Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 0 Progression JTD-M

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 0 Progression JTD-M (2013-2014)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never will I buy another Alfa

Where to begin? I feel in love with the car as soon as I saw it and needed to have it. I knew that Alfa previously had a bad wrap but I assumed that after yrs of no Alfa that they would have smartened their act up, sadly I was wrong.... for the first year of owning it, it was pure bliss then the trouble started. It was recalled and had to have wiring fixed because of a fire hazard issue.... took the car back to the dealership in Brisbane to get the recall fixed, after 2 weeks of my car being there they called and advised that they didn’t have all the correct wiring and it will need to be booked back in. The wiring finally came in and it was replaced which took over a week, after the new wiring went in this is when faults stated appearing on the screen... this stated off with the car screaming at me and beeping because even though all passengers and driver had their seatbelts on the car system said they didn’t and beeped, later on it said doors weren’t closed properly which meant that the car wouldn’t lock with the fob but had to be done manually, I had engine warning lights come on etc etc basically the dash board was like a Christmas tree.... all the times these faults happened I took it back to Alfa, they would reset the computer to make the faults go away but they didn’t know how to fix the problem, I called around to local machenics like Midas etc including ones that specialise in European cars and no one knew how to fix it including Alfa Romeos workshop form where I bought it from. During this time there was a rattle in the dash that was never possible to find just a rattle that drives you crazy. The DNA system is a load of crap, just the car holding it revs longer and the fake heavy feel in the steering wheel but it’s not a very engaging feel, it didn’t feel right to me and I never used it unless I was on the highway as all scence of steering went away it feels quite fauge which isn’t comphforting. No one knows how to service the car properly I’m always having to take it back because either wrong oil goes in or there isn’t any info on what things to use so it take them a while to let you know what’s happening..... there isn’t enough info on the car for a machenic including the dealerships machenic.... it’s a beautiful looking car but it’s cheaply put together with plastic that breaks and no info.... I’m truely sad to say that I wouldn’t recommend this car or Alfa all together as my mother in law has the new suv and it’s already causing her problems and she has only had it form 4mths

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Perfect car!

Love this zippy gutsy little beast. Dynamic mode leaves the fastest for dead. So reliable and spacious enough. Only a few minor things: missing a grab handle on passenger side roof, and there's no clock on the radio/dash but other that it's the perfect little car while still being very punchy. Oh and torque is incredible.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

So good

I bought my gulietta in 2013 as a demo with 2000k she's a 2012 2lt turbo diesel distinctive model with a sport upgrade which adds the QV model 18" wheels and brakes and leather bolstered seats, she's black and gorgeous.
I've driven her on daily 150km round trip commutes over the last two years racking up over 70000km average speed 110kmph fuel economy around 6.2lt per 100km and a range of about 990km per 60lt tank. I've had no problems except for a leaking windscreen washer hose that was sucking air instead of water.The dealer has failed to reset the mileage after oil changes which has resulted in a red oil warning light scaring the life out of me but just indicating a service is due, service intervals are 15000 km which seems way to long to me but I've had no problems. Mine has the twin clutch auto which is great, I have the option of shifting manually with paddles or the stick but I can't better the auto for sporty driving. I have had three tires delaminate on me, I think that may be an issue with low profile tyres as they where two different brands. I find the car handles best on the Pirelli zeros. After 70000km all the fittings have held up perfectly there is an annoying resonance in the dash when coming of throttle that's started just recently though I'll get the dealer to take a look.
I had to write this in response to the review above on the diesel with transmission problems may be an issue with manuals. My car has been completely reliable, fun to drive(the diesel has awesome torque) and I love looking at her curves.