Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC)

Great Choice

Fantastic choice of health cover. It’s was easy to set up. I had been using this insurance company for 4 years and the way they conduct business is excellent. Word of applaud

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the kind words Cathy!

Nay

NayCanberra 2600, ACT

Great Service and commitment to customer satisfaction

The OVHC was very prompt and professional in dealing with my claims. They understood the unfortunate situation in which we needed to take their help while hospitalization. They prioritized the claims and were very thorough in every interaction I had while hospitalization and claim process. I strongly recommend their OVHC product for every overseas traveller; especially if they are elderly who may need medical attentions.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for sharing your claim experience Nay!

Dip

DipDarling Downs, QLD

not to bad having this insurance to fulfil Immigation requirement. Some where it’s costly for 3 month period of stay.

Good to be have policy however costly for three month period now. I am using from last five year for my family but Every year price hike for short period stay.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the feedback Dip.

Health Insurance

Find out how Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) compares to other Health Insurance

Arjun

Arjun

Incorrect fees charged

My policy expired 4 days ago and i called them to extend my policy. I was charged from the expiry date though i should have been charged from the date i called. They ripped me off and the customer associate was rude. They did not agree to provide a refund for those 4 days.
what if I had an emergency when my policy expired. I am sure they wud have told your policy has expired and cannot provide cover. But when it came to fees they charged me from the expiry date without my consent and disagreed to refund me for those 4 days.

Coverage TypeSingle Parent Extension
Hareesh

HareeshGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Delayed process and rejecting claim upfront

My Dad passed away Nov2019 called Allianz to bluntly receive a message let's see what your policy covers. I have sent detailed email many times with delayed response after multiple follow up after providing all documents and explaining all relevant information still no hope waiting for 2 months now. Have another policy which i need to cancel and I am done with Allianz

Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Hareesh, I'm very sorry to hear about this delay. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

This is your choice

Altough I did not need to use it, this is the best insurance in terms of coverage/price. Next time I go to Australia I plan to take it again. I had it for 3 months

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks Gonzalo, that's great to hear!

Good service experience about OVHC

Due to the novel Virus in 2020, I cancelled the trip and want to also cancelled the deal with Allianz due to irresistibility. I sent the Email for assistance before 4 days the insurance comes into effect. After about two working weeks, the customer service agent contacted me and provided the refund process. I'm satisfied about the communication and professional quality of them. I will choose them again if I have the chance

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear, thanks for the review!

Pei L.South East Queensland, QLD

Asking for policy cancellation is frustrating and not responding

Quick quote and easy process to purchase the policy. But when asking for cancellation of the policy it seems to be different story, 15 business days passed since the request for policy cancellation, no response from customer service so far.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Pei, I'm sorry to hear about this. I will send you a private message for further details to see if I can assist. Kind regards, Tegan

Pei L.

Hi Tegan, just wanted to thank you for your help. Problem resolved now.
Regards

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's so great to hear! I'm happy to help. Thank you for the update.

This is perfect! Allianz is always a good choice!

Yes. It's good! I've been using Allianz for about 19 months. I was invited to use Allianz by one of our colleagues. That's good quality and I'll keep noticing Allianz.

Plan CoverageAmbulance Only
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Juntao!

VARGHESE PAUL

VARGHESE PAULMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service...

It is good value and very short time for resolve...couple of months for my mother i have made this policy.. For me it's a great helpful and good service as well...

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear Varghese!

Daniel

DanielPerth, WA

Dissapointed !!!!!

I’m waiting more then 14 working days for my claims. Nobody answered for my additional questions. NOTHING!!!! This is very disappointing. You are breaking insurance code and customer service is very bad.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Daniel, I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. I will send you a private message for further details so I can follow this up for you. Kind regards, Tegan

Claim system needs to be improved

I had this insurance for 7 years and my experience was alright. They covered most things that medicare would. The claim system was annoying though. Bad enough that you had to pay everything out of pocket and then claim it back but the claim form was a pdf that couldn't be edited so you had to print it out, fill in all your details (for every single claim), sign it, scan it and submit it. I felt that they made this extra difficult so that some people might not bother to submit a claim because it's too much of a hassle. It can't be so hard to set up a simple online claim system like everyone else.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for your feedback Kay, I have passed this onto our OVHC team. Kind regards, Tegan

Sam

SamPerth, WA

Bad business policies

I had taken overseas visitors insurance for 2 visitors. They were not sure how they will stay for and so I had monthly payments options. After 2 months visitors decided to go back and I called to cancel policy but they said I have to give them atleast 30 days notice for cancellation and charged me $280 for nothing.
It was daytime robbery.
Would never recommend to anyone.

Coverage TypeFamily
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Sam, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed but thank you for the feedback. Kind regards, Tegan

Irina S.

Irina S.Perth, WA

Terrible service

I am paying 75$ a month and it doesn't cover anything (unless you admitted to the hospital or die) so can't comment on the process of lodging the claim - hopefully I won't have to do it
Service is terrible - they say they answer emails within 48 hours but it never happens. Even when they respond - sometimes it seems they haven't even read your questions properly...
Tried to call for 40 mins just now - they hang up! Called OSHC department - they haven't enen listened to me explaining the situation; transeferred the call to OVHC (who hang up again)

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Irina, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd like to help if I can so I will send you a private message for further details. Kind regards, Tegan

Zahida Hussain

Zahida HussainGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Satisfactory but needs improvement

Claim process needs to be made electronic so that hard copy stuff could be avoided.
Medication cost coverage should be improved as currently the policy is hardly covering anything.

Thanks for Support.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks so much for the constructive feedback Zahida - we appreciate it.

Sunil

SunilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for overseas visitors on a short term visit upto a year.

Perfect for overseas visitors on a short term visit upto a year. Easy to set up and simple terms and conditions while offering good value and great benefits. Happy with it both times I took it out for parents visiting.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

That's great to hear Sunil!

Really bad Online experience

Changed the frequency to Monthly, but still showing annually. Tried it few times but just wouldn't work. Kept pushing the date a day further every single time. Just fed up

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Amrit, I'm sorry to hear about that. I will send you a private message to see if I can help sort this out for you. Kind regards, Tegan

A policy which gives you peace of mind when visiting Australia(even if you don't have to use it!)

Bought a standard OVHC policy for me and my wife for our 18 days visit to Australia as tourists. Easy to set up(like most others). Coverage was for AUD 1 million for each of us, both of us being over 70 years of age(unlike most other companies which cover up to a max of only USD 50,000 for senior citizens, if at all). Reasonably priced, and no fine print hidden clauses.
Luckily neither of us faced any medical situation during our stay which required treatment/hospitalization. So can't comment on how reasonable and prompt settlement of claims are.
Would certainly take out an Allianz OVHC policy if I visit Australia again.

Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Thanks for the review Ramesh!

Harjit

HarjitWestern Australia

Perfect policy for Visitors

I like how you can use your membership as bulk billing service at their participating GP network, you don't have to pay anything upfront and no hassle of making claims. Easy and Awesome!! Only thing would like to suggest to give option to suspend policy if visitor going back temporary instead of cancelling the policy.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Thanks so much for the feedback! Kind regards, Tegan

BAD, the claim is pain

Claim ApprovedNo
Allianz PartnersAllianz Global Assistance

Hi Chihiro, I'm sorry to hear about this but thank you for the feedback. Has this been resolved or is there anything I can do to assist? Kind regards, Tegan

See all Allianz Global Assistance reviews