Alinta Energy Questions & Answers

1.8 from 1,084 reviews

80 questions from our users

Omar

Omarasked

Very Poor customer service, and they are provide customer service from overseas, they work like robots, inefficient, I am lucky I cancelled service right after I sign up
I was with AGL, happy to continue as Alinta seems no reliable and they don't look after customers

Susu
Susu

Alinta continue to lie about investigating any problems but post they are happy to do so. Disgusting that they continue to lie to the public reading the reviews as well.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Omar, I'm sorry this has been your experience with Alinta Energy as this is not the type of customer service we want any of our customers to experience. I am located here in Australia (WA) and if there is anything I can help you with, I am a private message away or if you prefer to send me through an email - I'd be happy to pass this on to you. Thanks, Ada.

Leslie

Leslieasked

advantages pamphlet ways to stay warm says the suns warmth comes from the South ?? Not in Australia. Where are you Asia or us ??? Les

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Leslie, thanks for your comment. We appreciate you pointing this out to us, this has been picked up and passed on. Thanks, Ada.

Steve C.asked

I have solar and receive a credit every bill. Currently around $780 in credit. How do I arrange to have this money paid out to me?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Steve, thanks for your comment. I have sent through a private message. Thanks, Ada.

aimz
aimz

hey mate, did you end up getting a response? I too have credit but there seems to be no way in withdrawing this money

Steve C.

They told me to contact them to arrange the credit. To be honest I’ve done nothing about it. When you read their contract it says that money remains as a credit on the account and if you leave them you forfeit it.
See how ya go mate.

Billy Vasked

How do I learn if my Account is in debit or credit (my a/c no is 10116260 )

yes I did ask this question BillyV

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Billy, thanks for your comment. I have sent through a private message to be able to explain this to yourself. Thanks, Ada.

tanyak55

tanyak55asked

I signed up with a voice recording over the phone. I was told I would receive a welcome pack. If I decide to use the 10 day cooling off period to cancel-----is it 10 days from the phone sign up, or 10 days from when I receive my welcome pack???? I haven't got the welcome pack yet, either by email or post- so I would just like a straight answer-is it 10 days from phone sign up or from when I receive my welcome pack???

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Tanyak, thanks for reaching out. I have sent through a private message to discuss this further with yourself. Thanks, Ada.

Spiderwebbasked

Our previous energy provider here in Qld refunded any credit accrued back to our bank account, after searching the Alinta website and re reading through our paperwork i cannot find any reference to this when with Alinta. It was one of the things we asked and were assured of by the representative when switching providers. I have found a small paragraph which seems to imply that Alinta keep any credit accrued. The whole point of the credit was to pay off the thousands spent investing in a roof full of solar panels. Is there a way to receive the credit as a refund? If not i think we will go back to our previous provider. Thanks Angela

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Angela, unfortunately this credit only applies as a credit to your account. Accrued credit cannot be payed out to yourself as per our solar terms and conditions. Thanks, Eve

Spiderwebb

Obviously not the provider to be with if you can still access the solar rebate, we will be returning to oour previous provider asap.

Lyn

Agree with u Spiderwebb. So so very sorry we moved over to alina, what a con if u have solar panels. Pay us out like every other company does

Tina.

Tina.asked

My last bill $528.89 - for one person?? with the discount comes down to $392.42 -84 billing days
previous bill $301.25, with discount $244.04 -89 billing days.
my previous bill $405.46, with discount $324.28 -96 billing days.(ok that was over winter)

but the last one, $528.89, winter has only just started, one person lives here, no air con or over head ceiling fans in house, no clothes dryer..shorter billing days..as consumption has gone up double (20) nothing has changed at home, all same appliances???

