ALDI Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019)

ALDI Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019) Questions & Answers

MPN: 59905
Listing monitored by ALDI

3 questions from our users

Tariq mehmood
Tariq mehmoodasked
Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019)

Geneator shows warning lights .red and green. And also he does not make ignition. Plz help me

Reviewer R.

Contact the service number for help

Stirling
Stirlingasked

Howe?

Andy M.asked
Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019)

The generator is being used on my fridge.
After about 30-40 mins, the red “overload” light comes on and the power to the fridge is cut off.
I’ve replaced oil, fuel, cleaned air filter.
Cleaned spark plug.
Any tips?

Fishtrmblatmynm

I'm no mechanic, but your/my generator is air cooled, to me the overload is also connected to overheating maybe? Try setting the generator more out in the open to let more cool air flow around it, this is a safety/health issue as well. Like Humans a generator in a confined space starts consuming unbalanced air, (less oxygen more carbon), and starts to work harder, some people put a box around it to weather protect and/or reduce the noise, this could cause a restriction to oxygen; your generator actually runs on Oxygen the Fuel is only there to cause the oxygen to burn/explode, less oxygen means less power, thus the harder the generator will have to work to meet the load this will then cause overloads. I do know that multiple leads, (long leads joined together), multiple connections reduce power and could cause a gradual heating and overload, also a skinny lead in the middle, some chinese leads might be underrated, try putting a heavier lead to your fridge; I'm assuming you are using an RCD device, is this old and causing the generator to push the flow through a constricted connection, which also makes me wonder if any of your leads have a build up of corrosion on the positive or negative contacts; also is there a replacement plug on one of the leads and is it not done well and maybe has a few strands missing where the cable connects to the pin, causing an obstruction to the flow of power? A hot plug junction is evidence of this. One more suggestion, if a lead is coiled up, this too chews up available power and causes overheating in the lead, (very unsafe, melting of the lead and fire are the end result), and this can cause overload to your generator. That's all I've got since you have done everything else.

Andy M.

Thanks for your response!
I don’t have an RCD, not sure what that is.
I saw someone said best to have a UPS for devices like computers and fridges, but I don’t have one of those either.

I tried a couple of different leads.
The unit was out on the deck, with I believe plenty of air, didn’t feel like it was getting hot.

Maybe the inverter can’t keep up with the fridge when the the motor kicks in and is drawing big power?

I’ve had a Honda unit in the past which was running the same fridge, tv and computer.

Fishtrmblatmynm

An RCD is vital for your safety, it stands for Residual Current Device, your Generator can kill you if there is a breakdown in the motor insulation in the device you are powering, your generator instruction book is very clear on having one of these, they are easily purchased from any hardware store. What is the rating Watts altogether of all units connected to your generator, the instructions say that you must times it by 3 for the initial start. Example: a small grinder rated at 900 watts needs 2700 watts to start; I don't think this is your problem as you say it runs for about 30-40 mins; if you have multiple devices with 'watts' that add up close or only just exceeding the rated wattage this also could cause the problem, if only one device and the wattage is well under it leaves only 3 things, either your gen is faulty or the fridge is faulty, or maybe a faulty lead, sorry that's about all I have.

See all ALDI Inverter Generator questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Work Zone Inverter Generator 3600W (Jun 2018, Apr 2019)

Other Generators