2ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)
Part of ALDI Clothes Dryer 2.9

ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021) Questions & Answers (page 2)

VerifiedMPNs:STR-HPD80C and STR-HPD80W
darren h.
darren h. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Anyone know what E3 error code means

Steve

According to the owners guide the error code E33 temperature sensor failure - contact after sales service team 1300 11 4357 Aus

Andrew
Andrew · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi there, our heat pump has been amazing for a few months but today the cycle is so loud. Sounds like the belt has the brakes on the the drum keeps spinning. The manual doesn’t refer to a sun icon under the time left but that shows. Wondering if you have any answers please?

Mss
Mss

I haven’t experienced anything like this. I would call customer service for assistance.

Tracey W.
Tracey W. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

My drum stop working but still heats it only a couple months old

ALDI   DM

Hi Tracey, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with this product.

There are several possible causes why the drum doesn't spin. It's either a broken drive belt, faulty drum rollers, deteriorated drum bearing, or a faulty motor. In order for us to identify which of these is the culprit, please contact our online support at external link , or call the after-sales support centre on 1300 112 534.

Adam C.
Adam C.

Same my dryer has also stopped spinning.

ALDI   DM

Hi Adam, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with this product.

Tatiana A.
Tatiana A.

Same thing happened to my dryer :(

grace t.
grace t.

Same thing has also happened to my dryer after having it for 8 months, the barrel doesn’t spin and the clothes aren’t drying.

Chris D.
Chris D.

Same here, 3 month's and the dryer done 1 or 2 drys a week. Very very poor quality

Linda
Linda · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Where can I purchase a belt replacement for the Aldi heat pump dryer, thank you

The service agent is Residentia Ph 1300 11 4337 www.Residentiagroup.com.au

ALDI   DM

Hi Linda, Thank you for your enquiry.

Can you please confirm what belt you require? Is it the motor or drum belt?

Motor Belt - SKU 598130000072 - $5
Drum Belt - SKU 598130000104 - $10

As we do not accept credit card details by email, please give us a call on 1300 112 534 and our call centre representative will take payment and order the part over the phone for you.

It is the drum belt

ALDI   DM

Hi Linda, Thank you for confirming.

We have a drum belt in stock so if you wish to proceed with the order, please give us a call on 1300 112 534. Please note that our standard shipping fee is $15.00.

$10 Part but $15 Frieght

Christine M.
Christine M. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

We have just brought a 8 kg heat pump the base filter dose not have a filter between the lock casing
And the elements is this correct thanks

Mike A.
Mike A.

Hi Christine, l have the same problem, the user manual clearly state it has a base filter and it needs to be cleaned regularly but there is no base filter fitted from new!
I contacted tempo and they told me the base filter is not required!
Now fluff is going through the condenser and evaporator and they won't send out a technician unless l agree to pay for the service.. What is going on with Stirling Support.

Roxanne S.
Roxanne S. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

My dryer stopped spinning it’s only 3 months old

Mine did the same

Mine as well purchased july 2022

Linda

I have cleaned the filters, emptied canister, clean the filter at the bottom…..dryer turns on, drum not spinning?

Ashlee W.
Ashlee W.

Mine has just done this aswell

Heidi v.
Heidi v.

I’m having that Exact same problem it won’t spin it’s only 3 months old

Angela B.
Angela B.

Mine has just done the same

Tracey W.

My has just done this only couple months old

ALDI   DM

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with this product.

Aiden Davis

Mine has stopped spinning! How do we Fix it?

Graham

This Model is on sale again soon..Has it had any upgrades to make it last the Warranty period ?

Tony
Tony · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi
I have purchased the ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021) but recently started not drying the clothes
It looks that the heater not working
How can I get it repaired as on the label at the back it shows 3 years manufactory warranty

ALDI   DM

Hi Tony, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with this product! If this heat pump dryer is not functioning properly, there are a number of things that you can try:

- Check and clean the lint filters.
- Empty the water container.
- Check and remove any obstructions from the drain hose (if applicable).
- Choose a program with a higher drying intensity.
- Reduce the amount of washing.
- Untwist the items and dry them for a little longer.

Please keep in mind that it is normal if you can still feel a little moisture in your washing at the end of a program (depending on the heat level selected). Any residual moisture should be insignificant and should dissipate as soon as you shake the items out.

However, if none of this helps and your machine is still not drying/heating, I would recommend contacting our after sales support centre on 1300 112 534 (Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

Hi Tony I'm having the same problem did you happen to find a way to fix yours?