Been on the phone to them twice, they wont send anyone to check the meter unless I pay for it! what a joke, this bill is consumption for 3 people, this does not add up, seriously thinking of leaving! many of my neighbours have alinta, and bills way lower than mine, with double the appliances..it just doesn't add up.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Tina, thank you for reaching out. We are very concerned to hear this and we want to help. If you would like to send me a private message me with your full name on the account and the account or customer details, I would be more then happy to take a look for yourself. Thanks, Ada.

therecs

therecsasked

I signed up for Alinta from 9Saver during the Big Switch. I have been with them for a while. Last year I received my bill from Alinta it was about $1,000.00/quarter. Installed a 7.92Kw solar system the next bill became $1,400.00/quater. The electrician who installed the solar panel accepted that their installer had not installed the smart meter and gave me a credit.

After reading all these negative comments I have rechecked my last bill that is due for payments.
Well for a start we have one 50 inch TV less than last year, secondly, 1 person less for 5 weeks during that reporting period and our daily usage for the same period last year has ballooned from to 2.98kWh/day to 13.23kWh. More than 4 times the daily usage as same time last year.

Alinta I don't think so. You might be one of the cheapest per kWh. But your accounting is erroneous.

This is copied and pasted from the bill

When you'll receive your next bill
For quarterly bills: your electricity
meter will be next read on
approximately 26 Sep 2018.

Ha Ha Ha
Is your company joking?
2018???

Why the increase in usage?

Why 2018?????

Marco

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Marco, we are concerned to hear this. We would like to investigate this urgently for you. I have sent you a private message. If you'd like to respond I'd be happy to help. Thanks, Emilia.

Cate

Cateasked

How much does it cost to move home?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Cate, this depends on which state you are in. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Thanks, Rose.

Brent kasked

My account is in credit ,can I ask for part refund from the amount I have in credit?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Brent, this is depending on why the credit is on your account. There can be a credit on the account for a Solar Feedin rebate or an over payment of funds to your bill. I will send you a PM now to discuss further. Thanks, Rose.

Brent k

I pay money every fortnight onto my account, so I'm wondering if I can take some money back to myself

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Brent, you can call 13 37 02 and request the refund. I can also help you with it, I would need to get your account details and email the correct team so if it is urgent I would suggest giving our Customer Service centre a call. If you'd like me to help please send me a PM with your details and how much you'd like refunded. Thanks, Rose.

Paul K

Paul Kasked

I’m getting the feeling that I’m not able to get access to my credit amount. Is this true? It only gets applied to my next bill? Please advise if I am able to claim my credit and how I do that.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Paul, I will send you a PM to discuss further as it depends on which state you are in and also what the credit is from, whether it be an over payment or solar rebate. Thanks, Rose.

Grace

Graceasked

Why does the number to call not even ring when i try to call it?
13 37 02 is what I am calling from NSW and it just says call ended every time.
This is ridiculous. The website says 8am-9pm Monday to Friday so it should be working.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Grace, the number that you are calling is correct and you also have the correct opening times. I do apologise but I'm not sure why this is happening for you. I can get someone to call you if you'd like, please feel free to send me a private message with your details so I can organise this for you. Thanks, Rose.

Lynasked

Reading from the above regarding Section 6, So the $800 + dollars that we have in credit. We are not going to receive at all.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Lyn, thank you for your question. We do apply the $800+ dollars to your bills. However, in our Terms and conditions for Queensland, we would be unable to refund the solar credit if you were to leave Alinta Energy. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks, Emilia.

Derek Spray

Derek Sprayasked

I have a Commonwealth Seniors Health card and I am registered with Synergy and getting a rebate from Synergy. I am not getting the rebate from Alinta. The Alinta documents says i have to register with Synergy but Synergy tell me to register with Alinta! I appear to have missed out on 6 years Health card rebate.

