Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

Pei L.South East Queensland, QLD

Asking for policy cancellation is frustrating and not responding

Quick quote and easy process to purchase the policy. But when asking for cancellation of the policy it seems to be different story, 15 business days passed since the request for policy cancellation, no response from customer service so far.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Pei, I'm sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Pei L.

Hi Tegan, just wanted to thank you for your help. Problem resolved now.
Regards

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so great to hear! I'm happy to help. Thank you for the update.

This is perfect! Allianz is always a good choice!

Yes. It's good! I've been using Allianz for about 19 months. I was invited to use Allianz by one of our colleagues. That's good quality and I'll keep noticing Allianz.

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Juntao!

VARGHESE PAUL

VARGHESE PAULMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service...

It is good value and very short time for resolve...couple of months for my mother i have made this policy.. For me it's a great helpful and good service as well...

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear Varghese!

Daniel

DanielPerth, WA

Dissapointed !!!!!

I’m waiting more then 14 working days for my claims. Nobody answered for my additional questions. NOTHING!!!! This is very disappointing. You are breaking insurance code and customer service is very bad.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Daniel, I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will send you a private message for further details so I can follow this up for you. Kind regards, Tegan

Claim system needs to be improved

I had this insurance for 7 years and my experience was alright. They covered most things that medicare would. The claim system was annoying though. Bad enough that you had to pay everything out of pocket and then claim it back but the claim form was a pdf that couldn't be edited so you had to print it out, fill in all your details (for every single claim), sign it, scan it and submit it. I felt that they made this extra difficult so that some people might not bother to submit a claim because it's too much of a hassle. It can't be so hard to set up a simple online claim system like everyone else.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for your feedback Kay, I have passed this onto our OVHC team. Kind regards, Tegan

Sam

SamPerth, WA

Bad business policies

I had taken overseas visitors insurance for 2 visitors. They were not sure how they will stay for and so I had monthly payments options. After 2 months visitors decided to go back and I called to cancel policy but they said I have to give them atleast 30 days notice for cancellation and charged me $280 for nothing.
It was daytime robbery.
Would never recommend to anyone.

Coverage TypeFamily
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Sam, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed but thank you for the feedback. Kind regards, Tegan

Irina S.

Irina S.Perth, WA

Terrible service

I am paying 75$ a month and it doesn't cover anything (unless you admitted to the hospital or die) so can't comment on the process of lodging the claim - hopefully I won't have to do it
Service is terrible - they say they answer emails within 48 hours but it never happens. Even when they respond - sometimes it seems they haven't even read your questions properly...
Tried to call for 40 mins just now - they hang up! Called OSHC department - they haven't enen listened to me explaining the situation; transeferred the call to OVHC (who hang up again)

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Irina, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to help if I can so I will send you a private message for further details. Kind regards, Tegan

Zahida Hussain

Zahida HussainGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Satisfactory but needs improvement

Claim process needs to be made electronic so that hard copy stuff could be avoided.
Medication cost coverage should be improved as currently the policy is hardly covering anything.

Thanks for Support.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks so much for the constructive feedback Zahida - we appreciate it.

Sunil

SunilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for overseas visitors on a short term visit upto a year.

Perfect for overseas visitors on a short term visit upto a year. Easy to set up and simple terms and conditions while offering good value and great benefits. Happy with it both times I took it out for parents visiting.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear Sunil!

Really bad Online experience

Changed the frequency to Monthly, but still showing annually. Tried it few times but just wouldn't work. Kept pushing the date a day further every single time. Just fed up

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Amrit, I'm sorry to hear about that. I will send you a private message to see if I can help sort this out for you. Kind regards, Tegan

A policy which gives you peace of mind when visiting Australia(even if you don't have to use it!)

Bought a standard OVHC policy for me and my wife for our 18 days visit to Australia as tourists. Easy to set up(like most others). Coverage was for AUD 1 million for each of us, both of us being over 70 years of age(unlike most other companies which cover up to a max of only USD 50,000 for senior citizens, if at all). Reasonably priced, and no fine print hidden clauses.
Luckily neither of us faced any medical situation during our stay which required treatment/hospitalization. So can't comment on how reasonable and prompt settlement of claims are.
Would certainly take out an Allianz OVHC policy if I visit Australia again.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Ramesh!

Harrys

HarrysWestern Australia

Perfect policy for Visitors

I like how you can use your membership as bulk billing service at their participating GP network, you don't have to pay anything upfront and no hassle of making claims. Easy and Awesome!! Only thing would like to suggest to give option to suspend policy if visitor going back temporary instead of cancelling the policy.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Thanks so much for the feedback! Kind regards, Tegan

BAD, the claim is pain

Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Chihiro, I'm sorry to hear about this but thank you for the feedback. Has this been resolved or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

AmitMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of money - as no suspension in the policy allowed- loss customers

I was very upset, when I come to know that there is no suspension of policy allowed in allianz. At the time of taking the policy policy number: 6136750. for my FATHER- nobody told me about that. Now I come to know I need to continue paying the premium of the policy to avoid the waiting period as my father will be overseas as no suspension allowed. policy number: 6136750.
Not happy with the tricks allianz did with me, as i need to pay the premium even if my father will not be here. One of my friend has BUPA - COVER for his father and he suspended the policy and continue when his father is back.
This way ALLIANZ will loose all future customers and existing one also

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Amit, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed on this occasion, but thank you for sharing your feedback as it helps us improve. Kind regards, Tegan

And also u cover 85 % gp and lab tests not 100%
Rather than improving work on these issues.... Bupa had same few years back but now they are covering... 100%

Thanks for the additional feedback - we appreciate it. Tegan

Alejandra G.

Alejandra G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Avoid this is a light day robbery

I paid for nearly a year my visitor health cover which I made barely 3 claims with extremely delays in the money refund about a month waiting,blast week a got a call from one of their awfully mannered costumer service telling me they won be able to provide more awful service as Im a visa dependant and I need to convince my partner to pay for it too that I could take my money and go somewhere else ,is this even legal to being treated like this I feel scammed .also the money rebate it's not even worth it so save your money and travel

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Alejandra, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience, but thank you for sharing your feedback. I will send you a private message to see if there is anything I can do to assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Haris

HarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesn't even provide an option to suspend a policy

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Haris, thanks for your review & feedback - I have passed it onto the relevant team.

Pun W.

Pun W.South East Queensland, QLD

Visa requirement only

Thanks, did not want to use insurance though I have to have a visitor cover -a visa condition. Just a another way of making tourists spending in country, no value

Claim MadeNo

Most of the ailments are in 12 month waiting period which are not inline with Visitor visa period.

Not value for money. Stayed for 8 months. Most of the ailments are in 12 month waiting period for Visitor visa which is max 12 month stay. I see this is as dodgy as no one met this condition.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Vijay, thank you for the feedback - I have passed it onto the team. Kind regards, Tegan

Rosh

RoshVictoria

Value for money

Value for money and easy to set up. Will select the same for my parents next visit too.
The lady who helped via the phone was really helpful and efficient to set up the account..

That's so good to hear! Thanks for the review Rosh. Kind regards, Tegan

Yiling

YilingGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awesome service, perfect support while in overseas.

Easy to set up insurance. Resolve the claim efficiently, responding quickly. Nice staff there help you out. Feel worthy to purchase it from allianz. Good experience so far with allianz.

Claim DateOctober 2019