Alinta Energy

Alinta Energy (page 2 of 51)

1.9 from 1,013 reviews

Pensioner discount

My very elderly father is entitled to a pensioner discount. I've contacted them 4 times about it, including when I changed to Alinta. So far... nada. They simply don't want to apply it. I am on the account to assist, but your service centre refuses to help. Disgraceful service.. I will be changing!

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this trouble adding your dad's concession card to the account. I will send you a PM now to discuss further. Thanks, Rose.

Complete lack of responsibility

Became a customer in 2018. Got very high bills in early 2019 - nearly double usual quarterly amount so I installed Solar and Alinta needed to come and add a smart meter to my existing meter box. Weeks later they said they couldn't find my meter box (every other energy provider for previous 7 years had !). Delay after delay after delay and after they finally installed the smart meter - in my very obvious meter box - this incompetent company were still telling me they had to estimate my bills because they couldn't find my meter box. I complained to their complaints manager, who said "I am going to take a personal interest in your complaint". More than three weeks later I heard nothing further despite three extra messages left for her. Complained to Ombudsman and now I am dealing with Alinta's supposed CUSTOMER ADVOCATE and the process starts all over again. Despite being aware that I have complained to the Ombudsman, a week later she still has not acknowledged my complaint so I am back to complaining to OMBUDSMAN. This company is incompetent. They fail to address customer complaints in any meaningful fashion, or at all. Go straight to the energy Ombudsman because Alinta's complaints handling is a sorry facade. If enough complaints go to the Ombudsman this mob may finally be held accountable.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Alex, I'd really like to look into this for you and see why you have not been contacted by our team. Are you able to send me a PM with your details. Thanks, Rose.No thanks. I have previously spoken to your Complaints Manager and when I heard nothing I left her messages which were ignored. Consequently I complained to the Ombudsman and was put in touch with your "Customer Advocate" to whom I addressed my complaint. Your "Customer Advocate" ignored my complaint until I copied in the Ombudsman about the advocates lack of response. Only when the I copied in the Ombudsman did I receive a late response from the advocate. That response does not properly address the complaint and nor does it offer a reasonable settlement of the matter, so I have now taken my complaint back to the Ombudsman. If I can't get assistance from Alinta's complaints manager or Alinta's Customer Advocate (without having to continually go back to the Ombudsman) then I don't intend to speak to you Rose. This matter rests with the Ombudsman which is exactly where I should have gone months ago because your organisation can't even deal with complaints, let alone the operation source of themHi Alex, I do understand your frustration and I'm sorry your experience with Alinta Energy was not as expected. Please keep in mind you are welcome to contact me directly if you do need any assistance. Thanks, Rose.

They rip you off at the end

Warning ! Warning ! Warning
Alinta is a scam company. Seriously I used them for about 7 months.
1st Bills 95 days amount $259.98
2nd Bills 92 days amount $249.52
LAST BILLS 35 days amount $ 739.34 plus disconnection fee Total is over $1000.00

35days bills is HIGHER than 90days ??

They're saying the 2 previous bills is estimated reading. When I asked why estimating reading, they said because there is a dog in a property. I dont have any pet at all. The property i lived is PET is not allowed.
How come when I lived in that property they counted by ESTIMATED but when the property empty They said the reading is ACTUAL. It doesn't make sense.
They told me nothing they can do as the reader was from a third party (another company) called ESSENTIAL, and they asked me to contact Essentials to complain. It's funny I am a customer of Alinta why they brought up other company to deal ?? finally did contact Essential but of course Essential can't give me any info as I wasn't their customer. (If we buy orange from Supermarket then if something wrong such as get poisoned we wouldn't complain to the farmers direct right ? but to supermarket we bought the orange).