Hi Stephanie
It was very hard to get in touch with the company, to provide all documentation but on the end they sent out a technician to my home who advised that the dryer isn’t repairable and after couple of days they SMS’d me and arranged refund
I was lucky that the dryer had valid warranty

Has Any of these Machines that get used Made the Warranty Period

Hi Graham
From this particular model I would have to say NO as you have to be very lucky to get one which will work, with my friends we purchased 4 on the same weekend and only one is working
But the older models which were smaller I think 7Kg ones work like mad, my daughter bought one over 4 years ago, it is still working and she uses the dryer every day because of little kids
I hope Aldi will bring them back in

Paul. H
Paul. H · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

My dyer stops after a couple of minutes run. The door doesn't feel as if any heat is being produced when touching it.
The lint filter is always cleaned prior to use and the bottom filter is cleaned periodically.
I'm at a loss to further troubleshooting.
After reading comments this fault seems to be a common fault.
Is this unit returnable after 12 months ownership without receipt?

ALDI   DM

Hi Paul, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with this product. I would recommend contacting our after sales support centre on 1300 112 534 (Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm) for troubleshooting help or to arrange a service.

Civita I.
Civita I. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi all have bought the Aldi Stirling heat pump dryer and it seems to start ok an after a while it stops. Is this suppose to happen

ALDI   DM

Hi Civita, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with this product! If you are finding that the drying program is ending shortly after it starts, this could be because the load is too small, or because the washing load was too dry for the selected program. To remedy this, you could try drying a bigger load, or selecting a higher drying level (e.g. Heavy instead of Strong).

If this does not fix the issue, I would recommend contacting our after sales support centre at external link  or on 1300 112 534 (Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm) for further troubleshooting assistance, or to organise a service.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kindest regards,

ska
ska · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi there, just purchased the dryer over the weekend and we are finding that it stops after 1-2 minutes. Not sure if this is the cause, but as it runs all of our clothes are piling up on top of the lint filter. We have checked that the dryer is level and increased the gaps on all sides (it is now in the middle of our laundry on the floor) in case it was an air flow issue. Any other recommendations before I call customer support?

AR78

The sensor is dead. It is a common problem. After waiting months to get mine fixed. I took it back for a refund.

Daine B.
Daine B.

Maybe your overloading it? Did you try less clothes?

Terry
Terry · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi I have brought a dryer and washing machine and really need the stacker for it but they are out of stock due to no room in my house and I have a new born baby I was wondering how I can get one

Charlie W
Charlie W · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Is there supposed to be a filter screen attached to the back of the base filter. Can't be clarified with the sketchy instruction manual.
Cheers Charlie.

Lin

I have the very same question. I purchased my dryer yesterday 16/07/2022. My friend has a heat pump dryer, different brand but basically the same machine but it has a filter at the back of the base filter. I was wondering where mine was for my machine?

Charlie W

OK,thanks for that. I might follow it up with aldi. The four locator prongs on the back of the base filter would indicate that there is supposed to be something there. Cheers.

Agree. I'm contacting them tomorrow too. Cheers

Charlie W

OK. If you can post and let me know how you go that would be great.

Aiden Davis

I called the supplier. It is a miss print in the instructions. It's meant to be an open cavity.

Cheryl e.
Cheryl e.

Has anybody received an answer from regarding the base filter pads?

Charlie W

Spoke to the service agent yesterday. Received an email from them later saying the instructions were for a different model and the aldi one done have a base filter or a heat exchange. Sounds dodgy to me ,a heat heat pump without a heat exchanger.

Lin

Hi Charlie, I contacted the supplier and apparently there is no base filter. Weird because all I can see happening is that fluff is going to get stuck in the condenser even if it's cleared out, fine fluff will still get caught. They say it doesn't require the filter with this new model. Mmmmmm I'm still not sure.

Ray
Ray · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

I have just unpacked my new Heat pump dryer and found the base it sat on is wet and small puddles of water are sitting in the recesses

Colin A.
Colin A.

me too 1 hour ago

Ray

I rang Temp Aldi but they told me they do not have the model number or product number in their system. The model number is SHPD80W but it was like they did not believe me. They asked me to take a photo of the model number and send it to them, they said they would email me first, did not happen.
it's just very unusual to find water in the base of the packaging without thinking something was very wrong. Still waiting for their response.

Dave R.
Dave R.

Me too

Lin

Me too and no filter in the base filter ?

