Allianz Car Insurance

Allianz Car Insurance Questions & Answers

27 questions from our users

Anne Masked

what is the criteria used by Allianz re Market Value?

I have a claim.with Allianz for accident where I am not at fault, (other party admitted fault), my car is written off.
Allianz have told me their assessment is at the Private Sales market.
Why not the retail market? Claim.will be against the 3rd party, not Allianz

Gune
Gune

In our case it was an agreed matket value. We had the same issue where they paid the value and took the vehicle where they can get a better value. This is a racket run by Allianz, assessors and panel beaters. They write off the car in one state and take to another state and get a better price. My car was taken to Pickles auction. The rest is history.

Anne M

Seems lots of complaints with Allianz

I have taken the number plates from written off car

Rakesh Sharmaasked

Two of my cars recently had a hail damage. Allianz advised me to get it repaired at BodyTech at Castle Hill but will claim excess from me as well as raise my premium.

My question is why I have to pay excess when I am not at fault. Why I should pay higher premium when I am not at fault.

Gavo

Yes ur premium will go up I got out Allianz gone to a much better insurance company

Hi Gabo

Which company you selected. Did they accept the noted hail damage.

Sorry
This I phone keeps changing the spellings

Gina

Ginaasked

If I make a second claim within 12 months, will I expect extra fees?

Gavo

Yes u will they will jump it insurance right up

jkl
jkl

Butch

Butchasked

where can I talk to someone face to face about my insurance policy in the metropolitan area Sydney? could you please give me a address in the metro area

george
george

i just did a simple google search & found the address. it took about 2mins

Farzad

Farzadasked

My car was write off and I got paid and Allianz has got the car but the car can still be driven. I want to know how can I get it back?

Alison K

Alison Kasked

I’m looking at buying a repairable write off. Can I get comprehensive insurance for it?

lodz_au
lodz_au

As far as I know insurance companies only asked if the car is roadworthy, registered and safe to drive

vlceptor

Yes you can, as long as its repaired properly and has no damage its fine, if its still damaged you will need to mention whats damaged

william mc namara

william mc namaraasked

I have a car claim being assessed by Alliance next week, if I think the assesses figure offer is too small, am I entitled to a second assessment before making a decision?

Zar
Zar

The figure they offer would be based on a number of things the amt insured etc You can get an independant assessor but you appoint them and will hve to pay however if they are doing to you what they did to me then its worth forking out the cost for independent assessor when you could potentially lose 1000s. You can claim that back. If you are disputing the repair costs you can obtain as many quotes as u like but ultimately Alianz will hve a figure regardless of fact. If its a settlement and u dispute valuation amount the ombudsman is always a good option. Most insurers nowdays are thieves and sorry to say it but this one of the Worst. Hopefully reputation will eventually be their downfall. Good luck

vlceptor

Yes of course, go to 2 different panel shops to get quotes, if the two are in the ball park figure then the estimated quote you have is correct

Anbesa

Anbesaasked

Hi there, can I get the information of price taxi camry hybrid 2016 full insurance /comprehensive?

TC keeping it real

Yes stay clear of Allianz they will take your money and make it very very difficult to make a claim and there payout price will be so low you will have to buy an older car and be in a worse position be warned they are crooks the worst insurance company in Australia. I was in an accident due to other driver going through a stop sign tboned the car I was driving causing injurys broken vertibre ribs, and torn tendon in shoulder and now I have on going problems with back and shoulder I can't work as a result. So they only pay 80% of what I was earning at time of accident sometimes the doctors make mistakes on forms they fill in for me and then the awesome Allianz company look for anything they can to just stop paying you. And instead of getting in contact to let you know there has been a mistake they just stop paying. 8 weeks now I've been not payed until I can get a form fixed up from 3 months ago. I will look forward to my day in court

Toots

Tootsasked

My policy states that my insurance will expire 12 months from now. I pay with monthly payments. can I switch insurers or have to stay the year?

TC keeping it real

You can leave anytime you want to. Believe me you want to run far far away I was with them for many years until I was in need of a claim yeah it's been very hard to deal with them. I looked around and found that they are one of the most expensive insurer. So I got some quotes from other companies then rang them to give them the option to match other quotes after many many years with them they simply said no they can't match. So I said cancel all of my policy car house caravan boat and while you at it cancel my wife's car as well. We now save over $1000 a year for all our policys

vlceptor

yes you can switch, the 12 months is what your premium is locked in at, if you find cheaper elsewhere you can cancel anytime and move insurers which is recommend. Although i find Allianz to be much more expensive than other insurers i thought i was getting better service but found out the hard way there the same as every other insurer. Love to take money when ever possible but avoid spending at all costs whenever a claim is put through.

David barakzay

David barakzayasked

My car is insured with Allianz, i need the details

Keshia

Keshiaasked

I had an accident which was my fault. But I had to go into hospital the day afterwards it's now 3 weeks later can I still report my accident. Will I lose out?

yes you can

Mary Conchita

Mary Conchitaasked

Does alliance let a pensioner pay excess off?