What can I do.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Derek, Alinta Energy does not have an energy rebate, but if you're an eligible concession cardholder, you should register your details with Synergy. This may sound confusing, but as the State Government-funded energy rebate is for gas and electricity usage, the rebate is administered by Synergy through your Synergy account. You're eligible for this rebate if you hold a government concession card such as a Health Care Card, a Seniors' Card (State Government), a Pensioner Concession Card or a Department of Veterans' Affairs Card. For more information, visit the Synergy website.
Hope this helps, this information can also be found on our website please click onto the attached link. https://www.alintaenergy.com.au/wa/faqs
Kind Regards, Rose

Terry Howlettasked

How come when our daily consumption is 22 kwh charged out at $5.64 per day & the total days charged was 89 days you multiply that = $501.96 and your charge before the discount is $658.88 how do you come up with a $157.35 Discount or is it just ADDED ON.
This according to our Current Invoice - Thanking you Terry - Account No 1572 6948

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Terry, I will send you a PM to get some more detail so I can look into this for you. Thanks, Rose

Mitch S.
Mitch S.

It is like these pay before discounts are just made up figures, I just got a similar bill $588 before and $452 after discount almost 140 difference avg daily charge $4.82 @19kw =$453 over 94 day period, shouldn't power companies be displaying the before discount figure as a late charge rather then before discount seems to be very misleading

Terry Howlett

Alinta have yet to respond to this Question ??
If the Discount Figure was consumed as well, then taken off - But I don't think that is the Case !!!

Guy Mayneasked

Why was I changed over to origin without my consent I have been a loyal customer to ALINTA and I have always played my gas bills .

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Guy, this is very concerning to hear. We'd like to help, I have responded to your private message. If you could please respond, Thanks, Emilia.

Guy Mayne

Its ok Emilia I'm back with ALINTA rang up ALINTA the other day and got it all fixed up thank you :)

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

No worries Guy, Glad to hear everything is now sorted. If you do need help in the future please doesn't hesitate to reach out as we are happy to help. Thanks, Emilia.

Aunty NIKasked

How can it be that Alinta Cust service keeps me on the phone for 8 hours no this is for real, 8 hours and still no resolution to a ridiculously high bill suddenly?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Aunty Nik, I have sent you a Private Message requesting more information. I will be able to help you once I receive this from you. Thanks, Rose

Aunty NIK

better to send me an email

I have responded to your private message. Thanks, Rose

Wes

Wesasked

Is there a discount for electricity for Pensioners?

Colin
Colin

Only QLD Gov Electricity Rebate

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Wes, you would receive the discount that we provide and your State Pension discount would be given to you. If you need anymore help let know. Thanks, Lou

Annie

Annieasked

I am an Alinta Customer for Electricity and Gas and am looking at Solar Panels. My question is, what is the cost of the new smart meter which you will need to install and what is your feed-in Tarif? Thanks

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Annie, thanks for reaching out. The cost of a smart meter and the feed in tariff does differ between states. Are you able to send me a PM and I can help you further. Thanks, Lou.

Nandiasked

Hi Alinta,
I'm currently with Alinta for both electricity and gas and going to move to a new address. How can I keep my same contract for the new place? Appreciate your quick reply

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Nandi! Thank you for getting in touch with us. If you call our customer service agents, they will be able to transfer your account onto the new property. You can contact them on 13 37 02. Otherwise if you would like to send a private review message to us with your contact details, I can organise someone to call you :) Thanks, Tigi

Nandi

Hi Alinta, I am moving the house and I want to continue the same contract deal 43 as it is more beneficial for me than the current offers. I have one more year to continue deal 43 benefits as I took it in 2018. I checked your website and it says when moving houses I can continue my contract or select a new offer. But the customer service agent that I talked today said alinta website has false information regarding moving houses where I have to select a new offer if I am moving to a new house even though I have another one year to get deal 43 benefit with alinta. Very unprofessional and confusing.
The only reason i am with Alinta is the deal 43 offer that I am currently with. Alinta has advertise that when customer is moving they can continue the same contract or start a new one. Therefore I believe i can i continue the same contract when I am moving to a new house. Please do reply. Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Alinta Energy representatives