2ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)
Part of ALDI Clothes Dryer 2.9

ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021) Questions & Answers (page 3)

VerifiedMPNs:STR-HPD80C and STR-HPD80W
Anthony S.
Anthony S. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Hi, I just purchased the Stirling 8kg heat pump dryer and only been used 3 times, I am trying to dry two blankets and I am getting water tank full
Message, tank is completely empty but it constantly stops and says empty tank.

What should I do?

Larilou
Larilou

Hi, i'm having the same issue did you find a cure?

Anthony S.

Still waiting for repairer to attend.

Arun C.
Arun C.

I have the same issue. It’s stopping every minute and showing that tank is full.

Flo

I’m also having the same problem, every filter has been cleaned and checked etc, let it air out for a day with door open but still keeps stopping a minute or so after starting showing the “Tank Full” indicator light. It’s been emptied and check again and again but keeps stopping with same error, Tank Full”!!

Greg Hall

Oh dear, just found this thread and have to add my name to the list. Ours is plumbed with the drain line but started giving the flashing “tank full” error code. A real pity because we’ve loved this new machine. Does anyone have feedback from the supplier yet whether this is repairable or if it’s a matter of returning it for a refund?

Anthony S.

Repairer came out and determined that the pump was faulty, looks like it’s a common problem and part was ordered to repair…been two weeks already.

Flo

Repairer came out and said the float was sticking to indicate tank was full, did a manual modification and worked again for almost two loads of drying then same problem again. Not giving up just yet. Will book repaired again and see if we can make a longer term fix as I love the dryer and work great otherwise.

Hopper
Hopper

Same problem here. This dryer is giving us nothing but grief... From doing some research its a faulty drain pump and is also an issue with the same dryer under Kogan brand. I'm still waiting for a returned call from Tempo!!!

Toni K.
Toni K.

What is the number you called to organise a repair person because I too have this issue ... Devostating, I know :(

Toni their number is 1300886649

Greg Hall

Our repairer has also found the problem to be the water pump and float switch. Ordered new parts so hopefully they have them in stock

Sandy77
Sandy77

Bingo- same issue here. After finally speaking to someone they don't have the parts. We'll be returning the unit to the store this week... So frustrating.

Anthony S.

I called today and apparently parts arrived yesterday but there is a backlog of servicing.

Flo

2 weeks later after first repair lasted one load, I’m still waiting on a response to either send out repairer again (to fix what sound like a pump and float from your above fees back). Now they tell ME I can pay $220 to send to local repairer to have it looked at.
Are they joking!! That must be illegal, it’s supposed to have a 3 year in home warranty. I love the dyer and happy with its operation. Not sure I want to wait a month or so for part and repairs. Might be time for a refund.

Flo

Latest update: they did book a second repair but then changed their mind and said they will refund the money in 5-7 working days. So far correspondence has been ok. It did take almost two weeks for them to ‘escalate’ the repair status but now will refund. We keep the faulty unit.
Time to go shopping for a better brand at least twice the price $1200 for the lower end of the Heat Pump market.
Good luck everyone.

Elle
Elle

I found this review when I was having the same issue and was very dis-heartened to see so many have had the same issue and it seems that no one has been successful with repairs however, my clever husband found the issue straight away. It seems to be a faulty sensor for the water tank as the dryer ran as normal when the sensor was disconnected.
Also, there is a hose at the bottom of the water tank drawer that catches any water that is spilled from the tank and triggers the sensor. I use the drainage hose so it made no sense that the water tank would be triggering as full, but this hose under the water tank drawer was full of lint which could also be contributing to the problem.
I should mention that my husband is an electrician and wouldn’t recommend anyone attempt this without consulting an electrician but I thought it would be helpful to post.

Tam V.
Tam V.

Got same issue. I tried to fix by myself open the back. It may cause by the float sticking in the hole and the problem solved by pulling out the blue and white drainage hole from the bottom box. Hope it helps.

Mark
Mark

I’ve had this same problem as well and have reported it through to Tempo. Good news, I spoke with the local repairer who advised that the float is very light and can sometimes get stuck. This causes the machine to report that the tank is full, even though it’s not. He suggested that I:

1. Take the water tank out and empty it. Don’t put it back in yet.
2. Get a 600 ml bottle and half fill it with clean water
3. From the front, carefully pour the water where the water tank normally sits. Do this somewhere between the middle and the back as the water will then run down to a small hole at the very back where the water drains via a hose into the lower tank where the float resides
4. Put the water tank back in and then run the machine

For me, the above process raised the float which helps to free it up. The machine is now running as per normal.

Mark,
Thanks for this easy fix "empty the Container".
Sooo simple and it works !!!

MARK,
This fix of the "empty the tank" is the simple answer to solve the problem.
Thanks for the advice, sooo simple and it works !!!

Alex K.
Alex K. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Is this dryer available anywhere else besides Aldi. I live in Wollongong.?

Marti B.
Marti B. · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

Why do you advertise it when you dont sell it anywhere in Sydney. Was advertised for Saturday the 17 f July and we were informed that it was sold out everywhere in Sydney in the morning already...This really sounds a bit suspicious

rix
rix · Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)

can this model be wall mounted upside down?

Kelly P
Kelly P

Mr Wolf 15G
Mr Wolf 15G

Yes and it comes with a button array sticker so everything looks correct upside down

Jaz M.
Jaz M.

Do you have any info (web address, website) on the wall mount and where I can purchase it from?

RZZ
RZZ

ME Too!!! I thought I was just unlucky! I also found that there are rusty spot in the base metal due to the metal piece has been contacted water, so it seems that the base has been in contact with water for a period of time. I have contacted the company and hope I will receive a call tomorrow. I brought from Ashfield Aldi yesterday.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Select a listing for your question
ALDI Stirling 8kg STR-HPD80W (Jul 2021)