ALINTA couldn't explain or prove it how they calculated.
They can not investigate what's going on ? It could be missed reading or they read the neighbor box.
Very very disappointed and not professional.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Ferna, this is extremely concerning to hear. I'd really like to investigate this for you and see why your bill was so high. If you'd like me to, please send me a PM with your account details. Thanks, Rose.I hv been dealing with the Supervisor by the name Rens for about a month. She said nothing else they can do as they reckon the have investigated, (for me still nothing), as they only provide a picture of a box with the number. How would I know it's my property box because it doesn't showed any pictures around it. They couldn't provide me how they calculated all ... Alinta could not give me the transparency. Why ?? How do I PM you ? You didn't give me your email address. You can listen to all the conversations as I believed it's recorded. You can email me on fernacarson@gmail.com if you really concern. TksHi Ferna, I have sent you a PM now if you'd like to reply. Thanks, Rose.

Is this an ALINTA ripoff or what

We have, in the last month, had solar panels installed and advise Alinta of this. Today we received a letter from them saying that since or electricity usage has gone up, they are going to increase or rate. Firstly, I totally dispute that or usage has gone up. We were away for a month during the quarter. Secondly, how does that work - that if your usage goes up they increase your rate. It is like the supermarket saying "you bought more groceries this week so from next week the price of the items you buy will be increased for you." That is totally ridiculous. I have never heard of this ludicrous stunt before. By doing that they are increasing your electricity cost even more. I thought they were trying to reduce the cost of electricity. That was the premise on which we switched over to them. I believe that they are trying to up our rate because they know that since we have solar, our usage will be lower and so the want to recoup the money we won't be spending. It is either that or they want to recoup the solar rebate they pay. Has anyone else had this bastardry tried on them. We were going to stick with Alinta even though their feed in tariff was not as good as others. However, we will start looking elsewhere for our power.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Tony, this seems very unusual to hear. I'd really like to see what is happening with your account and the information you were given. Could you please send me a PM with your account details so I can investigate for you. Thanks, Rose.

Zero rating would be better.

After researching on the Vic Governments page I decided to switch to Alinta Energy as the rates appeared to be the best. Direct debit set up and monthly payment taken before the account was even swapped from existing provider. Then a rude phone call to say the NMI provided was incorrect, you are trying to change another persons account, contract is cancelled, try again when you get the right NMI. With the help of The ombudsman and Energy Australia the NMI was confirmed. I lost count of the number of emails I sent complete with the information from Energy Australia, photos of our meter and our rates notice and numerous queries. Not only did my questions go unanswered, they raised a credit for the direct debit they had taken against an account I was told was cancelled I had clearly asked for a refund not a credit. The final straw was an email to thank me for choosing to stay with them despite my clear statement of not wanting to switch from my current provider. I feel that their ability to communicate on any level is extremely poor. Good luck if you choose them as a provider.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Janice, it's very concerning to hear the issues you have had with Alinta Energy. I know that you have left us but if there is anything you'd like to discuss further or need me to look into, please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks, Rose.Happy to suggest publicly that I feel your company needs some serious help with Customer Service. No need to PM you.Hi Janice, thanks for your feedback. I will pass this on for you. Kind Regards, Rose.

Alinta Energy. Buyer beware!

My average electricity bill over a three year period before switching to Alinta Energy was $475. The biggest bill I'd EVER received for electricity was just over $600. I've received my latest bill from Alinta Energy for almost $1400!!! Needless to say I was gobsmacked. I spoke to three different call centre staff and the reason given for my massive bill, was that Energex not been able to access my metre and therefore Alinta Energy had been estimating my usage....and getting it wrong. I now have to pay the penalty for two different companies ineptitude. No refund has been offered, only more time to pay. There is still no real information forthcoming for why my electricity is now so expensive. I’ve actually had one of my children move out, so if anything usage should be down. Needless to say, I’m on the hunt for a new energy provider. You have been warned!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Adam, we have responded to your messages and your case is being handled by our Customer Advocacy Team. Kind regards, Rose.Your team investigated my case for over a month and could not explain the MASSIVE increase in my bill. Please do not contact me again. I've wasted enough time.

