3.6

• Preheating Speed
  • Portability
Pete

PeteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Plate too small, very little heat

Opened the box to discover the plate was half the size of a normal iron. Decided to try it anyway, only to discover that even on the hottest setting, the plate doesn't heat up enough to iron normal clothes. You have to keep the steam button down the entire time to use the steam to generate enough heat to remove the wrinkles from the clothes. Another issue is the plastic water tank and thread for the cap is very cheaply build and I do not see this lasting long at all. Waste of money and we will be returning it.

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI.

Preheating Speed
Portability
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Handy if you are in a hurry

As a infrequent "ironer " I loved the no cord aspect. However because i am inexperienced I had to dock it twice while ironing one shirt to get it hot again. Only needs a few seconds to reheat but for a pile of ironing that would be a pain.

Be great for 1 article of clothing if you were in a hurry and if you are an experienced operator.

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for A$39.00.

Product is used Occasionally

TrishHunter Region, NSW

Disappointing product

I purchased the Easy Home cordless steam iron in May 2018 as it seemed like a good buy at the time and handy for when the current iron failed. This meant that I didn't start using it until about 9 months into the 12 month warranty. The iron was great while it worked but now does not sit properly on the recharge base so therefore doesn't charge. Very disappointing as I can't return it now. I've read other reviews of cordless irons and it seems that this is fairly common. Moral is to stick to the corded irons after all and also to start using a product when you buy it so that if it fails within the warranty period then you can return it.

Purchased in May 2018 at ALDI.

Roderick G.

Roderick G.Murray Region, NSW

A great iron

Very light and glides over my clothes. Does a wonderful job on all types of fabrics and clothes. There is no need to buy an expensive yron while thise model is around

Purchased at ALDI for A$49.00.

Frank Webb

Frank WebbMelbourne

Aldi Easy Home Steam Iron model 92154 6/2015

THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

Everything that Jan in the previous review wrote. Wonderful.

We already had an $800.00 steam station iron but this is is way better. It heats up faster, holds more water is not as heavy as it is smaller. Three steam variations meaning that you can go light, medium or heavy steam. I am so pleased that I waited in line at Aldi to get this steam station. Highly recommended. Paid $129.00.

Purchased in July 2019 at Aldi Maryborough Qld for A$129.00.

Product is used Daily
Clothing Material Cotton and Denim
Zdenka A.

Zdenka A.Sydney, NSW

Frustrating

Not hot enough, the on/off steam lever is in the way, I kept accidentally turning it off. It is not easy to hold it as the steam button is in the way. Cumbersome. The cord is short. Somehow feels cheap. Not happy. I am going to buy Philips one again.

Purchased in March 2019.

klubear

klubearGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bargain that does a great job

I just wanted a pink iron!!! LOL
And this one happened to come up at Aldi, and what's more it was on clearance!!
Better than any iron I've ever had before, and I love that it turns itself off because I am the most scattered mum there is!!! Always have to go back home to check I've unplugged the iron! Now I don't have to worry.

NNair

NNairCountry NSW

Works great

Extra long cord, iron is smooth with very quick warm up. Great price and seems to work fine. LCD display is not necessary but a good touch. Used it for last 5 months without a problem. The colour is not my cup of tea but it is a functional unit that would cost more in another brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Oils_89

Oils_89melbourne

Nice looking iron - works great

We have been using this for over a year now and it fulfilling its duties perfectly. Ironing usually happens in a morning rush. This iron heats up fast and keep its temperature well - glides nicely too. I don't usually use the steam but its there if you need it and the cord length is fine for me.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
pd56

pd56AU

Great iron-Wife loves it , Happy life..

Well, I can't believe how good this $19.95 iron is! It has a chrome base rather than a non-stick one but we find it actually glides better. It's a knockoff of the Phillips one we had (IMHO). The cord should be a metre longer but it heats up quickly and has all the standard features of irons that you pay 5 times the price. The only bugbear is it's near impossible to see the water level through the rose coloured case. Ironing grip is comfortable and the steam volume excellent. I wish I had bought a spare!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Madeleine

Madeleinebrisbane

great iron

I do a lot of ironing for my sons work clothes as well as my granddaughters frilly little dresses and the iron is a breeze to use I have it on the steam setting and only need to change the temperature when I iron the little fancy girls tutus so I highly recommend it

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Moose

MooseMoorabin

Solid feeling and irons well

This is one Aldi product that I am happy with. It has a solid decent feeling in the hand and is generally well made. Cord length is more than adequate and nice an thick too. The LCD thing is a neat trick but I didn't buy it because f that. It heats up well and more importantly, holds the temperature when you are doing cotton etc. Overall its a good iron.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
3patterns

3patternsLilydale

Two years - still going strong

My wife picked this up in one of those"special buys" at Aldi and its still going great. Its debatable whether an iron actually needs and LCD read out but this one has one and it works well. More importantly the iron is a decent weight and glides through the clothes well. No sticky hot plate problems otr anything - would buy again - good product.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Golf1957

Golf1957Chadstone

Great iron - love the LCD temperateure control

This iron has worked out very well. The feature that I thought was a bit of a novelty (the LCD screen control) has turned out to be extremely useful. No more guessing between cotton and linen. The steam is good and strong and the surface glides with great smoothness. Overall I am a happy customer. Would recommend.

V GOOD

Very happy with this iron and really loving it.It temperature settings and steaming features really really helpful for me. Its so light weight too. I highly recommend it to everyone and you will love it too. It heats up very quickly and very safe to use and place anywhere at my home.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
BlueNote2

BlueNote2Melbourne

Good classic style iron

This is a classic style steam iron purchased from Aldi in one of the "Special Buys". It has a solid feel to it and works just as you would expect -with one "modern" difference - the temperature is shown and set via a LCD screen. TBH the LCD is a bit of a novelty but the iron itself works extremely well. It does a cotton shirt in no time and has a solid shot of steam. No leaks, long cord - all good!

Lorryman

LorrymanMelbourne

Good Iron Works Well

This is a good iron. It feels good in the hand to use and glides nicely over fabric. It heats up well and keeps a good control of the dialed up temperature on the LCD. Steam works well too - no leaks or spits and the cord length is more than I need. I am entirely happy with this and would buy the same one again if needed

Cattleman

Cattlemanmelbourne

Well Made Iron

Got this from Aldi with my Saturday shopping. I don't need to iron much but occasionally I dress up and I need a proper looking shirt. This feels good in the hand. It heats up quickly and you can hear it regulating its temperature turning off and on so I guess the LCD system works. Its smooth to use and did the job just fine.

Ruth

RuthAustralia

Perfect

I bought a steam iron for $40 in Aldi last week, and I can see there really is a big difference between Kmart iron.
The huge amount of vapor also works when the clothes are really dry, shirts are done very easily and quickly.
Definitely recommend, not expensive and good quality

Date PurchasedApr 2018