ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones (Nov 2015)

See the Best Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It is ok

Cheap set of wireless headphones. Sound quality is ok. Used with TV is better. When used with laptop it makes a buzzing sound in the background. The headphone turns off within a minute of inactivity which is very irritating as you have keep turning it on and adjusting the volume.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

in perspective, hard to fault At All

I have Parrot zik 2.0, and these might sound better. Or almost. Or Close too. Or...
Look they don't have bluetooth and they're more 'on' ear cans than off. For me, I have them so the bottom half of my ear is In and the top 1/4 of my ear is under (er...making it, 'on' for the top quarter)(eh, maths)
And despite hating on-ear cans (My Marleys hardly get used), I am never not comfortable with these on.
Good weight
Good sound
Decent ANC - in this, it does everything the big boys do, but compared to my bros. S/Comfort 25s, it's not As strong effect.
Good foldy-swivelly factor for those for whom that is important

There is only 1.5 cons. Not even. 1.4 cons against it

There is, a slight, faint, higher register susurrus* noticeable if you have no music playing. Which, come on, doesn't even count RIght??
And no bluetooth. That would be handy but the kit comes with stereo lead, usb charging lead, airplane adaptors, decent case

If I Had Know How Good these were, I would have bought 3. Fact.

Also, I didn't factor the burn in, when I first used them. Made a huge difference

Unbeatable FOR THE MONEY....

No, these are not $400 Bose headphones, but they are not $400. But personally, I'd rather have these headphones and $370 in my pocket than have a set of $400 Bose phones. I travel quite a bit for my job and find that regular headphones don't work real well on airplanes. The noise of the engines makes it so you have to turn up whatever phones you are using to drown out the engine noise. I bought these at Aldi for $30 and have been using them around home and have been very impressed with them. Today was my first time on an airplane with them and all I can say is WOW. I turned them on and bang, it was instantly quiet! Yes, I could still hear the engines, but the roar was reduced to a faint background noise and I was able to turn on the music and not blast it full tilt to hear it. The sound is excellent, as is the reduction of background noise.

The reviews I read of these tend to fall into two camps. Those who bought them and got "good" ones love them. I fall into that camp. The noise reduction and sound is excellent. Battery life is good (and it it dies, you can still use them without the active noise canceling). Some people seem to have gotten defective units and understandably give them 1 star. There must be some bad ones in the batch, but if you get a set that functions properly, they work very well and are well worth the money.

IMPRESSED

for 35$ im actually stoked as i wasnt expecting them to be like the 400$ bose noise cancelling headphones im after... BUT BOY OH BOY, these really are bass blasters and i have a huge smile on my face. Price and quality is on point. THANKYOU ALDI

See all ALDI Noise Cancelling Headphones reviews