Big saving

I guess the pricing the most people care about in terms of electricity. Alinta offer really good discount and I have been getting big savings since switching over from Origin Energy. Not sure about their customer service but there is no need for me to speak to customer as long as I pay for the bill in time

ServicesElectricity
Hi Bin Y. it's so nice to hear that we can bring a little peace of mind to you with some great savings. Enjoy :) Thanks, Emilia.

Existing customer service poor

I’ve been with Alinta for 9 years. Not once have I received any so call discounts that are been given out. Hello Alinta if your wanting to keep our existing customers improve your customer service. Thankyou

ServicesGas
Hi Matthew, thank you for your comment. I have sent you a private message asking for more detail, as I would like to help. Thanks,Emilia.

Horrific experience, dodge there way out of discount by not sending bills

Alinta energy
Extremely disgusting. Planned to cheat you out of your pay on time discounts by never sending emails then received a text a few days before its due. Annoying to call. Drawn out to 3 months now just to get the account cancelled only to receive another bill to the new homeowners. But we never moved we asked to exit to another company. Called & every rep has a different answer and some just leave you on hold to get help from another worker. Only to get a completely incompetent answer with no one actually knowing whats going on
Then they try to sell you new Alinta products &
Speak over you. Rude and infuriating
Absolutely a shambles and dishonest company.
What a disgrace Australian Cricket allowed Alinta to sponsor them

Dont join alinta you will shorten your life span by stress and talking to fools

ServicesElectricity
Hi Sarah, I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us. I can help you with any issues you maybe having. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Kind Regards, Rose.

Avoid! Sales reps misleading people to sign up

Avoid signing up to Alinta!

Saleman in Victoria Gardens shopping centre are trying to trick, lie and mislead people into signing up to Alinta.

I will be informing the ACCC about this misconduct as it is against the law to mislead customers!

Salesman bluntly lied about your supply charges and intentionally tried to mislead me into signing up after comparing my current supplier's bill.

He gave the usage rates correctly but tried to mislead me on your daily supply rates and stated Alinta will be $10 cheaper than my current supplier but however this is not the case and i would be $10 a month worse off if i signed up.

He gave the usage rates after gst and discount but gave me your supply charge without gst in the quote and claimed i will be better off signing up. I challenge the sales guy and I called him out about your not cheaper at all and the supply charge is infact more expensive than what he quoted and then he lost interest and said its my decision and bad luck!

This is very unprofessional and your unethical sales tactics giving misleading information to get people to sign up is a LOW ACT!

As i sated the ACCC will be informed of this.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Dj Duke, this is very concerning to hear as we expect all staff representing Alinta Energy to be honest and open on all charges when talking to a customer. I will send you a PM now to get some details and have this issue escalated for you. Thanks, RoseNo one has contacted myself about this issue, I now taking further action and will be reporting this unethical practice to the ACCC and consumer affairs Victoria. Very unprofessional that your company has not contacted myself regarding this serious matter.Hi Dj, please be advised it can take up to 4 business days for our Customer Advocacy Team to be in touch. I have followed this up again for you this morning. Kind Regards, Rose.

5 stars, for 5 years with ALINTA

I have been with Alinta for over 5 years now.
I always pay on time for an amazing discount of 32%. Although this discount isn't offered anymore, due to the length of time and when i signed up to allinta, they kept me on it as a 'grandpa' clause. No other company had been able to match the bills with Kw usage to Alinta.
I have been nothing but happy with alinta. When i have had a problem at the beginning with estimated bills, they re-sent someone out to read the meter FREE.
They have looked after me better than ANY OTHER COMPANY i have been with, for that i am an loyal customer. I dont normal review things as i can't be bothered, but after seeing all the bad reviews and some people deciding to specifically not use alinta due to the reviews, i wanted to clarify... most happy customers don't waste time doing reviews, typically people review when they are unhappy or trolls.
Considering alinta is contract free, i could only suggest TRYING THEM to make up your own mind, rather than missing out cus you were following others opinions

ServicesElectricity
Hi Donna, thank-you so much for taking the time to write your positive feedback. We are very grateful for this and so glad that you are happy with Alinta Energy. Kind Regards, Rose.

Disgusting!!!

