Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance (page 2 of 12)

1.9

Happy Senior

Happy SeniorMid North Coast, NSW

Keen to get it right

We negotiated back and forth a few times and Allianz were very keen to get the details and fulfill my requirements. Very happy with the outcome and final premium, Recommend

Property TypeOther
Rosalind Higginson

Rosalind HigginsonPerth, WA

We trust Allianz as simple as that.,

Definitely good value. We have been with Allianz for many years. I would prefer my car insurance with them too. Maybe I the future. Never claimed with either home and contents or car insurance.

Gordon

GordonRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Contents Insurance

We found the policy was of great value. As yet thankfully we have not had to lodge a claim but I must say we have a policy of a different type and have had to a lodge a claim, we could not be happier, service was fantastic. We have been with Allianz for eight years approximately.

Property TypeDuplex
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Allianz Home Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Terrible.

You cannot even get through to them on the phone, when you do, they just stuff you around again, steer clear. Waited on the phone over an hour with a home insurance claim and got put through to motor claims, just useless.

Coverage TypeHome Only

Claim DateDecember 2010
Nothappyjan69

Nothappyjan69Sydney, NSW

Best insurer!

I recently made a claim under my home & contents insurance and I cannot fault Allianz’s claims process. At a time of probably the highest number of claims due to severe weather & bush fire claims they processed my contents claim quickly with limited fuss. After providing them with all the documents they required i had my claim settled in 24 hours. I’m so grateful to have insurance with an organization that understands their customers needs when it matters most.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020
ray

rayPerth, WA

very good

client for years very happy or would go elsewhere if not satisfied always helpful when i need help would recommend to other people.have all my policy's with allianz works well for me.

Holbi

HolbiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great Insurance Deal

Had Allianz for a few years, always test the market at each renewal but Allianz is always the cheapest. Can't comment on the claims process as I've never had one.

Claim MadeNo

Never had a problem. Trust them for any insurance :)

Policy seems good, easy to attain, but never claimed on home or contents. Car, yes - twice.
Been with them a few years now, all good so far.
Hope they don't let me down if I do need to claim! There seem to be a few fake reviews here, grrr.

green reaper

green reaper

Allianz breach privacy nor do they call back

Claim DateMay 2017
Donny

DonnySouth East Queensland, QLD

It can't be worse than this!!!

I live in Gold Coast and I want to share this terrible experience with Allianz with everyone in the world.
On 18 January 2020, we had rain of 254.8mm in one day.
The Master bedroom ceiling collapsed and I made claim with Allianz Insurance.
Water was still leaking after one month from the incident; Allianz is not fixing this until they have to review the claim report.

Two inspection has been made and after one month later, "your loss is unfortunately not covered by the policy due to a going maintenance issue.
My house never had a leaking problem before and I have a Building inspection report to prove it.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2020

I cancelled my contents policy within 5 days - incompetent customer service & foreign call centers - no one cares.

Property TypeApartment/Unit
Grant Morris

Grant Morris

So far so good

Had my direct debit not go through. Hoping to get an email advising me why and how I should pay via BPAY. Nothing yet though. Otherwise, signing up was very smooth.

Chris C

Chris CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zero care factor

Worst insurance company that I've ever dealt with. Rude, condescending customer service people, zero care factor towards the customer. Been waiting more than three weeks for my house to get assessed and have rain / hail damaged looked at and fixed. Emails and calls not being returned. Never again will I take a policy with them.

Claim MadeYes

Warning do not insure with this company

10 months waiting for storm damage repairs, they sent multiple builders for quotes, alliance chose the cheapest quote, half way through repairs . Builder disappeared and they cash settled us the rest of a cheap quote, the work they had carried out was very poor leaving us to rectify, after a few months of our complaints they decided to cancel our policy, after years of us paying premiums to them, run a mile from alliance they are absolute rubbish!!!

J Beames

J BeamesCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Less than impressed

A home and contents policy i had raken out was put under another name, upon bringing the error up with them i was told the issue would be rectified within 48 hours, it has now been 3 weeks to the day and i eang back to enquire only to be told that i would be contacted in the next 24 to 48 hours

Claim MadeNo

They cancelled my policy without send me an email text or registered post

Not only they stop our insurance policy after a claim that didn't go through, after 3 month of seeing no payments they restarted my policy and backcharged these 3 months.
I found out 9 month later about this and call them back to get refund. After a battle they ended up refunding the 3 month + the 9 month if i cancel my pilicy and renew it.
They probably renewed my policy the wrong way.

If i didnt notice it and my house burnt i would have lost everything with a mortgage to pay despite paying them 100 a month.

So unprofessional, arrogant and misleading.

Coverage TypeHome Only
DIsgruntled

DIsgruntledMelbourne

Saved $1361 compared to RACV

Claim MadeNo

lying and very difficult to deal with

I made a claim on my garage ceiling collapsing, one person from Allianz says one thing and another person says no that's incorrect and all over the shop. I even got my own external plasterer to assess the ceiling and even he explained how its from storm damage, he said he deals with garage ceilings all the time.
Their external assessor is uneducated and contradicting and their reviews are also very poor, never heard back from Allianz internal review team and just didn't want anything to do with me. They make it drag on and on and got sick of wasting my time on the phone getting no where.
I even sent my own photos and proof of damage after external assessor sent blurry photos and still didn't want anything to do with me.

Mitchey

Mitchey

Will be cancelling all policies

They take my premiums no worries! When I try to make a claim I am met with many hoops to jump through, catches and delays. Too ard to deal with

Type of ClaimImpact at Home