Allianz Home Insurance

Allianz Home Insurance (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great to deal with

Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJune 2018

Chris Petchell

Chris PetchellSydney, NSW

Allianz is a terrible company to deal with, professionals at giving you the run around. Dodge coverage at all costs.

Terrible company. dishonest assessors. Bullying tactics. They spend more time trying to prove your not covered than anything else. I will never use their service again. And suggest the same to anyone who asks.

Wes

Wes

Allianz is the worst insurance to deal with when it comes to making claim. Stay away!

Allianz is the worst insurance to deal with when it comes to making claim. They are happy to accept your premium but when you need to make a claim they find every way to refuse a claim. They usually would try to wiggle their way to the grey area in their policy so that they can refuse a claim. Very poor practice. Having insurance with Allianz is like not having one. Stay away!

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim DateMay 2018
Simon

SimonPerth, WA

20% increase in premiums with no explanation

Allianz sent me a letter increasing home insurance premiums by 20%. Phone customer service was no help at all, trotting out scripted lines about increases in the cost of doing business. Clearly a laziness tax designed to grab margin from loyal customers.

Claim MadeNo

Vince

VinceNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst insurer

We were flash flooded twice during the Townsville floods. Over the phone, when lodging the claim, we were told that we were covered by flash flooding. The assessor came out and advised that everything has been lost and they should pay out the full contents insured. Allianz then sent a Hydrologist who said that even though the property was well away and higher than the creek, and that the water came from the side and not up from the creek, they decided that the water was still from the creek and so therefore have refused to pay out anything. We lost everything and now have to try and fight on top of losing everything and having to find a new place to live.

Coverage TypeContents Only

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Stay Away

They try everything to stop you lodged a claim or not to pay/fix your damages. I will lodge a case with Financial Service Ombudsman to stop this empty shell product. For those of you who had similar experiences, please write along. Someone needs to take action against these thieves. Or you can also join me if you want to see justice.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney, NSW

HORRIBLE BEYOND WORDS

If I could give no stars I would. My parents roof leaking, rang Allianz, took months to get fixed. Rained again, roof leaked again, months to get fixed. Repeat again. Fourth time this happened they blamed my parents and said their problem. It's been years with a leaky roof at my parents house, both are elderly and have respiratory problems. The amount they have paid Allianz in house insurance they could have bought a new roof. Go with any other insurance agency because anyone would be better. Still have the same leaking roof qhich has apparently been fixed already lol NOT!

Sarakara

SarakaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Family home flooded

We went on holiday on Februaru and when we came back home, 2 bedrooms were flooded due to a burst pipe. We submit a claim with alliance and it was accepted after their investigation and some report from a plumber. At the moment, we are staying at a nice apartment hotel all paid by the insurance. We are stressed all about it but happy as well knowing we are all covered with Alliance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateJune 2018

noonsy1949

noonsy1949Murray Region, NSW

20 years with Allianz house insurance made 1 claim and denied what a joke!!

Our Hot Water System failed water everywhere. Allianz said it was not covered due to 'wear & tear' what do we pay house insurance for? We thought we paid because of such a situation ie., hot water system failure sorry, Allianz said NOT COVERED so $1300 later we have a new hot water system paid for ourselves. What a joke! We have been with this mob over 19 years and paid thousands of dollars and never claimed against the Allianz Insurance Policy. To be treated like this?? Allianz is a corrupt, perverse, unsympathetic company who will deny every claim you make. Stay away from them!!!!

Type of ClaimImpact at Home
Claim DateJanuary 2019

Rusty

RustyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I peddle this rubbish down customers throats everyday

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Terrible insurance company

I have worked in insurance for 17 years and have been a team leader for 12 years out of that 17 years and my insurance company does not treat members like this. Had to lodge a business claim that has given me so much stress I had to request telephone recording to prove that I didn’t say something that would have effected my claim. Which finally after weeks and weeks past they got that phone recording and I was correct. Everyone is cold hearted and past you on to someone else or have to read the notes. My husband was so angry that he made me ring them every single day still dealing with claim almost 2 months old worst company ever don’t like paying claims out.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Better off just burning your money

I tried to do my very first claim as my house had flooded. I rang Allianz immediately when it happened. They said they would send out assessor to check the damage. No one rang back or came to assess anything. Meanwhile I was desperate and had to get the house repaired. I called them again and agin but still no assessor. 6 weeks after I first rang Allianz calls back and says assessor is coming. I told them its a bit late and I paid for all the repairs already. I couldnt claim anything back because they hadnt seen the damage for themselves before I had it all repaired. Did they want me to live in a flood damaged house for 6 weeks before they decided to call me back?