Michael G

Michael Gasked

Lost my spare car key...do i have to pay when i make a claim? Thanjs

Robyn Jefferson

Robyn Jeffersonasked

Do you have a complaints section? My car was maliciously damaged 17 days ago and The parts to repair it have not been ordered. They said it was approved. But just dropped the ball. If it wasn't for Obriens glass informiing me, I would have been left waiting forever. Then I rang but since the Eastern states are three hours ahead of us, we cannot ring after 2pm. Then you get shunted to India where there is no one who is authorised to do anything except take messages. Even after the parts are ordered I till have to wait a minimum of 4 more weeks. If you don't have a couple of months to wait for a repair, then don't get insurance with Allianz.

jetsetter
jetsetter

Robyn, take this matter up with the financial ombudsman. When your policy is due for renewal get away from Allianz. They are so shonky

Rose
Rose

Honestly take it to NRMA Allianz is a spreading disease of corruption

Hayley
Hayley

Go to "feedback, compliments, complaints" at this link to submit a complaint.

Tom L

Tom Lasked

Someone rear ended me and has accepted complete responsibility for the accident. We exchanged all details etc. I am not a listed driver (car is insured under my mum), will there be any excess/fee on my end?

No, your not at fault

Mandylampre1968

Mandylampre1968asked

Do I have a say or any input into if my car is a write off? Just bought a brand new car just over a month ago, had an accident damage to the front and side of the car plus numerous problems with the electronics, Im worried even if they fix my car it still won't be the same again, so do I have any say in the matter, ( the car is covered by new for old on my new car warranty)

vlceptor

Ask for a cash settlement, make sure you get at least 2 quotes. Dont accept less than the cheapest quote, this is for the damage. Sell the car damaged or break in parts

TC keeping it real

You had a brand new car don't accept until they will give you what you had. A repaired car is nothing like a brand new car even the repair will be so many cut corners. Take a cash settlement so you can buy the same brand new car you had with roughly same km on clock

vlceptor

As keeping it real has said the car will never drive the same, and i personally wouldn't keep a car i purchased new thats been involved in an accident. Once a cars damaged its never the same

Mandiiasked

Having problems with Allianz who refuse to pay my claim for my motor vehicle. Have contacted the ombudsmen and insurance law service who have told me to request a voice recording and a copy of their underwriting guidelines to which they won't give me. Does anyone else have a copy of their underwriting guidelines??

vlceptor

All you need to do is write a formal complaint to insurance company, if they don't resolve the issue. File another complaint to fos attach the response letter from your insurance. This should get the wheels moving

If problems persist ask to speak to Customer Resolutions. If its still negative, formalise a complaint to the Financial & Insurance Ombudsman then watch things move fast. It will cost the Insurance company thousands to settle your claim to your satisfaction and if they don't settle to your complete satisfaction take it for a second round through the Financial Insurance Ombudsman.

Mandii

This was an issue that continued for 6 weeks, I ended up being declined after 6 weeks, paid $5000 for my car to be fixed and the day after collecting my car they all of a sudden called me and said that they were going to accept my claim and repaid me. Still will not recommend them to anyone and am still in the process of deciding who to change to

ShanM

ShanMasked

My car has recently been written off, I lodged a claim (accident wasn't my fault) and they're paying me the market value of my car minus the remaining policy amount, which is all fine. But the car is still registered for another 5 months and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be getting money back from that or not?

Sez

VIC roads will reimburse you for that I'm pretty sure . You might want to keep your reg plates they'll prob ask for them back

vlceptor

You should be getting the remaining money from your policy & registration, take the plates off the vehicle and cancel the reg @ vicroads. Plates need to be taken in for this

Noelle Fitzgerald

Noelle Fitzgeraldasked

How long can Allianz string out insurance settlements? I have been waiting for travel insurance to be paid sice 11th August.
Lesley F

Sez

That's something il ask my solicitor about next time , good question !

vlceptor

lodge a complaint with https://www.fos.org.au/ the matter will be resolved in 2 weeks

Savyasked

they denied my insurance claim .i just want to die .i m suffering from very bad family trouble with my husband .i m mentally getting sick .who will be responsible for this . who s gonna look after my child . they can make money as much as they want .they don't care about anyone s life . who will be responsible for this ?

Ash
Ash

Hi Savy,
I can empathise with you as you are going through hardship. Please know that every one goes through testing times in their life and it is how you deal with it that will determine your success. Keep positive and focused.
If you have a legitimate claim that was denied, don't give up.
Read the terms and conditions of your policy carefully. There are dispute resolution mechanisms in place. Also seek advise from Financial Ombudsman, legal aid and other avenues available to you.
The insurer also has an internal dispute resolution department. You need to keep focused on the facts and articulate the legitimacy of your claim. Don't let negative thoughts take over as it will not help. Wish you lots of strength and success.

Savy

Thank u sooooooooo much for ur time for ur reply .....it's really gonna give me a strength to fight against them ......I got a very important lead .....in my review ....I m . Working on it ....hopefully it will work .........
I m falling apart from words to describe how helpful I m feeling after reading ur answer .....u r doing an outstanding job by writing these answers ....u saved my life .....hopefully I will come to a positive result ...I will surely let u know ..about it ...Thank s heaps buddy .........god bless u always

Sez

If your in Melbourne I suggest you contact dale battley at battley and co . Insurance will pay for legal costs if it's a genuine claim

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives