Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (16)
    • 1-2 weeks (15)
    • 2-4 weeks (17)
    • 1-2 months (18)
    • 3+ months (28)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (72) · No (19)

Was good the first year, Then they doubled the price and auto renewed after I said no.

The first year was good value, and good peace of mind. They sent out a message for renewal and said the price for the new year cover was over double the amount, was $47 now $93 a month. I said no thanks ill find a different cover and they sent an email to tell me I had renewed it today after explicitally telling them I wasnt. Very sly and dodgy.

A car for me

The cars policy was easy to set up through my bank for direct debiting.I have had it for 2 yrs
It suited all my needs when buying my new car. Because my car is serviced through the dealership I bought the car from, roadside service has been included

Allianz Awful Service

Allianz Awful ServiceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy Allianz Car Insurrance

After giving them all the information including policy number, id etc when I make a claim which is not at my fault, they said I am not coverd by car hire until I show them an confirmation email from them. Why they affirm that I am not covered by car hire? They do not know what the policy is covering? Or they do not want to pay car hire?

Finally I still have car hire paid by them but it is not easy. You have to fight with them and show and talk a lot with them to get what you are paying for. What a terrible customer service!

Car Insurance

Find out how Allianz Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Mark

MarkCanberra Central 2601, ACT

The only thing great about Allianz is their advertisement.

Got the insurance because it was offered by our car dealer.
Collided with a concrete letter box. Our car got fixed right away, however, the letter box has been in limbo for the last 6 weeks with Allianz putting up an impressive effort NOT to pay up.
Almost every call, Allianz would find ways to delay or refuse for the process to proceed because we need to provide MORE information/documentation.
The agents kept blaming on "miscommunication", however, one, two or three calls can be blamed on miscommunication. All calls we've made were blamed on "miscommunication".
Allianz Insurance -- Do not take your business to them unless you're willing to fight them.

Too dear but reliable

You have done ok I have been with Allianz over 20 years
The increase this year was a little high
I am Not a writer if so I would write a book

Debora B.

Debora B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Miscommunication, really bad rigid customer service - bad experience

Cost is increased

The premium has been increased which is disappointing. I feel that insurance companies slowly increase the cost for existing customers rather than rewarding them for loyalty. You might light to rethink that.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Vikas S.

Vikas S.Sydney, NSW

Nothing but trouble.

Worst customer service one can think of. I have had both my vehicles and properties for years with Allianz. When it comes to the stage where you need their assistance or any claims my experience has been very unpleasant, Finally had no choice but to lodge an official complaint No 00024004.
For sure I will not be staying with Allianz after this experience.. Good bye.

Terry

TerryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trustworthy ,fair , honest and considerate insurance company

I will always insure our vehicles with Alliance (other than our off road vehicle) as we had the misfortune of having a few at fault accidents some years ago. They were so kind and caring with no blame attributed even though the accidents were our fault .They do not provide cover for off road accidents so we use a specific cover for that vehicle

Reza Chivaei

Reza ChivaeiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I’m happy to keep my car insurance with Allianz

I feel my policy is value and easy to setup.
I haven’t lodged a claim.
I’ve been with Allianz insurance for a one year since I bought my new Ute.
I’ve got road assistant.

dong f.

dong f.Perth, WA

Worst costumer service ever!!

Jules

JulesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and personal response when needed to claim

I have been with Allianz for over 20 years and if needed to claim the process was always dealt with quickly and professionally. The policy prices are value for money

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

Incomplete information

If you are going to send me an email sayimg i’ve extended my insurance tell me which car ???!!! I have multiple cars and are actually in the process of changing them out to another insurance company.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Arni

ArniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service

Their customer service is very poor will not recommend to any one plus the staff does not have sufficient knowledge of the product. Updated my card details and got charged twice without a return so far plus on top I do have comprehensive car insurance and got told I can not get my windscreen replaced which was initially included in the plan. will no recommend them and will be changing as soon as I get my refund otherwise ombudsman.

peace of mind

have been with alliance 16 years personally and through my husband. best thing we ever did. we have had one claim because someone hit us the car was a write off.car was assessed in record time and the money was in our bank within seven working days of notifying allianz. have also been towed three times through roadside assist and they were there within an hour.

Megsie May

Megsie MaySouth East Queensland, QLD

So far so good

The company I bought the car from in 2015 set up the insurance as I was VERY unhappy with my previous insurer - my car was repairable but they still chose to write it off, forcing us to have to purchase a new car. At this stage, we have not had to lodge a claim or use roadside assistance.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Compulsory Third Party
Jeffrey R.

Jeffrey R.Central West, NSW

The product is satisfactory, but bulk pricing is apparently non-existant. Not good.

The individual policies I have with Allianz are fine, and customer service at the time of claiming is fine.
However - I own three vehicles and have three Allianz policies. I am the only driver of these vehicles. No-one else ever drives them. I have asked for some sort of consideration for this multiple policy ownership, but have received no reply. Each policy can only possibly represent one third of the risk of a single vehicle owner, yet Allianz are not moved. I shall be shortly moving my business to another insurer - one who will offer me a reasonable discount for one person owning three policies. Very disappointed.

Hammad Khaliq

Hammad KhaliqSouth East Queensland, QLD

You cannot trust them at all, they wont honor their commitment

I took an online quote and then contacted them to get my car insured as it has 2 inch lift and tow and bull bar provisioned. They gave me a quote number with agreed value and said its valid for 30 days. When I called after 3 days they refused to insure my vehicle and to honor the quote even. Wasted 1 hour of my time and I have completely lost my trust on this company. My car is in new condition with just 125k on mileage and bought it recently.
Very unreliable and not prédictible at all, you cant count on them. If they cant honor their quote, wont expect they will honor anything with insurance. What a shame!

Stuart M.

Stuart M.Launceston, TAS

Being slugged for using a WA address for mail.

My wife and I sold our home in Tasmania and began travelling around Australia, we needed an address for mail, so Alliance slugged us another $180 for using my sisters address in WA. So you can appreciate that we won't be using them on next renewal, regardless

Gerry

GerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well priced for a low excess policy

I am in my sixth year of comprehensive cover with Allianz. The comprehensive cover was competitive with other quotes at the time of my first year with Allianz and I have had no reason to not continue renewing the policy. Apart from a windscreen replacement, I have not made a claim on the policy, nor have I required roadside assistance, so it is difficult to make a judgment on satisfaction of a claim, but I an more than happy not to have to make that judgement.