We have only been in our property for 3 months, and they are trying to charge us for metres we don't have and no one speaks English, there is no physical office to go to.. NO WAY DO WE RECCOMMEND ALINTA!!! We have contacted them 4 times to get our bills fixed and they are not helpful at all!! No one gets a supervisior, when requested

ServicesElectricity
Hi Janelle, This is very concerning to hear. We would like the opportunity to investigate this further for you. I have sent you a private message if you'd like to respond I'd be happy to help. Thanks, Emilia.

Origin versus Alinta — I’m staying with Origin

After reading your reviews with most being negative and even though you are offering 9% disc higher on top of Origin, these reviews have made up my mind . Staying put.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Tracey, thanks for your comment. We are aware that there are many negative reviews regarding Alinta Energy on Product Review. We also have a lot of positive ones posted, hopefully you have also looked at these. Kind Regards, Rose

what a shame !!

what a shame!!! ... up until today I was a very happy Alinta customer .. today I asked for an extension on paying my bill of a week due to circumstances out of my control and was going to make a small payment today and the balance next week... the advisor I got was so blunt and grilled me about why I wasn’t paying and made me feel inferior and worthless .. i’ve always been a good customer and paid bills on time ... made me go on a ‘hardship plan ‘ .. i only wanted a weeks grace ?? needless to say i will now be looking at other providers!!!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Burleigh, this is really disappointing to hear as at Alinta Energy we pride ourselves on treating all our customers with respect when they require assistance from us. I'm more than happy to send this feedback through and see why a Hardship Plan was put in place for you. Please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like me to. Thanks, Rose.

Good service, no issues.

Had gas and electricity with Alinta for a year in my share house. I had no issues with the service and their customer service line was quick and helpful! Personally I would use this service again.

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Emily, thank-you so much for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We really appreciate it. Kind Regards, Rose.

Not happy.

My father is in his 90s and has been a customer of Alinta for years. He's recently moved to a unit and contacted Alinta to connect gas to his new address. After numerous phone calls 12 days later ,still no gas ,even after promises they'll turn up. He's 92, and boiling a kettle to wash and do dishes. P.S. He's always paid his bills with you in the past. What's the problem??

ServicesGas
Hi Susan, this sounds very concerning to hear. I will send you a PM now to get some more details and investigate this issue immediately. Thanks, RoseNo problem. He's changing providers. Goodbye. Not happy.Hi Susan, I do apologise for the delay. You have only bought this to my attention as off Tuesday I do realise this was an on-going issue with Customer Service previously. I have escalated this as a matter of urgency for you. Thanks, Rose

Dishonest sales practices!

My wife changed us from Alinta to AGL after she spoke to a salesperson in the shopping centre. This person looked at our AGL quarterly bill and went through it very thoroughly going through each charge and comparing with Alinta. By the end the salesperson told my wife if we were with Alinta the bill would have been $80. We have our first bill and guess what, it’s a monthly bill for $110. I checked it over and there is literally no discernible difference in cost between Alinta and AGL.
AGL charged 0.255c per kWh, 99c supply charge, 0.07c solar metering fee and pays 10.6c feed in tariffs for solar. Alinta charges 0.248c per kWh, $1.05 supply charge and pays 11c feed in tariff. There is the difference of 28% pay on time discount from Alinta Vs 24% offered by AGL. AGL has better customer and online services and a great app with lots of functionality. I called Alinta and got an overseas call centre which is fine, but I couldn’t understand what she was saying because of her garbage headset so communication was very difficult and strained. Aside from this, I can’t see how a salesperson can carefully go through a bill, give a quote that is a third of the bill they were comparing and get it so wrong through sheer incompetence or by accident. I am happy to deal with a 4% difference to go with AGL rather than a business that uses dishonest sales practices.Not impressed with Alinta so will move back to AGL, you get more for basically the same price.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Hi Nick, this sounds very concerning to hear. I'd really like to look into this for you. If you'd like me to please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks, Rose

Charge you for no reason

Gas and electrical and have not been living in the house because of renovations. We have been charged for gas usage and there is no gas connected. Called so many times to tell them and they are still sending bills. Bad customer service!!!!