Aiden Davis

me too. seems to be working fine though.

Samir
Samir

Hi, after using it a few times, I found water sitting inside the base filter area under the condensing plates. I rang customer service but they told me it is normal which I do not think so as if they are true then it is badly designed.

Aiden Davis

water tank over full maybe?

May
May · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi can anyone give an honest review on aldi heat pump dryer after owning it for a while? They have them at Aldi the Saturday coming 16 July and I'm confused on whether I should purchase one or not. Thanks in advance ☺️

AR78

My advice would be buy it if you want to try it. If it fails take it straight back to Aldi for a refund. It isn't worth the frustration of getting it repaired. It takes months to get parts. I just returned the one I bought in July last year. The wifi function failed after 4 months. The sensor failed 4 months after that (apparently a common problem with these) so it stopped working altogether. The warranty service takes forever and I gave up waiting and took it back for a refund.

May

Thank you for your reply. Was Aldi good with returning with no problems? The one selling on Saturdsy is a newer version it's hard to say if it would have the same problems. Id it dey the clothes well? Might just give it a try.

Janette O.

Dont mine stopped tumbling and belt has come off and has a chunk out of the belt and guess what no replacement part in stock. Yay. Been offered a refund or replacement brought this on the 16/07/2022

Susan E
Susan E · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

What are the dimensions of this dryer. I have limited space.

ALDI   DM

Hi Susan, The dimensions of this dryer are approximately 595 (W) x 630 (D) x 850 (H) mm.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 112 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm.

Susiegers
Susiegers · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

I want to attach the drain pipe but the instructions are scarce has anyone successfully done this

Tim
Tim

Disconnect the blue hose at the bottom back of the dryer and attach white hose from packaging. Pull blue hose up and off before attaching drain hose supplied and place outlet of supplied drain hose in an empty bucket or container.

Thank you.

mjef
mjef · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi I have the same problem with 8 kg heat pump dryer starting, going for one minute then stopping. I’ve done all the recommended maintenance. It’s so frustrating! I don’t feel that I’ve even used it much- once a week!
Margaret J Kingaroy

ALDI   DM

Hi Margaret, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with this product! I would recommend contacting our after sales support centre at external link  or on 1300 112 534 (Monday to Saturday, 8:30am – 6pm) for assistance.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

tom S.
tom S.

Iv tryed calling but I get nothing

ALDI   DM

Hi Tom, We apologise for any inconvenience. Have you been provided by a case number upon contacting our After Sales Support? Please provide details so we can further assist. Thank you.

AR78

The problem is the sensor has failed. After 8 months of trying to get it repaired I took it back to Aldi for a refund. I suggest you save yourself the frustration and take it back to Aldi now.

Erica S.
Erica S. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

The water condenser is empty after 5 hours of drying cycles. There seems to be no manual to trouble shoot. What is the issue?

safwa70
safwa70

Can you hang these dryers on the wall like the old Fisher & Paykel?

Matthew S.
Matthew S.

No. They are too heavy and don’t have mounting brackets.

Jess H.
Jess H.

I am having this same issue now. Did you have any luck getting it to work properly?

ALDI   DM

Hi Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with this product.

We recommend contacting our After Sales Support on 1300 002 534 on Monday to Saturday 8:30am – 6pm. for assistance and to arrange service if necessary.

Jay
Jay · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

There is not a drop of water in tray after drying towels for 5 hours. Is this normal? Where is water going? I just bought this as a display model....

Dann
Dann

I'm having the same issue & can't even find a manual

Nev A.
Nev A. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Haha....I've been looking for a way to fix this problem! They don't even have any information on the stirling website for this model! I am SO disappointed was working fine until....today when it stops after a few minutes working! Ifcourse it would have to be on a public holiday I have emailed both aldi and stirling and will be calling tomorrow. So frustrating! It's only been a few months! Can anyone give me contact numbers for repairers or how I can go about a refund? Because it seems those who had it repaired still ended up with a faulty machine and I would rather not have to go through the agony of trying to get this issue resolved in months. I guess this is what you pay for purchasing from Aldi rather than a reputable goods provider!

ALDI   DM

Hi Nev, We are sorry to hear about your experience. Is the dryer completely not turning on or the drying program ends shortly after the start. Are there any warning indicator or error codes? If you haven't contacted our after sales support centre on 1300 112 534, please do so in order for us to assist with further troubleshooting steps and advise repair process if necessary.

Tempo

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Select a listing for your question
ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)