Allianz Care Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Allianz Care Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

33 questions from our users

Kirsti

Kirstiasked

Hi Allianz Team,

I am thinking of getting Allianz to cover me during my studies in Australia, but have some questions though:

1. Am I also covered outside of Australia eg if I go home or go on holiday during my studies?

2. Does the Allianz student cover cover appointments with Naturopaths registered in Australia?

3. If there is an emergency or one has to go to the doctor do I first have to pay the costs out of my own pocket and then wait to receive the money back from Allianz or do you cover the costs immediately?

Thank you!

Regards,

Kirsten

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hello, Kirsten, thanks for the email. More information is available here https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/student-visa-oshc/cover/ and https://allianzassistancehealth.freetls.fastly.net/v_1527485430727/media/documents/OSHCStandardPolicy01-06-2018WEB.pdf_(reduced_size).pdf . In terms of your questions, coverage is only within Australia. Naturopath services are not covered. Also, our policy document says 'If you have been admitted for emergency treatment, contact Allianz Global Assistance immediately on 1800 814 781. If you have been referred to hospital for a non-emergency admission, contact the claim department on 1800 651 349 prior to admission. You will need to provide Allianz Global Assistance with the details of your treatment and hospital stay. We will then be able to confirm your cover and assist you with making arrangements for payment to the hospital". Regards, Anthony

Don Nguyen

Don Nguyenasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

I am Nguyen Quang Duy from Vietnam. I am going to study in Australia in this July, at The University of Sydney. Therefore, I want to buy an OSHC Dual family type from yours. But when I access to your website, I could not find this type. My duration of stay in Australia is 4 years, and from the requirement to make visa application, I have to pay an additional for 8 months. That means I have to buy insurance which covers 4 years + 8 months (56 months) for me and my wife. I checked the price in my university website is 10,853$ for this case. However, when I choose to buy in your website, it costs approximately 19,000$. Could you please to help me to buy for the Dual Family type? I want to buy the insurance as soon as possible for making visa. I am looking forward to hear from you.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi Nguyen - you will need obtain your OSHC via the University of Sydney. Regards, Anthony.

Luana Silvaasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

I can not access my account to ask for my refund. can you help me ?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi Luana, you will need to call 1800 651 349 in regards to claims as they have access to this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

Ok Antony
But
I don’t speak English very well!
That is the problem!
someone who speak português?

Sarah W

Sarah Wasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Hello, I would like to know why the dual family Health insurance is so expensive compared to two single insurances. What happens if a couple decides to buy 2 singles instead of a family insurance?

Sarah

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi Sarah, thanks for the feedback. There is no issue with buying 2 single insurance policies if you wish to do so. To add to this as well, if you are after 2 single covers, both people must be holding a valid ‘student visa’. If one is holding a valid ‘student visa’ and the other is a dependent spouse of then the only option is a dual family cover. Regards, Anthony

Mitra

Mitraasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

What is your coverage for hospitals and Gp doctors around Sydney university who cover Medicare fee and not charge extra for oshc

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi, it's best to get hold of our customer support number on 13 67 42 to find out, or visit https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/find-doctor/

Sandhu

Sandhuasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

I am pregnant (38weeks). I came from India one and half month ago. I want to know whether my delivery charges would cover in my insurance or not. I have an essential dual family cover. I had already submit the hospital guarantee form to allianz but i have not get any response till date. Please let me know. Also i have an iron infusion today. Can i claim for this??

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi, it's best to call 13 67 42 to find out more information as our contact centre would have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

Catherine

Catherineasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Hi! I am starting school at QUT next year and I wonder if you do have assistance center within QUT Kelvin Grove campus for easy access if anything? Thanks!

Regards,
Catherine

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi Catherine, no we don't have an on campus representative there - you can view where they are here - https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/student-visa-oshc/on-campus-support/ Regards, Anthony.

Guillaume G

Guillaume Gasked

Hi Allianz team,
Why is the price for a Dual family cover so expensive compared with 2 single OSHC? My partner and I are paying an extra $3000 for 19 months comparing with 2 singles...

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your question. At Allianz Global Assistance, as with all insurers, we continually strive to balance competitive pricing with the risk, claims frequency and claims cost associated with each customer segment. I’m sorry to hear you found our pricing to be higher than expected on this occasion.

If you have any more questions or you’d like to discuss this in more detail, please call our customer service team on 13 67 42.

Kind regards,
Tegan

sohag

sohagasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Hello, i am Shahidulla, international student, my policy is dual family, my wife visa is under processing. my wife 7 months pregnant and expected delivery date 11th September. My question is if she will come 10-15th July, will she get instant medical facilities including child birth?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

H Shaidulla, thanks for the email. You would have to contact our call centre regarding this. Please see https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/contact-us/ for more information. Regards, Anthony.

Mama

Mamaasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Hi, i recently gave birth here in australia and my COE didnt come until 59th day after birth. I rang up allianz so as to sort out my babys health issurrance. And i asked the lady if i could call her back the next day. I did and paid the next day. And i was issued a certificate of issurrance. I got the shcok of my life when i was sent an email 3weeks later to say there was a mix up and i wasnt properly charged and i would have to pay extra and that my babys issurance cant be back dated because she was over sixty days. Now i am so confused. Any help?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi, can you please email me your full name, policy number and details (eg. baby's date of birth) to ehealthfeedback@allianz-assistance.com.au and I'll have this investigated. Regards, Anthony.

Jason
Jason

This is unfair to the poor mother and baby.
Anthony, kindly use your office to settle the situation and make our country a good one. I hate where foreign nationals have bad impression about our society.

Durre
Durre

this i not a big issue. its just misunderstanding regarding the dates. simply you can contact allianz global assistance overseas student health cover officials, believe that they are so helping and nice they will surely sort out this.

Phoebe

Phoebeasked

To who it may concern

Because of terrible experience that I have with Allianz Oshc so many years just so tried with them, so I transferred my insurance to Bupa after 5 years with Allianz,so disappointed every time I contacted them regarding my enquirers the phone team was just terrible,they never do the right thing you ask,always asking you to explain you situations again and again,do they even have records why customers calling them?can they really do something ?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hello, thanks for your comment. We are currently reviewing our processes to address this, and I'll pass this on to our team. Do you have any outstanding issues that you need resolved? Regards, Anthony.

Seil O
Seil O

Helpful info

LN33

LN33asked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

How can I change this dodgy Allianz insurance to another insurance without affecting my visa?? I paid for 4 years upfront!!! never received my money for the eligible claim back.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi, I've just sent a message to your comment - please send through some details and I'll have this escalated. Regards, Anthony

Hussain

Hussainasked

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Because of terrible experience that I have with Allianz Oshc, I'm thinking to transfer my health insurance to Medibank.
How I can change it to another health insurance?

Allianz PartnersAllianz Care

Hi Hussain, thanks for the question. Can you please send through to me your full name, contact details and policy number to EHealthFeedback@allianz-assistance.com.au and I'll escalate this to have one of the team discuss this with you. Regards, Anthony.

Anonymous 48
Anonymous 48

It is possible, and highly encouraged, to change your Overseas Health Cover from Allianz to a normal insurance provider such as Medibank, AHM, Bupa and NIB. These are all the companies you can change to that I know of. I will not make any recommendations here, however, it will always be an improvement to your existing Allianz cover.

Andrea_Marcelli
Andrea_Marcelli

Please, Hussain, keep us updated and let us know how it goes. I sympathise with you and fully understand why you want to change insurance. It does not take long to realise how slow and inefficient this insurance is.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz Care representatives

Allianz Care Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)