Alinta Energy

Alinta Energy (page 2 of 55)

1.8 from 1,085 reviews

Yvonne HandleySouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting waiting waiting and I haven't even actually Started yet !!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

My apologies Yvonne. Normally your welcome pack comes in the post and takes 7 - 10 business days. I have sent you a PM to discuss this further as I'd like to know how you'd like to proceed from here. Thanks, Eve

Yvonne Handley

I have not recieved a PM from you or any request to accept PM.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

My apologies Yvonne, I'm not sure why my PM did not show immediately after posting.

Hopeful

Hopefulgympie

Tried to find info to make a decision to change- After mediation through PR, there has been progress

Jack

JackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worse company, worse customer service

This is the very bad company. Customer service is a joke, on the phone for too long and cannot solve problems. The staff was very rude and not train to do his job properly.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Jack, I'm sorry this was your customer service experience. I'd like to help you. I've sent you a private message for more details so I can work on resolving this for you. Thanks, Eve

Gaye-Ann H.

Gaye-Ann H.South East Queensland, QLD

Do NOT trust Alinta

Extremely disappointed with Alinta. Our power bill is 3 times more than it was this time last year with our previous electrical supplier!! And we had a house full of tradesmen renovating last year, yet none now!! And we have 24 strong working solar panels & our bills are still 3 times more than last year!! When I called Alinta multiple times, I've not been given any answers nor help in any way to resolve the problem.
We will be changing back to our previous supplier ASAP, as Alinta DO NOT CARE about their customers!! They just take your money!!
If we had known how BAD they are when we got talked into believing they were cheaper than everyone else, no way we would have changed to them.
Very Unhappy Customer!!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Gaye-Ann, I'm sorry this has been your experience. I'd like to help you. I've sent you a private message to get more details. Thanks, Eve

Neil

NeilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor service

Wasted hour in shopping centre entered wrong
Billing house advised twice over phone then
Had response had no nmi number couldn’t do
Waste of time
Writing review now want more than 30 words
More waste of time

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Neil, thank you for reaching out about your experience. I'd like to help you. I've sent you a private message to get more details. Thanks, Eve

No customer retention!!

Went to move house in the same suburb was told that I would no longer receive the pay on time 28% discount and rate would be higher!! Was told that if I stayed in the same house and not move I could keep receiving the discount. That makes no sense!! Was then hung up on after 40 mins when I asked to speak to a team leader. I called back and was told too bad that’s what it was. No respect for customers or retention. Would not let me speak to a team leader.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Christina, I am sorry for your customer service experience. Unfortunately there are new regulations in place now that mean we can no longer offer any discounts. I've sent you a private message to see how I can help you. Thanks, Eve

Ursula L.

Ursula L.South East Queensland, QLD

I was pushed by Jordan in Cannon Hill so much I didnt want to walk back that way he made me so uncomfortable.

Very rude. Pushed the sale too much. Told him no and he wouldn't take this as an answer. I said again who I was through and he kept pushing. Very rude

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Ursula, I'm sorry to hear this. This is not how we want our representitives to represent Alinta Energy. I've sent you a private message for more details. Thanks, Eve

Denise Turnbull

Denise TurnbullGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid this company at all costs

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Denise, I'm sorry for your loss. I apologise for the ordeal of trying to get this account finalised. I'd like to look into resolving this for you. I've sent you a private message for further details. Thanks, Eve

Alinta Energy - they don't disconnect my energy

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Larissa, I understand this has now been resolved for you. If you have any further queries, please feel free to get in touch. Thanks, Eve

Dani

DaniMurray Region, NSW

Huge Electricity Bill

Since switching to Alinta our electricity bill has tripled to $1,552.82 (before pay on time discount) We went through I-select and were told this company would save us money?! Extremely disappointed.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Dani, I'm sorry this has been your experience with Alinta Energy and I understand how frustrating this may become. I'd be more than happy to have a further look into this for you. I have sent you a private message to discuss further. Thanks, Ada.

Bryan T.

Bryan T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Empty promises. Do not trust them.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Bryan, I do apologise you feel this way towards Alinta Energy and I do want to help you have this resolved. I have sent you a private message to discuss this with you further. Thanks, Ada.

AIRBORNEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fake Discounts - - Alinta Energy Rips Off Veterans

Australian Veterans'

Re: Alinta Energy 'Pay On Time' RIP OFF

Veterans on TPI and/or Special Rate Pensions entitled to utility 'concessions' can avoid Alinta Energy rip off labelled 'Pay On Time' concession.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi AIRBORNE, I do apologise you feel this way. To confirm I fully understand I have sent you a private message to discuss this with you. Thanks, Ada.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi AIRBORNE, I’m very interested and wanting to have a look at this. Can you please private message me and email me a photo, I have sent through my email in private message to you. Thanks, Ada.