Property TypeTownhouse
Op s

Op sMelbourne

They only want your money

I did lodged my first ever claim with this company and after wasting one month by transferring phone calls from one department to another they finally decided to decline the claim which was due to water damage.
Please please anyone stay away from them..don’t waste your time and money.they r crooks just want your money.pathetic rude customer service no regards to u or ur property or ur time.
Every policy is dealt with outer body everything outsourced.
0 ratings if I could ever give them.
Hopeless rude time wasting pathetic money hungry...Allianz you are nothing but sh#t...
STAY AWAY

Glenn

GlennMelbourne

Allianz Life Insurance

I have my life insurance with Allianz, and my home insurance with GIO.
Obviously, I've never made a claim on my life insurance with Allianz, I've still got a pulse.
The reviews here worry me though, if my family ever have to claim on my life insurance.
With our home insurance with GIO, we've never had a problem. GIO have always paid promptly on any home related claim.

Insurance claim madeNo

Marie

Marie

CORRUPT

Insurance claim madeYes

Disgusted! Wasn't even with them for 6 months!

Insurance claim madeNo

Tanuj Jain

Tanuj JainTarneit

Fence claim

I have been with Allianz more than 6 months which I bought it from NAB, tried my first claim for the fence and they wasted my 4-5 months and now they telling they will only pay for the damage section and will send a builder for review. This is the most terrible and horrific company I came across in my life, don't have the option to give nil star rating, otherwise would have given that too.

Shonky. Beware.

I have insured my rental property with this company or a number of years. Recently our tenants did a runner and trashed our house leaving every inch of it damaged in some way. Flooring ruined, cabinets and doors damaged fly screens wrecked, tiles chipped, walls chipped electrical issues, filth everywhere. Allianz have refused all of our claim minus the smashed glass on my fireplace door and a broken garage door, the rest they claim (around 50 items) as carelessness/poor housekeeping and existing damage so is not covered. This is what $1200 plus $600 excess gets. Please please please stay away from this company.

xian lai ge

xian lai geasked

where is your shop near my home (2/28 Leila road Carnegie vic.)?

Dee
Dee

Nsw

Bjf

Bjfasked

Does Allianz cover cracks in fibreglass pool?

Imports
Imports

Don't know, but something is sure. We've moved away from due to their restrictive approach with home insurances. AAMI was more adaptable.

emberasked

How can the majority of reviews show the same outcome we experienced and then one absolutely over the top too good to be true fantastic, should I suggest fabricated review pops up in between. Who checks the validity of these reviews? What checks are made to ensure they are genuine and not the company fabricating great reviews.

Very sus.

Russ
Russ

Don't know but check the profits for Allianz says a lot

Rae
Rae

I'm not sure if this question is in relation to my very good feedback on Alliance (which shows as the most recent 5 star review at the top of the page), but if so I can tell you it's real. I sent a copy of the payout details etc to Product Review to verify my review of them. The claims officer went through our policy very carefully and ensured they paid us on every possible clause they could. We DID have a TOTAL LOSS fire though. Sure we had to get a couple of quotes: one from a builder to rebuild the house, one from a plumber for a rainwater tank (part of their $5,000 eco contribution that was paid in addition), and one quote for the cost of debris removal. The only thing that took time, was us finding people to get quotes from. Everything from the Alliance side was actioned quickly and efficiently. Would I insure with them again? ABSOLUTELY.

Also... prior to moving we had a small accident with the car, which is also insured with Alliance. Paid the excess and got the car fixed super easy with no hassle whatsoever. I've never had to claim on insurance before, yet within a 3 month period I had to make 3 claims! ALL have been great (the other one with Youi, whom I'm also about to give a good review to). Sorry you didn't have a good experience, but we really honestly did.

ember

Thanks for your feedback but we have found this company to be nothing but probems. You may have been the one and only very lucky winner for the year. This was not a big claim and they have been obstructive and argumentative.
Its good to hear that our premiums actually pay claims, not just CEO bonuses, all be it very rarely.
I'm sorry for loss and glad you did not have the same experience with this company as so many other victims. They are a terrible company if they pay out only one case in hundreds.
I have taken my business elsewhere.

Get an answer from our members and Allianz representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Contact Number 13 1000
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Other Insurance Types Offered Business, Car, Home and Contents, Income, Life and Travel