ServicesGas
Hi Jaquie, this seems very unusual to hear. I'd really like to look into this for you. I will send you a PM now to get more details. Thanks, RoseHi Rose, My husband just informed me that someone came to pick up the gas meter from our renovation site. I’m not sure why they have taken the meter without explaining anything? Once we finish renovating in a month or so we will have no gas meter to use? Can you please have someone explain what is going on?Hi Jaquie, I will investigate this for you and send you a PM once I've got an answer. Kind Regards, Rose.

Nasty emails by customer service, random price increases

I had solar put on and Alinta immediately updated my daily rate and kw rate so my savings are far less.

When I was getting the solar feed in applied to my account, I received one phone call from Arise that I missed - and several emails followed saying they tried to call me several times and threatening to cancel the feed in application if I didn't respond immediately (there was only the 1 call). The emails had nasty tones and I indeed took offence. Even one to have a go at me saying they still hadn't received a final form and this was 'the last time' they would contact me before cancelling ??? to which I replied that I sent that form back to them 3 days earlier.

Currently looking for a new supplier.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Hi Mel, I'd really like to investigate this for you. I will send you a PM now to get some more details. Thanks, Rose.

Unbelievable that they are still operating as an energy supplier.

Swapped over from another supplier last year in the belief that we would be saving some money however we were charged double what we have been charged for the past nine years at this address. The complaint through to customer service was being investigated and I was told to keep calling back every five days to see if there was any progress in the case. They would not agree to call me back at any stage so as the weeks passed and even though the complaint was still under investigation they helped them selves to the payment through direct debit. After complaining about this they said that there was nothing wrong, even though they initially told me that there was a faulty meter and it needs replacing. Only to learn later that it had been replaced at the beginning of the service contract. Because they had helped them selves to the payment they then closed the complaint and internally called it 'resolved'. Upon my insistence and after waiting to speak with a supervisor they reopened the complaint but nothing else was heard.
We have since received another bill even more outrageous that the first one so the complaint is now in the hands of the ombudsman.
If you are thinking of using Alinta.......think again.

ServicesElectricity
Hi DJM, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Alinta Energy. I will send you a PM to get some more details. Thanks, Rose

I signed up with a voice recording over the phone. I was told I would receive a welcome pack. If I decide to use the 10 day cooling off period to cancel-----is it 10 days from the phone sign up, or 10 days from when I receive my welcome pack???? I haven't got the welcome pack yet, either by email or post- so I would just like a straight answer-is it 10 days from phone sign up or from when I receive my welcome pack???

Our previous energy provider here in Qld refunded any credit accrued back to our bank account, after searching the Alinta website and re reading through our paperwork i cannot find any reference to this when with Alinta. It was one of the things we asked and were assured of by the representative when switching providers. I have found a small paragraph which seems to imply that Alinta keep any credit accrued. The whole point of the credit was to pay off the thousands spent investing in a roof full of solar panels. Is there a way to receive the credit as a refund? If not i think we will go back to our previous provider. Thanks Angela

My last bill $528.89 - for one person?? with the discount comes down to $392.42 -84 billing days previous bill $301.25, with discount $244.04 -89 billing days. my previous bill $405.46, with discount $324.28 -96 billing days.(ok that was over winter) but the last one, $528.89, winter has only just started, one person lives here, no air con or over head ceiling fans in house, no clothes dryer..shorter billing days..as consumption has gone up double (20) nothing has changed at home, all same appliances??? Been on the phone to them twice, they wont send anyone to check the meter unless I pay for it! what a joke, this bill is consumption for 3 people, this does not add up, seriously thinking of leaving! many of my neighbours have alinta, and bills way lower than mine, with double the appliances..it just doesn't add up.
Hi Tina, thank you for reaching out. We are very concerned to hear this and we want to help. If you would like to send me a private message me with your full name on the account and the account or customer details, I would be more then happy to take a look for yourself. Thanks, Ada.