See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Wonderful all rounder

The car has been designed beautifully inside and out. With Dynamic mode switched on, the 1.75 engine responses well - turbo lag is non-existent, high power output at low rev and continue to climb all the way to 5,000 rpm. Handling is excellent however the electronic steering does not give much satisfaction around bendy roads - Natural mode is too fidgety and Dynamic is too heavy.
I owned the QV thus it is not the most comfortable car on bumpy roads - a bit stiff at times however extremely stable and flat going through corner at high speed.
Uconnect works fine, clear resolution and superb sound reproduction from the Bose system however a bit slow at times.
After two years and 45k, there are no mechanical issues with the car whatsoever however servicing can get quite tricky as normal mechanics do not have the appropriate scanning tool to diagnosed the car.

BadgeQV

My dream come true

I always wanted to own an Alfa Romeo and at the advice of many skeptical friends and specialised reviews I ended up in buying many other so called reliable brands. Nothing more further from truth and I wonder if my advisors ever owned one to clasify it so unfairly( unreliable, not made for Australia..as if the roads are different here). I don't think I ever enjoyed driving a car as much as my Giulietta. So responsive, dynamic and yet stiff and stable on the road. I love the way it takes off and leaves everyone behind at 50km/h only when I pinch thr pedal and how stable is when taking curves, I nearly had car sickness. I am not interested hundred leds, cup holders, rear camera, sunnies holder in the car because for me a car is made for the pleasure of driving not to drink coffee in it and stretch my legs. My other (brand new) cars had them all and wouldn't move on the road as good, even at full throtle. The leather seats are beautiful and comfy. Interior has minimalistic bolt beauty. Sound system is not bad and can be better.I can't appreciate if passengers are comfortable, I bought it for myself and daily city trips. I find it quite economical although I drive it in dynamic mode on daily basis. I spend the same money on petrol as for the Mazda 3. So far I haven't had any issue with anything (3000km so far), only pure joy to drive it every day. I agree that any cheaper car take you where you need but Alfa is more than this!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good looking car

I love the look of this car and and it is top quality. The passenger space is tight and storage space is lacking. It is not a smooth drive and I don’t like the way the computer handles changing gears but still enjoy driving it anyway. I don’t like all of the controls being located for a left hand drive car, it would be nice if they reversed them for a right hand drive car.

TransmissionTwin clutch transmission

Looks meet functions

In short, excellent car. You won't see many of them around, it's a head turner, and so far we had zero issues with it. It's the perfect safe family car where size, practicability and comfort meets style and easy maintenance. Tank of fuel takes you a loong way in this Alfa, very economical for a luxury car!

BadgeProgression
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Pretty car but bad customer service

I really like the giulietta. It doesn't disappoint. Very zippy with decent power. Fuel economy is average but I do mostly city driving. Stop start function has delay so I don't use it. Cup holders r tiny and too close together u can only use one. Needs more internal dash lights so you can see where the key whole is. No other real problems.
Customer service on other hand. I bought from Doncaster Alfa and they were great. So patient with all my questions and I got a good deal. But main office call two months into having car to say I needed a recall on my vin plate as it has wrong manufactor info. alfa never arranged it to be done. I called a few times and got no where. Lodged a case so they would look into it and no one responded. Called to find out status of case and got a rude man who talked to my like I was an idiot girl. Didn't get anywhere. I lodged a complaint and no one ever responded. This wasn't ever a dealership. Can't fault the dealership at all. This is main office being so unhelpful and rude. Once it's time to sell this car I won't buy another Alfa only because customer services was the worst I've ever experience and I don't need that treatment in my life from a car manufacturer.

BadgeSprint
Date PurchasedMar 2016

It's not a Car, it's an AlfaRomeo...

THE best driving experience ever! The performance is like a race car!, handles beautifully, quiet and classy.. Love everything about the interior but we are yet to work out how to lock the doors from inside.. The running costs are - literally - next to nothing - even in dymo mode. Very reliable, family darling!

BadgeProgression
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Best car I've owned.

I've owned and driven many cars, and the Giulietta has been my favourite by far. Enjoy the way it handles and drives. Nice transmission and engine sound. Truly a drivers car. Smooth and comfortable on the road. (Although, the 16"wheels help, compared to the 18"which I test drove) No rattles or problems. Other makes are over rated.
Well done Alfa Romeo.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

What a fantastic car this is!

The combination of the newer version of the 4C 1750 engine and TCT gearbox is a match made in heaven. It packs a proper punch, sounds great and the gearbox is flawless. An absolute joy to drive. Turbo lag is non existent and it loves to rev. Enough has been said about the Giulietta's exterior styling over the years, it is a beautiful car and turns heads like you wouldn't believe. The interior is stylish with good materials, well built too, there are no rattles or squeaks anywhere. This car, as well as the Giulietta Multiair I owned for 4 years before I bought the QV, are the most reliable cars I've ever owned. I don't even have a blown light bulb or a bit of top-up oil to report. Unlike VAG vehicles that are riddled with factory faults. The Giulietta had a long gestation period and it shows. I absolutely love this car, there is nothing else on the market I want to replace it with. This one is a keeper, fantastic job, Alfa!

BadgeQuadrifoglio Verde
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Hi guys, Looking to buy a second hand 2015 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde Auto, 1.8L Turbo Petrol with 33,000 k's on the clock. any advice, reliable option? still has 1 year of warranty on it. thanks
Hi I have the distinctive, I wouldn't buy one new, let alone second hand. This car is not recommended by me at all, the only thing it's got going for itself is the look of the front but even that gets spoiled by the fact that the top of the windscreen blisters and Alfa Romeo don't want to know about it (biggest cheap skates and great at shirking the blame onto you or some other factor.) Get a Toyota "anything" they are reliable, don't fall apart and cost an arm and a leg for every little thing !Mine has not given me any issues whatsoever. Drive like the day it came out of the showroom. I have a Manual QV 1.8L

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 1 Distinctive (2014-2016)Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 1 Progression (2014-2016)Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 1 Sprint (2015-2016)Alfa Romeo Giulietta Series 1 Quadrifoglio Verde (2015-2016)
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $33,000$29,000$31,000$39,000
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT) and ManualManualManualDual-Clutch (DCT) and Manual
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.8L
Max Power125kW @ 5500rpm88kW @ 5000rpm110kW @ 5500rpm177kW @ 5750rpm
Max Torque250Nm @ 2500rpm215Nm @ 2500rpm250Nm @ 2500rpm340Nm @ 1900rpm
Country of ManufactureItalyItalyItalyItaly
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateDec 2014Dec 2014Nov 2015Nov 2015