HonestRater

HonestRaterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They cost more than all of them combined!

Ryley

RyleyGippsland, VIC

Deceased estate threaten to disconnect

maddiesmum

maddiesmumQueensland

Changed contract rate saying it’s GST

Lucas

LucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Appalling!!! Don't Bother!!

Do not I repeat do not use alinta!
I would ZERO star Alinta if I could! I have tried and tried again to get my electricity connected. I have wasted days waiting for someone to show up and connect my power supply only to find out they cancelled my session!! After questioning why, they denied everything and said everything was fine.
I cant say I'm happy paying off someones mortgage to sit in the dark.
Im going with Origin.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Lucas, I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I'd like to look into this for you. I've sent you a message to get further details from you so I can help. Thanks, Eve

Rude Shock with customer care

I have been with Alinta for 3+ year without shopping around. I even prepaid ($1038) to make my life easy and be bill free for a long time. I usually do it for the utilities. Recently I got to know of other providers who dont charge account service fee and I asked Alinta to wave it off too. How they behaved (on call and email) just opened my eyes. I am appalled by the customer service and someone who pay so much extra have to deal with them. SAD. But glad I made my mind to move over to another provider.

laura g.
laura g.

Dear Alinta. Yes re-coaching to lose customer seems to be appropriate at this level. 02 of my friends moving to their new homes have decided to take a lesson and will refrain from Alinta now...

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Laura, yes I do understand and I have replied to your private message. Thanks, Ada.

Zars Dale

Zars DaleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DON'T USE ALINTA ENERGY

Just got our gas bill it has gone up $60 since last quarter, joke is we were away for a time . Rang them (in the (Philippines) and they could not care less about it and they were rude and arrogant. I am taking this further because this is a ripoff. The pay on time discount is fake, the amount is already padded onto the bill. I will be moving from this provider. If you are thinking of using them - don't they are the worst.

Linda E.

Linda E.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love alinta

I have been with alinta for at least 5 years never had any issues, customer service is lovely and quick to help, my bills are always pretty low around the $200 mark every 3 months for 2 people who use a lot of electricity. be polite when you call they’re people too I’m sure all the angry negative reviews are from people ringing up and abusing! Couldn’t recommend alinta enough I will stay with them for as long as I can!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Linda, thank you so much for this great feedback! We do appreciate hearing about our customers great experiences, I have sent you through a private message. Thanks, Ada. :)

Don D.

Don D.Southwest, VIC

Avoid this company at all costs and if anybody else in Victoria wants to go to the ombudsmen along with me let me know

I can’t even give this company a one star rating. Just received my first gas bill for 43 days ..$800! I’m one person having two showers max per day and central heating which I use for about half hour in morning and 4 to 5 hours at night. I’m a nurse I’m gone most of the day. I’m phoning the ombudsmen first thing tomorrow. Looks like a few people have complained about this company. I won’t be paying this ridiculously high bill and I’ll be going to another provider. Friends with the same size house and who use theirs more than me have bills a quarter of mine. Alinta can’t seem to wrap their head around how ridiculous this bill is . Do not deal with them!

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Don D, thank you for your review. I do understand we have been conversing on Facebook in order to have this followed up for you. If there's anything else I can help you with please feel free to reach out. Thanks, Ada.

Omar

Omarasked

Very Poor customer service, and they are provide customer service from overseas, they work like robots, inefficient, I am lucky I cancelled service right after I sign up
I was with AGL, happy to continue as Alinta seems no reliable and they don't look after customers

Susu
Susu

Alinta continue to lie about investigating any problems but post they are happy to do so. Disgusting that they continue to lie to the public reading the reviews as well.

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Omar, I'm sorry this has been your experience with Alinta Energy as this is not the type of customer service we want any of our customers to experience. I am located here in Australia (WA) and if there is anything I can help you with, I am a private message away or if you prefer to send me through an email - I'd be happy to pass this on to you. Thanks, Ada.

Leslie

Leslieasked

advantages pamphlet ways to stay warm says the suns warmth comes from the South ?? Not in Australia. Where are you Asia or us ??? Les

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Leslie, thanks for your comment. We appreciate you pointing this out to us, this has been picked up and passed on. Thanks, Ada.

Steve C.asked

I have solar and receive a credit every bill. Currently around $780 in credit. How do I arrange to have this money paid out to me?

Alinta E.Alinta Energy

Hi Steve, thanks for your comment. I have sent through a private message. Thanks, Ada.

aimz
aimz

hey mate, did you end up getting a response? I too have credit but there seems to be no way in withdrawing this money

Steve C.

They told me to contact them to arrange the credit. To be honest I’ve done nothing about it. When you read their contract it says that money remains as a credit on the account and if you leave them you forfeit it.
See how ya go mate.