety LockChild Safety LockGrill FunctionChild Safety Lock and Grill Function
Capacity20L25L30L23L20L17L20L20L20L20L20L20L20L23L23L25L25L25L
Dimensions 255 x 440 x 335 mm300 x 539 x 438 mm302 x 502 x 420 mm262 x 452 x 386 mm300 x 539 x 454 mm262 x 452 x 344 mm260 x 440 x 340 mm265 x 452 x 360 mm281 x 483 x 378 mm306 x 513 x 425 mm306 x 513 x 505 mm
Turntable Diameter255 mm245 mm325 mm245 mm245 mm-0.1 mm270 mm301 mm
Door MechanismPush ReleasePush ReleasePull HandlePull HandlePull HandlePush ReleasePull HandlePush ReleasePull HandlePull HandlePull HandlePull HandlePush ReleasePush ReleasePush ReleasePull Handle
Colour / Finish Black or WhiteStainless SteelSilverBlackSilverBlack or WhiteSilver or WhiteBlack or WhiteSilverStainless SteelAqua, Cream, or RedBlack, Blue, or SilverSilver or WhiteBlack or WhiteBlack or WhiteBlack or SilverBlack or SilverBlackBlack
Power900 W2,200 W800 W1,000 W700 W800 W700 W700 W700 W900 W900 W2,300 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)1 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJul 2019Dec 2014Oct 2014Apr 2019Aug 2014May 2014Jul 2015Mar 2019Aug 2017Mar 2016Mar 2017Sep 2018Nov 2018Feb 2018Feb 2014Feb 2019Oct 2018Jun 2019
Discontinuation dateJul 2019Dec 2016Jun 2017May 2019Aug 2016Dec 2017Jul 2017Apr 2019Aug 2017Sep 2016Apr 2017Sep 2018Dec 2018Mar 2018Feb 2017Mar 2019Oct 2018Jun 2019
Replaced byALDI Ambiano 20L Microwave Oven (Jul 2019)ALDI Stirling 20L with Grill (Aug 2014, Aug 2015, Aug 2016)ALDI Stirling 25L Microwave Oven with Grill Function (Dec 2014, Dec 2015, Dec 2016)